#41 Grendel408

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 14 August 2014 - 11:41 AM

View PostBlackfang, on 14 August 2014 - 10:27 AM, said:

The last twitter response I saw said they had removed that initial cost to set up.

So... why can't they post all relevant information regarding this on the MWO website and not on Twitter or Reddit or Facebook... why not here? PGI has improved some of their ability to communicate through the website here... but still opt to post things on social media websites and neglect their fan/client base here.

#42 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:39 PM

View PostGrendel408, on 14 August 2014 - 11:41 AM, said:

So... why can't they post all relevant information regarding this on the MWO website and not on Twitter or Reddit or Facebook... why not here? PGI has improved some of their ability to communicate through the website here... but still opt to post things on social media websites and neglect their fan/client base here.

I'd like to draw your attention to this post here, please note the features mentioned about creating a unit. There is no mention of a minimum player requirement OR the costs involved to create it. It does however mention that players can donate to the unit coffers if they choose and the coffers are set for a future feature release. :D

#43 Raggedyman

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,278 posts
  • LocationFreedonia Institute of Mech Husbandry

Posted 14 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

Quick question: does a unit have to be a single faction or can it be mixed? I'm thinking more Kurita and Merc corps / all IS or Clan rather than Clan Ghostbear and Marik (for example).

#44 Grendel408

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,611 posts
  • LocationBay Area, California

Posted 14 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostBlackfang, on 14 August 2014 - 12:39 PM, said:

I'd like to draw your attention to this post here, please note the features mentioned about creating a unit. There is no mention of a minimum player requirement OR the costs involved to create it. It does however mention that players can donate to the unit coffers if they choose and the coffers are set for a future feature release. :D

Right... I get that. What I was referring to was how you can find new information about MWO posted on social media sites hours or even longer before it's posted on the MWO here... NGNG is famous for getting info first before the players. It's just my experience with most business models is that all relevant information regarding the product is posted on the hosted website, and then advertised outside that venue.

#45 Chief Tigris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 281 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed Location

Posted 14 August 2014 - 06:13 PM

My original question was never answered... :(

#46 Juvat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 671 posts
  • LocationIn the Mechbay tinkering with my Mechs...

Posted 14 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

Simple solution to the tag issue... allow them to be color coded. Fixes the issue (can't take credit for the idea though one of my merc corps buds ufoninja7 said it in TS when we were talking about this).

#47 Chief Tigris

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Death Star
  • Death Star
  • 281 posts
  • LocationUndisclosed Location

Posted 17 August 2014 - 12:02 PM

I thought this was a thread where we could get answers to our questions...

#48 Yel Lo Wang

• Pip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 12 posts

Posted 17 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

Someone highlighted this earlier but he didn't get a reply. Why are we forced to have a recruitment thread? I'm running a closed group.

Oh well, I'll just be spamming the forum with that thread then.

#49 Davers

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,886 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCanada

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:19 PM

View PostChief Thunder, on 17 August 2014 - 12:02 PM, said:

I thought this was a thread where we could get answers to our questions...

It's funny how everyone is preregistering, but we still don't know any real information about units yet. It feels like the Clan sale all over again.

#50 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 17 August 2014 - 10:26 PM

View PostDavers, on 17 August 2014 - 10:19 PM, said:

It's funny how everyone is preregistering, but we still don't know any real information about units yet. It feels like the Clan sale all over again.

Didn't we already get unit info? http://mwomercs.com/...-unit-creation/

Or more info on a units interaction with CW?

http://mwomercs.com/...e-and-roll-out/

I guess a Dev Vlog would better serve.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 17 August 2014 - 10:30 PM.

#51 Zyllos

• 2,818 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:08 PM

I think players want an official statement from PGI that this unit registration is for something specific:

House unit, Merc unit (loyal to a single House or otherwise), or Clans.

Also, I have not seen a good "official" statement saying that unit registration needs to be done with the correct faction selected.

Is this post considered official?

http://mwomercs.com/...ost__p__3618817

Russ Bullock said:

Update:

There are a lot of questions from Clan units asking how much this first module will apply to them, thankfully the answer is that it will.

By Example when you create a unit it will take on the faction of the individual that created it. Therefore if a clan Ghost Bear member starts a unit it will be a CGB unit. Also inside of this unit those with permissions can rename all of the ranks. For instance you can rename the standard "Captain" into some clanner title. With these abilities I think Clan units will be able to use this system to great effect.

Does this mean that if you want to use Clan mechs, you need to to register the unit while under a Clan faction? Or can a Merc unit be signed up and expect to have Clan mechs, regardless of what selected faction is made?

Edited by Zyllos, 18 August 2014 - 01:15 PM.

#52 Stickjock

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 2,687 posts
  • LocationPetal, MS

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:13 AM

One question and answer I may have missed...

