Lb 10-X Ac

73 replies to this topic

#61 Ovion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 3,182 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 02:19 AM

Except it really isn't all that situational.
It's really versatile, with the range, damage, screenshake, and crit bonuses.
Yes the damage is a bit more spread out at long distance (though you still cause the screenshake, and can make your target run and hide pretty easily), but it's also easier to hit your target at any range, easier to hit something fast moving with at least something whereas you'd often lose all damage with the AC/10, etc.

I don't mind people underestimating it though, because they'll ignore me over something else and by the time they realise - it's too late :)

Also, your Crit Percentages are wrong. It's + those amounts, so the actual numbers are:
1x Crit = 39%, 2x Crit = 22%, 3x Crit = 6%, Total Crit Chance = 67% Per Pellet.

The switching ammo types is primarily meant for the clan mechs from what I've gathered, IS mechs may not get them from what I recall.

#62 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 03 August 2014 - 08:30 PM

i can see where it might get add to is but only after special ammo types are added to the standerd ac so that there a reason to still use it

#63 Gralzeim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 366 posts
  • LocationIllinois, USA

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:25 PM

View PostOvion, on 03 August 2014 - 02:19 AM, said:

The switching ammo types is primarily meant for the clan mechs from what I've gathered, IS mechs may not get them from what I recall.

Oh that had better be wrong, I hope. Clans don't need another weapon advantage, what they've got now is fine. And implying that the ability for the LBX family to swap modes is Clan tech is...uh...well, that would be a mistake, because it's something the IS has had before the Clan invasion. There's no reason for Clan mechs to get that exclusively.

Also to be accurate, it's not really ammunition switching. It's just switching between the canister releasing its submunitions, or staying whole and impacting as a standard AC round. It's what makes the LBX autocannons a straight upgrade to their normal kin, though LBX autocannons cannot use specialty ammunition (armor piercing etc), nor can Ultra or Rotary autocannons. Though the flexibility, lighter weight, and smaller size the LBX offers probably outweighs that loss.

Edited by Gralzeim, 05 August 2014 - 03:28 PM.

#64 SethAbercromby

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:39 PM

View PostGralzeim, on 05 August 2014 - 03:25 PM, said:

It's what makes the LBX autocannons a straight upgrade to their normal kin, though LBX autocannons cannot use specialty ammunition (armor piercing etc), nor can Ultra or Rotary autocannons. Though the flexibility, lighter weight, and smaller size the LBX offers probably outweighs that loss.

In the current timeline, the LB does however make the AC10 obsollete as special ammunition first becomes available a few years down the road. I'm trying to find specific dates on the different ammunition types, but I haven't been very sucessful yet.

*EDIT* Got 'em. Sorted by year of release:
Tracer: Introduced 2300. Mixed into standard ammunition (let's just assume that's why we can see the projetiles).
Flak: Intruduced 2310. Akin to LB ammo. Useless against 'Mechs.
Caseless: Introduced 3055. Double ammo per ton, prevents usage of other ammunition. Has chance of Jamming.
Flechette: Introduced 3055. Anti-Infantry. Delivers a shotgun-like blast of explosive shrapnel. Only half as effective against anything but infantry.
Armor-Piercing: Introduced 3059. Has chance to crit component through armor. Half ammo per ton and less accurate.
Precision: Introduced 3062. Can correct their course mid-flight. Half as many rounds per ton.

Edited by SethAbercromby, 06 August 2014 - 07:44 AM.

#65 kosmos1214

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • 776 posts

Posted 08 August 2014 - 05:29 PM

well in this time line the standard ac 10 is obsolete as the lbx ac10 was intended to be a full on up grade to the ac 10
in lore the only reason the ac 10 hung on was do to special ammo types caseless armorpicering ect

oops some 1 all ready sayed that lol

Edited by kosmos1214, 08 August 2014 - 05:30 PM.

#66 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 01:46 PM

i really like the LBX but....i have come to the conclusion that is just isn't worth the weight. I keep using them on lots of builds but they just suck.

