426 replies to this topic

#41 Pezzer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 616 posts
  • LocationBristol, Tennessee

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:25 PM

I'm honestly disappointed by the CW information. Unless Module 1 includes Houses/Clans/Galactic map/dropships etc, Module 1 and 2 seem to be lacking. The fact that these two modules together are considered the final CW product by Russ is just sad.

That's my critical response, now here's my optimistic one. Everything is still being kept under wraps, so one can easily assume that only confirmed stuff that is off the drawingboard/in-dev has been mentioned. Dropships are still a mystery. Same with houses, clans, etc.

Galactic Map was mentioned last Dev Vlog so it's a bit soon to elaborate on that. I can understand this. I just hope that the final CW product isn't just a ****** World of Tanks clan map rip-off (to be brutally honest). We want to see defenses, varied environments, bases that must be attacked or defended, C-bills and faction points that go to pimped-out Mechs, added base defense and reinforcements, complete MECH FACTORY purchases, etc etc etc etc!!! Not just blips on a map that we have a 12-man premade battle for.

We want to see a fleshed out Community Warfare system with Role Warfare and everything else built-in. While I can handle an early in-progress CW Lite coming out in the next 3 months, it should not be considered the final product.

P.S. If you guys want to start a Vet/Super Tester program that will contribute to game development, I would suggest only taking in players that have at least 11 months on their account to start with. If this vet program will become a voice for obtainable possible goals and suggested future gameplay elements, you can count me in for sure.

#42 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:31 PM

View Postkazlaton, on 11 July 2014 - 10:15 PM, said:

It seems like they are trying to force people to use consumables and those horrible weapon modules by limiting each mech to only 1 mech module slot. Such a bad idea in an otherwise good batch of news.

I get that impression as well.
I think module slots should remain neutral. This allows people to continue to use them in a mission specific manner *what a concept*

#43 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:32 PM

The upcoming module changes are exactly why weapon mods need to be buffed already. For starters, they should not penalize your heat output. Mech mods and consumables have no penalty other than taking up a slot, so neither should weapon mods. Also, increase the effects. +10 meters of range is useless.

Also, we need more weapon mod variety. I'm talking cooldowns, heat, damage, and weapon-specific mods. Give me MG CoF reduction, LBX crit rate increase, UAC jam reduction, faster Gauss charge, etc. etc. I don't want to waste a slot on +10 meters of range, please.

#44 process

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel II
  • Star Colonel II
  • 1,667 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:47 PM

No more night maps! My mechs need a tan.

#45 Lost Perci

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • 10 posts
  • LocationManchester, UK

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:48 PM

So so so much good news! Can't take it in properly yet. Love everything you've announced in this video, thanks everyone for the hard work!

If you're looking for map ideas, how about extending the old 8x8 maps to 12x12 size as a start? Should be less work to add to an existing map than designing from scratch?

#46 Saint Scarlett Johan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 3,349 posts
  • LocationOn the Delta side of Vicksburg

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:53 PM

View PostFupDup, on 11 July 2014 - 10:32 PM, said:

The upcoming module changes are exactly why weapon mods need to be buffed already. For starters, they should not penalize your heat output. Mech mods and consumables have no penalty other than taking up a slot, so neither should weapon mods. Also, increase the effects. +10 meters of range is useless.

Also, we need more weapon mod variety. I'm talking cooldowns, heat, damage, and weapon-specific mods. Give me MG CoF reduction, LBX crit rate increase, UAC jam reduction, faster Gauss charge, etc. etc. I don't want to waste a slot on +10 meters of range, please.

No kidding... bad implementation was bad.

ML w/lvl1 mod:
275.4m range
4.08 heat

ML w/out mod:
270.0m range (still does 4.90 damage at 275.4m)
4.00 heat

Yet it costs 3mil CBills... lolwut?

Edited by JohanssenJr, 11 July 2014 - 10:54 PM.

#47 Mandolorian

• Pip
  • Fire
  • Fire
  • 18 posts
  • LocationNevada

Posted 11 July 2014 - 10:54 PM

Hey, its great to see how excited the team is on improving the existing mechanics of the MWO game and how they are going to keep improving and upgrading. I very much look forward to the new maps along with community warfare, and new modules for the IS/Clan mechs. Two thumbs up PGI. Also wanted to say it was awesome to see PGI staff doing a few drops with the community the last week, i took out bombadil with my Timberwolf. that was a blast thank you for the drop on terra therma ;) all in all thank you all for finally turning things into the positive as far as kinks and new content. Cant wait to see and hear about the new things that are in store for all of us who play daily.

#48 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:05 PM

This was great to hear. All of it. Im most pleased that you guys are listening to the community. Keep moving forward guys you are making good progress.

#49 Sug

• The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 4,626 posts
  • LocationChicago

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:09 PM

Russ: That first module, I won't commit to any ETA yet, but it is not too far off....yeah that should be a summer release for sure.

Oh man.

"Fully committed to getting out modules 1 and 2 this yeah, by this fall."

Third time's the charm!

;)

#50 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:10 PM

They all look soo tired in the video,specially russ and nico . now i know they really work very hard to make wm0 a better game. anyway guess u guys dont hear that much, but thanx for ur effort,keep up the good work (but for god sake get some rest too) hope MW0 will last for along time.