Is there a "member" limit for Units?? A lot of us know that tank game and it has a 100 member limit on units... ugh... talk about a headache... no limit would be very nice...

#53 Duke Hector

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 302 posts
  • LocationNistus

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:43 AM

the biggest question that i have for you guys is when you put in decals and insignia will we be able to custom stuff to use them as our logo?

i ask this because my logo in my sig was created by me for this game. and i want to use it, not some heart, or crying panda, octopus, beehive or a rook.

and i'm sure there are others merc corps who express the same concern and who also made logos for this game who want to use their artwork on their mechs.

you guys DID say in an older ask the devs we WOULD be able to put custom artwork on our mechs.

Edited by Dan the Ice Man, 19 August 2014 - 08:46 AM.

#54 Hurthammer

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 51 posts
  • LocationParts Unknown

Posted 19 August 2014 - 12:35 PM

View PostHoward78, on 17 August 2014 - 05:57 PM, said:

Someone highlighted this earlier but he didn't get a reply. Why are we forced to have a recruitment thread? I'm running a closed group.

Oh well, I'll just be spamming the forum with that thread then.

Same, we pick up a few guys here and there but are mainly a group of RL friends from all over the country that play as a group. We don't really "recruit" as it were. We're all over the place with our factions. Why the recruitment thread?

#55 Naduk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,575 posts
  • LocationAustralia

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:15 PM

View PostInkara, on 17 August 2014 - 02:31 PM, said:

So I have a question regarding the length of how long a name will be reserved until it is open for anyone to take said name. Reason I ask, our CO had a vacation set up well before the announcement of when formation could take place. So, he is on vacation now, and will be for the next week. If the affiliation module comes out on the early anticipated date of the 19th, we will not be able to form until he is back, unless the "hold" on the name goes away after a day or two, then I could form us up, unless of course, it takes till the end of next week for them to release it, he should be back by then, and it becomes a moot point.

Leadership of a unit can be transfered after it is created
So you could just snag your name now in pre-reg and pass the leadership later

But if your not worried about someone else pinching your unit name then its no drama and just let the CO do when they get back

#56 Taifune

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 186 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

Concerning Unit Name length: is the maximum number of characters 36 chars, as stated in the template here:

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 13 August 2014 - 02:27 PM, said:

Please provide the following information to Pre-Register:
Unit Name (max 36 char.):
Unit Tag (max. 4 char.):
Forum Recruitment URL:
Fanpage URL (optional):

or 35 chars, as in the opening post here:

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz said:

Regarding Unit Names and Tags:
  • Unit Names must be between 1 and 35 Characters long.

This is important to us, as our (new) unshortened unit name would be exactly 36 characters long.

Edited by Taifune, 19 August 2014 - 02:30 PM.

#57 Lily from animove

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 13,891 posts
  • LocationOn a dropship to Terra

Posted 20 August 2014 - 12:41 AM

What about a player being a merc founding a Unit?

How will they work? will they be able to play clanmechs for the clanside? or will they have to play IS mechs for IS? or how will it work?

Or can mercs somehow choose at unit cretaion if they are clan mercs or House mercs? (But I doubt it somehow)

Edited by Lily from animove, 20 August 2014 - 01:57 AM.

#58 Joshua McEvedy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ogre
  • The Ogre
  • 491 posts
  • LocationDuchy of Oriente, Free Worlds League

Posted 26 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

OK, I just saw the approved list and our unit, 4th Oriente Hussars-FWLM, was redded-out/disallowed (#374). I'm assuming that was because of the "FWLM" in the name since I also saw that our sister units "4th Regulan Hussars To the Knife," "1st Free Worlds Guards -The Eagles," and the "Free Worlds League Militia" were accepted.

What do we need to do to revise and resubmit? Would "4th Oriente Hussars-Recondo" or "4th Oriente Hussars-Voice in the Dark" be acceptable?

Edited by Joshua McEvedy, 26 August 2014 - 06:37 AM.

#59 stevemac

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 415 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationWazan Meat Grinder

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:30 AM

View PostJoshua McEvedy, on 26 August 2014 - 06:24 AM, said:

OK, I just saw the approved list and our unit, 4th Oriente Hussars-FWLM, was redded-out/disallowed (#374). I'm assuming that was because of the "FWLM" in the name since I also saw that our sister units "4th Regulan Hussars To the Knife," "1st Free Worlds Guards -The Eagles," and the "Free Worlds League Militia" were accepted.

What do we need to do to revise and resubmit? Would "4th Oriente Hussars-Recondo" or "4th Oriente Hussars-Voice in the Dark" be acceptable?

where is this list?

#60 Acid Reptile

• Pip
  • Big Brother
  • 11 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 10:43 AM

Posted Image

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users