Unaffilated Mercs Rollcall

30 replies to this topic

#1 Karn Bloodstar

• PipPip
  • The Privateer
  • The Privateer
  • 35 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:20 PM

Some Of us mercs who havent played online in an age who are "free agents". I was wondering if there is going to be a place for us to be listed for hire.

As Always gun With a purpose..Karnblood....

#2 Tiburon

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:34 PM

I was wondering if there was going to be a thread for that, too. Might as well make it this one, as long as that's all right with the powers-that-be!

MW3 veteran here, I used to play on the old Star Lance league on the MSN Gaming Zone. Try as I might, I couldn't get into MW4. Just the same, I'm extremely excited about the opportunity to dive into a new installment.

My specialty was the 90-ton Supernova, and I was always a heavy hitter (dual UACs primarily). Big mechs are my preference, and I typically find a mech "off the beaten path" and stick with it. The Supernova definitely qualified, and I'm hoping beyond hope that they consider this underrated mech for MWO! I have no problem doing whatever is asked of me, be it fronting an assault or lingering back for defense. I'm mature, easy to work with, and excited about coordinating with teammates on the battlefield - hopefully in a 90-ton monster.

I ran with HVK and SLDF back in the day, should anyone recall this moniker (I was Tiburon then, as well). While those two units will always be special to me, I'm technically unaffiliated and open for hire. I'm looking forward to finding the right fit!

Edited by Tiburon, 19 November 2011 - 01:36 PM.

#3 Kyll Long

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 356 posts
  • LocationVirginia

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:43 PM

Well for those of ya with yer own mech House Liao is always looking for a few good mercs. McCarron can attest to our generous terms and conditions :)

#4 Mirkk Defwode

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 748 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationSeattle, Wa

Posted 19 November 2011 - 01:53 PM

Veteran of the MW4 NBT League. Played House, Merc, Periphery and Pirate units throughout the lifespan of that title. Specialized in Recon with Guerrilla warfare tactics.

Miss my old Raven, as this is supposed to be set in the first succession war I do believe we won't have that 3055 level of technology yet.

#5 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:49 PM

Was actually thinking of making a merc recruitment topic and asking a mod or admin to make it sticky if it worked. Don't suppose you mind me still making it do you?

#6 John Clavell

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,609 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 02:55 PM

There is a lot of units recruiting, feel free to review their threads. You have a large selection to pick from, many have posted extensive information about their groups, and histories.

#7 Kresten Youngblood

• PipPip
  • 36 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:07 PM

Well Im going to enjoy this new game. I retire from my job at the end of may and have told the wife i will be in hip pocket for all the things she wants to do, but after this is released, her and the kids will need to call and schedule a time they can come into the man cave and interrupt my euphoria.

#8 Strayed

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 266 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 03:09 PM

View PostJohn Clavell, on 19 November 2011 - 02:55 PM, said:

There is a lot of units recruiting, feel free to review their threads. You have a large selection to pick from, many have posted extensive information about their groups, and histories.

Meant about creating a thread for the lazy :)

#9 Threat Doc

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:29 PM

I think a thread, or even a set of dossier pages, would be marvelous for free agents to post on, and then Merc Commanders can interview and hire MechWarriors they need from there. Watch out Recon folks, you're going to be first out of the chute, I'm afraid... everyone's gonna want to snap you up, if they're smart.

Of course (shameless plug), Armageddon Unlimited's going to begin hiring as soon as we get ourselves back together and find out more about how the Merc Corps HQ is going to work.

#10 Sgt Grunt

• Pip
  • 19 posts

Posted 19 November 2011 - 05:55 PM

yea i was looking through the house threads looking for a good house or clan, havent come across a loyalty winner though.

#11 L zard

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 354 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 19 November 2011 - 06:04 PM

View PostSgt Grunt, on 19 November 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

yea i was looking through the house threads looking for a good house or clan, havent come across a loyalty winner though.

Yeah, especially without knowing the details of the rules! I've got the mech2, mech4, mercenaries, mechcommander and all the update disks, but would still like to know the start mechs (if any) and what they plan to use for combat rules, eh?

Edited by L`zard, 19 November 2011 - 08:23 PM.

#12 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 19 November 2011 - 07:56 PM

View PostSgt Grunt, on 19 November 2011 - 05:55 PM, said:

Yes, and that's where the problem comes in, which is why this shouldn't be Merc Corps recruitment, it should be a forum for pilots looking for a place to kick their boots off. Especially since we're likely to wait a while before the Commanders find out about how the Merc Corps HQ is going to work, first. We have, roughly, 9 months before this game is, at present, set to go live. There is time.

