#101 PRIME MOVER

• Pip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 13 posts
  • LocationNew Jersey

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:30 PM

View PostSorbic, on 05 August 2014 - 04:24 PM, said:

Except folks had been playing team death match for 2 years and many people had loads of experience and fully unlocked IS mechs. Starting an invasion with unfamiliar, locked mechs would have been far from ideal.

Having your powered-up mechs and hero mechs being outdated before CW is far from ideal.

I'm also getting tired of they need to make money. They have made lots of $$$$.

Lots of people have spent more money than several times what a full finished game cost. I have friends who are also founders with several Buy-variants. I can't even get them to play because there is no greater meaning to the matches of Clan System.

Put it this way with the Bay system and needing 3 variants to level up, I can't imagine many people playing for free. Moreover, everytime they release some Buy-Mech, it's all over the place. Every game I'm in has Clan Mechs.

PGI, spend your time on the GAME like you did with your Clan-Grab. NOT Balancing, NOT Tweaks, NOT Buy-Mechs, NOT Cockpit Items. THE GAME.

Edited by PRIME MOVER, 05 August 2014 - 04:31 PM.

#102 Wildstreak

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 5,154 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 04:36 PM

Cannot wait to see the Spider PPC, will it be as small as the Griffin one shown below outlined in red with 2MLs?

Dear Catapult Pilots, Griffin pilots will trade you, give us some of the size of your PPCs.

Posted Image

#103 Monkey Lover

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 7,918 posts
  • LocationWazan

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:04 PM

haha now all the clan laser modules descriptions says er small laser :) Used to all say er large lasers -_- ..... I don't believe these patch notes you guys change a lot of things without saying anything.

#104 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:20 PM

Good patch for a week of work, nice to see the Spider update, Betty, those bugs, new patterns etc (though I find it hard to believe you can't just release said functionality for all Clan 'Mechs). Though, I think I, and many of the rest of us, have already spent copious amounts and aren't interested in a retextured 'Mech with a few different, and largely uninteresting, hardpoints. So it's a little insulting when you say "Here's some new stuff to play with", because you're really asking as to drop moar cash on stuff.

EDIT: Huh... that 'The Plan' link is really interesting. How long has it been around for?

Edited by AUSwarrior24, 05 August 2014 - 05:21 PM.

#105 Peiper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Dragoon
  • The Dragoon
  • 1,444 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationA fog where no one notices the contrast of white on white

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:30 PM

I thought they were going to announce something about merc corps creation today. Russ tweeted something about it a few days ago, how today we'd see a date announced when we could establish our merc corps. I was also wondering if they would follow the 'have to pony up for a dropship' stuff or the generic unit creation post they've posted more recently. And if merc corps would be able to run both clan and inner sphere mechs. I know for a fact that my Wolfs Dragoons can build omnimechs and have had access to clan tech for decades.

#106 Bors Mistral

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 313 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:33 PM

Nice surprise patch.

On the new Mech icons for the Mechbay...
Why not just make each icon from an auto-generated screenshot of the current model for the corresponding mech? It'll be much better, you'll have both camo and correct weapon systems showing.

#107 Perihelion Jack

• PipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • 60 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:58 PM

I was definitely surprised when I start the patcher and it says 5.3Gb (i.e. the entire game). I played yesterday with no issues, and yet I literally have to delete and re-install. I, in my epic struggle to remain positive about this game/company/franchise, am pretty peeved about having to download a game that has become increasingly convoluted with the clumsy handling of seriously everything; from the community relations, all the way through the well documented bugs/broken mechanics, to the continued feet-dragging on what your company said was a "core design pillar".

I could continue, but this is the patch feedback thread. I would love to give some feedback, unfortunately that will have to wait...

P.S.: I hear the new cockpit items are %100 bug-free. Truly a crowning achievement for your company; may they erect (little tiny digital) statues of your likenesses for years to come.

Edited by Aphelion Dax, 05 August 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#108 Smedlee

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 58 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 05 August 2014 - 05:59 PM

I thought the Kit Fox were going on sale for cbills today. I guess I was wrong. When is the Kit Fox going to be on sale for cbills?

#109 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 05 August 2014 - 06:59 PM

Isn't Hamster Huey property of Billy Watterson?

#110 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Revolutionary
  • The Revolutionary
  • 462 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:15 PM

Why the hell is this patch almost 500mb in size?? Virtually nothing was added...

