50 replies to this topic

#1 Kyle Polulak

<member/>

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 584 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC

Posted 15 July 2014 - 09:34 AM

Crashed to Desktop? Fatal Error? Frozen? Let us know what happened here!

Please attempt to respond to the following questions in your responses:
  • Was any error message provided with the crash, if so, which?
  • Where in the game or menus did the crash occur?
  • What steps had been taken prior to the crash occurring?
  • Does the crash re-occur for you if repeating those same steps?
  • What are your video settings, did you change them since last patch?
  • What are your System specs? (You can include them in a [ spoiler] [ /spoiler]
In some cases we've seen that deleting the shaders folder and relaunching the game will solve these crashes and related issues.

Simply delete the shaders folder located here by default:
C:\Games\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\USER\Shaders
Otherwise, please use our new repair tool, which will verify your game directory files and repair any file issues:http://mwomercs.com/...public-release/
Remember to contact us at support@mwomercs.com with your dxdiag for additional 1-to-1 support from our Game Masters!
To find your crash dumps for support, the file is labelled "crashdump.dmp" and the default location is: C:\Program Files (x86)\Piranha Games\MechWarrior Online\USER

#2 freak

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 02:57 PM

Tried to play approximately 10 times today, crashed to desktop all bar 2 games, same error each time, memory allocation error. Not going to bother trying to fix, have uninstalled the game and will try again next year if it is still going then

#3 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 15 July 2014 - 03:24 PM

Crashes:
Again crashes with 120 out of 0, more frequent now that it happend once.

it happens when loading entering the map i'm going to play.

specs quad phenom 2 with 8gb ddr3, HD 7870, and 2 tb drive.

REPAIRTOOL:
i can keep running te repairtool but it doesn't seem to resolve the real issue.
(shaderfiles get cleaned too)

I've also run the included repairtool now and 'fixed' all.
And re-run it to test it, and the same files that where 'fixed' where corrupt again/stil.

Ps: the new tool seems to be a bit quicker.

Spoiler

addon:
Have run the tool again the next day, it repaired the files correct now.

Edited by Rebel Ace Fryslan, 16 July 2014 - 12:48 AM.

#4 HUTCH43

Rookie

• Warrior - Point 3
  • Warrior - Point 3
  • 2 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 04:14 PM

Attempted to play MechWarrior online "which is an amazing game" but when the game started it was full screen with one half of the screen off the screen in the top left corner with very low resolution and was un able to edit screen size because I was unable to get the mouse icon to the in game settings . I attempted to update all programs, defragment, delete shaders, restart computer. I have a windows 8.1 OS. The problem started the same day as the most recent patch.

If anyone else is having this problem please post for solution and feedback.

Thank you

#5 Koda Shy

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 94 posts
  • LocationTriPoint-Kapenja

Posted 15 July 2014 - 06:52 PM

I was fine before today, now I cant play at all, everything Is good until about 3 mins in, then I just stop, I can hear everything going on, but screen is frozen or jumpy, but goes back to the same place, like rubberbanding,

i can shoot and see the graphic from that, but lagging behind, cant see chat, and if i get killed, i cant spectate or leave the game

from what i can tell, as soon as i get hit, it happens, i hear my footsteps but my speed is creeping, i hear all around but im frozen, i have to alt tab and close the game, only way to exit, im very upset,

did the repair tool, a 2nd time, just played a game, seemed to work ok, a bit laggy but i think i can make it work :P

koda out

Edited by Koda Shy, 15 July 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#6 EvilCow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,234 posts

Posted 15 July 2014 - 10:41 PM

The memory leak-related crash is still there, "allocation error" dialog after 4 games and crash to desktop.

At least now it is possible to rejoin but it is still very annoying.

#7 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:18 AM

Played a few games and then 2 map PAK files are corrupt again. :P

#8 QuaxDerBruchpilot

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 319 posts
  • LocationAustria

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:43 AM

As of lately (before latest patch!) I encounter a CTD after the end-game-screen. It only happens at the end of a battle, sometimes when leasving with ESC after beeing killed, sometimes when exiting the end-game stats screen. This happens twice or three times an evening, at least nearly once.

I already had the repair tool running (yesterday), but with no improvement so far.

It's only minor disturbing since it definitely doesn't happen in-game, but just to have this reported.

#9 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 16 July 2014 - 04:15 AM

Well something is wrong with the repairtool.

After the fix of 2 corrupted files, started up the game.
And it crashd with "missing PAK-files, run repairtool"

So the 2 repaired files weren't there anymore?

