#81 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 12:56 PM

General
  • Greater visual weapon customization for the Spider variants. Their appearance will better reflect the weapons that have been equipped on them.
  • New MechLab icons for all Spider variants.
  • Skins added for KitFox Mechs.
  • When a targeted enemy has been destroyed, Bitching Betty will announce "Target Destroyed"

These are the things I really liked (beyond the obvious hero mech with its questionable percentage on its quirk. The quirk is fine; it's the percentage I worry about).

Especially glad they have finally gotten around to visual customization on the Spiders. Now to see what my Gauss spider looks like.

Also glad to have Target Destroyed.

Now I'd like to hear "Warning: Targeted" again. I miss that.
Can be heard during this whenever a mech 'looks' at me with their crosshairs.

Edited by Koniving, 05 August 2014 - 01:05 PM.

#82 The Driver

• PipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 43 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:01 PM

5.3GB patch for this?! or am i missing something?

#83 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

View PostThe Driver, on 05 August 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

5.3GB patch for this?! or am i missing something?

460 megabytes was the patch. It obviously thinks you had to redownload the entire game (possibly modified or corrupt files).

#84 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:11 PM

I am also downloading 5328,93 MB why? I am just click on PATCH BUTTON :)

#85 Bulletsponge0

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 01:47 PM

was it too much to ask to get hit reg for CERPPCs fixed???

Tired of watching them pass through mechs without doing any damage at all

#86 RashallVetkay

• PipPip
  • The Fang
  • The Fang
  • 41 posts
  • LocationCorups Christi Texas

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:02 PM

When I got into game after patching I noticed that the Kitfox was still only up for sale for MC instead of C-bills. Also I found that the Thor had not been added in as available for MC, but instead found the Nova still up for MC.

Has this been pushed back to a later date? Or has the clan release schedule been changed in some way? Some confirmation in this area would be nice.

#87 Prezimonto

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 2,017 posts
  • LocationKufstein FRR

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:05 PM

Why is a 2 slot 5 ton(LL) weapon the size of a 1 slot 1 ton(ml) the size of a 0.5 ton 1 slot (sl) weapon?

Why is the PPC, a GIGANTIC weapon that accounts for roughly 1/4 of the total tonnage of the mech, the size of the forearm of the mech?

The LL should be the size (volume) of the of the PPC visual. If placed into the CT is should take up both hardpoints (since it does).

The PPC should be MASSIVE, the spider should look like it'll tip over carrying that thing... BECAUSE IT SHOULD.

#88 YaKillinMeSmalls

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Clamps
  • The Clamps
  • 332 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:16 PM

View PostMorang, on 05 August 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

Why not Spider Hero? Even despite Spider has received proper weapon display in this patch - usually that was done to chassis of previous Hero mechs! The last remaining pre-Phoenix mech w/o Hero variant.

PS Smurphy displays stats for Anansi Spider Hero variant, probably leaked from game files. 1b+1e on each arm, 1m in CT and twin AMS in side torsi. Mobility caps at 6 JJ and 270 engine. No ECM. Looks somewhat P2W... it brings Spider closer to ranks of overt combat lights instead of support/harrasser.

If you go into the Skills tab and look at the Spider section, there's now a listing for a SDR-5A. Looks red and white, but not much detail. Guess that's confirmed.

#89 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:24 PM

View PostMorang, on 05 August 2014 - 11:42 AM, said:

PS Smurphy displays stats for Anansi Spider Hero variant, probably leaked from game files. 1b+1e on each arm, 1m in CT and twin AMS in side torsi. Mobility caps at 6 JJ and 270 engine. No ECM. Looks somewhat P2W... it brings Spider closer to ranks of overt combat lights instead of support/harrasser.
Hardly P2W. More energy, less MG than the 5K, and the missile launcher can't be anything large due to the CT. 2MLs, 2 MGs, Streak 2 build that flows from that doesn't seem very scary.

Edit:
Yup, ANANSI build seems good. 2 AMS, XL255, 2 ML, 2 MG, SSRM2. (not the stock build). Hardly seems P2W.

Edited by Bront, 05 August 2014 - 02:29 PM.

