Unit Pre-Registration Discussion

61 replies to this topic

#21 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:15 PM

I know this is your "phase one" of Community Warfare, but you may want to take a hint from RSI on how do it properly the first time. Not like the first UI, which you later had to take over a year re-design.

#22 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

Is it required to have a recruitment thread?

#23 Chief Tigris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 281 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed Location

Posted 13 August 2014 - 06:58 PM

View PostRoland, on 13 August 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

Is it required to have a recruitment thread?

It appears so.

#24 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:04 PM

I'm hoping to get some confirmation from Niko, as we do our recruiting through the game itself and our website. Before bothering to make a thread, is like some confirmation on whether it is really required.

#25 Chief Tigris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 281 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed Location

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:13 PM

View PostRoland, on 13 August 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

I'm hoping to get some confirmation from Niko, as we do our recruiting through the game itself and our website. Before bothering to make a thread, is like some confirmation on whether it is really required.

Here is a small snippet pertaining to your query.

Pre-Registration Rules

You must be the leader / owner of your Unit to pre-register.
  • You must provide a Unit Name and Tag in the Application thread.
  • You must provide a URL to your earliest Recruitment or Unit Info post on our forums.
  • Your unit name must conform to the rules listed below regarding both content and Lore-based names.
So according to Niko, yes. It is a must OR unit info posted within the MWO forums.

http://mwomercs.com/...stration-rules/

Edited by Chief Thunder, 13 August 2014 - 07:14 PM.

#26 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:21 PM

Yes, i did in fact read that. I'd like confirmation from Niko, and if required, I'm curious as to why.

Presumably, it's to ensure that folks don't just camp names for units they are not affiliated, but in that case having a whole separate website would be more than enough proof.

#27 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:32 PM

View PostRoland, on 13 August 2014 - 07:21 PM, said:

Yes, i did in fact read that. I'd like confirmation from Niko, and if required, I'm curious as to why.

Presumably, it's to ensure that folks don't just camp names for units they are not affiliated, but in that case having a whole separate website would be more than enough proof.

Or if half your unit is banned, its hard to have such threads.

#28 Opus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,671 posts
  • LocationI am not here. why the **** are you looking here?

Posted 13 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

Question: Lone Wolfs Support Group, has spawned over 6 units in our 2 years in supporting Solo Pilots

and is currently sponsoring 4 in growing stages, can I register them now for those groups? linking the actual leaders till they get their own websites setup?

edit: maybe I should have posted this in the concerns thread, ????

Edited by Opus, 13 August 2014 - 07:48 PM.

#29 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 13 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

View PostRoland, on 13 August 2014 - 07:04 PM, said:

I'd be looking to modify your unit name as I had to Roland... wouldn't be hard to get a recruitment thread started with a couple things about your unit and later expand upon it ;)

#30 ShoveI

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 208 posts
  • LocationSolaris

Posted 13 August 2014 - 09:46 PM

Will we be able to move our units into one of the houses when they become available? Or will we have to start all over by forming a specific house unit?

#31 Mangeras

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,442 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationEmsland in Germanien

Posted 13 August 2014 - 10:59 PM

My Unit is based upon my Conmunity that growed out of my YT Channel. But i cannot pre register because i did not make a recriutment post? Man that sucks :-(

#32 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 13 August 2014 - 11:10 PM

View PostShoveI, on 13 August 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

Will we be able to move our units into one of the houses when they become available? Or will we have to start all over by forming a specific house unit?

I would think they will roll this out for House and Clan units as well, it'd be logical at least lol ;)

#33 AlexEss

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,491 posts
  • Locationthe ol north

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:05 AM

View PostShoveI, on 13 August 2014 - 09:46 PM, said:

I would think this one falls under "unknown at this time," But they have said that the goal is that you could "turn coat" and change faction... But since the house units are said to be working like NPC run groups that anyone can join my guess is you can change employer as a merc corp but to join a house unit you will have to disband and join separately.

Edited by AlexEss, 14 August 2014 - 12:06 AM.

#34 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:01 AM

I think that with so many groups already submitting precisely 36 digit names, you should probably consider upping the count to 36 officially.

#35 LaserAngel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Angel
  • The Angel
  • 889 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:10 AM

View PostVassago Rain, on 14 August 2014 - 02:01 AM, said:

I think that with so many groups already submitting precisely 36 digit names, you should probably consider upping the count to 36 officially.

It might be an issue displaying it inside of UI 2.0. Like the width of all those characters in the space they decided to display it.

#36 Hellzero

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Phoenix
  • The Phoenix
  • 118 posts

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:31 AM

It was a pleasant surprise 3am in the morning; during the heaviest thunderstorms, as you're browsing on your cellphone in the Internet; that they've let in the Unit Registration in here.

- It was even more pleasing to see that "I got as a Founder to do it before the rest of the world", with other Founders.
- It was even more surprising that it seems that in the past months it feels like PGI has pulled more "one rope"; and been more open than in the past years that I've had the privilege to be a part of this community.

So all I can say is:
- It seems that in the past month/months everything has been "more on line", with what I have wanted to see; and what I have hoped to see from this game/community; even if there has been criticism raised on a regular basis all across the board.

- Everything seems to be going mainly to the right direction for PGI(like getting Niko Snow back among us; Buckton Fix & the implementation of the Clans on a general level);
even if there's a high degree of uncertainty what will happen after the CW hits us. But I for one await it with great eagerness.

Thank you and Good Night!

Edited by Hellzero, 14 August 2014 - 04:32 AM.

#37 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 14 August 2014 - 04:41 AM

I'll echo the issues with smaller tags here.

Adding even just one character to the tags gives you a lot more options- along with allowing for 4-character tags with a unique modifier for large units.

See if they can squeeze in a little more room on that?

Edited by wanderer, 14 August 2014 - 04:42 AM.

#38 Monsoon

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,631 posts
  • LocationToronto, On aka Kathil

Posted 14 August 2014 - 07:27 AM

View PostWar Steiner, on 13 August 2014 - 03:39 PM, said:

Wow, you just don't get it. Must be my poor schoolin' (Florida education). My apologies... I'm asking "Why"? Is there a plan afoot haven't or you are not telling us? Sure, you tell us how to circumvent the rules. OK, I get it. What is the thinking behind it? Will there be canon units down the road we should be waiting for? Are you planning to seed canon units in to established teams? Should I establish us as a single regiment or 3 separate battalions (each with it's own Commander)? Just trying to get as much information as possible to make educated decisions that we wont have to go slumming back to PGI requesting changes be made later.

In some of the old NGNG Podcasts Russel (IIRC) talked about rewards to players building up status (or whatever term you'd like to use), with perks like joining (or becoming affiliated with) the Wolf's Dragoons or other units. Now that was ages ago, and plans change and I'm doubtful we'll hear much about it until they're ready to start implementing it into the game.

#39 Mark Brandhauber

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 291 posts
  • LocationYorkshire United Kingdom

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:06 AM

Anyone know what it will cost us in c-bills to set up a unit, anyone know?

#40 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 14 August 2014 - 10:27 AM

View PostMark Brandhauber, on 14 August 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Anyone know what it will cost us in c-bills to set up a unit, anyone know?

The last twitter response I saw said they had removed that initial cost to set up.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users