#161 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:08 AM

View PostENS Puskin, on 22 July 2014 - 11:40 PM, said:

This new modules system [redacted] but some of you think that is a great idea! [redacted] Why do you force us to use modules that some of us do not want to use? Keep the free choice otherwise i guarantee you that you will lose another member from the community!!! It is your turn!!!

Forced to use modules you don't want to use? While I have my issued with this new implementation, your post makes no sense. Nobody is forcing you to use any particular modules. In fact, in most cases this change will give you more module slots available and thus increase options. Honestly, that's the biggest problem I see with it: you no longer have to choose between mech modules and consumables.

View PostENS Puskin, on 23 July 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

What is your argument to Mechs with only 1 weapon system? Huh?
Do you even think about what you're posting, before you post it? I assume you're talking about two weapon module slots? Just use one... Or none! You'll still have your mech module and mastery module slots available, as well as consumable slots, leaving you with effectively 4 or more slots.

Or... Mount AMS, get an AMS weapon mod? Then you're helping your whole team, AND using all your slots.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 23 July 2014 - 03:00 PM.
Language in quote

#162 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:27 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 July 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Every single player will now carry X weapon mods and practically everybody will spam consumables, because there's nothing else to equip.

Hope you like red smoke.

But they already do... The game just continue to stay... bad.

There should be PENALTIES to using consumables. Not... "Hey guys, now you can use consumables without having to give up your other modules!"
Ohhhhhh man... Is there a polite way to express my anger on this?

This is all nothing but... (read between the lines)

Posted Image

Edited by Mister Blastman, 23 July 2014 - 08:31 AM.

#163 HUNTERS MOON

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 117 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:37 AM

Its like this....https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WpE_xMRiCLE

#164 Mad Porthos

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 482 posts
  • LocationChicago, Illinois

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:35 PM

You know, getting angry over consumables is pointless, unless yu simply are looking to be angry. There s nothing realistically preventing any properly trained, ranked military individual with proper permissions from calling dozens, even hundreds of air or artillry strikes in on a position. There is nothing expended from the mech and the current system of modulat purchase of a strike is just a way of making the individual mechwarrior fiscally responsible for the use and possible pointless waste of c-bills.

Functionally, those who use artillery and air make no sacrifices. They are likely piloting mechs with 3 or more slots already in the current system, and two of them always were those strikes. Its not like it was a hard choice, using other modules just was not done, unless you already had all the consumables you wanted. I'm thinking the devs would like to see more of the regular modules actually being used, and since the weapon modules have so little actual efffect, it would really be a shame to be forced to choose weapon modules OVER mech modules, yet they want to encourage their use too. Hence each mech having individual weapon slots, seperate from consumable and "mech" modules.

Ideally, if they really do wish to move towards role warfare giving use to certain mechs, they could make more module slot categories such as sensors, targrting, support. Each mech given more of say sensors, but less perhaps of weapon modules or consumable slots would find itself with a greater potential for the particular roles its modules suit it to. Sensor mechs could then be effective eyes for a team, and their destruction could limit the team palpably as the enhanced SHARED information was lost with such a mech. To some degree we see this already when we lose our own teams ECM/Counter mechs, or people fail to bring much Beagle Active Probes.

#165 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:46 PM

View PostMad Porthos, on 23 July 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

Ideally, if they really do wish to move towards role warfare giving use to certain mechs, they could make more module slot categories such as sensors, targrting, support. Each mech given more of say sensors, but less perhaps of weapon modules or consumable slots would find itself with a greater potential for the particular roles its modules suit it to. Sensor mechs could then be effective eyes for a team, and their destruction could limit the team palpably as the enhanced SHARED information was lost with such a mech. To some degree we see this already when we lose our own teams ECM/Counter mechs, or people fail to bring much Beagle Active Probes.

exactly

#166 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:58 PM

View PostCimarb, on 23 July 2014 - 07:52 AM, said:

No one is "forcing" you to do anything. I think your turn could have been spent a bit more wisely, so feel free to try again.

