Clan Invasion = Pay To Win?

301 replies to this topic

#21 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:48 AM

The timber wolf is pay 2 win. Anyone can see this.
It can lose a torso, it has jj's, its freaking fast, its well armoured, it can carry an incredible loadout - I challenge anyone to make an IS heavy mech that can compete with it.

As for the 'learn to play' arguement - get a grip, yes I can do great against them in ym IS mechs - but i'de do better in clan mechs. Paywall to superior mech = pay2win, it is that simple.

#22 Sudden

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 274 posts
  • LocationK2 cockpit

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:55 AM

omg you guys are like children. I don't own a clan mech and in no way am a good pilot and I do fine against clan mechs. stop complaining about bs. if you want to cry about OP mechs, cry about the OP IS light mechs in the game. I will take a timberwolf head on, with my shadowhawk, but not a jenner. i run away from those

#23 Dirkdaring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTwycross

Posted 19 July 2014 - 07:56 AM

View PostChemie, on 19 July 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

you were against 9 IS and 3 clans...hardly proves anything

You might want to look at the screenshot and try counting again.

#24 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:02 AM

View PostSudden, on 19 July 2014 - 07:55 AM, said:

omg you guys are like children. I don't own a clan mech and in no way am a good pilot and I do fine against clan mechs. stop complaining about bs. if you want to cry about OP mechs, cry about the OP IS light mechs in the game. I will take a timberwolf head on, with my shadowhawk, but not a jenner. i run away from those.

I do fine against them too, but i'de do better against them in a stormcrow, timberwolf or direwhale.

I guess you have no problem with people taking drugs to give themselves an advantage in sports?
Im out of here anyway, I've said my piece.

#25 Scurry

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 375 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:07 AM

The Timber Wolf needs a balance pass.

The Dire Whale and the Stormcrow are maybes, and it sounds like the DW is already getting its worst pinpoint offender nerfed.

The rest are generally well-balanced. So Clans as a whole - no, not better, just different. Certain individual chassis, however, need some work.

#26 Dymlos2003

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • Moderate Giver
  • 1,473 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:37 AM

View PostLorgarn, on 19 July 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Oh you hate that response? Should I start to tell you how much I hate being just the punching bag for awesome groups I have to pug against?
Whenever someone from the lower end of the foodchain shares about how frigging frustrating it is to be thrown against teams who outperform you on so many different levels (score, map-knowlede, positioning, aiming, teamplay, longrange shots with brilliant acuurency, lrm swarms, and so drasticly mobile light who take apart 3 or 4 machines) match after match, they get told they should not complain and get better. When they state then, that the learningcurve is quite horizontal in such matches you get responses like 'l2p' (I have seen on also in this thread already).
Now we add ANOTHER IMBALANCE to the game which is even stronger felt AGAIN by the novice or beginner players and you tell me you hate resonses like that?
I am deeply sorry for ruining the state of the world for the hardcore players but this is how it looks like at the moment.

Sounds like a l2p post. Especially since you say you go against groups in pug play when you are actually going against solos only in solo play.

#27 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 19 July 2014 - 08:40 AM

View PostViktor Drake, on 19 July 2014 - 07:18 AM, said:

The issue is, THEY DON'T OFFER A SERIOUS ADVANTAGE!!!

I get so tired of hearing this. I own the Timberwolf and while it is a good mech, I have many IS mechs, in a similar weight range that can equal or out perform it.

You can mount a 400XL in a Battlemaster which gets it up to 83.9 kph which is only 6 kph slower than a TW and you still have 53.06 firepower at those speed so your not even giving up the Pew Pew to get that sort of speed, and this is an 85 ton mech we are talking about, not a 75 tonner like the TW. (Oh and it is ONLY 12 kph faster than the CLAN 85 tonner...wonder what that means in terms of how much advantage Clans have) Therefore by your standards, owning and using a Battlemaster gives players an obvious advantage yet I don't see posts crying it is OPed or anything like that.

I am sorry to be kinda ranting at you but the guy you responded too is right on the money with his post and even explains why while all you can come up with is "Clan are P2W". I may be wrong but If I had to bet you don't own a Timberwolf (which we all know is the unnamed mech you referred to) do you and if you don't I am sure the response I will get is something along the lines of "I have eyes, I have spectated and watched videos so that makes me a expert" or some such.

So do you own one or are you just an armchair expert? Important distinction because one has the knowledge and experience required to actually make an accurate evaluation and other is just blowing alot of smoke.

Are you saying I'm not allowed to call you people out on your obvious P2W stupidity unless I also buy into your mass delusion?

#28 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:04 AM

View Postxe N on, on 19 July 2014 - 06:29 AM, said:

I fail to see where a 1-2 CGauss 2CERPPC Timberwolf or Direwolf need to take greater risk then any pinpoint IS mech.

I also fail to see where CSRM boats need to take greater risks then IS SRM boats.

I also fail to see where Clan-LBX need to take greater risk then IS-LBX

I also fail to see where Clan-ACs need to take a greater risk then IS-Lasers

Clans only need to take the greater risk if a IS pinpoint build (preferably poptarter) stands again a Clan laser or AC build.