I've been using a dual LBX jager and even there is stinks. even at close range where the spread is very tight...it blows which is sad. It must be scary to see that dual blast and even the pretty fast cooldown just doesn't help it.

so sad....it should be fun.

#67 SethAbercromby

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,308 posts
  • LocationNRW, Germany

Posted 11 August 2014 - 02:54 PM

View PostBigbacon, on 11 August 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

i really like the LBX but....i have come to the conclusion that is just isn't worth the weight. I keep using them on lots of builds but they just suck.

I'm running LBs on many builds myself and I've come to the conclusion that they are absolutely awsome. They scale immensly with other weapons such as SRMs and the secret technique when using multiple of them is called chainfire. Only using one or two LBs and nothing else will feel underwhelming, but combined with Medium Lasers and SRMs, they can be devastating in a brawl.

#68 Bigbacon

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,088 posts

Posted 11 August 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostSethAbercromby, on 11 August 2014 - 02:54 PM, said:

I'm running LBs on many builds myself and I've come to the conclusion that they are absolutely awsome. They scale immensly with other weapons such as SRMs and the secret technique when using multiple of them is called chainfire. Only using one or two LBs and nothing else will feel underwhelming, but combined with Medium Lasers and SRMs, they can be devastating in a brawl.

i've been using 2 LBXs with 4 MLs

i do enjoy using it on my ember sometimes as you just don't expect it.

Edited by Bigbacon, 11 August 2014 - 04:08 PM.

#69 xeromynd

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostBigbacon, on 11 August 2014 - 04:07 PM, said:

i've been using 2 LBXs with 4 MLs

i do enjoy using it on my ember sometimes as you just don't expect it.

And if you're willing to drop some $$$, I highly recommend the Firebrand with 2x LBX10 and 6x ML

#70 Chuck Jager

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,031 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 03:52 AM

Switching ammo types in guns in not just clan or IS tech, soldiers who shot muskets could choose solid ball, ball and buckshot or just whatever they could shove down the barrell (shot).

Great read on the differences between the LBX and Acs

#71 Blakkstar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 249 posts

Posted 20 October 2014 - 06:54 AM

LBX is a nice weapon as long as you don't rely on it as your main damage dealer. Pairing it with PPC, ER Large, or ML bundle works well. Using it with LRMs or SRMs not so much, as you just wind up sanding off armor from everywhere.

I also have the benefit of a low ping most of the time, so that may contribute it it performing better.

#72 Mad Ox

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 358 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 October 2014 - 09:51 AM

For Brawling end game clean up, hunting lights its great.

IS I pretty much always go with regular AC nice solid 1 round fired able to snap shot or lay down fire. And as single shot can snipe with it

On my Clan mechs I prefer LBX, up close the shotgun spread still very tight in so not bad at all.

Also its a single shot I dont have to track target after firing so can snap shot. To make Clan different from IS they made AC's different; Ultra and regular AC for clan do the damage listed but spread out over a few rapid fired round requiring you to keep tracking the target and making snap shots brawling shooting MUCH harder. Also in general spreading the damage out anyway not as much as LBX at range but still spreading it out.

#73 RazorbeastFXK3

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 551 posts
  • LocationSyracuse, NY

Posted 20 October 2014 - 11:02 AM

Reading through all the comments I couldn't help but remember the Mechwarrior 3 missions where my 'mech would get tickled by turrets that were equipped with LB2X. More of an annoyance than anything but still dealt damage enough so I couldn't just stay in one spot while engaged with enemy 'mechs. Like super-extended machine guns pretty much. So long as you have armor you're fine but soon as the armor is stripped, you better seek cover or you'll get picked apart real quick.

#74 Burktross

• Bad Company
  • 3,663 posts
  • LocationStill in closed beta

Posted 20 October 2014 - 05:18 PM

Hunchbacks + LBX10 = ****'s getting real

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users