#21 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 July 2014 - 02:01 PM, said:

Every single player will now carry X weapon mods and practically everybody will spam consumables, because there's nothing else to equip.

Hope you like red smoke.

People have already been doing that? do you run 12 mans?. That has already been a part of the game. They need to limit consumables.

#22 Xeno Phalcon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

View PostSephlock, on 21 July 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Prediction: no one ever uses 2 weapon modules.

Two is actually pretty reasonable, given that AMS modules are considered weapon modules.

#23 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:05 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 21 July 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

People have already been doing that? do you run 12 mans?. That has already been a part of the game. They need to limit consumables.

Right now, though, people spamming arty/air have to at least sacrifice passive modules like Seismic Wallhack or Radar Derp in order to use consumables in their slots. Soon, however, there will be special slots that only consumables can fill up.

#24 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:06 PM

Thank you for making this change. Now can you please consider sexing up the weapon modules to make them fun and actually modify how the weapon functions? Here are a few examples:

http://mwomercs.com/...94#entry3552894

#25 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:08 PM

View PostFupDup, on 21 July 2014 - 02:05 PM, said:

Right now, though, people spamming arty/air have to at least sacrifice passive modules like Seismic Wallhack or Radar Derp in order to use consumables in their slots. Soon, however, there will be special slots that only consumables can fill up.

not much of a sacrifice. Mech modules do not Impact the game as much as consumables. Either way we would have consumables. I doubt players have to have sacrificed much of anything.

#26 FupDup

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 26,888 posts
  • LocationThe Keeper of Memes

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:10 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 21 July 2014 - 02:08 PM, said:

not much of a sacrifice. Mech modules do not Impact the game as much as consumables. Either way we would have consumables. I doubt players have to have sacrificed much of anything.

Well, the upcoming changes will certainly "add more fuel to the fire" so to say, because there will no longer be competition between passive versus consumable mods. Yes, the arty/air were generally better anyways, but there are a number of passive mods like Seismic Wallhack and Radar Derp that are pretty viable and effective for filling up your module slots.

The trend is going to be more drastic because the "tradeoff" of competition between passive/consumable modules will be removed.

#27 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:12 PM

View PostFupDup, on 21 July 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

Well, the upcoming changes will certainly "add more fuel to the fire" so to say, because there will no longer be competition between passive versus consumable mods. Yes, the arty/air were generally better anyways, but there are a number of passive mods like Seismic Wallhack and Radar Derp that are pretty viable and effective for filling up your module slots.

The trend is going to be more drastic because the "tradeoff" of competition between passive/consumable modules will be removed.

That is a good point.

#28 GreyGriffin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 792 posts
  • LocationQuatre Belle (originally from Lum)

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:19 PM

I remain disappointed that consumable slots are in. By being sensors, extra weapons, and heat sink buffs, they fill all the module roles but the only barrier to entry is paying for them. This is strictly pay to win.

Consumables should compete with other modules for slots. We should have more modules, more categories, and more slots in genereral, and Consumables should have to fight for their place in your loadout rather than occupying space above and beyond the rest of your build.

#29 Kanajashi

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 317 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationBritish Columbia, Canada

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostFupDup, on 21 July 2014 - 02:10 PM, said:

I would agree here, I was really hoping that the new module system would actually force us to make a tactical choice between modules. Unless there are some really cool/powerful weapon modules the slot gained through mastery will always be used for a mech module. Also by separating consumables out into their own slots, there is just going to be the continuation of the arty/airstrike spam.

I would rather see a system where the spread of modules was 1 consumeable/1 mech/1 weapon + 1 omni (omni is ANY type). You can either take Radar Dep and Seismic and have that passive benefit, but you loose the option of a second strike/coolshot/UAV or conversely If you want that second strike you have to loose either seismic or radar dep. That would be an interesting tactical choice to make.

Edited by Kanajashi, 21 July 2014 - 02:25 PM.

#30 Legion778

Rookie

• The Bold
  • The Bold
  • 6 posts
  • LocationPuyallup, WA

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:27 PM

Good new! Until the weapon modules are given a liitle love id like to stick too mech modules. My kit foxes would probably prefer more mech modules so they can kick even more ass ;)

#31 Sephlock

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostXeno Phalcon, on 21 July 2014 - 02:04 PM, said:

Two is actually pretty reasonable, given that AMS modules are considered weapon modules.

OTOH the poor poor Clan mechs ;(.

#32 Vassago Rain

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:30 PM

Posted Image

That's Bryan's mock-up from the bronze age. Can we put multiple red smokes in each slot like in the picture? Everything else seems to be pretty similar to the proposed module system.

