Cw And Pugs

32 replies to this topic

#1 HellJumper

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,226 posts
  • LocationIslamabad, pakistan

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:07 PM

okay well this is a simple one

What does the Community warfare brings in for solo players??

players who due to reasons cannot join any mercunit.. is their any point for those players to be excited or interested in CW??

#2 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:18 PM

First of all unless they add a single player element to the game there isnt any solo players in Mechwarrior.

Second, its all good news from what has been said, anyone can join a faction and get ranks and who knows what else playing against the other houses and clans.

#3 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:31 PM

from solo here i meant lone wolfs or pugs..

umm so basically CW is just joining a faction?? thats it?

cause i thought that CW is build to let competitive teams play against each other...

#4 Impyrium

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:52 PM

I believe solo players can join a faction, and fight as cannon fodder. Because, you know, that's all you lone wolves are. :D

(jk)

I'm pretty sure players not in a mercenary unit can compete in CW combat with their faction. I imagine it'll be a little like it is now, except it will group you with your own faction against another. Maybe each battle will be synced to a planet, so you're technically fighting as a faction MechWarrior. Wouldn't hold my breath though. B)

Edited by AUSwarrior24, 21 August 2014 - 10:52 PM.

#5 Mycrus

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 5,160 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationFilipino @ Singapore

Posted 21 August 2014 - 10:55 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 21 August 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

okay well this is a simple one

What does the Community warfare brings in for solo players??

players who due to reasons cannot join any mercunit.. is their any point for those players to be excited or interested in CW??

Pugs are not part of the community... ;p

#6 Bhael Fire

Banned - Cheating

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 4,002 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationThe Outback wastes of planet Outreach.

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:23 PM

Ugh...there are going to be three different modes of play in MWO:

PUBLIC: Basically what we have now. Any mech, any time, any faction.
FACTION: This is where the RULES kick in...there will be restrictions in place on what you can and can't do...with regard to CW.
PRIVATE: Exactly how private matches are now.

#7 Vezm

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • Liquid Metal
  • 127 posts
  • LocationWellington

Posted 21 August 2014 - 11:56 PM

View PostJohnny Z, on 21 August 2014 - 10:18 PM, said:

First of all unless they add a single player element to the game there isnt any solo players in Mechwarrior.

Second, its all good news from what has been said, anyone can join a faction and get ranks and who knows what else playing against the other houses and clans.

Don't just read, try to interpret... it's pretty obvious and common vernacular to use solo player as a term for dropping into random battles.

#8 HellJumper

• 1,226 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:35 AM

so as a pug or solo player i can join any faction and take part in Faction related battles?

i dontt need to be permanent part of anything?

View PostMycrus, on 21 August 2014 - 10:55 PM, said:

Pugs are not part of the community... ;p

we pugs make the community :D

#9 Kilo 40

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 22 August 2014 - 01:45 AM

View PostHellJumper, on 22 August 2014 - 01:35 AM, said:

so as a pug or solo player i can join any faction and take part in Faction related battles?

yes

#10 Kitane

• Bridesmaid
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPrague, Czech Republic

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:05 AM

In theory.
I still have trouble imagining how the matchmaker for CW is actually going to work. Even if we restrict current combat zone between two factions to one planet, we will still end up with multiple battlefields all over the map. Each battlefield will require two groups of players, some of them in organized units, some of them lone wolves.

Elo is probably going to be ignored completely due to lack of players. No solo/group queue distinction either...

And all of that will be competing for players with regular solo/group queue.

I fear the playerbase isn't large enough to see the full potential of CW and that we will end up with a heavily constrained and limited version, with few battlefields open at the same time.

#11 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:14 AM

CW LOL

Should be a great disaster with lots of forum fodder to pick from.

#12 Black Ivan

• Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 1,698 posts

Posted 22 August 2014 - 02:23 AM

I don't expect it to be the Holy Gral many wish it to be. PGI is no a that good company to make anything above medicore

#13 Impyrium

• The God
  • The God
  • 2,104 posts
  • LocationSouth Australia

Posted 22 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

View PostBlack Ivan, on 22 August 2014 - 02:23 AM, said:

I don't expect it to be the Holy Gral many wish it to be. PGI is no a that good company to make anything above medicore

No, it's not, but MWO isn't exactly the fantastic MechWarrior revival and game that it was promised to be. Blender BattleTech does a better job. So regardless, at least it'll add something a little different.

#14 Johnny Z

• Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:16 AM

View PostVezm, on 21 August 2014 - 11:56 PM, said:

Don't just read, try to interpret... it's pretty obvious and common vernacular to use solo player as a term for dropping into random battles.

