#101 Nayonac

• PipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 81 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationKorriban

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:11 AM

Sounds like people are just greedy, live with the fact that the prizes are what they are and be thankful for that ! Now get back to playing and enjoy the game!

#102 Arn0ldSchwarzenegger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 198 posts
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, England

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:51 AM

I love the fact metalab liked his own post too hahaha #stayinclassy

#103 Modo44

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 3,559 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:13 AM

View PostArn0ldSchwarzenegger, on 17 August 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Why cant it just end... My eyes are starting to burn and my friends no longer like me because I've turned into a sick twisted individual... I'm a broken soul :'(

And you love it.

#104 Catalina Steiner

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 2,119 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationNagelring Academy

Posted 18 August 2014 - 02:28 AM

I feel relieved that this tournament is one of the last real iron man experiences you have on this earth. ;)

View PostArn0ldSchwarzenegger, on 17 August 2014 - 11:00 PM, said:

Why cant it just end... My eyes are starting to burn and my friends no longer like me because I've turned into a sick twisted individual... I'm a broken soul :'(

#105 ImagineDwagons

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 81 posts
  • LocationKiev

Posted 18 August 2014 - 03:35 AM

I feel lucky that I did not have time to spend for this tourney cause otherwise I would spend it all )

#106 Celthora

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 95 posts
  • LocationTurkey

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:02 AM

Please put a countdown to leadership page next time. So people who live far away from usa would see how much time remaining easily.

#107 SovietArmada

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • 261 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 04:03 AM

View PostCelthora, on 18 August 2014 - 04:02 AM, said:

Please put a countdown to leadership page next time. So people who live far away from usa would see how much time remaining easily.

17 hours left time of this post

Edited by SovietArmada, 18 August 2014 - 04:03 AM.

#108 Vector

• PipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • 41 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:15 AM

whats the point of even trying to compete when I get desync in every other match, if I'm lucky I I warp into the middle of the enemy team, unlucky, I have to reconnect usually to see my mech blow up!

ffs

#109 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:12 AM

I hope I have enough time tonight when I get home to put a good couple matches in. I managed to get to #21 IS medium Saturday night but fell back to #28 by last night. Was just not getting the numbers I needed to hold yesterday. This morning I have slid to #36.

Hoping I can improve and finish out strong but regardless it has been fun.

Edited by DarthPeanut, 18 August 2014 - 06:16 AM.

#110 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:27 AM

I think I broke the high 50s at some point on Lights (finally decided to grind my Jenners past Master), then switched up Heavies (I'm shooting for that Heavy Assist achievement). Was somewhere in the 200s. Sooo...I guess I'm not Elite.

D:

#111 Galenit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

From 13 (at friday night) in is assault down to 65, but i have played only a few games the last two days.

My first and my last tournamet.
The time you need to invest over 3 days is more, then i am willing to invest in a game.
(Thats why have only played a few games since friday night.
I have rl things that matter a lot more then a game for me)

To bad there is no component for the numbers of matches but making it a tie breaker.
Would be more interesting if the score was made the average score from all matches played.

10 out of as much as you can rewards time invested,
10 out of 50 or 100 would even that to some degree.
Average score out of at least 10 games would be most fair.

Edited by Galenit, 18 August 2014 - 06:57 AM.

#112 Tarogato

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 6,557 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:37 AM

View PostGalenit, on 18 August 2014 - 06:44 AM, said:

From 13 (at friday night) in is assault down to 65, but i have played only a few games the last two days.

My first and my last tournamet.
The time you need to invest over 3 days is more, then i am willing to invest in a game.
(Thats why have only played a few games since friday night.
I have rl things that matter a lot more then a game for me)

To bad there is no component for the numbers of matches but making it a tie breaker.
Would be more interesting if the score was made the average score from all matches played.

10 out of as much as you can rewards time invested,
10 out of 50 or 100 would even that to some degree.
Average score out of at least 10 games would be most fair.

Indeed, this contest has gone a bit too long. I was #48 in IS lights Friday night and by Saturday evening I was #124. Had to grind back up and now I'm sitting at #84 and it's really hard to maintain. I have to keep playing more and more games and stealing more and more kills. I have a feeling the top 50 lights are just very efficient KSers, because the amount of time I spent on this is extraordinary. A "your best 10 matches out of your first 50" would be pretty fun and painless way to do this in the future.

#113 Revis Volek

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:51 AM

Yea this contest is kinda goofy....its more luck then anything.

You most lucky 10 games are what get you the wins. I agree that it should also be your best 10 outta outta a small amount. Not just play all weekend and those with more time and thus better odds of getting kill steals and STOMP games will have better chances at placing higher in the brackets.

Some flaws, still glad they are doing SOMETHING....been bored since April.

#114 ShinVector

Liao Mercenary

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 3,711 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:03 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 18 August 2014 - 07:51 AM, said:

Yea this contest is kinda goofy....its more luck then anything.

Not really for the best Heavy/Assault pilots though. Wheres Proton ?
He would have made and interesting challenger there.

