• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 04 December 2015 - 06:47 PM

Table and I have been working on getting online but it's been quite a night. Long story short my new GPU doesn't work with my x51 rig, I'm an idiot, and very hungry. We're awaiting delivery food, going to scarf that down, then hit the mechs for a few hours. Save some Grog for us!

#462 Lorian Sunrider

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts
  • LocationCochrane, Alberta

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:17 PM

The server is ******* up or my internet is. Not sure which.

#463 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 04 December 2015 - 07:40 PM

Get in here Lorian! lol

Edit: Yes! You made it!

Great matches everyone. An extremely solid win, and one of the closest CW matches I've ever been a part of. Good [GROG] six-man guys! Cheers!

Edited by t Khrist, 04 December 2015 - 11:19 PM.

#464 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 07 December 2015 - 12:16 PM

We had some fantastic matches this weekend gentlemen. Had a lot of fun.

Hey tKhrist/Table, any chances we can organize another Grog Tourney in the New Year sometime? Don't even have to have prizes beyond bragging rights/commissions(ranks) on the spreadsheet up for grabs.

A couple of us are feeling the need to try and get some revenge on Xirirel Posted Image

Edited by Lorian Sunrider, 07 December 2015 - 12:17 PM.

#465 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 08 December 2015 - 02:09 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 07 December 2015 - 12:16 PM, said:

We had some fantastic matches this weekend gentlemen. Had a lot of fun.

Hey tKhrist/Table, any chances we can organize another Grog Tourney in the New Year sometime? Don't even have to have prizes beyond bragging rights/commissions(ranks) on the spreadsheet up for grabs.

A couple of us are feeling the need to try and get some revenge on Xirirel Posted Image

We sure did! Had some great groups going. Really well done and I wanted to thank all of you Groggers for some really outstanding matches. It seemed as though when it was just Table and I, we would get stomped; but even if we had one additional member with us, it would at least be a very close match, if not a win. We worked as a unit and that got us up to 19th on the Ghost Bear leaderboard. Excellent work I think. Cheers! You Groggers are great. So..

.. soon to be back by popular demand, the Grog Corps Members Tournament!

Now that's a very loose 'soon'; Table and I haven't even talked dates yet. So most likely 1-2 months out. We'll at least give a month for signup and whatnot after we announce a date. I'll keep you guys posted, and sorry Lorian, but there will always be prizes Posted Image.

Please feel free to signup on the spreadsheet if you wish. We won't start thinking brackets until everyone knows when it will be, but it will help to see the possible turnout in advance. Consider it to be on a Friday or Saturday evening eastern-time, whichever works best for the Grog Posted Image.

Let's see if the Steam launch brings any new members in to help make this one the Groggiest one yet!

Edited by t Khrist, 08 December 2015 - 02:12 PM.

#466 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 10:13 AM

Signed up for the Tourney!

I also threw up a quick post on the steam forums trying to attract some new members:

http://steamcommunit...31873668756577/

#467 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 02:42 PM

Aaaaarrrrrrrrgggsssss! With my mighty (yet tiny) (strong)hand actuator in my PartyCrow, I cheers not just our amazing weekend spent on the front lines of Tukayyid, but (of course) all Grog Corps members, past and present, for making our group into what it is today! I am always so proud to be a part of this, and when me and t khrist formed our group I can safely say I had no idea it was going to end up so...amazing! I knew we would at the very least have fun with the idea of an easy-going, drink-and-be-merry type of group, but this past year and 4 months (where has the time gone!?) spent with all of you amazing pilots has truly created, to me, the greatest video game experience I have ever had, HANDS DOWN (but hands up because woooooooo!) I'm sorry for getting so emotional...Posted Image ahem...anyway, what I originally came on here for...

The Battle of Tukayyid 2, a.k.a 2kayyid4u, a.k.a The Hands of Doom have reached a cool named planet for a second time (no one has said that), was a success! Here's a quick and dirty rundown of the events that unfolded from my perspective:

DAY 1
Was able to get on during the evening, and 2 rough matches with just me and t Khrist. Neither of us had played CW since...well I can't remember as its been a while. Was getting the feel for it again. Plus I changed my drop deck from my usual one so I was still working out kinks. We were able to shore up some more interested Groggers for the rest of the night, and after we did we started to do quite well, I must say! Some of the old tactics still worked, but still trying to coordinate 12 people for pushes when you have a 4-6 man doesnt always work. Most of the time, but not all the time. Seems after the first wave either people give up and start leroying or just leroy from the get go. Anywho, we fought a lot of rasalhagues, to much success, and we ended up beating a larger group who ended up being in the top 5 of the rasalhagues leaderboards, which is pretty neat.Posted Image We all but ungrouped by that point as it was pretty late, but I was feeling the battlejuice quite strong...and did 3...?....4? more matches afterwards pugging in the cdubs. Again, the grog had taken over at this point lol. I think I lost all of them, except for the very last one! I decided to drunkenly try to coordinate a match, we were all pugs and we were against at least a 4-man...but we ended up winning 39-36!! One person told me to stop typing so much, but I had 2 people who had a very good experience and wanted me to add them!

