Changes To The Module Slot System

314 replies to this topic

#241 damonwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 12:56 PM

View PostCimarb, on 29 July 2014 - 12:36 PM, said:

You want a refund of the in-game "money" you spent a few days ago when it was announced weeks ago that the system would be changing?...

I am all for a complete reset of modules/skills, and honestly think the whole system should be overhauled on top of that, but your request is a little hollow due to the timing of your purchase.

I don't live on the forums like many of you guys do, so no, I did not see these announcements you speak of. And I'm not the only player [redacted] out of tens of millions of CBills and tens of thousands of GXP. Many are and many feel pretty pissed-off at the changes that were made. Crappy changes hat most of the posts I read don't like. Many people seem to agree that some changes needed to be made, but don't care for the ones made.
YOU stated that you think the whole system should be overhauled. great, wonderful, butt they should have reset the entire system and refunded all CBills/GXP so people can refit their Mechs and won't have to spend tens of millions of CBills and tens of thousands of GXP EXTRA refitting their Mechs.
I, and I'm sure many others, don't have that mush CBills/GXP to accomplish this enormous task. I don't, especially after I spent 12 million CBills and 15 million GXP this past weekend.
PGI took the lazy/cheap way out of implementing this sandwich, and didn't make it go down easier by not resetting the system. They should have, and still could do he right thing.

I remember people being pissed off when they made changes and saw an increase in LRM use. with the addition of consumable slots, most People will use Arty and Air Strikes. With the increase in their use, expect a flood of pissed off people crying nerf to those strikes. Too mush Arty/Air will make the game crap IMO (SWO...Strike Warrior Online). Just like PGI though, creating a new ways to piss people off by making changes to existing systems.

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 29 July 2014 - 03:38 PM.
Language

#242 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

Wow...

#243 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:18 PM

I am not disputing any of that. Refunding in-game "money", though, when it is "purchased" a couple days before a system change, is unlikely to happen. If you had paid MC, that would be different, but you did not.

Irregardless, it is not the end of the world, so no need for the irate attitude. Check patch notes and hot topics before "spending money", if it is that big of a deal. Otherwise, take it as a lesson learned and sell them back - at least you get half of your fake money back...

#244 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:31 PM

View PostCimarb, on 29 July 2014 - 01:18 PM, said:

I am not disputing any of that. Refunding in-game "money", though, when it is "purchased" a couple days before a system change, is unlikely to happen. If you had paid MC, that would be different, but you did not.

Irregardless, it is not the end of the world, so no need for the irate attitude. Check patch notes and hot topics before "spending money", if it is that big of a deal. Otherwise, take it as a lesson learned and sell them back - at least you get half of your fake money back...

How about those of us that bought them months ago?

#245 Rizzelbizzeg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 744 posts
  • LocationRizzelbuzzing about

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:39 PM

View PostBilbo, on 29 July 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

Players that bought them months ago got to use them. No refunds on used items, only on items still in the original packaging ;)

Edited by Rizzelbizzeg, 29 July 2014 - 01:41 PM.

#246 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:42 PM

View PostBilbo, on 29 July 2014 - 01:31 PM, said:

You've been able to take advantage of them for months then. And things may change in the future, where having them will be a good deal.

#247 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostHeffay, on 29 July 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

You've been able to take advantage of them for months then. And things may change in the future, where having them will be a good deal.

Yes, was very happy to see a nice boost to Awesome cooling ability. Makes me glad I kept them instead of selling them for scrap.

#248 damonwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 01:56 PM

That's not exactly fair. Their changes have made many modules non usable because those modules fall down the list of needed modules due to play style. mission, etc. making those modules worthless because they will never be used. On he other hand people will be forced to expend lots of CBills and GXP on new modules. Just because they used them for a couple months does not mean they aren't being screwed by these changes.
If we have to use the current system the way it is, then they owe their customers a complete reset. that way there are fewer angry people, and the extreme cost of changes (especially with those that own a lot of Mechs) are mitigated. They knew this would upset/screw many customers...what kind of people would be satisfied with upsetting customers (besides Cable companies)?

Edited by damonwolf, 29 July 2014 - 01:57 PM.

#249 Roster

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:04 PM

I find the new Module system to be terrible
and before I get the "'wait and see it may change'" response, that I what was said when they switched UI display
I to spent time (and c-bills an X-P) to get the modules
Now I can only have one? What a load o crap
and what do I get 2weapons modules that I don't want -that even did I he to waste time again to get (and c-bills an X-P)
And the consumables? I am usually one to defend PGI but this is such a blatant cash garb. I am referring to the auto refill feature of course.

