Clan Invasion = Pay To Win?

301 replies to this topic

#41 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

I wish I could like Mischiefs post a hundred times, but unfortunately it only works once.

Imagin the rant and hatred of those who bought them if Clan mechs were absolutely equal in performance or even slightly worse than IS. They have to be superior by some margin, who pays matters - the rest doesnt as long as its a sufficiently large group to provide enought cannonfodder and keep the game alive for those paying ones that are not into competitive play and just want to stomp some mechs.

Either you buy or you get sold.

#42 Thorn Hallis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,902 posts
  • LocationUnited States of Paranoia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 12:55 PM

While we are at it - Dragonslayer is P2W too. :)

#43 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:21 PM

Make clan XL engine damage from torso destruction mean the loss of 20% engine speed/heat cooling...and call it a day.

#44 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:28 PM

View Postoccusoj, on 19 July 2014 - 12:46 PM, said:

I wish I could like Mischiefs post a hundred times, but unfortunately it only works once.

Imagin the rant and hatred of those who bought them if Clan mechs were absolutely equal in performance or even slightly worse than IS. They have to be superior by some margin, who pays matters - the rest doesnt as long as its a sufficiently large group to provide enought cannonfodder and keep the game alive for those paying ones that are not into competitive play and just want to stomp some mechs.

Either you buy or you get sold.

Too bad that did not go for my Founders and Phoenix pack, isn't it?

#45 Perilthecat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:32 PM

View PostLorgarn, on 19 July 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

So I am back after a long break being frustrated with the matchmaking.
So we have change to Pay to Win now? Please explain how this contrebutes to the ALREADY very bad machtmaking / balancing in this game.

Regards
Lorgarn

Forgive me if someone else has pointed this out, but I don't have the time to read the whole thread.

Maybe your "long break" from the game is, I dunno, contributing to your experience somehow?

And what about the MM is bad? My matches have vastly improved since the latest patches.

Maybe.... just maaaaaaybe your experience is linked more with your current level of ability than it is with anything else.

#46 bluepiglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:36 PM

View PostPerilthecat, on 19 July 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Forgive me if someone else has pointed this out, but I don't have the time to read the whole thread.

Maybe your "long break" from the game is, I dunno, contributing to your experience somehow?

And what about the MM is bad? My matches have vastly improved since the latest patches.

Maybe.... just maaaaaaybe your experience is linked more with your current level of ability than it is with anything else.

"Shut up, noob. I'm having fun with my Clan meches. And you are not doing well because you don't have the skill"

You did manage to put it quite politely.....

#47 Rager Beater

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:43 PM

View PostDhatman, on 19 July 2014 - 11:44 AM, said:

The definition of P2W.

Wantet to give the game a try but if i see a guy with 2789 posts and write that the DESERVE an ADVANTAGE
over free players, i better dont waste time and money in this game ( and it is missing a eu server....)

your a pure and simple definition of dumbass, you and all others who think like you.

MAKIN A ****** GAME IS NOT FREE IN THIS WORLD, YOU NEED MONEY, AND PEOPLE WHO WORK HARD FOR THEIR MONEY DECIDED TO SUPORT THIS. WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO YOU THINK WE LIVE IN? ******* WONDERLAND? IF YOUR TOO LAZY TO GET SOME MONEY TO GET A SLIGHT ADVANTAGE THEN GO BACK TO PLAYING WOT OR COD.

besides... PILOTS influence 90% OF YOUR SCORE, SERVER, PC AND INTERNET PERFORMANCE INFLUENCE LIKE 1 OR 2%, AND THE MECHS ITSELF INFLUENCE 9-8%.

SO EITHER GET A JOB OR STAY IN YOUR PARENTS BASEMENT AND GO PLAY COD

#48 Perilthecat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:44 PM

View Postbluepiglet, on 19 July 2014 - 01:36 PM, said:

"Shut up, noob. I'm having fun with my Clan meches. And you are not doing well because you don't have the skill"

You did manage to put it quite politely.....

I dunno, I think I said what I said and then you came along and tried to put words in my mouth. I am, as it were, from the lower rungs of the underhive.

Generally speaking, from my experience spanning closed beta until present, I have observed one thing to be true:

People who do well in the game post FAR FEWER whiny posts. The common denominator? People who do well in the game tend to be skilled at it.

ZOMG imagine that!

#49 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 19 July 2014 - 11:16 AM, said:

We paid money to PGI for these mechs and this stuff. Don't we DESERVE an ADVANTAGE?!?

You do. :) Your advantage is having sleeker clan mechs while everyone else has boxy ones.
Not that your hitbox will be any different, in fact people shooting the air can still hit you since you have an identical hitbox. But shhh, don't let the free to play players find out and you'll have an advantage...in your head.

#50 Rager Beater

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:48 PM

View PostPerilthecat, on 19 July 2014 - 01:44 PM, said:

I dunno, I think I said what I said and then you came along and tried to put words in my mouth. I am, as it were, from the lower rungs of the underhive.

Generally speaking, from my experience spanning closed beta until present, I have observed one thing to be true:

People who do well in the game post FAR FEWER whiny posts. The common denominator? People who do well in the game tend to be skilled at it.

ZOMG imagine that!

no if you have clan mechs your a pay 2 win noob who doesnt how how to play apparently...

wait... i got an idea... let them make a private match with you and see how you **** the kids who whine all the time. then post a video of it here, and the i will Lol :)

#51 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostRager Beater, on 19 July 2014 - 01:43 PM, said:

your a pure and simple definition of dumbass, you and all others who think like you.