DAY 2
Basically the same thing as Day 1! Me and t khrist dropped 1 or 2, didnt do so hot, got more Groggers and bazam!! We had a rough one against a good Rasalhauge group because half our team was doing there own thing, and thats just something that cant be helped sometimes. But we beat a 12-man Kurita group who also was and ended up in the Top 5! And then again I got super groggy and kept playing through the night! This is where it gets murky, because I feel like at some point throughout the night, either grouping or soloing, I played against one of the Top 5's of Marik, but cant remember if we won or lostPosted Image

DAY 3
Day 3 was a wash! Stupid IS guerrilla tactics, disabling t Khrists computer until it was too late to play and me having my last practice for my music class before the show and it lasting longer than what it was supposed to be. *Shakes stronghand*

DAY 3.5
Wasn't able to catch the finale of the Tukayyid battles, but our finish on the Ghost Bear leaderboards was very awesome to see! 18th! (NOT 19th t Khrist, give us SOME creditPosted Image )

Overall, I actually had *gasp* fun? playing CW for the first time in a long time, and it definitely wasn't because of the game mode, as it is the same as it was, but because we held our own! For being a casual group and not playing a lot (if any) of CW, we did one helluva job Grog! Cheers, wooo!Posted Image

Now as far as this....Grog Corps Tournament.....that is on the minds of us all, I must say that I, too, miss the days of the tournaments of old! We must bring, bring back the Grog!...Corps tournament! They are always so damn exciting and Xirirel has had those titles for far too long....Posted Image Me and t Khrist will be going over details about this so stay tuned!

And I am getting pretty excited about the steam release! I won't be doing it through steam, but it's cool that its an option now!

And here's a fluff story for no reason about our journey on Tukayyid!

DAY 1
By the time the Grog Corps first Dropship had landed on Tukayyid, we were ready to deploy our first batallion. All the grog we could store had been accounted for, our pilots freshly rejuvenated by our own special (and HIGHLY secret) blend of our delicious Grog (for war reasons...and it may or may not be referred to as "Battlejuice"Posted Image ), and the fight was on! We deployed in our mechs to the battlefield some time later only to realize we...were a little late to the fight, as the forces had advanced some ground from where our dropship was planted. The only course of action, naturally, was to drink more Battlejuice! And drink we did!

After double checking the planetary map as to what zones we were supposed to advance towards, I had a very odd feeling in my gut (no no, not the battlejuice) that we were in for a surprise. An ambush, perhaps. As i thought about it, and as we advanced forward, we stumbled into an unsalvagable wreck - a bare bones skeleton of what once was a Raven. After pouring some grog over the destroyed battlemech, an intense sound echoed through the emptiness; the unmistakable sound of the Horn of Mead. "It's a trap!" screamed the disembodied fish head of Admiral Akbar as it came flying into my left torso. Realizing it wasn't a fictional characters decapitated head flying through the air, but an ac20, the battle had started, and we were in for a fight against a very capable, and equally as drunk, group of Rasalhagues!

We were in for a nice little skirmish. Fortunately, we were ready, for hours, for any engagement with our enemy, but what we lacked in preparation from this surprise attack, we excelled in drunken coordination and holding targets! They may have gotten the jump on us, but it was that very reason they lost the advantage; by encircling us and firing wildly for surprise from the trap, it opened the opportunity for us to buckle down, spread incoming damage, and focus as a group on 1 targeted mech at a time. As fortune proved to be on our side, and with the drunken knowledge of countless battles, even some that have been lost to the brain cells of time(grog), the enemy mechs fell, and they fell fast. One by one the enemy mechs quickly turned into what looked like a Michael Bay movie, with way too many explosions at once for one brain to handle. Also the saturation was way too high, but that might have been the grog. The enemy was left in a heaping pile of smoking metal, with legs and torsos alike now littering the ground of the scene by the destroyed Raven. A hearty spill of grog was had on the piles, as to calm the smolders of battle, but it is our service to our enemies. A calling card, if you will. When a good fight is had, one must always remember to pour our grog onto the unsalvageable piles of our enemy. It is a showing of our gratitude. Huzzah's were had over comms as we headed toward our objective; the very base that force that jumped us came from.