How about letting players choose what Modules they want
I would like 3 mech modules and dump the rest

#250 Roster

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:07 PM

And when has it ever happened that they went back on the changes?
You comment is a total farce

#251 damonwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:20 PM

IMO, the solutions to the problems, and anger/frustration they created with this patch is thus:

1) Complete reset of the module system with refund of all GXP and CBills for modules.
2) Give all Mechs 2 module slots to start, with the 3rd unlocked though the trees. Hero Mechs can have 4 module slots.
3) Don't limit the module slots to a specific type, let the pilots decide what modules they want to equip.
4) Make the weapon modules actually add something to the weapon. Right now they are complete crap, and add little other than heat (which IMO is punishing a pilot for equipping a weapon module).
5) Don't discriminate against weapons, have Weapon module slots for ALL weapons, not just a few select ones. Example: no LRM module).

I don't know why the Devs had to complicate the module system so much. Instead of making a changes that could benefit everyone, and make most players happy, they've overcomplicated the system, really upset many players, and implemented changes that will make matters worse than they were before (examples: losing a cherished Mech module and the coming STIKEAPOCALYPSE/CONSUMAPOCALYPSE/artygeddon). This just feels like they are trying to force people to use weapon modules, and justify the man-hours spent developing something no one really finds worth a crap.

Edited by damonwolf, 29 July 2014 - 02:38 PM.

#252 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

I have 68 mil. worth of modules (at resale value not original purchase price) right now that I have no use for whatsoever. I highly doubt they can be altered to a point where I would find them useful on anything at this point. They invalidated the builds on 20 of my mechs.

#253 damonwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 02:25 PM

View PostRoster, on 29 July 2014 - 02:07 PM, said:

And when has it ever happened that they went back on the changes?
You comment is a total farce

Almost every time they made changes to the Matchmaker and the LRM changes months ago...to name but two.

#254 Colonel Cody

• PipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 34 posts
  • LocationBoston; MA

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:03 PM

You all realise that each of you demanding your c-bills back for modules you will now not use in the future is DEMAND IMAGINARY SPACE BUCKS! You're asking for them to go to extreme lengths to REFUND FAKE IMAGINERY VIRTUAL SPACE BUCKS! Grow up. It's a game. they added a new flavor, spend a bit of time and overcome the new challenges. And if you now have 20 builds invalidated by the changes to the module system? they were crappy builds. Depending on those module slots to make or break a build is just stupid and foolish.

#255 Bilbo

• The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostColonel Cody, on 29 July 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

You all realise that each of you demanding your c-bills back for modules you will now not use in the future is DEMAND IMAGINARY SPACE BUCKS! You're asking for them to go to extreme lengths to REFUND FAKE IMAGINERY VIRTUAL SPACE BUCKS! Grow up. It's a game. they added a new flavor, spend a bit of time and overcome the new challenges. And if you now have 20 builds invalidated by the changes to the module system? they were crappy builds. Depending on those module slots to make or break a build is just stupid and foolish.

The builds weren't made worthless because of the changes. They were invalid, as in could not drop into a match with them if I wanted to. The modules that had to removed were made worthless though because there is no longer any use for them.

#256 damonwolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 143 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:10 PM

View PostColonel Cody, on 29 July 2014 - 03:03 PM, said:

All I read from your post was BAH BLAH BLAH I don't agree with you guys so your arguments and emotions don't matter...only mine do BLAH BLAH BLAH

You're right, It's just a game, but a game people have invested A LOT of time, energy, money and emotion in. Badly implemented changes that screw people matter and affect them profoundly.

Edited by damonwolf, 29 July 2014 - 03:12 PM.

#257 Majz de Bruyn

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:16 PM

So, I have a Cataphract that used to have advanced zoom, and now I don't remember what else. I have not looked any further, all I know is that now I have to BUY another advanced zoom that I used to own [redacted]????

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 29 July 2014 - 03:40 PM.
Language

#258 Triordinant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:19 PM

View PostMAJZ, on 29 July 2014 - 03:16 PM, said:

So, I have a Cataphract that used to have advanced zoom, and now I don't remember what else. I have not looked any further, all I know is that now I have to BUY another advanced zoom that I used to own WTF????

You'll have to do that ridiculous save and reload your loadout process described in the beginning of the Patch Notes before your missing modules magically reappear.

#259 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:31 PM

Thanks for only listening to one of our cry's for help! (auto fill) Please lock arty air stike to 1 per mech. I feel this is going to suck worse then LRM buff patch's.

#260 Majz de Bruyn

• Pip
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • Mercenary Rank 3
  • 14 posts

Posted 29 July 2014 - 03:32 PM

Read the patch notes. Did not see that.

9 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 9 guests, 0 anonymous users