Mechbay Challenge!

145 replies to this topic

#81 PanzerSmurf

• PipPipPip
  • 56 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:08 AM

I'm pretty sure my JENNER is not on that list, yet I have received a additional mech bay o.0

Scratch that the D model is on the list, now I'm just mad I didn't wait a day with buying it xD

Edited by PanzerSmurf, 16 August 2014 - 05:09 AM.

#82 Asha Burnett

• Pip
  • 12 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

Thanks for adding assists to the count, took me today around three hours.

Edited by Asha Burnett, 16 August 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#83 PilgrimX

• PipPip
  • 42 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:44 AM

Thanks for this one PGI!

As a player of lights/mediums I can get kills but tend to not get many... adding in a points system rewards what I do (screen the big guys and provide force multiplication)

Now if we could train everyone to press the r button and have spot assists count as well ;)

#84 Chroma-Matic

• Pip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 18 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:50 AM

Okay, my Hellslinger is labeled as a 1G....will it count towards this challenge?

#85 Brienne

• PipPipPip
  • 93 posts
  • LocationFrog heaven

Posted 16 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

Once challenge completed, nothing to do to get the mech bay?
No redeem code thing...?
Just got to wait?

#86 Kivatu

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 63 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:10 AM

View PostDeathlike, on 15 August 2014 - 12:04 PM, said:

That's specifically geared towards "Sarah's Jenner", not hero mechs.

i miss those sarah jenner,, wish ppl will use it once in a blue moon out in the field

#87 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

View PostKingCobra, on 16 August 2014 - 06:17 AM, said:

players cant use them because the DireGays and TimberTards melt/kill them in 1 shot. PGI screwed up the game balance big time by not fixing all the InnerSphere mechs to compete better with the Clan mechs.

Somehow I think that if a Jenner is consistently so vulnerable to mechs that move less than half of its speed, its the pilot doing something wrong. [redacted]

Edited by Marvyn Dodgers, 16 August 2014 - 10:30 AM.
Unconstructive

#88 Son of the Flood

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • The Messenger
  • 397 posts
  • LocationTier 3 basement - searching for funyuns and mountain dew

Posted 16 August 2014 - 06:49 AM

View PostBrienne, on 16 August 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

Once challenge completed, nothing to do to get the mech bay?
No redeem code thing...?
Just got to wait?

That's right, just wait and it will automatically redeem. Took about 15 minutes for me. You will get a notification.

#89 bossclan

• PipPipPip
  • The Mercenary
  • The Mercenary
  • 89 posts
  • LocationIndiana United States

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:07 AM

I kick arse in my Jenner even against clan mechs,imo the meta build IS mechs are more scary.
Yes if i stand still and let them have a shot at me i will die fast but that is not the way you play a light mech.

#90 DoomEngine

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 123 posts
  • Locationsomewhere on Old Kentucky

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

i, for one, have been enjoying the challenge weekends. having to bring certain chassis i think gets people out of their comfort zone with their favorite uber-mechs.

#91 Catra Lanis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 1,182 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:15 AM

Must say I like this better than last weeks, for an average player like me that felt like a job although I completed it. This is much less stressful and I can actually enjoy the matches.

Like somebody said maybe it should be tiers. 50=Just a simple badge/title, 100=mechbay, 200=free ordinary mech of choice etc. By setting the first tier low you ensure that more people feel like they got something out of the challenge even if they did not win the big prize and that might be good for both business and community in the long run.

Edited by Catra Lanis, 16 August 2014 - 07:15 AM.

#92 FlipOver

• Bad Company
  • 1,135 posts
  • LocationIsland Continent of Galicia, Poznan

Posted 16 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

Better challenge than the Steiner one.
Although I think 5 point for a kill is too much in a scale from 0 to 100.
May I suggest next time a kill is worth 2 points and the assist 1?

#93 Motroid

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 261 posts
  • Locationmost likely gone

Posted 16 August 2014 - 08:12 AM

Mechbay challenge closes Sunday or Tuesday?
Sry if I've missed out on something but it says both in the announcement...
Edit: Profilestats/Challenge indicates Tuesdays and factoring in PGI typos in previous announcements it will probably end Tuesdays...as written in the text below the picture.

Edited by Motroid, 16 August 2014 - 08:20 AM.

#94 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

yet again

(as with every single event ever run by PGI)

STOP MAKING THEM ABOUT KILLS
MAKE THEM ABOUT WINS
YOU DO REALIZE THE OBJECTIVE OF THE GAME THAT YOU HAVE DESIGNED IS TO WIN THE MATCH RIGHT?
smh

#95 Grayson Sortek

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 371 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 09:58 AM

View PostCatra Lanis, on 16 August 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

Must say I like this better than last weeks, for an average player like me that felt like a job although I completed it. This is much less stressful and I can actually enjoy the matches.