And this made the game crash and produce 2 more corrpted files :ph34r:

Spoiler

#10 Chadoo

Rookie

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 06:04 AM

Once again after a patch I am unable to join a match and get sent back to the mechlab. Have tried over and over to rejoin but get sent back each time with a connection error disconnected from game server. After last patch it was this and the gameplay would stop (I could still run around but everyone else was frozen in time), I would have to quit the match and start over again.

Had/have run repair tool multiple times with no fix. Last time it took a unistall/reinstall then the game seemed to work fine up till this morning after patching.

Love the game but come on this is getting to be a bit much when it happens again and again and again after each patch. I am finding myself moving on to other things because of this issue. Reinstalling takes a while as it is a big download each time as well as running the repair tool.

I understand it may be something with my system but I have been playing since closed beta with no changes and not many issues until the past half year or so when new patches seem to roll out. Help me out with some new ideas and not the ones that are always repeated in forums ect with trying to fix this as I have spent lots of time already with the typical things to try.

I hate to say it but it is getting harder to dbl click the mwo icon.

#11 Ascheriit Davion

• PipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 72 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:11 AM

1. For my case the crash happened right after the patch

2. Happened about 50/50 everytime I joined a battle session, and occured at the loading screen. I got a pop out window saying: "CryEngine Error - FRead did not read expected number of byte from file, only 128 of 0 bytes read"

3. The game automatically close

4. After that i can always succesfully restart the game and relog, however:
a. When I tried to use the rejoin feature, cryengine error no. 2 above always happen (100%)
b. When I tried to join a new game, there's 50/50 chance error no 2 above happen also

5. Please don't tell me to reinstall the game. This error happened to me ONLY after the latest patch and never happened before, so I dun think this error is related to the old cry engine error where the workaround is to reinstall the game.

Thank you.

#12 trollgunner

Rookie

• Moderate Giver
  • 5 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 09:08 AM

Can't even start it. I click it, and it pulls up the logo, then crashes and says that the servers are undergoing maintenance. Really want it fixed, this is my favorite game.

#13 Squadgunner

Rookie

• Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 6 posts

Posted 16 July 2014 - 12:02 PM

View Posttrollgunner, on 16 July 2014 - 09:08 AM, said:

Can't even start it. I click it, and it pulls up the logo, then crashes and says that the servers are undergoing maintenance. Really want it fixed, this is my favorite game.

I got this minus the 'servers are undergoing maintenance' message. I uninstalled and tried to start but the patcher won't even start, just getting the same logo to crash.

#14 Jagatai Khan

Rookie

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2 posts
  • LocationLiverpool,United Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2014 - 01:34 PM

View PostSquadgunner, on 16 July 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

I got this minus the 'servers are undergoing maintenance' message. I uninstalled and tried to start but the patcher won't even start, just getting the same logo to crash.

Yeah iv got exactly the same problem as well :D

#15 Lagit6

• PipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 16 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

Posted in the patch notes comments, but I'll post here also as this is the feedback thread. I am also getting the server maintenance problem :D

#16 Aggressor666

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 158 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 16 July 2014 - 07:53 PM

I keep getting dropped after matches due to "unknown error" and when I try to log back in it just hangs.
hafta restart the game every time...

#17 Rebel Ace Fryslan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 439 posts
  • LocationAd Astra

Posted 17 July 2014 - 07:13 AM

rotten 128 out of 0 crash

Spoiler

And 5 files corrupt, because of this crash?

Edited by Rebel Ace Fryslan, 17 July 2014 - 07:23 AM.

#18 T1MB3RW0LF

Rookie

• Philanthropist
  • 4 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 11:08 AM

My father and I cannot access the game at all. for 2 1/2 days now whenever he or i try to start the game on either of our computers we get an error message saying the servers are down for maintenance. it is impossible to get into the game at all.

#19 DevilCrayon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nightmare
  • The Nightmare
  • 274 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:38 PM

@T1MB3RWOLF: Run the repair tool They made a change to the patcher/launcher that should help you out.

This release feels a bit more unstable than the previous several in that I've crashed to desktop a few times and had one instance where I disconnected from the server but the client didn't notice and let me keep running around shooting at stuff while everyone else stopped moving.

#20 DasProjektil

• PipPipPip
  • 69 posts

Posted 17 July 2014 - 12:42 PM

Today was the first evening i was able to play since the patch.
I experienced the endless Connection issue after two matches, that I quit early because I died. This is the first time this happened to me :)
Repair tool is running, lets see if it helps.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users