Waste Of Time Leveling Is Mechs?

Balance

71 replies to this topic

#61 BloodStar

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 23 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:44 AM

If you think IS mechs are useless across the board then you probably also think breathing is a waste of time and energy.

Edited by BloodStar, 18 August 2014 - 11:45 AM.

#62 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostHadham, on 17 August 2014 - 03:40 PM, said:

Now that the clan mechs have hit the game does anyone else feel that they wasted their time leveling IS mechs?

Not me.

#63 Gyrok

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Star Colonel III
  • Star Colonel III
  • 5,879 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeriphery of the Inner Sphere, moving toward the core worlds with each passing day.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:53 AM

View Postoneda, on 18 August 2014 - 03:22 AM, said:

Well, I loved the shadowhawk. But the timberwolf runs at 89 kph, almost as fast as my 95 kph shadowhawk 2d2, has an insane payload, brutal armor and just outclasses my medium on every imaginable level. It could probably take down 2 shadowhawks at the same time.

But leveling the shadowhawk was a lot of fun and for a time it was a strong mech. So it wasn't a waste of time. As soon as I can get clan mechs though I don't believe I'd ever go back to such an (now) inferior mech, except weight limits or other factors come into play.

Wait...a Battlemaster can equip XL400 and go 84 kph and carry more weight than the TW...if you use that logic, your Shawk was obsolete LONG before the TW ever came around...

:)

You guys seriously do not get it...the TW is nice, but it is seriously not the ZOMFGOPPGIPLZNURFZNAO!!! machine you guys all seem to think it is...in fact, it is only the 4th best chassis for me of all the clan mechs...

I play the DW, WHK, SCR better than the TW...seriously...it is good at most things, but it is master of none...

It can jump snipe...but the CTF is better at that.
It can brawl...but the summoner is better at that and so is the stormcrow...(seriously...the Summoner has blessed hit boxes, so many overlook that fact...)
It can snipe...the DW does that better...so does the Jager...
It can energy boat, the Nova does that better...
It can LRM boat...the WHK does that better...

Seriously...it is good at a lot of things...but master of none. Maybe you have to have actually played one to understand this reality.

Edited by Gyrok, 18 August 2014 - 11:54 AM.

#64 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 11:57 AM

View PostGyrok, on 18 August 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

You guys seriously do not get it...the TW is nice, but it is seriously not the ZOMFGOPPGIPLZNURFZNAO!!! machine you guys all seem to think it is...in fact, it is only the 4th best chassis for me of all the clan mechs...

This right here. I killed a TW with a Jager40 one on one. Probably wasn't a top level Pilot, but the boogieman is just that.

#65 Mott

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 887 posts
  • Location[MW] Ransom's Corsairs

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:05 PM

Now that the clan mechs have hit the game does anyone else feel that they wasted their time leveling IS mechs?

Not even. Used a GRF lurmisher (2xERLLs + 3xLRM5s) for the recent Marik Mechbay event for the love of christos and had no problem taking down clan mechs with it.

Had so much fun i then dropped with a couple other ignored IS chassis (my HBK-4P, WVR-7, JM6) and had a blast with each of them.

I find the fragility of the Clans has made me a much better pilot. Using my torso twisting and snap shooting techniques i was forced to learn playing the clan mechs... i now flow through matches with ease.

#66 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:07 PM

Nope. And after the nerf bat blasts them into obscurity by making them even less versatile than IS mechs, I will feel even less so.

#67 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:26 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 18 August 2014 - 12:07 PM, said:

Nope. And after the nerf bat blasts them into obscurity by making them even less versatile than IS mechs, I will feel even less so.

:) Me too.

#68 Cyborne Elemental

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,964 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 12:44 PM

I have 3 empty mechbays, a bunch of Cbills, and I'm not even remotely thinking of unlocking another IS mech, ever.

#69 Belorion

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,469 posts
  • LocationEast Coast

Posted 18 August 2014 - 01:05 PM

I won't be playing Clan in CW... so that's a definite no.

#70 Asmosis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 2,118 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 04:54 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 18 August 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

This right here. I killed a TW with a Jager40 one on one. Probably wasn't a top level Pilot, but the boogieman is just that.

You know there are some bad pilots in clan mechs right? at equal skill levels TW is on equal footing with IS assault mechs, head and shoulders above IS heavy mechs. Its faster, has much greater firepower, more armor and jumpjets to top it off.

I wont be too surprised if they start the heavy nerfs once the $$$ only period has finished though. Would be nice if they could undo some of the more annoying nerfs to IS ballistics now that they have implemented for clans the same stuff they wanted to prevent IS mechs from doing.

Edited by Asmosis, 19 August 2014 - 05:09 AM.

#71 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:37 AM

View PostAsmosis, on 19 August 2014 - 04:54 AM, said:

You know there are some bad pilots in clan mechs right? at equal skill levels TW is on equal footing with IS assault mechs, head and shoulders above IS heavy mechs. Its faster, has much greater firepower, more armor and jumpjets to top it off.

I wont be too surprised if they start the heavy nerfs once the $$$ only period has finished though. Would be nice if they could undo some of the more annoying nerfs to IS ballistics now that they have implemented for clans the same stuff they wanted to prevent IS mechs from doing.

um, what annoying nerfs to IS ballistics? IS ballistics are the main strength of IS mechs compared to Clans..

#72 wanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Civil Servant
  • Civil Servant
  • 11,152 posts
  • LocationStomping around in a giant robot, of course.

Posted 19 August 2014 - 06:41 AM

Fewer IS 'Mechs, yes. None of them? No.

More notably, I've already leveled most of the IS designs I need, which is why I'm running Kit Foxes at the moment. The I chassis I want to use and keep are already mastered.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users