We continued on, and we kept the grog pouring. By the time we reached the outskirts of the base, we came across a few more fellow Ghost Bear units, damaged, but still serviceable enough. "It is our time...yes! Now! ...to strike...er...uh...where the hell are we going?" I thought aloud, only for it to come out of my mouth as some off-languaged babble, a mumble so incomprehensible not even the comm was able to pick it up for audio. "No, I meant to slay...urm...$%^&..hahaha slay...SAY!...what the *#%$ is going onnn.......

----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

(and scene)
FIN
for now.
the end of day 1.
2 more to go...
Is finkle einhorn?
will timmy be saved from the well?
will our anti-heroes successfully find grog?
stay tuuuuuuned!

Edited by I am the Table, 09 December 2015 - 05:09 PM.

#468 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 09 December 2015 - 07:37 PM

Beautiful Table. Sums up our group pretty damn well.

#469 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:41 PM

Fun games today guys!

Can't wait to do some of the new CW phase three stuff with you all.

#470 Canadian House Owl

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 12 December 2015 - 08:58 PM

I need to get on more!

#471 Canadian House Owl

• PipPipPip
  • The Money Maker
  • The Money Maker
  • 59 posts
  • LocationEdmonton

Posted 14 December 2015 - 01:54 PM

last night we made the grog corps look good! Posted Image

#472 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 18 December 2015 - 09:02 AM

Man, Star Wars is so ******* GOOD!

#473 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 18 December 2015 - 08:25 PM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 18 December 2015 - 09:02 AM, said:

Man, Star Wars is so ******* GOOD!

A masterpiece.

#474 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 21 December 2015 - 06:50 PM

I'm gone from the 23rd of December until the 2nd of January gents. Try not to conquer the entire Inner Sphere while I'm gone.

If I don't see you a Merry Christmas to you all!

#475 t Khrist

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 656 posts
  • LocationThe Mitten

Posted 24 December 2015 - 04:54 AM

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 21 December 2015 - 06:50 PM, said:

I'm gone from the 23rd of December until the 2nd of January gents. Try not to conquer the entire Inner Sphere while I'm gone.

If I don't see you a Merry Christmas to you all!

Have a good vacation Lor! We'll see you when you get back. Happy holidays to everyone! May you be full of cheer.. and Grog!

#476 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 24 December 2015 - 08:43 PM

Merry Christmas Groggers!

Posted Image

#477 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 28 December 2015 - 06:07 PM

God I want to play MWO so bad. Only thing making this trip less boring is the ton of beer lol

#478 I am the Table

• PipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 68 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 07:47 PM

**Attention all Grog Corps Members**

The sign-up sheet is now officially open for the next Grog Corps Tournament Night! We shall be having another great night of drinking and destruction set for FEBRUARY 20th, 2016, roughly starting around 5 P.M.!!! We will be having the 3rd Annual Grog Corps Tournament, for the main event and the usual prize of the Grog Corps Championship as well as Lord Grogley's Cup! And we will also be starting a new one, the 1st Annual WINGMAN Tournament! We will be doing a random draw for teams (because we are all friends and can work together here Posted Image ) and there will be time given to teams for coordination purposes! Our plan B if something unforeseen happens to the Wingman Tournament will be the next class Championship: The Light weight class!

So sign-up today in our GoogleDocs spreadsheet! You all have the link!

p.s. I have not forgotten about the next writeup of our 2kayyid adventure, it will happen and it will be gloriously underwhelming, I promise!

#479 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 04 January 2016 - 01:19 PM

View PostI am the Table, on 02 January 2016 - 07:47 PM, said:

**Attention all Grog Corps Members**

The sign-up sheet is now officially open for the next Grog Corps Tournament Night! We shall be having another great night of drinking and destruction set for FEBRUARY 20th, 2016, roughly starting around 5 P.M.!!! We will be having the 3rd Annual Grog Corps Tournament, for the main event and the usual prize of the Grog Corps Championship as well as Lord Grogley's Cup! And we will also be starting a new one, the 1st Annual WINGMAN Tournament! We will be doing a random draw for teams (because we are all friends and can work together here Posted Image ) and there will be time given to teams for coordination purposes! Our plan B if something unforeseen happens to the Wingman Tournament will be the next class Championship: The Light weight class!

So sign-up today in our GoogleDocs spreadsheet! You all have the link!

p.s. I have not forgotten about the next writeup of our 2kayyid adventure, it will happen and it will be gloriously underwhelming, I promise!

Posted Image

**** yeah, Xirirel, you are going down this time!

#480 Lorian Sunrider

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,176 posts

Posted 05 January 2016 - 02:03 PM

I feel like I summed up our unit pretty well with this:

View PostLorian Sunrider, on 05 January 2016 - 02:02 PM, said:

I feel like GROG should be added in there somewhere. We are like the Northwind Highlanders, if the Northwind Highlanders only went into battle drunk and double fisting more drinks at the same time.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users