#111 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:38 PM

I don't know, but I didn't heard any feelings in Miss Betty new words... Like, she was just bored about the Kills... I would like a bit more excitement from her... Just a bit more... But, I could be wrong, it's a very late night... (5 am)

#112 Leidulfr

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 142 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 07:53 PM

View PostJalik, on 05 August 2014 - 10:11 AM, said:

Yeah, you're right. No more cash income for the company until your favorite bug has been fixed. Sounds like a sustainable business model to me :rolleyes:
In other word: stop the b*tching. Please. It's tedious. We know about the bugs. Really.

Do we? Clearly they've been missed seeing as how ******* cockpit items are being released when, frequently, there are still games with 3 or more people being completely logged out of the client.

. . .

More typos; a CASE with an XL; a missile boat trial--I'm not visualizing them giving a rat's ass based on their output.

. . .

I couldn't type more angrily.

#113 Rear Admiral Tier 6

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,633 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:12 PM

View PostBilbo, on 05 August 2014 - 09:55 AM, said:

What exactly does this mean:
•External heat transfer: -50%

It means Terra Therma is your best friend

#114 SICk Nick

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 181 posts

Posted 05 August 2014 - 08:55 PM

why do spider MGs look like clan MGs???

#115 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 05 August 2014 - 09:09 PM

Anyone notice the forced red paint in the Spider Mechs?

Posted Image

Posted Image

Posted Image

#116 Black Rabbit of Inle

• PipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 68 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:01 AM

Grndel408

That is because of some amazing (no sarcasm I am actually quite impressed!) following of obscure cannon

and I quote Sarna

"Three and a half tons of armor provide some measure of protection, although most pilots agree that speed is the best defense. The unique armor alignment on the front of the is what gave the 'Mech it's name. This spiderweb pattern is further emphasized by a bright red fiberglass sealant in the seams between armor plates"

Edited by Black Rabbit of Inle, 06 August 2014 - 12:02 AM.

#117 MonkeyCheese

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,045 posts
  • LocationBrisbane Australia

Posted 06 August 2014 - 12:02 AM

Unlock the hero spider already, you know we can all see it in the skill tree and on smurfys...

#118 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:08 AM

Please reduce the usage of Airstrikes and Arty for the next patch.

It gets more and more ridiculous with this massive usage of them.

#119 Asmosis

• Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:16 AM

View PostBishop Six, on 06 August 2014 - 01:08 AM, said:

Please reduce the usage of Airstrikes and Arty for the next patch.

It gets more and more ridiculous with this massive usage of them.
Its a combination of two main things, premium customers earn more cbills than needed to buy basic mechs, and most clan owners own all the mechs they are likely to want for the next 6-12 months so they have no use for the regular cbills they get let alone the premium time that came with the clan packs.

That adds up to a whole bunch of people with OP (for now) mechs and more cbills than they know what to do with, so airstrike/arty is basically no cost to them. so Nope its not going anywhere unless new cbill sinks get implemented.

About the only thing you could hope for is some sort of counter module that either reduces the damage in some way, or delays the strike so you have more time to get out of range. Maybe an advanced ECM module that prevents the artillery from locking on to the target location for example.

Edited by Asmosis, 06 August 2014 - 01:18 AM.

#120 Bishop Six

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Pharaoh
  • The Pharaoh
  • 806 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 06 August 2014 - 01:27 AM

View PostAsmosis, on 06 August 2014 - 01:16 AM, said:

Its a combination of two main things, premium customers earn more cbills than needed to buy basic mechs, and most clan owners own all the mechs they are likely to want for the next 6-12 months so they have no use for the regular cbills they get let alone the premium time that came with the clan packs.

That adds up to a whole bunch of people with OP (for now) mechs and more cbills than they know what to do with, so airstrike/arty is basically no cost to them. so Nope its not going anywhere unless new cbill sinks get implemented.

About the only thing you could hope for is some sort of counter module that either reduces the damage in some way, or delays the strike so you have more time to get out of range. Maybe an advanced ECM module that prevents the artillery from locking on to the target location for example.

Thats true. When a Player got more than 1000 Damage in a match, it is 90 % a Clan-Mech.

And bad players with Premiumtime often use Airstrikes to get their money in...and unfortunately it works fine this way.

PGI has just to increase the price for Consumables, so that a no-look-airstrike or a airstrike on only 2 Mechs is not profitable.
Then it will become a Special-Action again, where you have to wait for the right moment.

And not these bad-players-use-airstrikes-cause-no-skills-matches....

35 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 35 guests, 0 anonymous users