- - - - -

Weapon Modules

13 replies to this topic

#1 StarLord16

Rookie

• 4 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

They haven't started a new thread on most recent patch. But FYI to all, recent patch seems to have had heat generation removed from the descriptions of weapon modules for both Clan and IS versions.

However, equipping the weapon modules still shows a reduction in heat management values. Ie. weapon modules still produce heat.

Well all know that previous patch versions definitively mentioned heat generation in ALL weapon modules.

If this is PGI's attempt at pulling a fast one over us.......it's REAL low of them....

#2 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 19 August 2014 - 08:08 PM

View PostStarLord16, on 19 August 2014 - 07:36 PM, said:

They haven't started a new thread on most recent patch. But FYI to all, recent patch seems to have had heat generation removed from the descriptions of weapon modules for both Clan and IS versions.

However, equipping the weapon modules still shows a reduction in heat management values. Ie. weapon modules still produce heat.

Official response.
They plan to remove the heat. But the text got removed early.

Edited by Koniving, 19 August 2014 - 08:08 PM.

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:27 AM

It's a mistake, not a scam

It will be really nice to see weapon modules without hEat penalty, but instead forcing you to choose between a variety of different buffs with different uses (and I could use a GXP sink).

Edited by Redshift2k5, 20 August 2014 - 05:42 AM.

#4 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 05:18 AM

View Postsneeking, on 21 August 2014 - 12:14 AM, said:

im already running ml2 and LL2 modules on fs9k even with the heat, have been since the mod slot layout changes.
im wondering if no heat for extra range will be fair ? perhaps as low as level2 but if range modules go to level5 as suggested there should be some heat from those.

It's just as fair as mechs with all their skills having a higher top speed, better torso twist, better heat dissipation, extra module slot, etc
Yes, it is vertical progression (having X is superior to not having any X, as opposed ot horizontal progression such as choosing modules that are different but generally equal) but it's something everyone can earn simply through gameplay, and when other modules come out with other effects (such as increased rate of fire!) it becomes a choice of which to take

Edited by Redshift2k5, 21 August 2014 - 05:29 AM.

#5 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:16 AM

View PostRedshift2k5, on 21 August 2014 - 05:18 AM, said:

...and when other modules come out with other effects (such as increased rate of fire!) it becomes a choice of which to take

No choices on my 6 ML Jenner-F. Extra range and shorter cooldown for all of my weapons, with no heat increase? Yes, please :ph34r:

Edited by DEMAX51, 21 August 2014 - 08:17 AM.

#6 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:19 AM

View PostDEMAX51, on 21 August 2014 - 08:16 AM, said:

No choices on my 6 ML Jenner-F. Extra range and shorter cooldown for all of my weapons, with no heat increase? Yes, please :ph34r:

Maybe you'll only be able to pick one or the other, and who knows what other types will exist. Also, most mechs carry more than one weapon. I dunno if they would want to stack multiple buffs for one weapon type.

#7 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:56 AM

I honestly think a firing speed reduction makes sense.
But then the next set of weapon modules will reduce how long it takes to reload/recharge weapons (increasing firing speed). Hopefully the benefits of each will not make up or remove the penalties of the other completely.

#8 JC Daxion

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 5,230 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:08 AM

You know, I just unlocked the SRM range module, though still need to upgrade and buy it..

while 12m increase is not that much, I can't tell you how often that i have had SRM's just barely out of range, OR a mech that is in range is running away and they Just miss. The mech i want to use them on, has Zero heat issues, so that is no problem..

Now let's hope they have a LRM refire reduction module and that mech will be rocking!

#9 TercieI

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 8,159 posts
  • LocationThe Far Country

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:51 AM

The JR7-F has profited mightily from module changes already.

(not a complaint)

:ph34r: :D :D :D

Edited by Terciel1976, 21 August 2014 - 09:51 AM.

#10 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 08:10 PM

No choices on my 6 ML Jenner-F. Extra range and shorter cooldown for all of my weapons, with no heat increase? Yes, please :D

Wait, weapon modules shorten the cooldown period?

It doesn't say it in their descriptions :/

#11 DEMAX51

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,269 posts
  • LocationThe cockpit of my Jenner

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:23 PM

View PostMarsAtlas, on 21 August 2014 - 08:10 PM, said:

Wait, weapon modules shorten the cooldown period?

It doesn't say it in their descriptions :/

There are none that do this yet, but they've said there are new modules that will affect cooldown rates coming sometime in September.

#12 Just wanna play

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,520 posts
  • LocationInside the Womb of a Great Turtle

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

In the public test, range modules apparently go to level 5 instead of 2, just a lil fyi

#13 bar10jim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 09:55 PM

Keep in mind that increasing the firing rate will have the effect of raising the heat (you'll be generating the heat faster).

#14 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:24 PM

Worst idea so far as far as modules are concerned. Second worst is adding a cycle rate decrease module. Do you really want LRMs to have increased fire rates? Wanna see what an LRM 50 on chain fire will do to your mech?

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users