- - - - -

August 8Th Weapon Balance Update And Patch - Feedback

950 replies to this topic

#21 Chavette

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • 2,864 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

Go-to weapon, or useless. Years later, these guys still don't know anything between.

#22 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

The PPC slow down makes me sad. Will have to play it before I comment more but I was hoping for something like the quirk system to be used to address the problems directly, not penalize us all with a global change for the abuses of a few builds.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 07 August 2014 - 06:52 PM.

#23 Daneel Hazen

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 173 posts
  • LocationFlorida

Dearest Devs,
I think this is a bit excessive; I have played many IS mechs I would tell you certainly if the Clan ER was this OP because I value a sense of fair play, truly:
  • C-ERLL heat penalty (Heat Scale multiplier) increased from 3.0 -> 12.0.

#24 Finlos

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 20 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

Are you serious!?! This doesn't fine-tune the C-ER Large Laser, it nerfs it into the frakking ground!

Holding that beam that long at ANY range is going to dangerously expose you on the battlefield. With these changes players are going to have a difficult time to fill long-range energy hardpoints on their mechs.

There have been several good suggestions on these forums for balancing weapons in one sweep. I am not impressed with this solution.

#25 Big Tin Man

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 1,957 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:37 PM

I'm assuming the ghost heat change is going to effect Clan large pulse lasers as well? 2 cLPL's will trigger heat penalty?

RIP Kit Fox.

#26 Aresye

• Heavy Lifter
  • Heavy Lifter
  • 3,462 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:38 PM

Paul Inouye said:

- First off. Reading through the feedback we know that both solutions are not favorable as it will significantly affect PPC behaviour.

- we have decided to give the projectile speed change a chance.

Why ask for feedback in the first place if you're just going to implement it anyway?

Also, way to completely nerf the ER Large into the ground. Now another useless weapon system. What's the point of only being able to fire 1 ER Large without penalty when the 2s duration is going to waste 90% of that damage scattered around.

#27 Adiuvo

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,078 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:39 PM

View PostFupDup, on 07 August 2014 - 06:33 PM, said:

Oh, and by the way, I know the secret to why the Clan ERLL seems so heat efficient. It's because of the beam duration increase. Lasers don't generate their heat upfront, they generate it over the length of their beam. This means that a longer beam means less upfront heat, meaning that your heatsinks can keep up easier.

The numbers:
CERLL pre-nerf: 8.5 heat / 1.5s = 5.66 heat per second (while firing)

CERLL post-nerf: 9.0 heat / 2.0s = 4.5 heat per second (while firing)

For reference:
ISERLL: 8.5 heat / 1.0s = 8.5 heat per second (while firing)

ISML: 4 heat / 1.0s = 4.0 heat per second (while firing)

You just made it more heat efficient, you %$#@%^# $^.

Which is exactly why the 'major' heat scale change isn't that big of a deal.

#28 Godimas

• PipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 26 posts
  • LocationToronto

PPC changes are kind of lame, but whatever. We will adjust. The large laser changes however, are total bs. Only being able to fire one at a time, and having to wait 2 seconds before firing another.... there wont be a point to loading out more then 2 of these, because by the time the second one finishes firing, the first one will be ready to go again. And really... dosent that kind of ruin the whole point? The lasers will then become more efficient over all because people will not be loading out as many, not firing as many, and as such will have more heat to go around :(

Heres the thing, they not... instead of ruin a pretty decent weapon that is by no means the best.... why not buff the IS counterpart? Taking things away from players makes them sad. Which is what you have here. Buffing things makes at least one group of players happy. Isnt some happy people better then no happy people?

Edited by Godimas, 07 August 2014 - 06:41 PM.

#29 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Who cares about that stupid PPCs! I wanted to buy a 9 x CERLL DW in november... :(... But now, with this numbers, I will melt down not just my Mech, but every piece of ice and snow in the Alpine.. :unsure:... Ye,...but, least the Reds will drown with us together.. :angry: Uncool Paul, very uncool!

Edited by Sky Hawk, 07 August 2014 - 06:43 PM.

#30 darkkterror

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 814 posts

Well, if people are using too many ER Large Lasers, I guess nerfing them into oblivion does technically solve that "problem" ....

#31 Madok Pryde

• PipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 39 posts
  • Locationen route to the next DZ

Yay to the slow down on ppc even though it wrecks my warhawk.

