Patch 1.3.311 Is Live!

134 replies to this topic

#41 Nik Reaper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,273 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:52 AM

- When a targeted enemy has been destroyed, Bitching Betty will announce "Target Destroyed"

Only this makes this patch worth it for me, but one would think that they could have added the 1 Arty OR Airstrike per mech rule they talked about in to this patch , it's really raining too much red smoke most games....

Edited by Nik Reaper, 05 August 2014 - 10:58 AM.

#42 VagGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 581 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

good job on the spidy visual update...hope to see the rest of the older chassis too...especially Cents.

"target destroyed" is also a very nice addition.

other than that i hope next patch will have more bug fixes and content

#43 Tannhauser Gate

• The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 1,302 posts
  • LocationAttack ship off the Shoulder of Orion

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:54 AM

View PostWhy Run, on 05 August 2014 - 10:16 AM, said:

You're right, keep paying money for a game with game breaking bugs (rubberbanding, desync, HSR issues with LRMs, etc), while the devs are busy programming skins for cash grab mech. There's a sustainable business model to keep people spending too...

So they should Stop the content teams from going forward and Not rollout completed content slated for today's patch until the troubleshooting team fixes the warping issues? That makes sense in the frustrated-but-clueless world. If they did that every time a bug appeared we'd never see any content. Let the various teams do their jobs. Sometimes less important content is completed before recent bugs get fixed. If you dont want pay, dont pay.

#44 Fishhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN

View PostTheCaptainJZ, on 05 August 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Everyone should know by now there won't be any maps for ~2 months. They completely stopped working on them for the 6 months they were making clan mechs.

I wish they'd release tons of variants from the same planet. Like Frozen City A, B, C, D, E, F, G, H.... just dozens of maps set in the same planet. Would be nice for CW.

That'll be in the first Map Pack they release. Just $19.99!!!

#45 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Yes! More! More bitchin' betty! It's the little things that make me happy :(

#46 Reza Malin

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 617 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:56 AM

[redacted]
Difference is, this isn't a house, its a F2P video game. I bet half the people whining just want to buy everything with Cbills anyway.

Great updates:

- Clan tweaks
- Reconnect
- Jump jets
- Fall damage
- Module slots

there are other minor things i can't remember off the top of my head. We had a patch only last week, as well as a hotfix.

They already said when the clan mechs will be releasing and that CW will be here in the later half of the year. They told us about the new maps that are being worked on. They said they aware of the desync and are on it. Its simple, just be patient. I don't know what you expect, a blow by blow account of some dude coding a new map?

[redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 06 August 2014 - 11:57 AM.
responding to a response to removed content, insults

#47 Zack Esseth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Predator
  • The Predator
  • 248 posts
  • LocationRith Essa

Posted 05 August 2014 - 10:57 AM

View PostSaxie, on 05 August 2014 - 10:49 AM, said:

There isn't anything here regarding the sever desync issues....

That right there is my biggest gripe. I have managed to make it this far through the game with minimal issues that effected my gameplay. Screen Locks where about as bad as it got for me but could be fixed with a simple alt tab. The desync is kicking me from matches more than 3 minutes in and is costing me C-bills and XP.

#48 dangerzone

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Death Wish
  • The Death Wish
  • 295 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in a F14-Tomcat

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:01 AM

View PostMuonNeutrino, on 05 August 2014 - 10:22 AM, said:

To everyone complaining about the patch content - it's been ONE WEEK since the last patch. ONE WEEK. This is ONE WEEK'S WORTH OF STUFF. Not every single patch is going to have something for everyone, and expecting that is completely unreasonable.

I mean, seriously guys. I get as pissed off at PGI when they do stupid things as the next person, but this is just ridiculous.

I agree. People will ***** about anything these days. I mean, some of these people are grown adults with full-time jobs and a family to provide for. Stop worrying about a game and worry about real life crap.

Worry about losing your job. Worry about providing 3 meals a day for your family. Don't worry about a "cashgrab". They make hero 'mechs because almost every f2p game has some kind of special character/vehicle/weapons only obtainable via real world money.

I don't think people who play WoT ***** about premium tanks at all or as much as you whiners do about premium 'mechs. Maybe F2P games aren't your thing, hmm?

Neutrino, I'm glad someone here other than me has a sense of decency :(

Edited by dangerzone, 05 August 2014 - 11:02 AM.

#49 Kabum

• PipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 62 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:06 AM

--------------------------Health Alert----------------------------

Too much bitching is not good for your health.
Stop wishing and start enjoying what you have.