For our part, we've yet to get a web site put together, but I have now 8 prospects on our Facebook page, and several more friends/former players with AU that I've contacted and are waiting to hear back from them. In '97-'99 I rushed to get everything done that I could, and the same when we fired up again between '02 and '04; it's been over 7 years, and the prospect of this Merc Corps HQ handling the lion's share of what we used to do on the web by hand, and the fact that I'm not intending to rush into anything, again, may be similar to reasons other commanders have about not getting too hot and heavy, right now.

Don't worry, Big Sarge, you'll have a place to play before MWO launches, I'm pretty certain, especially since everyone will be signing with a House, first, unless they change something between now and then. :)

#13 xXNightBringeRXx

Rookie

• 5 posts

Posted 21 November 2011 - 05:19 AM

View PostMad Pig, on 19 November 2011 - 02:04 PM, said:

oooh oooh.. mememememe!

Is this the Mad Pig that always ran a lbx Thor? Old name!

#14 SLxBeowulf

• PipPipPip
  • The Butcher
  • The Butcher
  • 58 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGeorgia, US

Posted 22 November 2011 - 07:53 AM

Hey Tib long time no see!

#15 SilentWolff

• The God of Death
  • The God of Death
  • 2,174 posts
  • LocationNew Las Vegas

Posted 22 November 2011 - 09:31 AM

View PostTiburon, on 19 November 2011 - 01:34 PM, said:

I was wondering if there was going to be a thread for that, too. Might as well make it this one, as long as that's all right with the powers-that-be!

MW3 veteran here, I used to play on the old Star Lance league on the MSN Gaming Zone. Try as I might, I couldn't get into MW4. Just the same, I'm extremely excited about the opportunity to dive into a new installment.

I ran with HVK and SLDF back in the day, should anyone recall this moniker (I was Tiburon then, as well). While those two units will always be special to me, I'm technically unaffiliated and open for hire. I'm looking forward to finding the right fit!

Wow, sup Tiburon, havent seen your name in along time, but I remember ya back in the MW3 zone days. Good to see another old timer kicking round the boards!

#16 Tiburon

• Pip
  • 14 posts
  • LocationNew Orleans

Posted 22 November 2011 - 04:27 PM

Hey guys! ^_^ Man, visiting this place is like going back in a ten-year time warp. It's awesome to see y'all again!

#17 Hades Trooper

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,461 posts
  • LocationWillow Tree, NSW

Posted 11 December 2011 - 12:40 AM

it's been that long i don't even rember my old callsign

#18 Gorith

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 476 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 01:33 AM

View PostKarn Bloodstar, on 19 November 2011 - 01:20 PM, said:

Some Of us mercs who havent played online in an age who are "free agents". I was wondering if there is going to be a place for us to be listed for hire.

As Always gun With a purpose..Karnblood....

This theres the hireing hall but that seems to be for people who leagued in the previous games.

I personally never played any of the mechwarrior games online (though I have played them all and have played CBT for years)

My problem is I'm looking for something specific in a corp. I'm looking for a group that takes their playtime very serious. And I don't mean just to the point of crunching the numbers I mean running training together to the point of special forces precision, pouring over statistics and battle maps, With a clear cut on field chain of command and where it's about ability not popularity and where the "your as good as the weakest link" mentality is personified, and considering surrender is blasphemy.

At this point in gaming I am very tired of playing games and feeling like I am being held back because I'm the only person in the group that's committed to being the best and willing to go to great lengths to ensure I am the best.

You may say don't play a game like it's your job. but you know what doing all the things I've listed above is enjoyable to me. Maybe I'm just hardwired to give everything I do every ounce of willpower I have but it's what I enjoy and can't seem to find a home for myself in any of the games I've played.

Well taht wasn't intended to turn into a rant but it did ohwell... post on

#19 AesirSW

Rookie

• 2 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:48 AM

Yeah, I'm unaffiliated as well.
Hello.
On an unrelated topic, has anyone figured out how to set an avatar here yet?

#20 John Clavell

• 1,609 posts

Posted 11 December 2011 - 08:52 AM

View Postpsychoticbacofoil, on 11 December 2011 - 08:48 AM, said:

Yeah, I'm unaffiliated as well.
Hello.
On an unrelated topic, has anyone figured out how to set an avatar here yet?

They can't be set at all yet. The feature is not finished / activated yet.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users