However, if you see this as the balancing element, please take out IS lasers, SRMs and LBX completely to prevent IS players using anything else then LRMs and pinpoint damage :)

Those are valid points but also consider in an IS vs Clan scenario with PPC and gauss the pinpoint damage is almost equal and the IS mechs run cooler. There are tradeoffs and one is not inherently superior. If you are running pinpoint then you should be able to hit CT's and those have no survivability difference.

CSRM boats again, run hotter than IS SRM boats... the risk of over heating is worse. They can hit and fade better but an IS mech is going to do better with sustained fire.

LBX's honestly haven't used them enough to comment, but you could probably say clan LBX's are strictly superior... but that's a pretty tenuous line for p2w especially if IS ballistics exist that are just as good or better than aren't LBX's.

Clan AC's... you use UAC's. The AC's should have been toggle fire for the LBX, I have not seen anyone even running the AC's to any success. If they were the meta then maybe it might be an issue, but seriously no one uses these.

Edited by Jetfire, 19 July 2014 - 09:05 AM.

#29 Bobby Blast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 183 posts
  • LocationSouth Eastern United States

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

We get that you don't see a correlation between doing 850 damage and no kills in a clan mech and doing 240 damage in an IS mech and getting 3 kills , we get it...

You think LRMs should be nerfed because you can never seem to find cover fast enough or be bothered equipping an AMS we get it.

Clan mechs are P2W even though they're releasing for c-bills, we get it.

Timberwolves are overpowered because EVERYONE pilots one making it seem like you got killed by one every game for over a month, got it...

Thanks for all the threads. All of your threads are duly noted. Thank you for your passion on the subject, we get it...

#30 Jetfire

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostMeiSooHaityu, on 19 July 2014 - 06:31 AM, said:

Yes, remember. If you feel something is not right, it is ALWAYS your fault. Been playing for 2 years, have a good grasp of the game, have a good KDR and good map knowledge yet you feel the Clans have a slight advantage...NO! You are terrible...Get on my level! L2P Noob! LOL. Seriously though, this read A LOT like that. No offense man, but I hate that response.

In anycase though, the longer beam duration on Clan lasers vs IS is negligable. If you torso twist like a freak, then maybe the longer burn time might mean damage gets spread more. I think the Clan lasers are really good at countering any faction Heavy or Assault at range. Those mechs are a bit too slow to find cover when the energy beams come shining in.

Clan ballistics (A/Cs) are kind of cool, but I think I still prefer IS front load damage ballistics.

Hyperbole and a half man. It's my honest observation. A slight advantage in what circumstances? Just in general they are slightly better? I honestly just do not see that result. I am sure the devs could share complete statistics but from what I have seen there is no perceptible connection between owning a clan mech and winning. I have however seen a huge connection to playing as a team and winning.

The burn times are not negligible. If you torso twist you can spread the damage around to a far greater extent. If you move in and out of cover quickly you can avoid most of the damage. They are only negligible if you are stuck out in the open, but moving into open ground is a conscious choice. The UAC fire mechanism is similar, it is far harder to land pinpoint damage on a moving mech and more so at range.

If you take advantage of the particular traits of your mech and its weapons then from what I have seen IS and Clan mechs are pretty solidly balanced.

I would also point out that the clans have quite a bit of survivability balancing in their hitboxes, some so extreme (IE Direwolf) that it had to be toned down.

#31 Teeboy

• Pip
  • 14 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostAxeface, on 19 July 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

It can lose a torso, it has jj's, its freaking fast, its well armoured, it can carry an incredible loadout - I challenge anyone to make an IS heavy mech that can compete with it.

As for the 'learn to play' arguement - get a grip, yes I can do great against them in ym IS mechs - but i'de do better in clan mechs. Paywall to superior mech = pay2win, it is that simple.

I mean no offense or disrespect, but I disagree with you on every point. I think once you pilot a clan mech for a while, you also will disagree with the points you make in this post.

#32 Siegegun

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hungry
  • The Hungry
  • 424 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 09:57 AM

These threads are seriously becoming tiresome. I have a NEW suggestion...

PGI please make a new forum area for all the QQ, whiney, Clans are OP/P2W threads. This way all the people who do not want to look in the mirror can all hang out together and cry together. This will go a long way to cleaning up the general discussion area as well as place all the "concerned" members in one location for you to peruse at your leisure PGI.

#33 Rager Beater

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 10:26 AM

if you constantly getting creamed by clan mechs your doing it wrong, i take out my griffin, firestarter, cicada, or Orion and I still have good score, and no clan mechs "cream me" because im smart, dont get separated from the group and know my mechs good enough to know if its dangerous going facebashing with a Direwolf when im in my firestarter.

#34 Ngamok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 5,033 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationLafayette, IN

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:05 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 19 July 2014 - 06:06 AM, said:

Clans cost money and offer a very real, very serious advantage. There has never been a game where you can exchange money to simply win. Even when you buy a hack suite for counter-strike, you are still required to actually click and interact with the game to farm your kills.

Clans are P2W.

I can't use c-bills to get a heavy mech that moves as fast as stock lights, tanks damage like an assault, jumps like a 55 tonner, and carries more guns than a 100 tonner.

