Cataphract 2X Bug. Please update dynamic weapon models!

40 replies to this topic

#1 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 06:46 AM

Ok really..

the reply to my last topic was ridiculous....

Smurfys says the CTF4X has 4x2SRM tubes.... yet the MODEL itself only shows 4 TUBES ON THE LEFT ARM.

ADD TO THIS AS I SAID WITH 2X6SRM IT FIRES 3x VOLLEY OF 4... BUT WITH 2X4SRM IT FIRES A SINGLE VOLLEY (WHICH IS 8 FOR THE MATH IMPAIRED).

why is it when I report a bug I get a remark telling me to check out smurfy and find my topic locked...... Is this considered acceptable around here?

My fault for reporting a HUGE flaw in the design here.....

#2 Bront

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:03 AM

1) I think you mean the 2X. the 4X is the all balistic one.

2) The Cataphrat hasn't gotten the full customization pass yet (I think), so weapons don't change to match what's actually mounted

3) Accusing and insulting the support staff isn't a great way to get your issue addressed.

#3 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:09 AM

View PostBront, on 23 July 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

1) I think you mean the 2X. the 4X is the all balistic one.

2) The Cataphrat hasn't gotten the full customization pass yet (I think), so weapons don't change to match what's actually mounted

3) Accusing and insulting the support staff isn't a great way to get your issue addressed.

didn't insult the support staff, the person that replied wasn't support actually. also I didn't insult anyone. don't stir the pot.

and yes the 2x

be that as it may, the model only shows 4 tubes. I don't see how it could fit 8 on an arm.

Edited by BaronBastardKiller, 23 July 2014 - 07:10 AM.

#4 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:11 AM

Mods are support staff for the forums.

Just chill. Not trying to stir anything. Just noting you'll get more flys with honey.

#5 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:30 AM

View PostBront, on 23 July 2014 - 07:11 AM, said:

Mods are support staff for the forums.

Just chill. Not trying to stir anything. Just noting you'll get more flys with honey.

mhmmm. true, but lets face it, we all prefer a spanking x)

#6 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 23 July 2014 - 07:33 AM

View PostBaronBastardKiller, on 23 July 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

mhmmm. true, but lets face it, we all prefer a spanking x)

I'd follow up with a Monty Python quote, but it wouldn't be appreciated by the mods.

#7 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:29 AM

View PostBaronBastardKiller, on 23 July 2014 - 07:09 AM, said:

didn't insult the support staff, the person that replied wasn't support actually. also I didn't insult anyone. don't stir the pot.

and yes the 2x

be that as it may, the model only shows 4 tubes. I don't see how it could fit 8 on an arm.

You were not talking about that model issue in your last post dude.
It not a 'design flaw' just PGI never got around to updating the models for the CTFs.

If they did they would probably just add an attachment to the arms like they did for the Clan Warhawk.

You post should be about 'PGI please update dynamic weapon models for CTFs like you did for the rest.'

Here is another shocker for you. You know the CTF 4X... Even thought I put 4xAC5 in the damn thing.. It will always show only 1 pair of ACs... And it is completely static whether there is a weapon in there or not.

Basically none of the CTFs have dynamic models.. Not just the 2X.

Lastly... Chill...... :)

Edited by ShinVector, 23 July 2014 - 08:30 AM.

#8 Koryitsu

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 28 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 08:49 AM

There is a direct correlation to the amount of 14 year olds in game vs the amount of pay wall necessary to enjoy said content.

#9 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:14 AM

View PostShinVector, on 23 July 2014 - 08:29 AM, said:

You were not talking about that model issue in your last post dude.
It not a 'design flaw' just PGI never got around to updating the models for the CTFs.

If they did they would probably just add an attachment to the arms like they did for the Clan Warhawk.

You post should be about 'PGI please update dynamic weapon models for CTFs like you did for the rest.'

Here is another shocker for you. You know the CTF 4X... Even thought I put 4xAC5 in the damn thing.. It will always show only 1 pair of ACs... And it is completely static whether there is a weapon in there or not.

Basically none of the CTFs have dynamic models.. Not just the 2X.

Lastly... Chill...... :)

there you go being rude again Shin....

I noticed that it only shows one gun per arm on the 4X.

could you be anymore of a jerk?

#10 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 09:47 AM

View PostBaronBastardKiller, on 23 July 2014 - 09:14 AM, said:

there you go being rude again Shin....

I noticed that it only shows one gun per arm on the 4X.

could you be anymore of a jerk?

Thanks for the Insult dude... You are the best ! B...

#11 NetherlightWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Sector

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:11 AM

I found this thread helpful as I was confused how CTFs were firing ac salvos when IS ACs fire a single slug normally. :)

#12 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:41 AM

If you refer to your thread being closed on the forums, the forums are not support. Support is contacted by E-mail, and can be far more helpful there than any moderator can be on the forums.

Also, The Cataphract doesn't have the updated weapon meshes. Like all other older mechs that haven't gotten these updates, the missile ports can be really strange sometimes. What you are seeing with the dual SRM6 is an old bug with those old tubes. Per launch, you are probably launching 8 SRMs (4 from each launcher) in the first volley, and, instead of doing a partial of the remaining 2 from each system, it is shooting those 2 as a full volley of 4, but at two separate times.
(Think of it as 8+2(4)+2(4), the (numbers) are what is actually shooting out. Have you noticed your ammo dropping any faster? Check it out on the testing grounds, and see how many SRMs you actually shoot, once with each launcher separate, and another time alphaed together.)