Oh realy? Current system allows me to choose which module i want to take for a specific Mech or role but the new upcoming module system force me to use 2 weapon modules which totally s.u.c.k.s and i am not going to use them so 2 module slots will be free and unused. I can not accept this crap and i will never accept it untill they make it with free choice like it is now!!! More module slots is good idea but restriction and limitations are absolutly horrible idea!!!

#167 Sneakypoop

• PipPip
  • 35 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

As an online experience, one will always have to expect changes to content in the game. We appreciate these might not be the changes you personally want, but they are the ones expected or desired by the majority of players and will open the door for further improvements. In such circumstances: We have not simply a right, but an obligation to the game to make those changes..

I do not care about refunds of angry players.
At all.
Though this answer is scary.

Basically you just stated : we made changes that the majority of players expected.

Reminds me of the wanna-be-manager whom, during an interview, being told of a few misspells in his resume, blame his wife for not correcting them.
- "Ma'am, I swear : did ask my wife to correct those !"....
Sure the responsible type ! Surprisingly he did not get the job.

Stand for your choices, stop blaming others.
Either you step up and defend your cause and take full responsibility, or shut up and don't answer, whatever suits you. But for sure, please : don't make users responsible for your own choices.

Besides, "Majority" my ass ! How would you know ?
Doing polls ? Is that's how you design the game ?
Is Online Game development a "let's vote on spec" kind of industry now ?

#168 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 02:17 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 23 July 2014 - 08:08 AM, said:

Forced to use modules you don't want to use? While I have my issued with this new implementation, your post makes no sense. Nobody is forcing you to use any particular modules. In fact, in most cases this change will give you more module slots available and thus increase options. Honestly, that's the biggest problem I see with it: you no longer have to choose between mech modules and consumables.

Do you even think about what you're posting, before you post it? I assume you're talking about two weapon module slots? Just use one... Or none! You'll still have your mech module and mastery module slots available, as well as consumable slots, leaving you with effectively 4 or more slots.

Or... Mount AMS, get an AMS weapon mod? Then you're helping your whole team, AND using all your slots.

Agree more module slots is good thing but i hate restrictions! These restrictions will limit some Mechs and roles. For example my CPLT A1 realy does not need 2 weapon modules and i will not going to use any because these modules s.u.c.k.s.! So i see only 2 solutions: Making the weapon modules really efective, something like more effective range(not just rediculous 6 metres) without extra heat...or another solution is to let players decide which module they want to take.

#169 Marvyn Dodgers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,859 posts
  • LocationCanuck transplanted in the US

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

View PostCrifuan, on 23 July 2014 - 03:57 AM, said:

A good decision to change the master-slot into a hybrid weapon- and mech-sot. thanks.

Sorry, couldn't resist this one . . . mech-sot - you have a problem with my drunken mechwarrior technique? (though that might explain my k/d :D )

#170 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

View PostENS Puskin, on 23 July 2014 - 02:17 PM, said:

Agree more module slots is good thing but i hate restrictions! These restrictions will limit some Mechs and roles. For example my CPLT A1 realy does not need 2 weapon modules and i will not going to use any because these modules s.u.c.k.s.! So i see only 2 solutions: Making the weapon modules really efective, something like more effective range(not just rediculous 6 metres) without extra heat...or another solution is to let players decide which module they want to take.

Well, keep in mind the design for the system is to have a variety of different types of modules per weapon type.

Players CAN decide which modules they take. You can still use the same modules you're using right now, after all, but now you have more options.

Say before, you used Artillery and Advanced Target Decay. Now, you can add Cool Shot alongside your artillery, and Advanced Sensors as well. You have _more_ options, even if you don't want to use weapon mods (which admittedly are terrible currently)

#171 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:30 PM

Auto fill consumable feature
Limit on air/arty strikes, 1 of either or only
more weapon mods. (thousands of suggestions on here already)
tweak the current weapon mods to equal the draw back compared to minor gain
And or lower C-bill & GXP cost of current mech and weapon mods.
Mod tracking system that shows what mods are on what mech
want role based mechs that you have preached about since creation of game, make role based mod slots and mods.
Thank you

#172 Kanin Zeta

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Time to throw a curveball across the plate. Instead of a Weapons module, I think it would be more canon (pun gun locked and loaded) to allow an assignable weapons SLOT for achieving Mastery of a mech.