MAKIN A ****** GAME IS NOT FREE IN THIS WORLD, YOU NEED MONEY, AND PEOPLE WHO WORK HARD FOR THEIR MONEY DECIDED TO SUPORT THIS. WHAT KIND OF WORLD DO YOU THINK WE LIVE IN? ******* WONDERLAND? IF YOUR TOO LAZY TO GET SOME MONEY TO GET A SLIGHT ADVANTAGE THEN GO BACK TO PLAYING WOT OR COD.

besides... PILOTS influence 90% OF YOUR SCORE, SERVER, PC AND INTERNET PERFORMANCE INFLUENCE LIKE 1 OR 2%, AND THE MECHS ITSELF INFLUENCE 9-8%.

SO EITHER GET A JOB OR STAY IN YOUR PARENTS BASEMENT AND GO PLAY COD

So going by your well thought out post, my Founders mechs, Phoenix mechs and every Hero mech that I own should provide me with an advantage, which currently they don't.
Or does this just go for the Clan packs?

#52 KuroNyra

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,990 posts
  • LocationIdiot's Crater.

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

Clan Invasion = Pay To Win?

Answer: No.

#53 Rager Beater

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostDuppie1974, on 19 July 2014 - 01:49 PM, said:

So going by your well thought out post, my Founders mechs, Phoenix mechs and every Hero mech that I own should provide me with an advantage, which currently they don't.
Or does this just go for the Clan packs?

everything that you pour mney into should bring an advantage. hero mechs have 30% c-bill bonus, same with founders and phoenix mechs i believe. clan mechs are just stronger wich is normal becaue they should be.

except for cockpit items, they bring a huge advantage, like watch a hula girl dance on your dash lol :)

#54 Rager Beater

• Pip
  • 15 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 01:57 PM

sure they are pay to win then, but they arent OP, stronger, but not OP

#55 bluepiglet

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 359 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

We should agree its somewhere between balanced and P2W. And the players from each side only see the different sights of the same thing....

#56 Perilthecat

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 180 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

View PostRager Beater, on 19 July 2014 - 01:48 PM, said:

no if you have clan mechs your a pay 2 win noob who doesnt how how to play apparently...

wait... i got an idea... let them make a private match with you and see how you **** the kids who whine all the time. then post a video of it here, and the i will Lol :)

Are you and I on the wrong sides of a language barrier, son? I don't really understand how your post pertains to mine.

I stated already that I am of lower skills myself. It is also apparent from my tags that I purchased Clan mechs.

Clan mechs are P2W? I paid, the thing is I'm still waiting on the "win" part. Maybe they're injecting pilot skill into my account at a later date?

;D

#57 occusoj

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 452 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:09 PM

Too bad that did not go for my Founders and Phoenix pack, isn't it?

So you didnt get any advantage for paying? Not even the CBill/LP Bonus? No Premium Time? No early access? Thats more like a donation then with some visual bling as reward.

PGI needs to get money, so they have to sell something. Im fine when they sell an advantage that isnt game breakingly huge so the crowd that plays for free doesnt get roflstomped all the time. Ideally they just keep their income up with selling bling but thats close to impossible.

btw. that Captain Capslock post above was hilarious.

#58 Ace Selin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,534 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:11 PM

Do Clan mechs offer an advantage, of course they do, especially on fast hit and runs, where they will easily demolish the less mobile IS mechs. Can you still do well in IS mechs, sure you can, could you do better in a Clan mech - quite likely.

#59 Dead Funny

• PipPip
  • 21 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

pay to win, Yes ( on about 4 of the Clan Mech's).

I have some Clan Mech's and I can kill any IS Mech in less that 15'secs. Most take about 5 secs. It is funny for me, but did cost me. Even 2 v 1 is easy. I have only had this setup for 1 full day and I have already had a 6 kill match. and have only been playing for a week this year. If you get a setup that fits with your play stile (a lot easier on Clan, because of all the weapons hard point options/swap) its fun.

If you see me, your already dead. Boom. :)

PS. I think all IS Mech's need a 30% armor buff. i.e IS= more of a Tank, and CLAN = more DPS.

Edited by Dead Funny, 19 July 2014 - 02:23 PM.

#60 PlzDie

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 456 posts

Posted 19 July 2014 - 02:26 PM

View Postoccusoj, on 19 July 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

So you didnt get any advantage for paying? Not even the CBill/LP Bonus? No Premium Time? No early access? Thats more like a donation then with some visual bling as reward.

PGI needs to get money, so they have to sell something. Im fine when they sell an advantage that isnt game breakingly huge so the crowd that plays for free doesnt get roflstomped all the time. Ideally they just keep their income up with selling bling but thats close to impossible.

btw. that Captain Capslock post above was hilarious.

On Founders no early access, on Phoenix I am still waiting for the LP boost. Got the premuim and c-bill boost same as with the clan collections, I am right that the prime clan variants also got the 30% c-bill boost, or am I missing something?
I bought Founders in June 2012 I think, all the variants I got had a similar c-bill variant already in the game back then, no advantage there. Only early access pack that I bought was the Phoenix pack.
Just so we are on the same page nowhere have I ever said that clan mechs are OP, the Timberwolf in my opinion is scratching at the door a bit, but I normally don't have a problem stomping them in the ground with my IS mechs.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users