301 replies to this topic

#81 Helmer

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • 3,272 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ga

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

Go Nuts. Please break Unit Creation.

>>you made a post to let me know the deadline for signing up for this was seven and a half hours before this post was made.<<

From what I understand the accounts needed to be copied over from the production servers to the public test server. This happened around 20-Aug-2014 at 4:30AM PDT . So if someone didn't have a registered forum account at that time, there was nothing to carry over, thus no access.The vast majority of accounts will have access.

Cheers.

Edited by Helmer, 20 August 2014 - 07:45 PM.

#82 Durandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 August 2014 - 07:55 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 20 August 2014 - 07:38 PM, said:

It simply means that it is trying to create a folder which already exists. You can proceed if you are indeed certain this is an empty folder you are directing it too.

Folder didn't exist already ;p But regardless, I just installed and crossed my fingers. Hopefully it'll work :ph34r:

To those going into the PTS (will see you there), I'm hoping we can commit some time to going into "no fire" games so we can run around and test specific errors for targeting bugs and the like. I intend to run my Ember all over the map looking for things like those invisible walls so we don't have anything like the pillars in HPG Manifold happening here. Feel free to join me and go bug hunting ;)

#83 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:25 PM

sounds interesting BUT: will there ever be an option to remove those annoying trial mechs out of the mechhangars where they dont belong to, like in all the weightclasses tabs except "Trial"?

#84 HBizzle

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 522 posts
  • LocationDC

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

I keep getting a network error when trying to log in. #Fail

#85 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:42 PM

Just because we didn't get a nice rollout video... I know I know... you're busy and I get it... I look forward to all the frapped matches on there so we can get a sneak peak since I won't be on the test server. ;) Kon... I'm looking your direction.... :ph34r:

THIS is the content I've been really salivating over, well, and CW... of course.

Edited by Kjudoon, 20 August 2014 - 08:46 PM.

#86 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 August 2014 - 08:53 PM

CW has landed. Well at least in the PTS

Some how my test client uninstalled itself.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 20 August 2014 - 09:13 PM.

#87 Xiang

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 242 posts
  • LocationTrying desperately to get behind you for an Alpha Strike!

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:04 PM

Looking forward to this....and tomorrow is my day off - WOOT!

Niko any chance we can all get Clan Packs with Gold Direwolves? Well, at least get clan packs, since the MC wont help us get those that are not available yet...

Hope the new data center helps some, being out in the middle of the Pacific Ocean isnt usually too bad, but will be nice to stop dropping out of the game and see if my ping gets any better.

I will make sure I run around in a mech with lots of jump jets so i can test out all of those little nooks and cranies that are out of sight, out of mind...

Will be interesting to see what we can do with the Merc Corps too, I just hope there are enough people from my unit online to group up and start the Corp.

Thanks Niko and PGI...

Xiang

#88 ShadowDraconis

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDeep within the FRR paving the way for the invasion.

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:05 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 20 August 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

We actually do take feedback with every test. In some cases we are able to use it right away. Largely though, individuals expecting feedback to cause a massive overhauling change to any feature will be disappointed. Our primary goal is to find bugs and make sure these features work correctly.

There's a pretty big backlog of things for UI 2.0 which the UI team hopes to come back to, but their current priority, as mandated by the community and production team alike, is focused towards Community Warfare. That means further work into pre-existing aspects of the UI, apart from major bug fixes, will have to wait until after CW is unrolled.

Thanks for the info about whats going on. It really is reassuring to know you are aware of the issues and actively working to fix them. I have'nt been around long enough to be upset with delayed/promised content. Just glad to hear that the major destablizing issues are being addressed a.s.a.p.

Also really excited for the testing tommorow.

Thanks PGI :ph34r:

_/\_

#89 Alik Kerensky

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Little Helper
  • Little Helper
  • 406 posts
  • LocationSeattle

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:10 PM

You all should keep the Public Test Server up to test the tweaks with more of the gaming public BEFORE they are implemented.... really beta test this beta and make it more of an actual game so that it might have a future beyond next month or even next year... or a even ten years from now... :ph34r:

Like that your keeping it (PTS) up long enough for people who work for a living in the PNW, and occasionally spend obscene amounts of money, can get home and play it with those East Coasters and little tikes on Summer Vacation. :ph34r:

Edit: For maybe the second time ever I'm actually not being sarcastic. ;)

Edited by Alik Kerensky, 20 August 2014 - 09:16 PM.

#90 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:15 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 20 August 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

make sure you do not have a proxy.

#91 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:17 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 20 August 2014 - 08:35 PM, said:

Trying to log in before the test starts will most likely result in an error.

#92 JudgeDeathCZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 1,929 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:19 PM

New map yey...anyway I am not sure any reports about texture bugs help bcuz there are numerous invisible walls even on older maps since that map is ingame...so w/e

#93 Roster

• PipPipPip
  • 60 posts
  • LocationOttawa

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:26 PM

sorry how do you register?
downloaded a public test before ,is it the same?
sorry if a repeat

#94 Durandal

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blade
  • The Blade
  • 227 posts
  • LocationDenver, CO

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

View PostRoster, on 20 August 2014 - 09:26 PM, said:

sorry how do you register?
downloaded a public test before ,is it the same?
sorry if a repeat

Roster, as long as you had your account before August 20th, you are already registered. No need to "opt in" for access, as it were, just download the PTS client and log in when it goes live.

#95 Rebas Kradd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,969 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:32 PM

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 20 August 2014 - 02:40 PM, said:

We actually do take feedback with every test. In some cases we are able to use it right away. Largely though, individuals expecting feedback to cause a massive overhauling change to any feature will be disappointed. Our primary goal is to find bugs and make sure these features work correctly.

There's a pretty big backlog of things for UI 2.0 which the UI team hopes to come back to, but their current priority, as mandated by the community and production team alike, is focused towards Community Warfare. That means further work into pre-existing aspects of the UI, apart from major bug fixes, will have to wait until after CW is unrolled.

And after CW is unrolled, no doubt some other feature will appear that will somehow demand the time of every relevant person in PGI and detract from all the things that actually affect its day-to-day quality. UI, documentation, immersion features, collision/knockdowns, anything involving gameplay depth like new game modes or command/minimap options.

The backlog has managed to stay the backlog for two years. WHEN will we see an open stretch where it can get some real love?

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 20 August 2014 - 09:41 PM.

#96 Muncehead

• PipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 36 posts
  • LocationWorcestershire UK

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:34 PM

View PostInnerSphereNews, on 20 August 2014 - 02:29 PM, said:

Test Time
Start: Noon PDT / 3PM EDT / 7PM UTC
Duration: 24 hours.

I learn new things every day - here is something called UTC - apparently it is the same as GMT..... amazing!

....oh and new map yay!

#97 blackmail

Rookie

• The Ironclad
  • 6 posts
  • LocationSkiatook, Oklahoma

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:36 PM

tried to login and keep getting network errors. dont have the issue with the main client

#98 Pyrrho

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 854 posts

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:37 PM

View Postblackmail, on 20 August 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

tried to login and keep getting network errors. dont have the issue with the main client

The test starts at 3pm ET on 8/21/14. Consult your local timepiece.

#99 charov

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,110 posts
  • LocationLondon - UK

Posted 20 August 2014 - 09:52 PM

View Postblackmail, on 20 August 2014 - 09:36 PM, said:

You are UTC-5, mate. The PT will start at 7pm UTC.

#100 LiGhtningFF13

• The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 1,375 posts
  • LocationBetween the Flannagan's Nebulea and the Pleiades Cluster

Posted 20 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

This time a very important patch! Including a new map, nice.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users