Example: I've finally levelled my Wolverine laser boat all the way up thru untold hours of grindage and toil. I'd love to be able to tell my Maintenance Chief "Hey, how about moving one of those ER-PPC's over to the OTHER arm, Sarge?"

#173 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:34 PM

View PostKanin Zeta, on 23 July 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

Time to throw a curveball across the plate. Instead of a Weapons module, I think it would be more canon (pun gun locked and loaded) to allow an assignable weapons SLOT for achieving Mastery of a mech.

Example: I've finally levelled my Wolverine laser boat all the way up thru untold hours of grindage and toil. I'd love to be able to tell my Maintenance Chief "Hey, how about moving one of those ER-PPC's over to the OTHER arm, Sarge?"

that would defeat the purpose of clans and their omni pods. that's exactly how clans work

#174 Kanin Zeta

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 36 posts
  • LocationNear Seattle

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostSandpit, on 23 July 2014 - 03:34 PM, said:

that would defeat the purpose of clans and their omni pods. that's exactly how clans work

It would also be in line with how the Hero mechs came into being...people mastered their machines and then, doing what soldiers have been doing since the Mk 1 rock was issued....they began to come up with ways to modify and improve them.

It was done in the novels on Solaris for Kai's father....remember Yen-Lo-Wang? Other "master jocks" modified their mechs, Phelan Ward's Grinner? Victor Davion's modified Victor?

Edited by Kanin Zeta, 23 July 2014 - 03:53 PM.

#175 SVK Puskin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 822 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:49 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 23 July 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

Well, keep in mind the design for the system is to have a variety of different types of modules per weapon type.

Players CAN decide which modules they take. You can still use the same modules you're using right now, after all, but now you have more options.

Say before, you used Artillery and Advanced Target Decay. Now, you can add Cool Shot alongside your artillery, and Advanced Sensors as well. You have _more_ options, even if you don't want to use weapon mods (which admittedly are terrible currently)

As i said more module slots are appreciated but restrictions are not. I hope they change the 2+2+1+1 idea! But i guess that the mentioned majority( i really would like to see official poll about this new module system) will have what they asking for and i will be disapointed and maybe i take another brake untill this will be fixed according to my taste. Custmomization is big part of this game and restrictions only destroying it!

#176 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 23 July 2014 - 03:56 PM

View PostKanin Zeta, on 23 July 2014 - 03:37 PM, said:

It would also be in line with how the Hero mechs came into being...people mastered their machines and then, doing what soldiers have been doing since the Mk 1 rock was issued....they began to come up with ways to modify and improve them.

It was done in the novels on Solaris....remember Yen-Lo-Wang? Grinner? Victor Davion's modified Victor?

"common" it was not. How many hero mechs out of the thousands deployed in the novels?

I had a similar idea but with a slightly different flavor. Let players "create" their own hero mech. SO for an MC cost, they could "heroize" their mech. We all have certain mechs and loadouts that we consider "ours". That's why it's common to hear players talking about their "go to" mechs. For an MC cost a player could "heroize" one of their mechs, giving it a slightly smaller cbill boost than heroes. They can only choose this option for a single mech variant and it's a one-time purchase. No resetting, no changing, no "buyer's remorse so now I'll complain".

This would allow players to offer their own canon to the universe. Gives them a little more emotional investment in a mech and the game overall. My Stalker 5M is probably loaded out differently from your stalker 5m and such.

We are warriors in the universe after all. Why should we be relegated to "non-hero" status? We are characters in the universe, this is mechWARRIOR, so let us be the warriors of the inner sphere and clans.

