173 replies to this topic

#21 Jman5

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:38 PM

View PostCreovex, on 18 August 2014 - 03:31 PM, said:

Jman, this would be good if it was a single connection. Even after rejoining ths issue persists. This is not a client connection issue or high latency issue from the client side, it is their server code taking a dump.... or I would even suspect a loop in their infrastructure on one of their switches....bad gbic?

All I know is that rejoining has worked for me every time for me.

#22 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:46 PM

View PostJman5, on 18 August 2014 - 05:38 PM, said:

Gotta go by a case-by-case basis man. It's the first thing you learn when you try to help people.

#23 Khujjo

• PipPipPip
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMidwest

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

Server desyncs happens almost every other game. Just happened again in my first game of the night. Then it catches up and I'm dead. Then after the game the client closes. Seriously, how can you justify charging money for anything in this POS?

If it is this bad now, with a smallish player base, imagine how awful it will be if you can actually grow...it's embarrassing.

Edited by KhujjoBD, 18 August 2014 - 05:59 PM.

#24 NocturnalBeast

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 3,685 posts
  • LocationDusting off my Mechs.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 05:57 PM

Good to hear!

#25 Zolaz

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 3,510 posts
  • LocationHouston, Tx

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:02 PM

Anyone know if there is anything you can do on the client side so that you arent desyncing as much?

#26 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostZolaz, on 18 August 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

Anyone know if there is anything you can do on the client side so that you arent desyncing as much?

Just hope your router can handle the network load (aka, get a quality router) and pray it doesn't treat MWO as a DDOS attack. That's about it.

#27 fudog

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:20 PM

You know how many times I got disconnected from a Quake server on dialup in '97?

Zero.

Quake 2?

Zero.

Quake 3?

Zero.

Half Life?

Zero.

...just to pick a few semi-ancient games to illustrate why this should already be solved.

It's about time somebody that can code scalability (whether the issue is servers, code or client/server interaction) get on this issue and fix it.

...just imagine the wailing when this sort of stuff happens during large scale CW conflicts.

#28 irony1999

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 302 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:31 PM

I had a game desync bad enough that everyone ended up disconnecting rather than play (just 10 minutes ago... think I'll go play something stable now, thanks) BTW - I disconnected/reconnected on that one too. Nothing.

Something broke a few weeks ago... lets hope they can fix it. I've never seen a game with sync issues like this before.

Edited by irony1999, 18 August 2014 - 06:33 PM.

#29 Hillslam

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,198 posts
  • LocationWestern Hemisphere

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:48 PM

Paint your modems red. The red ones go faster.

#30 WVAnonymous

• Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 1,691 posts
  • LocationEvery world has a South Bay. That's where I am.

Posted 18 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

View Postfudog, on 18 August 2014 - 06:20 PM, said:

You know how many times I got disconnected from a Quake server on dialup in '97?

Zero.

Quake 2?

Zero.

Quake 3?

Zero.

Half Life?

Zero.

...just to pick a few semi-ancient games to illustrate why this should already be solved.

It's about time somebody that can code scalability (whether the issue is servers, code or client/server interaction) get on this issue and fix it.

...just imagine the wailing when this sort of stuff happens during large scale CW conflicts.

MWO is server authoritative for damage and can't be hacked. I have to assume that increases server load.

#31 Deathlike

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:02 PM

The reality is that the Reconnect feature is the likely problem. Increasing server load with more packets/pings being sent is "kinda required" (but in some cases might just be inefficient by design). The problem is how much load/overhead is being created

It shouldn't be a shock, but apparently this increase also comes in the form of the warping we are experiencing currently.

#32 Knight_Invictus

• PipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 89 posts
  • LocationMaryland, USA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Thanks Karl to you and the team!

#33 Astral Esper

• PipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 51 posts
  • LocationChaska, Minnesota

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:31 PM

View PostEyesBurn, on 18 August 2014 - 03:51 PM, said:

What about the lag that happens on some maps,especially on Crimson Strait,when i turn towards the group of mechs it starts lagging big,picture freezes and then warps around ? I heard (saw over chat) that others are complaining about this too .

Like mini server de-syncs (like a server de-sync, but only lasts for a second or two. Very annoying in high quantity)? Ever since reconnect was added, I've been having that problem much more frequently too. You could be turning when it happens then your direction just shifts. Sent me strait into the lava on Terra Therma once.

#34 KingCobra

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 2,726 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:33 PM

Thanks Karl &staff for fixing the bugs its been a long 3 years with only 3 game modes and a few map and variations hope new content is coming soon thanks.

#35 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

My problems started with the radar deprivation patch. Lag and odd locking behavior and seemed to get worse up until the present. Radar dep has a lot of interdependent checks to make with all the sensors/modules being checked against. And I like radar dep with the faster LRMs.

Maybe nothing but it sure was odd off the jump. Glad it's being looked into. This could lose me before any nerfs/buffs 3pv etc.

#36 5th Fedcom Rat

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 893 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 07:50 PM

Yeah to paraphrase Bill Clinton, it's the reconnect patch, stupid.

For the time being, I vote to roll back the reconnect feature in favour of stable matches.

#37 fudog

• PipPip
  • 34 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 08:40 PM

View PostWVAnonymous, on 18 August 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

MWO is server authoritative for damage and can't be hacked. I have to assume that increases server load.

I'd have to say this is a doubtful cause.
Anything is hackable.

In this case, pick the semaphores from the TCP stream that match the equivalent of the "mech "and send the appropriate "aimed" shots back. Obviously there's some collision / wall detection that needs to be added, but the client exposes all this data via the TCP packets. Add a randomization algorithm to throw of your shots to reduce the chances of detection. This is aimbotting.
...it just takes somebody with the desire to put it together and the patience to deduce the semaphores.

The netcode that drives this game has no need to be drastically different from the many of the other games that don't suffer from this problem.

Note: This is my opinion as a programmer, but not knowing their code there may be erroneous assumptions.

Perhaps one of the devs would like to elucidate some of the non-standard challenges they are facing?

I bet the programmers in the community would be happy to lend possible solutions...

#38 and zero

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Forbidden
  • The Forbidden
  • 460 posts

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:07 PM

And the user interface should not still be absolutely atrocious by modern standards. And the game should be well balanced. And the F2P business model should not be trash. And we should have more than 1.2 basic gamemodes (come on, you know they all play out the same). And....

Yeah. A lot of **** here should already be fixed....

Edited by and zero, 18 August 2014 - 09:07 PM.

#39 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:20 PM

Zero.

Quake 2?

Zero.

Quake 3?

Zero.

Half Life?

Zero.

if you were trying to look really silly....achievement unlocked.

#40 Creovex

• The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 1,466 posts
  • LocationLegendary Founder, Masakari Collector, Man-O-War Collector, Wrath Collector, Gladiator Collector, Mauler Collector

Posted 18 August 2014 - 09:29 PM

Good to hear. As a max 40 pinger myself, the laughable offense in this case is the thought that unless they fix there end, netcode revisions on the client end will do jack as I am not near a threshold scenario.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users