Public Test - Mass Production

301 replies to this topic

#61 Lyoto Machida

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,080 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:42 PM

New map sounds great...looking forward to using the test server once again.

#62 TheDegenhard

• PipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 24 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:49 PM

View PostJin Ma, on 20 August 2014 - 02:30 PM, said:

you guys did this for UI2.0 too, whats the point u dont take our feedback

View PostWhy Run, on 20 August 2014 - 02:36 PM, said:

This, repeatedly. What about all the HPG collision issues?!

Crying and whining. When do People know the difference between liking or not liking a game and knowing how a game is properly done? You don't have a master in game design, game production,... you dont get to critizise teh methods, all you cenn do is tell, if you like it or not, make some polite suggestions, and don't be a baby, if your wishes aren't granted after 2 min.

#63 Caboose30

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 880 posts
  • LocationNorthern Michigan

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:53 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 August 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

Greetings MechWarriors,

We are pleased to open up the Public Test server for our longest test yet. This test will last 24 hours and be focused in three main areas:

First, the new Unit Creation feature for Community Warfare will be available in the front-end.
Around this feature, we hope to hear from you about both the usability and art of the interface for creating units, as well as any bugs discovered in testing.
Please note, pre-registered units will not be present in this version. They will have to be generated manually by the player for the purpose of the test.

Second, we will be testing the new Mech Factory map, which will be present on 100% rotation in the test server.
We hope to hear from you on any issues involving collisions and textures, We’d also appreciate us your feedback on the map layout, spawn locations and more.

Finally, we will be testing the server hardware at our brand new data center to determine whether that equipment will adequately improve our current live production services.
On this subject, we would like to know about your ping and connectivity in-game, responsiveness of saved changes, and the effect of these changes on client-server synchronization during matches.
We’re especially eager to hear about how it compares to the live game!

Please see the notes below for full details of the test:

Date
21-Aug-2014

Focus
  • Unit Creation
    • New Community Warfare Feature
      • Functionality Testing – Please find bugs!
      • Usability Testing – Tell us what you think of the interface!
  • Codename: Industrial
    • New Game Map
      • Intensive Map Testing – Please find collision, out-of-world, and/or texture bugs!
      • Play-Testing – Please tell us what you think of the map!
  • Connectivity
    • New Data Center Systems
      • Smoke/Load Testing – Can you connect? Can you get into a match? Any desyncs?
      • Performance Testing – Please tell us about your connectivity, ping, responsiveness, etc…

Test Time
Start: Noon PDT / 3PM EDT / 7PM UTC
Duration: 24 hours.

Eligibility
All players registered before 20-Aug-2014 at 4:30AM PDT may join the test.

Testing Provisions
Your live account inventory, as of 4:30AM PDT on August 20th, plus:
  • An additional 25,000 MC in the Test Server.
  • An additional 50,000,000 CBills in the Test Server.
  • An additional 500,000 GXP in the Test Server.

For More Info, please check out the Public Test sub-forums: http://mwomercs.com/...27-public-test/</p>
You can download the Public Test client here: http://patcher.mwome...neInstaller.exe

So, just so I understand what's going on here, you made a post to let me know the deadline for signing up for this was seven and a half hours before this post was made.

#64 Jin Ma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,323 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostTheDegenhard, on 20 August 2014 - 04:49 PM, said:

Crying and whining. When do People know the difference between liking or not liking a game and knowing how a game is properly done? You don't have a master in game design, game production,... you dont get to critizise teh methods, all you cenn do is tell, if you like it or not, make some polite suggestions, and don't be a baby, if your wishes aren't granted after 2 min.

oorrr orr like a responsible, forward thinking individual or game development company, you build in a segment in the pipeline, to take the feedback and actually do something about it.

In reality a UI 2.0 that is more functional than the previous verison isn't a lot to ask for, in fact its expected and shouldn't have been even a problem in the first place to have room for the negative feedback.

These arn't suggestions, a suggestion implies something that is an addition. What PGI is missing are things that should have been there in the first place.

#65 Airic Gryphon

• PipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 44 posts
  • LocationMidland, ON, Canada

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:00 PM

View PostJuiceCaboose, on 20 August 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

So, just so I understand what's going on here, you made a post to let me know the deadline for signing up for this was seven and a half hours before this post was made.