It sounds confusing, but here is an easier to understand example:
If you were to play an LRM5 into an SRM6 launcher, you actually shoot out 6 LRMs from the 6 tube launcher, not 5. If you have an LRM10 launcher in the 6 tube slot, you will be shooting out two volleys of 6, meaning 12 LRMs are being released in total per launch. (This might also explain how one ends up with just a couple of odd LRMs left over, instead of the even number to end with.)

It just sounds like a bug to me, so contact support ( support@mwomercs.com ) and they will be able to help you more.

Edited by Tesunie, 23 July 2014 - 11:43 AM.

#13 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 11:59 AM

View PostLobotomite, on 23 July 2014 - 11:25 AM, said:

Last time I "checked" it fires a 4srm+2srm salvo while one SRM6 launcher is installed. So it actually has only 4 tubes.

don't say that around shin.. he'll tell you to head to smurfys and tell you that you're wrong.. then act passive aggressive after being rude and when you retort act like a victim of unfair treatment...

#14 NetherlightWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 124 posts
  • LocationClan Wolf Sector

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:07 PM

Let's not turn this into a flame thread. The issue is a lack of dynamic weapon update to the model. Let's leave it at that

#15 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 23 July 2014 - 12:12 PM

View PostBaronBastardKiller, on 23 July 2014 - 06:46 AM, said:

Ok really..

the reply to my last topic was ridiculous....

Smurfys says the CTF-2X has 4x2SRM tubes.... yet the MODEL itself only shows 4 TUBES ON THE LEFT ARM.

ADD TO THIS AS I SAID WITH 2X6SRM IT FIRES 3x VOLLEY OF 4... BUT WITH 2x4SRM IT FIRES A SINGLE VOLLEY (WHICH IS 8 FOR THE MATH IMPAIRED).

why is it when I report a bug I get a remark telling me to check out smurfy and find my topic locked...... Is this considered acceptable around here?

My fault for reporting a HUGE flaw in the design here.....

1... your threads are still unlocked... I can reply to both... No ForumMods locked it. 2... Cataphracts haven't gotten their remodeling done to represent weapons models, I own the CTF-2X as well and notice this with SRM4's. 3... starting multiple threads in different areas of the Forums is one way to get a Forum Mod's attention... to lock threads or delete them due to their spam policy. See Conduct Rules for that tidbit. 4... look at your post here... it's got attitude written all over it dude. 5... File a support ticket... don't just post here and hope it fixes the issue.

#16 The Dreaded Baron B Killer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 353 posts

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:02 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 23 July 2014 - 12:12 PM, said:

4... look at your post here... it's got attitude written all over it dude. 5... File a support ticket... don't just post here and hope it fixes the issue.

I give attitude when I get it. Guy tells me to head over to smurfys as if I'm an idiot and ignores the fact that I'm sayin the model has 4 tubes, and then does the same thing with the gun issue on the 4x. Sorry but why should i have tolerate his attitude?

and I didn't file a support ticket because I wanted to know if it was a genuine bug.. I wanted to ask around... It's not a bug if ONE person has the issue and others don't.

#17 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:08 PM

View PostBaronBastardKiller, on 23 July 2014 - 01:02 PM, said:

I give attitude when I get it. Guy tells me to head over to smurfys as if I'm an idiot and ignores the fact that I'm sayin the model has 4 tubes, and then does the same thing with the gun issue on the 4x. Sorry but why should i have tolerate his attitude?

and I didn't file a support ticket because I wanted to know if it was a genuine bug.. I wanted to ask around... It's not a bug if ONE person has the issue and others don't.

As mentioned, it's a model mesh issue with the that particular Mech. Personally... I don't always give attitude when it's dished out on me, because it makes me no better than the other person... and I work inside a law firm dealing with cranking moody people all day. No one likes dealing with attitude, and it never hurts to simply submit a support ticket because that's how stuff gets fixed around here... not like the crying some folks do on the forums... and be aware of forum trolls, they like to push buttons...

#18 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:14 PM

OP is obviously clueless. 4 missile tubes = 4 missiles come out at once, regardless of launcher. PROBREM?

#19 Tesunie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Seeker
  • The Seeker
  • 8,579 posts
  • LocationSeraphim HQ: Asuncion

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostCest7, on 23 July 2014 - 01:14 PM, said:

OP is obviously clueless. 4 missile tubes = 4 missiles come out at once, regardless of launcher. PROBREM?

He claims (no offense meant here) that when he fires two SRM4s at once, that they come out at once. But when he fires two SRM6s, they come out as three sets of fours, and is trying to understand why. I believe (if his observations are correct) that it's just a problem with the older mechs with static weapon meshes.

Please, read the post before responding so rudely next time?

#20 Cest7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,781 posts
  • LocationMaple Ditch

Posted 23 July 2014 - 01:20 PM

Technically, 2xSRM6 will fire 4+2 twice. Thats 4 volleys. 2xSRM4 will fire 2x4. Commen sense?
Try shoving 6 sticks through 4 equal diameter holes.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users