#177 kazlaton

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 170 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 23 July 2014 - 04:08 PM

View PostWintersdark, on 23 July 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

This is false.

If you are currently running three mech modules, you CANNOT just use the same. They are TAKING AWAY that option. And that is half the problem. The other is that by gaining two more consumable slots, you no longer need to sacrifice something else that is useful to take two strikes. I don't think anyone believes that matches with up to 48 strikes going off will in any way improve the game.

#178 Mister Blastman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 8,444 posts
  • LocationIn my Mech (Atlanta, GA)

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:25 PM

View PostMad Porthos, on 23 July 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

You know, getting angry over consumables is pointless, unless yu simply are looking to be angry. There s nothing realistically preventing any properly trained, ranked military individual with proper permissions from calling dozens, even hundreds of air or artillry strikes in on a position. There is nothing expended from the mech and the current system of modulat purchase of a strike is just a way of making the individual mechwarrior fiscally responsible for the use and possible pointless waste of c-bills.

Nah. Some of us would prefer the game to reward skill, not spam.

#179 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 23 July 2014 - 05:50 PM

View Postkazlaton, on 23 July 2014 - 04:08 PM, said:

This is false.

If you are currently running three mech modules, you CANNOT just use the same. They are TAKING AWAY that option. And that is half the problem. The other is that by gaining two more consumable slots, you no longer need to sacrifice something else that is useful to take two strikes. I don't think anyone believes that matches with up to 48 strikes going off will in any way improve the game.
I realize this, and said it all earlier. I already covered the problems with the new system.

I'm not a huge fan, personally.

However... The fact remains that you have _more_ options now than you did previously. You may (MAY) lose some possibilities if they are actually all capped at 2 mech modules, but you'll have more overall options. Most mechs now can run three modules, mastered. Consumables are the strongest options overall, though there are some good normal modules. There are *very* few good weapon modules, but there are some.

Currently, you have 3 slots (typically) you can put anything in. With this system, you'll have 6 (always assuming mastery), 2 of each. Or is it 5, with 1 each mech/weapon and the mastery floater? Whatever. Either way, you have more options than you did previously.

#180 Vermaxx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 3,012 posts
  • LocationBuenos Aires

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:15 PM

Omni slot good.

Two consumable slots, potentially bad. BUT, I don't think people WILL run two always just because they can. I didn't want consumables in the first place, but my opinion has always been - MAKE THEM WORTH SPENDING MC ON. Making the 'good versions' cb was a good choice to avoid the cries of p2w, but they are hardly worth using at all and not worth MC. I take cool shots on some of my mechs but I almost always forget to use them. I don't see a lot of 'strikes' and even fewer UAVs. This system is not a revenue stream and probably isn't even validating the work you put in.

Two weapon slots? Utterly useless.

I unlocked AMS upgrade with GXP before I realized all those cool system modifications were 'modules' that cost 1-6 million each. The entire weapon module system is worthless. It would still be worthless with 5 tiers AND modules working for ALL RELATED WEAPONS (eg the laser module does s/m/l, pulse does all pulse, etc).

I unlocked AMS, so you got my GXP there. I'm not buying the module, not even for my two AMS mechs. It isn't worth six million cbills, I can buy another mech for that. Grinding another mech efficiency is far more motivating than grinding for terrible/overpriced modules.

You guys keep putting all this work into features and man, you could save yourself months of headache if you'd just pitch them to us first. Most of the things you keep adding or tweaking are not going to help anything. The weapon module system was a huge waste of time if you aren't going to make them WORTH USING when compared to the costs to buy in.

You also need to institute some way to customize YOUR CHARACTER, like an MMO talent tree of sorts. Unlock things like 'all mechs go faster' or 'all guns shoot cooler' or 'all guns shoot harder but hotter.' Let players pick some across the board stuff. Put it into three trees if you want - scout, support, assault.

EDIT: The AMS Overload module is now 4 million. I feel like that was a change. It is still 3 million too expensive for me to consider using.

Edited by Vermaxx, 23 July 2014 - 08:17 PM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users