#90 TLBFestus

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostJalik, on 05 August 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Yeah, you're right. No more cash income for the company until your favorite bug has been fixed. Sounds like a sustainable business model to me :)
In other word: stop the b*tching. Please. It's tedious. We know about the bugs. Really.

Yet another individual blaming the players not the company.

#91 PRIME MOVER

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 August 2014 - 02:57 PM

Just think about how many maps there would be if they came out with Hero-Maps.

We are all tired of playing the same boards. No maps for months is unacceptable. Please make the game and stop with all the buy-variants, minor tweaks, and weapon balancing. All the weapons will have to be re-"balanced" after CW when people have a reason to play as team and the games count for something more than just accruing Space Bucks.

Even you fan-boys out there can agree with that.

#92 cSand

• 4,589 posts
  • LocationCanada, eh

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:18 PM

Dunno what all the babbies are filling their diapers about

This is a bonus patch (1 week instead of 2)...

Hero looks good. Not a BLR driver myself but I do like the paintjob.

Here's hoping for a new map this month (annnd a new IS mech... too much to ask? :) )

#93 CyclonerM

Tina's Warrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 5,685 posts
  • LocationA 2nd Wolf Guards Grenadiers JumpShip

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:23 PM

View PostPRIME MOVER, on 05 August 2014 - 02:57 PM, said:

Even you fan-boys out there can agree with that.

Uh.. Actually, they ARE working on maps and CW... So what are you complaining about exactly?

#94 Heklin

• Pip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 14 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 03:41 PM

Looking forward to hearing Target Destroyed..

Would have been nice to have "Enemy Mech Destroyed" and "Target Destroyed" (Mech vs Turrets), but can't complain that we got something..

#95 PRIME MOVER

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:03 PM

Ah CyclonerM, I knew a fan-boy would come out of the woodwork.

Supposedly NOW they are working on boards after working on their clan grab for months. It would've be nice if the clans invaded the game(CW) and not the teamdeath match we have been playing for two years. Also: Since they had to stop work on maps for mechs before due to the fact they can't do both at the same time; the fact that new mechs are coming out makes me think maps are not a priority.

But what do I know? I'm just a founder with a few obsolete hero-mechs.

#96 Metalcell

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 104 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:09 PM

Is it me or is this patch a little to big for just a few new skins and a few bug fixes.

#97 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

View PostPRIME MOVER, on 05 August 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Supposedly NOW they are working on boards after working on their clan grab for months. It would've be nice if the clans invaded the game(CW) and not the teamdeath match we have been playing for two years. Also: Since they had to stop work on maps for mechs before due to the fact they can't do both at the same time; the fact that new mechs are coming out makes me think maps are not a priority.

They have to sell stuff to the people who support the game to keep it going for those who don't.

View PostMetalcell, on 05 August 2014 - 04:09 PM, said:

Is it me or is this patch a little to big for just a few new skins and a few bug fixes.

It contains some components for the next patch I am sure, like the hero spider.

#98 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:20 PM

View PostWieland, on 05 August 2014 - 11:22 AM, said:

Last weeks patch was a special patch because of a 5th week. This one is a normal 1st week of the month patch.

This is what love about people. Point out a perfectly reasonable reason for something and they dismiss it without a moments thought. Wait, did I say love?

#99 RickySpanish

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 3,514 posts
  • LocationWubbing your comrades

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:22 PM

Every couple of weeks I check up on MWO praying that there might be some new feature, something to bring me back to the game - guilds, a persistent world, new game modes, new map types - anything to make me love my favourite childhood franchise again. Yet all I see, all I ever is more paid "content". Sadly I am reminded again and again that my decision to simply stop playing was the correct one. I put probably close to $300 into this game from closed beta onward. Do you understand PGI? You have convinced me to walk away from $300. That's peanuts to you I know, but from my perspective it is money well spent upon the lessons of life.

#100 Sorbic

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:24 PM

View PostPRIME MOVER, on 05 August 2014 - 04:03 PM, said:

Except folks had been playing team death match for 2 years and many people had loads of experience and fully unlocked IS mechs. Starting an invasion with unfamiliar, locked mechs would have been far from ideal.

Edited by Sorbic, 05 August 2014 - 04:25 PM.

38 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 38 guests, 0 anonymous users