Just wait 4 months. Come back then. I love you.

Also:

http://www.twitch.tv/mwopro

Watch these guys. They are doing just fine with IS mechs. I was watching them last night on their launch of this stream and they were nice and answered questions. Hope it lasts.

Edited by Ngamok, 19 July 2014 - 11:09 AM.

#35 Sean von Steinike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:14 AM

~yawn~ The clans have some good mech...so does the IS. Everyone will have access to them all (apart from Hero/Champion) in time so quit whining. Clan mechs die the same as IS mechs.

#36 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:16 AM

Boy. If only someone had forseen this issue, months ago, and said something then.

No need to worry though. I'm sure that over the next 5 months it will just sorta quiet down. If there's one thing you can count on it's that when something really bothers people or feels unfair, they just quit complaining about it if you ignore them long enough.

Let's make this part clear though.

If you are not buying content from PGI, then your purpose (from a business perspective) is to provide content to those who are.

The Clans were such a great deal for PGI because they are just a tad OP - just enough to make those of us who paid $50-$250 for them feel like we got an advantage for our money while simultaneously letting us say 'no no, it's my SKILLZ. Clan mechs are not OP at all, it's perfectly balanced. Yes, yes I know even IS mechs are not perfectly balanced chassis to chassis but Clan mechs are. Totally. Every one of them and every weapon. Now shut up and get back in you QD and drop, I want to practice with my new 131pt alpha TW build'. That's the magic button in this sort of F2P/P4A (pay for advantage) environment. You can't go full Gold Ammo all the time - you need to do bundles of content that has some advantages, even if it's only exclusive access to new content for nearly half a year.

If you're not buying it then your purpose is to suit up, play and get killed by people who are. Why do you think the F2P model is profitable? Do you really think there's some incredible magic that makes AI just... not work for MW:O? No, the issue is that people feel more accomplished and more competitive playing other people than AI. You'll pay more money for an advantage, no matter how tiny, or a perk that makes you feel superior to another person than you will for beating an AI.

Besides. We paid money to PGI for these mechs and this stuff. Don't we DESERVE an ADVANTAGE?!?

#37 Axeface

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 655 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:23 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 19 July 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

Boy. If only someone had forseen this issue, months ago, and said something then.

No need to worry though. I'm sure that over the next 5 months it will just sorta quiet down. If there's one thing you can count on it's that when something really bothers people or feels unfair, they just quit complaining about it if you ignore them long enough.

Let's make this part clear though.

If you are not buying content from PGI, then your purpose (from a business perspective) is to provide content to those who are.

The Clans were such a great deal for PGI because they are just a tad OP - just enough to make those of us who paid $50-$250 for them feel like we got an advantage for our money while simultaneously letting us say 'no no, it's my SKILLZ. Clan mechs are not OP at all, it's perfectly balanced. Yes, yes I know even IS mechs are not perfectly balanced chassis to chassis but Clan mechs are. Totally. Every one of them and every weapon. Now shut up and get back in you QD and drop, I want to practice with my new 131pt alpha TW build'. That's the magic button in this sort of F2P/P4A (pay for advantage) environment. You can't go full Gold Ammo all the time - you need to do bundles of content that has some advantages, even if it's only exclusive access to new content for nearly half a year.

If you're not buying it then your purpose is to suit up, play and get killed by people who are. Why do you think the F2P model is profitable? Do you really think there's some incredible magic that makes AI just... not work for MW:O? No, the issue is that people feel more accomplished and more competitive playing other people than AI. You'll pay more money for an advantage, no matter how tiny, or a perk that makes you feel superior to another person than you will for beating an AI.

Besides. We paid money to PGI for these mechs and this stuff. Don't we DESERVE an ADVANTAGE?!?

Thanks for clearing it up, this post should be stickied.

tl:dr. Axeface is right, and this poster is immoral.

Edited by Axeface, 19 July 2014 - 11:23 AM.

#38 Dhatman

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 27 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:44 AM

. We paid money to PGI for these mechs and this stuff. Don't we DESERVE an ADVANTAGE?!?

The definition of P2W.

Wantet to give the game a try but if i see a guy with 2789 posts and write that the DESERVE an ADVANTAGE
over free players, i better dont waste time and money in this game ( and it is missing a eu server....)

Edited by Dhatman, 19 July 2014 - 11:55 AM.

#39 bluepiglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:54 AM

We paid money to PGI for these mechs and this stuff. Don't we DESERVE an ADVANTAGE?!?

End of all Clan vs IS discussions. Peace.

(Hope you don't get torn up by your clan brothers for leaking out the voice in their heads.)

Edited by bluepiglet, 19 July 2014 - 11:58 AM.

#40 Dirkdaring

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • 685 posts
  • LocationTwycross

Posted 19 July 2014 - 11:55 AM

View PostAxeface, on 19 July 2014 - 07:48 AM, said:

Its not supposed to equal a single IS mech. Thats the whole point of clans... they are supposed to be powerful.

My AC20 / AC10 / 4xML Jager will give one a heck of a hurt 1 on 1 tho.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users