---------------------------------------------------------------------

#50 C E Dwyer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,274 posts
  • LocationHiding in the periphery, from Bounty Hunters

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

so on a day when I rubber band all over the place, you bring out more crap to buy, make a few visual changes, fix stuff you shouldn't have broken in the first place and add mech destroyed.

and you call this content..

Fail fail fail

#51 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:17 AM

Hmm, around 465 MByte. Thats alot for almost nothing in this patch.

#52 NextGame

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,071 posts
  • LocationHaggis Country

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:18 AM

not really clear on what makes this a particularly "special patch" ?

#53 CeeKay Boques

• Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 3,371 posts
  • LocationYes

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:19 AM

View PostQuax1102, on 05 August 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

Finally ..... how could this take over two years

The voice actor wasn't returning their calls.

#54 SixstringSamurai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 930 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationYou Guys Are So Bad I'm Moving To The Moon

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostNextGame, on 05 August 2014 - 11:18 AM, said:

not really clear on what makes this a particularly "special patch" ?

Its only 1 week from last patch isn't it?

#55 Felio

• Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,721 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:21 AM

Hamster Huey? What's next, a gooey kablooie?

#56 Wieland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 755 posts
  • LocationKitzingen, Bolan Province, Protectorate of Donegal, Lyran Commonwealth

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:22 AM

View PostSixStringSamurai, on 05 August 2014 - 11:20 AM, said:

Its only 1 week from last patch isn't it?

Last weeks patch was a special patch because of a 5th week. This one is a normal 1st week of the month patch.

#57 sizz0r

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:23 AM

10/10 for that hamster back-up generator! :-P

#58 DustySkunk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 257 posts
  • LocationNew England

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:26 AM

View PostFade Akira, on 05 August 2014 - 10:56 AM, said:

Difference is, this isn't a house, its a F2P video game. I bet half the people whining just want to buy everything with Cbills anyway.

Great updates:

- Clan tweaks
- Reconnect
- Jump jets
- Fall damage
- Module slots

there are other minor things i can't remember off the top of my head. We had a patch only last week, as well as a hotfix.

They already said when the clan mechs will be releasing and that CW will be here in the later half of the year. They told us about the new maps that are being worked on. They said they aware of the desync and are on it. Its simple, just be patient. I don't know what you expect, a blow by blow account of some dude coding a new map?

[redacted]

I agree with you that progress has been made, Fade. I had exagerated in my earlier post. However I would argue that the examples you are giving are features that should have been there. Reconnect is one (which is primarily caused by server connection issues). However, jump jets and fall damage should never had made it out of closed beta. Clan tweaks are a balance issue, and do not constitute feature creation. Module slots... are questionable. That is a whole other thread right there though.

The house example I gave is imperfect, but it does do a good job of explaining how I feel. I have contributed a significant amount of money into this game. Far more than is fiscally responsible for me at times(rent may have been a week or two late one or twice to accomodate my need for premium time lol). I'm not saying this makes me special, but it does mean I am invested both emotionally and financially in this game.

In regard to the map example: no I don't need a play by play, but *something* would be nice. Wouldn't it be great if you could pull up a thread on the forum and see:

Map Name: Jungle Hell
Terrain: 100%
Asset Creation: 80%
Asset Placement: 25%
ETA: 6 months
Click here for screenshots of development progress

I'm not saying this is the ideal model, but wouldn't require much and it would show us where they think they are as well as some of the progress they have made. It would be much better than "We're working on stuff" which is all they will tell us now.

The point is, it has been a long time. A very long time. I would like to see transparency or features. Either would make me happy

Edited by Egomane, 06 August 2014 - 11:59 AM.
quote cleaned up

#59 Fishhawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 265 posts
  • LocationMiddle TN

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:29 AM

Underwhelming patch, but maybe all the "meat" will be in the Aug 19th patch.

[redacted]

Edited by Egomane, 06 August 2014 - 12:00 PM.
discussing moderation

#60 TheCaptainJZ

• The CyberKnight
  • The CyberKnight
  • 3,677 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 05 August 2014 - 11:34 AM

I don't get why everyone whines about cashgrab. Of course they are going to release new content that costs money. That's how a F2P game works. We've been over this already.

I understand complaining about what's not in the patch (features, bug fixes) but really, why do you need to whine over what is in the patch. We all know the artists can't fix bugs. They might as well do something. Of course they're going to release things for those who want to buy them and push them ahead in marketing. That's what makes money for them. You are free to not buy them. Don't let it get to you. Sheesh.

40 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 40 guests, 0 anonymous users