#51 VoodooLou Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 595 posts
  • LocationMember #2618

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:19 PM

Hmm new module slots and more than the standard 2 with the added 1 for mastery. Not a bad idea, if the prices for the modules go down significantly (for example from 2 million down to 2 hundred thousand). Jump Jet changes, does this mean that you will be adding in the long missing (alllll the way back to Mech 3!) Directional JumpJets (allows the mech to not just jump up and forward but able to strafe, spin and brake (jump back))? Community Warfare, looking forward to it (still). Community Vetted Map....I guess that means its time for me to begin the Campaign for the Creation of Spire of Destiny on Setubal! At the top of a 2KM tall Spire sits a Brain Cache the 1st Unit to the top wins, but its not as easy as you think with no guard rails on the steep switch backs and no way to 'Waddle' your way up the sheer sides. Also has a few tunnels as well as ambush niches. Its originally from the Mech2 NetMech and was loved (and hated) by many. Oh and on the map subject...How about adding in some Mission, free for all and group modes like what was done in Mech 2? Spire of Destiny wasnt the only Mission Oriented Map (I think Carse and Tikonov were also Mission centric maps 1 was capture the plans that were inside a maze-like building that had a magnetized roof that cut your movement rate to 10% (Elementals who could only travel at 20 KPH were the fastest things on the roof!) And Tikonov you had to defend 4 'outposts in a sheer walled maze canyon system if I recall correctly {havent gone hunting for visuals and info Yet!}) Just an idea or 3 or 20 for ya to mull over.

#52 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:21 PM

Although I like the idea of the revamped module system, I hate the weapon modules a lot. You have either silly and/or useless for hot weapons (aka don't bother), and stupidly too useful for non-hot weapons (always beneficial, with no negative effects).

Frankly, the weapon modules need to be revamped first before I'd even consider the change as a "good idea".

Edited by Deathlike, 11 July 2014 - 11:22 PM.

#53 SpiceMelange

• PipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 28 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:24 PM

Cool info! Thanks!

#54 Biglead

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,102 posts
  • LocationManassas, Va

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

Anyone else catch those Freudian slips?

"Blah blah producing content for the next 2 to 3... Errr I mean 5 to 6 years" and "For however long MWO is around".

Maybe I just read too much into things, but when he said that nearly back to back I was like... Really, writing on the wall much?

Edited by Biglead, 11 July 2014 - 11:34 PM.

#55 Kaeseblock

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • WC 2018 Top 12 Qualifier
  • 258 posts
  • LocationEU / Deutschland

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:34 PM

Best Dev-Vlog so far.

Thumbs up for the Module, JJ and "Mech Factory Map" teaser parts shown. Seeing things is a lot better then just hearing somebody talk about them.

Can't wait to see the features in game. ;)

(Also: Auto refill checkbox for consumables! Finally!)

#56 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:41 PM

I'm glad we're getting CW this year, in some form, the fact that its had no work done on it for months, and modual 1 and 2 are recond to be finnished this year, suggests it going to be really basic, and I hope this isn't the case.

New maps and community suggestions are a great idea, but in the forums they need to be here, when anyone from PGI says the forums they I get a feeling are thinking of NGNG's and not their own, which from a common sense point of view sounds self defeating.

So these forums must be the place it happens not ignored like you do with the mech design forum threads, its also sadly the only place where so seem to adopt idea's from, which is kind of sad, and its usually pretty clear when one of their bad idea, makes the game as NGNG comes here trolling or raging the people that don't like it.

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 11 July 2014 - 09:37 PM, said:

It's a waste of time to watch, I pick up information faster through written text then trying to struggle listening to useless podcasts or blogs. It's easier for many to just read text, it's also a better option, afterall at least we can then interpret the words they used instead of the implications or intonations they put into their words used in the video. AKA easier to dissect actual information...

Well they have to justify wasting development money on paying NGNG so we get to deal with people trying to give important information who are understandably not that great in front of a Camera, rather than clear concise text with pictures.

#57 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:44 PM

View PostApostal Sinclair, on 11 July 2014 - 08:22 PM, said:

Is it that hard to produce a transcript prior to uploading this before a weekend?

Compared to just watching a 13:20 video? Yes, it is that much harder.

View PostKjudoon, on 11 July 2014 - 08:20 PM, said:

Edit: Summer CW module release AND MAPS?!?!??!!! Squeeee!

That's the first module - which sounds like it's just about adding clan tags and the like. The second module, which has some actual gameplay components, is due by 21 December, according the Reddit interview.

View PostKitane, on 11 July 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

More module slots (specialized for consumables and weapon modules?) Good...

Generally, though in reality they are just creating more CBill sinks, and I'm concerned we'll end up with 12 or more strikes per team in each match.

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 11 July 2014 - 09:18 PM, said:

Russ looks like he has not slept in days.

I have a different theory.

Edited by Appogee, 11 July 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#58 Navid A1

• CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • CS 2022 Gold Champ
  • 4,931 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

cant wait for the new maps. (nice job on the sneak peeks).

Multiple category module slots seems to be a good idea.!

Rejoin???... finally... its finally here... that's just too good (and too basic at the same time) to a degree that makes it unbelievable...!

Also, along with the continuous tweaking and tunning, i'd like to see an animation fine-tuning on clan assaults.!

#59 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:46 PM

oops

Edited by Appogee, 11 July 2014 - 11:48 PM.

#60 Appogee

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts

Posted 11 July 2014 - 11:50 PM

View PostRoland Skinner, on 11 July 2014 - 09:29 PM, said:

is there any way you can start rolling out variants of each map with different geometry ?

Brilliant idea.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users