On the flip side, what in the ungodly $¥*€ did you do to my cerll? !?!

#32 TercieI

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,147 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Seems like way too much on the CERLL. I'd hope it would be rolled back if it proves to be, but while I can remember buffs being rolled back, I can't ever remember a nerf being rolled back. Rubbish is apparently an OK state for a weapon (MPL, LBX, Flamer), but good isn't. I'll adapt, but this feels cackhanded and artless, as we've come to expect.

#33 Pariah Devalis

• The Clan Cat
  • The Clan Cat
  • 7,655 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationAboard the NCS True Path

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

Are you ******* nuts? Seriously? This is way overboard.

Seriously. OK. You neutered the ERPPC, you make the ERLLas not only an even longer beam duration on an already long beam duration, AND made it so it has an insane ghost heat penalty AND a sooner to trigger ghost heat activation.

I do not normally get angry at the things you guys do, but this is WAY overboard.

SMALL.

CHANGES.

HUGE sweeping changes = BAD.

SMALL changes with HIGH FREQUENCY = GOOD.

The game has been seesawing since inception because you consistently insist on massive changes at once. If you take SMALLER steps you can fine tune the changes. This? This is using a tactical nuke when an ice pick was all that was needed.

Edited by Pariah Devalis, 07 August 2014 - 07:17 PM.

#34 Mr Ezzquizo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Grizzly
  • The Grizzly
  • 106 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostLucian Nostra, on 07 August 2014 - 06:41 PM, said:

quoted deleted post

me toooo
Where's my refund

Edited by Catalina Steiner, 09 August 2014 - 10:57 AM.

#35 Ultimax

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostAresye, on 07 August 2014 - 06:38 PM, said:

Why ask for feedback in the first place if you're just going to implement it anyway?

Also, way to completely nerf the ER Large into the ground. Now another useless weapon system. What's the point of only being able to fire 1 ER Large without penalty when the 2s duration is going to waste 90% of that damage scattered around.

Yeah this isn't a feedback thread, this is an "embrace the suck" thread.

I logged off the game when I read these notes, and pretty much lost interest in playing in the space of the 45s it took me to review the OP.

Apparently using 2x cER LLAS or 1 cERPPC on my Kit Fox was overpowered.

Edited by Ultimatum X, 07 August 2014 - 06:44 PM.

#36 BrotherSharp

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5 posts
  • LocationOrange County, CA

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:43 PM

I would really like to have a ppc closer to lore: Blue lightning. (I really liked MW LL version)

A slow PPC really takes away from how cool that weapon suppose to be. I completely understand the need to balance. I just wish there was another way to do it.

Paul, could you please give us a formal response to Homeless Bill's idea. A energy threshold sounds pretty good to me. If not, I would really appreciate the reason why you don't agree with this. It would help me live with this ultra slow blue blob causally floating through the sky.

RE: http://www.qqmercs.com/?p=3987

I don't know why this Nerf bugs me so much but it has moved me enough to say something for once (I think this is my 3rd post). I really enjoy this game. It's all I play (with what little free time I have). :(

PS: if someone at PGI already has responded to Homeless Bill's idea, a link would be great. Tanks.

Edited by BrotherSharp, 07 August 2014 - 06:45 PM.

#37 Kibble

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 539 posts
  • LocationOakland, CA

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

So much for clan weapons being better.

2 ERLlas now trigger ghost heat, ERPPC slow down....clans get f'ed with this while IS still get thier pinpoint.

After this change we may not need to go to 10vs12 matching Clan vs IS lol!

#38 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

Wow, good thing I sold all my cerLLAS days ago...

#39 Tremendous Upside

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 738 posts

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:45 PM

View PostBig Tin Man, on 07 August 2014 - 06:37 PM, said:

I'm assuming the ghost heat change is going to effect Clan large pulse lasers as well? 2 cLPL's will trigger heat penalty?

RIP Kit Fox.

The Kit Fox still has plenty of other good options for builds - it's pretty flexible. It's the Adder and Stormcrow that will get hammered on this.

#40 fleshwoundNPG

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 303 posts
  • LocationGreencastle, Indiana USA

Posted 07 August 2014 - 06:46 PM

(BTW this does not do much to the upcoming 10v12 matches, but one more mega Clan nerf like this....)

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users