Are you trying to change the english language? The guild has all sorts of names for players that drop into games ungrouped, i can list them here, but i wont. They are thinnly veiled insults mostly because some players havnt joined the guild. Just like your post is a very thinnly veiled troll post. :D

Anyway there is no solo mode at the moment in Mechwarrior unless you count the training grounds. Sad I have to state the plain and simple again.

#15 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 August 2014 - 09:28 AM

View PostAUSwarrior24, on 21 August 2014 - 10:52 PM, said:

I believe solo players can join a faction, and fight as cannon fodder. Because, you know, that's all you lone wolves are. :D

Actually, we are hired by your topmost superiors to turn you conscripts into proper warriors.

Now get moving you worthless piece of trash! ;)

:lol:

#16 Bhodi Li773

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 82 posts
  • Locationwww.PhoenixDominion.com

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

The sad part of CW so far is you have to pick a faction and be restricted to that factions mechs during warfare..CLAN MECHS only or IS MECHS only.I would like to be able to pick a faction for my IS and another for my Clan mechs. I know some will say that is chintzy but if I play clan you could be warden or crusader ,for or against invading the IS, and still be able to drop into world battles alongside IS allies VS Clan invaders or even CLAN Wardens VS CLAN Crusaders.(I hope this is what the DEVs will do by the time they get into real CW).They could have Clan pilots who are Freebirth/Solahma pilot "captured" IS mechs. After all ,by CLAN views, that is all the IS tech/Freebirth/Solahma are worthy to pilot.

I like both my IS and CLAN mechs and I know some will want to defend IS with both OR play Devils Advocate and play both defender and Invader .

Right now LNW players who are unaffiliated have the most versatility in picking mechs but will get very little in regards to a loyalty/faction bonus(life of a merc for hire), if they get any at all.Sadly, CW will be useless without these LNW players who seem to get very little in way of ingame rewards to be LNW but will probably be the majority of players filling in spots at the start of CW,allowing faster matches and smoother gameplay.

True Merc units in an UNaffiliated group will be the ones nerfed the most at this point in time.I play LNW and will stay that way until a real version of CW is up and running and REAL details about what the pros and cons will be in CW .I believe a lot of players will do the same.Some of the MW community look down on LNW pilots but the truth is you either learn to play the group in each game or will die fast and probably not play anymore(Those people who rage quit during games).Chances are a group of REAL LNW pilots will give you a better fight as these players will play strategy/tactics naturally instead of being ordered to do them.

#17 AlphaToaster

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 839 posts
  • LocationUnited States

Posted 22 August 2014 - 10:46 AM

View PostHellJumper, on 21 August 2014 - 10:07 PM, said:

is their any point for those players to be excited or interested in CW??

If you are a LNW or MRC, then it is perfectly accepted and even expected that you have one loyalty and allegiance........ to CBills.

In CW I believe there were rumblings of a Contract system, where LNW an MRC can take contracts to perform duties for extra Cbill payouts.

EG - Defend Planet X, kill X members of whichever faction, or Assault planet X, etc. Stuff like this will make earning Cbills a bit more interesting and give LNW and MRC a sense of being hired guns for sale to the highest bidder. LNW/MRC may not be restricted to specific mechs either, while being in a faction may restrict which mechs you can take.

#18 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:09 AM

View PostKitane, on 22 August 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

Elo is probably going to be ignored completely due to lack of players. No solo/group queue distinction either...

Frankly, I do not want Elo and 3/3/3/3 to be a factor when the time comes to defend my home base. I'm going to bring anything and everything I think I will need to mount an effective defense -- even if that means using 12 Timber Wolves or Dire Wolves.

#19 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 22 August 2014 - 11:20 AM

View PostKitane, on 22 August 2014 - 02:05 AM, said:

In theory.
I still have trouble imagining how the matchmaker for CW is actually going to work. Even if we restrict current combat zone between two factions to one planet, we will still end up with multiple battlefields all over the map. Each battlefield will require two groups of players, some of them in organized units, some of them lone wolves.

And all of that will be competing for players with regular solo/group queue.

I fear the playerbase isn't large enough to see the full potential of CW and that we will end up with a heavily constrained and limited version, with few battlefields open at the same time.

It will work the same way with CW as it works now.
That is to say it wont work.

#20 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 22 August 2014 - 06:21 PM

View PostHellJumper, on 21 August 2014 - 10:31 PM, said:

from solo here i meant lone wolfs or pugs..

umm so basically CW is just joining a faction?? thats it?

cause i thought that CW is build to let competitive teams play against each other...

no no no no no

think of it this way.

CW is a campaign.

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users