Its worded kind of funny, but as long as your account was created before the deadline you're fine. Since you have a founders tag I'd say you just managed to squeak in on time.

#66 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:01 PM

View PostJuiceCaboose, on 20 August 2014 - 04:53 PM, said:

You have to have an account 7 and a half hours before the post was made. :ph34r:
That's what sign up means.

Your account is Juice Caboose and it existed since "07 Jul 2012," so you're signed up already as it existed prior to 7 and a half hours before this announcement was made.

#67 WmLowFlyer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

View PostHeffay, on 20 August 2014 - 04:02 PM, said:

Already done, and going over the files with a fine toothed comb! :ph34r:

Can I post the battlemap of the factory please?

I just updated the test client and I don't see any new map assets.

Darn

#68 Past

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 254 posts
  • LocationWestern Australia

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:42 PM

New map and new server hardware to improve live production environment that's great news!
Question though why do you ask about ping is the new data center located in a different place? You could move it closer to Australia I wont mind :ph34r:

#69 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 20 August 2014 - 05:53 PM

View PostWmLowFlyer, on 20 August 2014 - 05:24 PM, said:

I just updated the test client and I don't see any new map assets.

Darn

The mech factory is a reused asset map, so it'll probably include objects from HPG and the cities. There may be a few new ones snuck in there as well, but they have a ton of things like gantries and pipes already.

#70 Noesis

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,436 posts
  • LocationIn the Lab

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:16 PM

New map, new CW elements, new data centre?

Nice to see the investment going on PGI.

What will the Tin foil hat brigade complain about next? Or maybe they might be inclined to open their wallets to support these kinds of ongoing developments?

#71 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:30 PM

View PostNoesis, on 20 August 2014 - 06:16 PM, said:

New map, new CW elements, new data centre?

Nice to see the investment going on PGI.

What will the Tin foil hat brigade complain about next? Or maybe they might be inclined to open their wallets to support these kinds of ongoing developments?

They'll just recycle some old complaint, or one that happens in their favorite game but for some reason it's an unforgivable sin when PGI does it. The 'yeahbut' brigade.

#72 ShadowDraconis

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDeep within the FRR paving the way for the invasion.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:35 PM

New data center? That sounds promising. Perhaps that is reason behind the latest instability issues. Sounds like PGI is growing. :ph34r:

This seems like a good sign to me. New maps,CW, etc... If this is all as good as it sounds. Thanks PGI. I was/still am a little on the fence about the future of this great game. But you have restored some more hope in this pilot.

I hope it all works out and the community can give some constructive feed back. Also hope the Devs use the feedback to there/our advantage. There is alot of peeps here with great technical know how and just plain Mechwarrior expertise(I however am not one of these). So please use there feedback. For the benefit of us all.

Keep up the good work and if you are struggling, company/staff wise I hope for the best for you.

_/\_

Edited by ShadowDraconis, 20 August 2014 - 07:13 PM.

#73 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:36 PM

View PostHeffay, on 20 August 2014 - 06:30 PM, said:

They'll just recycle some old complaint, or one that happens in their favorite game but for some reason it's an unforgivable sin when PGI does it. The 'yeahbut' brigade.

weird, sometimes my screen shows you as no badges and no profile pic(merc). Either that or somebody has the same name

#74 Durandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:54 PM

@Niko, every time I go to install the PTS client, it gives me this warning:

"The chosen location is already in use. It is strongly advised to only use an empty folder as the install location.

This is especially true if you have already installed MechWarrior Online in the chosen location, as multiple installs will likely overwrite or corrupt each other."

Despite the warning, I'm trying to install in an empty folder (tried in multiple locations on the drive, they all give the warning). Is there a way to ensure that it will avoid corrupting anything? Is this just a generic warning that goes off no matter what you do?

#75 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 August 2014 - 06:57 PM

View Postdurandal, on 20 August 2014 - 06:54 PM, said:

@Niko, every time I go to install the PTS client, it gives me this warning:

"The chosen location is already in use. It is strongly advised to only use an empty folder as the install location.

This is especially true if you have already installed MechWarrior Online in the chosen location, as multiple installs will likely overwrite or corrupt each other."