#115 Arn0ldSchwarzenegger

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 198 posts
  • LocationHigh Wycombe, England

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

View PostTarogato, on 18 August 2014 - 07:37 AM, said:

I have to keep playing more and more games and stealing more and more kills. I have a feeling the top 50 lights are just very efficient KSers,

So your admitting to stealing, the thing is the best players, obviously including myself in this. Dont need to steal kills, the amount of games where I've had an lrm boat or the such like take kills from me that i have worked solo is horrendous. Im not being funny but doing 1k dmg+ in a light, does not suggest your stealing kills, it suggest you worked your bollocks off trying not to get killed whilst maintaining damage on an enemy, its Fkin hard work and suggesting I just go around stealing kills is very patronising. I'm sure Ed would feel the same way.

Yes there are lucky games, things have to go the right way, your team cant generally be full of other good players, spreads the kills etc. but as for getting them kills and the damage isnt luck, its a lot of skill. Watch Edmiester on twitch and you will see, theres very little luck when it comes to getting the kills and damage. Stomp games are pretty crap for getting high scores, its the close games where you get the points, where your pilot skill stands out amongst the crowd

Edited by Arn0ldSchwarzenegger, 18 August 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#116 DarthPeanut

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 861 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:08 AM

Having a longer period of run time actually 'should' filter more of the above average high scoring games out for a given person who normally does not score that high... and obviously those consistent top scores will rise to the top.

The added mechbay challenge and 10 v 12 private match testing all in this same weekend was a little much I think though. Seemed like lurm Stalkers and Atlas D going for the bay where in force for instance. 10 v 12 probably did not affect things to much other than those people might have been focusing on the testing over participating in the tournament.

Looking at the leader board... I do not think there is any question about why those players are on top.

ETA: I kinda wish they would give results for the top 50 of each category when all said and done... mostly cause that is the only way I might be able to show. ;)

Edited by DarthPeanut, 18 August 2014 - 08:16 AM.

#117 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:21 AM

Honestly, I'll be a little glad when this one is over. Every time there's a kill- or assist-based contest (which, face it, they all are), the LRMs come out and even with ECM and cover, it becomes a game of "sit in cover and wait for it to stop raining." And if you happen to get caught out in the open for more than a second, you're just doomed.

The weapons are far more balanced (or at least not so monolithic) during non-contest times.

#118 Vimeous

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 191 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:59 AM

View PostDawnstealer, on 18 August 2014 - 08:21 AM, said:

Honestly, I'll be a little glad when this one is over. Every time there's a kill- or assist-based contest (which, face it, they all are), the LRMs come out and even with ECM and cover, it becomes a game of "sit in cover and wait for it to stop raining." And if you happen to get caught out in the open for more than a second, you're just doomed.

The weapons are far more balanced (or at least not so monolithic) during non-contest times.

Since the last tournament the lrm dynamic has changed.
I've found a much more boom-and-bust environment where lrms are either able to dominate or be completely neutralised.

A change in ECM use is a large factor as is the increasing use of radar-derp. I've not seen more ECM mechs but seen a big swing to Kit Foxes - their lower speed encourages them to snipe from within the main force making them more generally effective than faster IS ECM mechs (tendency to flit between groups and sniping).
The drop in target recognition is doing a good job of pushing lrm carriers into the face of the opposition just to land basic hits.

Of course in-yer-face lrm carriers against no ECM?
Om nom nom nom!

#119 Legend_

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 252 posts
  • LocationSweden

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:00 AM

I've enjoyed it, it's given me good motivation to focus on improving many aspects of my game and gave me good motivation towards putting in the hours towards achieving a goal, something I've missed in this game.

It's just a shame I can't finish higher than where I am now, don't have the time to put in any more games and there's a good 12 or so hours remaining before this ends, something like 6 or 7am for me.

Well done all those involved, though!

#120 Dawnstealer

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 3,734 posts
  • LocationBlack Earth

Posted 18 August 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostVimeous, on 18 August 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

Since the last tournament the lrm dynamic has changed.
I've found a much more boom-and-bust environment where lrms are either able to dominate or be completely neutralised.

A change in ECM use is a large factor as is the increasing use of radar-derp. I've not seen more ECM mechs but seen a big swing to Kit Foxes - their lower speed encourages them to snipe from within the main force making them more generally effective than faster IS ECM mechs (tendency to flit between groups and sniping).
The drop in target recognition is doing a good job of pushing lrm carriers into the face of the opposition just to land basic hits.

Of course in-yer-face lrm carriers against no ECM?
Om nom nom nom!

Well, it also doesn't hurt that Clan LRMs are effective even within the 180m. With most LRM boats, if you can weather that storm (or hide from it) up to short range, you can dominate an LRM boat. Against a T-Wolf, you're just doomed: not only is it carrying extra weapons to hit you with, but can still fire those LRMs at volume right up to 0m (with little effect, but still an effect). Add to that a T-Wolf can spin and twist fast enough to keep up with even the fastest Lights, and it's bad news all around.

You're better off just tagging them from a distance (or narcing them) and hiding.

3 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 3 guests, 0 anonymous users