#33 Gryphorim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 382 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:31 PM

Personally I think the modules should be equipable based on the equipment carried.
For example:
- A mech comes stock with one weapon module and modules that can be fitted to it are generic weapon mods like AMS, plus weapons of a given type (energy/ballistic/missile) based on what that mech's "primary" weapon type is. Mastering a mech allows the second weapon module, and unlocks remaining weapon types for fitment.
- This mech also only has 1 mech module slot, and a limited number of generic modules to pick from. Equipping BAP, CC, or ECM provides more slots, and unlock relevant mech modules. (As an extension of this, i'd like to see basic zoom and vision modes being modules that come fitted to every mech, but can be sacrificed for extra slots)
- Finally, this mech has 1 consumable slot and cannot use arty/airstrike, but by fitting TAG, a mech unlocks arty/airstrike and gains 1 slot to fit it in. Fitting CC unlocks 3 slots. (I'd advocate heavy strikes that take up multiple slots, but require CC to equip)

PS - I'd also like to use this opportunity to request the removal of Coolshot from the game. It should have been the coolant tank, taking up 1 ton and 1 crit, and not even available in the time period represented...

Edited by Gryphorim, 21 July 2014 - 02:33 PM.

#34 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,160 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:38 PM

View PostVassago Rain, on 21 July 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

Posted Image

That's Bryan's mock-up from the bronze age. Can we put multiple red smokes in each slot like in the picture? Everything else seems to be pretty similar to the proposed module system.

Six strikes per mech?

And here the game dies.

Let's hope it's not that.

#35 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

Well this is at least slightly better than it was, the nerf is only a touch milder.

You would get less resistance and negativity if

1) Weapon Modules weren't totally awful, providing only the most meager of buffs that actually incur more heat when using them.
2) You outlined how you were going to revamp all weapon modules so they will no longer awful.

Even if you continue the current progression, add Weapon Mod tiers 3 to 5 I will still never use any of them because the design is awful.

How are they awful?

> They are too expensive in both Cbills & GXP
> The bonuses are pointless, no one cares about adding 2m range to a weapon.
> They actually add a drawback in the form of more heat, in a game where heat is already an ever present bottle neck.
> All of the modules are too specific, we don't need modules for SRM 2s, and SRM 4s, and SRM 6s. Combine this with Cbill/GXP cost for mind boggling level of investment for the worst possible returns. One for small lasers, one for medium lasers, one for large lasers - are you serious with this?

I try not to be too brutal with reviews of things, but the current system/numbers deserves it.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 21 July 2014 - 02:44 PM.

#36 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:40 PM

View PostGreyGriffin, on 21 July 2014 - 02:19 PM, said:

I remain disappointed that consumable slots are in. By being sensors, extra weapons, and heat sink buffs, they fill all the module roles but the only barrier to entry is paying for them. This is strictly pay to win.

Well, considering cbill modules are free, and you can even upgrade them to the same effect of the MC ones...

#37 Xeno Phalcon

• Bad Company
  • 2,461 posts
  • LocationEvening Ladies

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:41 PM

View PostSephlock, on 21 July 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

OTOH the poor poor Clan mechs ;(.

Eyep clan LRMs will mostly be used to devour AMS ammo so IS lrm boats can do their job :)

#38 Jetfire

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,746 posts
  • LocationMinneapolis, MN

Posted 21 July 2014 - 02:54 PM

I am really glad to see the easy and elegant fix was used.

#39 Wintersdark

• 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:08 PM

Definitely happy to see the bonus mastery slot is/will be a hybrid slot.

Seriously, though, when the weapon modules where added, it was under the premise they'd go to Level 5, and that there would be more than just +range/+heat modules.

Where are the other types of modules, and higher ranks?

#40 Sephlock

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 10,819 posts

Posted 21 July 2014 - 03:09 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 21 July 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

While we are more than happy to help out players with refunds in cases of billing errors or incorrect purchases, we also have a responsibility to protect ourselves from those who might seek to personally profit off of our efforts to improve the game.

As an online experience, one will always have to expect changes to content in the game. We appreciate these might not be the changes you personally want, but they are the ones expected or desired by the majority of players and will open the door for further improvements. In such circumstances: We have not simply a right, but an obligation to the game to make those changes. Additionally, it is worth noting that you haven't purchased any modules for MC and we do not typically offer refunds on any items acquired for free through game-play.

As a veteran of the Star Wars Galaxies NGE, I totally get this :).

Hell, I practically massacred myself solo running on Dathomir to get one of those Jedi Holocrons in the hopes that it was the way to become a Jedi (it wasn't) and then immediately afterwards everyone got one for free for Christmas.

:D.

10 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 10 guests, 0 anonymous users