Despite the warning, I'm trying to install in an empty folder (tried in multiple locations on the drive, they all give the warning). Is there a way to ensure that it will avoid corrupting anything? Is this just a generic warning that goes off no matter what you do?

It should be fine, just make sure you completely deleted everything in location. I got the same warning. I got the same message but it shouldn't be a problem

#76 Galenthor Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 157 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:05 PM

don't have time to read all 80 post atm, but I didn't see anything about opting into this test...

#77 Wintersdark

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 13,375 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationCalgary, AB

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:07 PM

View PostGalenthor Kerensky, on 20 August 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

don't have time to read all 80 post atm, but I didn't see anything about opting into this test...

Log in with the test client, and you're in the test. Log in with the normal client, and your in the normal game.

#78 Felicitatem Parco

Professor of Memetics

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 13,522 posts
  • LocationIs Being Obscured By ECM

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:22 PM

Use this link to download the "Test Version" of MechWarrior: Online. You just run this version of the game client instead of the normal installation.

http://patcher.mwome...neInstaller.exe

#79 Kageru Ikazuchi

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:25 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 August 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

We are pleased to open up the Public Test server for our longest test yet. This test will last 24 hours and be focused in three main areas:

Thank you,thank you, thank you ... timezones have prevented me from participating in almost every previous test.

First, the new Unit Creation feature for Community Warfare will be available in the front-end.

Nice to see some CW progress (finally)!

Second, we will be testing the new Mech Factory map, which will be present on 100% rotation in the test server.
We hope to hear from you on any issues involving collisions and textures, We’d also appreciate us your feedback on the map layout, spawn locations and more.

Does 100% rotation mean, if we drop in the queue (not a private match), we will always get Factory, or does it mean it gets one slot in the rotation? I'm looking forward to exploring, in either the testing grounds or private matches.

Finally, we will be testing the server hardware at our brand new data center to determine whether that equipment will adequately improve our current live production services.
On this subject, we would like to know about your ping and connectivity in-game, responsiveness of saved changes, and the effect of these changes on client-server synchronization during matches.

Thank you, Thank you, THANK YOU ... as I'm sure the support folks (who have been awesome, by the way) can attest, I have had some pretty significant connectivity issues at various times.
-- I've gotten used to the 200+ ping and very rare brief desynch, but getting kicked to the log in screen after a match gets very old very quickly (sometimes it happens two or three times a night, sometimes it happens after almost every match) ... I'm tired of playing the MW:O-ESC-ESC-ESC-password mini-game (and I'm not getting any better at it).
-- My ping seems mostly based on geography, but every little bit will help.
-- Especially after UI 2.0, every data exchange seems to take 15-20 seconds ... very frustrating when selecting skills, etc. ... if this helps reduce the wait time to confirm skill purchases, etc. I will be a very, very happy mech warrior.

Intensive Map Testing – Please find collision, out-of-world, and/or texture bugs!

Some feedback that you received our bug reports and are working on them (or planning to work on them) would really be helpful ... I don't usually get frustrated by invisible terrain blocking my shots, but last night I dropped an arty strike on some, right in front of my 'mech ... that kind of got me a little upset.

In general I don't sugar-coat things, and mix in gripes with sincere appreciation ... please understand, that gripes aside, I do sincerely appreciate this opportunity.

#80 ShadowDraconis

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDeep within the FRR paving the way for the invasion.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

I could be wrong, but I belive as long as you have had an account before 8/20/2014 you are eligible for the testing. Then all you have to do is download/install the test client. Could be wrong, hope im not I really would like to participate in the testing. Even if I can't give as great feedback as the Veterans and others whose insights could be very valuable. If nothing else I would love to preview the upcoming new content. Not to mention the ability to try some builds i've wanted to try out. It will be like someone giving a mad scientist a huge amount of funding to experiment with as they choose. Without any real negative consequences.

For example no creations running amoke terroizing the villiagers. :ph34r: Or using alot of hard earned c-bills/GXP to try something out only to find out it just does not work for you. ;)

Thanks PGI, I for one am very excited for this.

_/\_

Edited by ShadowDraconis, 20 August 2014 - 07:30 PM.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users