Like somebody said maybe it should be tiers. 50=Just a simple badge/title, 100=mechbay, 200=free ordinary mech of choice etc. By setting the first tier low you ensure that more people feel like they got something out of the challenge even if they did not win the big prize and that might be good for both business and community in the long run.

I agree, it is a lot less stressful and I don't see people bickering over who stole kills and crap like that. I've actually seen a LOT more teamwork this weekend because people are just as happy to get a kill/assist mix as they are to get straight up kills. I tend to run LRM boats a lot more than anything else, and this time around I've had people thank me for helping them get a kill (I will purposefully focus down on their target, but not shoot the kill shot if someone asks for help because they are really close to finishing the challenge). Thank you so much for listening to your player base PGI!

Catra I totally agree with the tiered system idea, but maybe space it out with 50-100-150-200? 50 = a House color or a House cockpit item, 100 = light'mech + mechbay, 150 = medium'mech + mechbay, 200 = heavy'mech + mechbay? The 'Mechs of course would be faction favorites. I'm just brainstorming, so if someone has a better idea that follows the tier system then please share with the community!

#96 LwFlashPt

• PipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 25 posts
  • LocationUnknow

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

Notice: Progress updates are delayed by 15 minutes.

More them 12 hours. I kill, assistt and no progress. Very nice PGI ;)

#97 TOGSolid

• 1,212 posts
  • LocationJuneau, Alaska

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:53 AM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 15 August 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

Much better already, I can tell. Assist points means more lights and mediums, less people missile-boating to "steal" kills (though LRMs still benefit)

Which I don't quite get. LRMs are the worst at getting kills in the first place and yet people are boating them. If you want kills then you get way more mileage out of laser boating thanks to the burn time and great damage.

#98 Onmyoudo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Scythe
  • The Scythe
  • 955 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 10:55 AM

View PostFlipOver, on 16 August 2014 - 07:30 AM, said:

Better challenge than the Steiner one.
Although I think 5 point for a kill is too much in a scale from 0 to 100.
May I suggest next time a kill is worth 2 points and the assist 1?

The kills are worth 5 points because it's equivalent to last week's challenge - 20 kills for a mechbay. The difference is you can make it up in assists for this one if you're no good at finishing/killsteals.

View PostGrayson Sortek, on 16 August 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

Catra I totally agree with the tiered system idea, but maybe space it out with 50-100-150-200? 50 = a House color or a House cockpit item, 100 = light'mech + mechbay, 150 = medium'mech + mechbay, 200 = heavy'mech + mechbay? The 'Mechs of course would be faction favorites. I'm just brainstorming, so if someone has a better idea that follows the tier system then please share with the community!

The problem with this is that you don't really have any escalation, especially if they intend on doing this stuff more regularly. To be honest I'm surprised they're giving away as many mechbays as they are (expecting a lot of clans bought for c-bills and trying to nudge it along a bit, I imagine) but with the rough outline you've described that would be an incredibly easy 2 free mechs per event. I completed the challenge in less than 10 games today, and while I'd love to have 2 mechs handed to me for simply playing 20 games it seems a little bit extreme. The challenge might be more along the lines of:

100 points: Faction item (Marik, in this case)
200 points: One Faction colour
300 points: Other two faction colours
400 points: Mechbay
500 points: Marik favoured mech, additional mechbay (AWS-9M for example)

With a scale like: Assist; 2 points, Kill; 5 points, Spot/Tag/Narc; 1 point, Win; 5 bonus points, Match top score; 10 bonus points. Maybe 2 more bonus points per cap on Assault/Conquest or something, too.

View PostLwFlashPt, on 16 August 2014 - 10:14 AM, said:

Notice: Progress updates are delayed by 15 minutes.

More them 12 hours. I kill, assistt and no progress. Very nice PGI ;)

Are you sure you're using one of the correct mechs?

View PostTOGSolid, on 16 August 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

Which I don't quite get. LRMs are the worst at getting kills in the first place and yet people are boating them. If you want kills then you get way more mileage out of laser boating thanks to the burn time and great damage.

They're handy for killstealing at the end of a game, due to indirect fire and range.

#99 luxebo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,342 posts

Posted 16 August 2014 - 11:32 AM

Just gonna say that thank you PGI for such a challenge, as it provided something minor, but leads way to CW well. Have to give it to you guys, as it is well planned before CW and a good transition directly to CW. ;)

#100 Baltor

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 87 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 16 August 2014 - 12:45 PM

In the Steiner Challenge the Atlas, one of the best know Steiner mechs, was excluded to prevent Steiner 'scout' lances. But now it is Marik Challenge and the Atlas is included ? ;)

18 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 18 guests, 0 anonymous users