76 replies to this topic

#1 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

Post here If you got 50 wins already or close.

Almost got the 20 wins. I think the premium time makes up for not getting 50

#2 N a p e s

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The People's Hero
  • The People
  • 1,688 posts
  • LocationQuebec

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:45 AM

I'm at 26 wins with about 5 hours of play... and I'm out of time beause of real life. I do appreciate the 7 days of premium time but I won't be taking advantage of it much. Still fun.

#3 TimePeriod

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 548 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationI'm out gardening, back in 10.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:47 AM

I just capped in on the 'Mech Bay reward, still very slowly rolling onwards. Very slow.

#4 Aliencreature

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • 3 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 06:52 AM

The solo limitation makes this a very tedious challenge. It's as if PGI is trying to discourage teamplay.

At 18 wins after six hours.

Edited by Aliencreature, 23 August 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#5 Bigbacon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,094 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 07:52 AM

at 17 wins after maybe...7 or 8 hours of total play since 1pm yesterday..

probably like 1 to 20 ratio of wins to losses.

LOL,

match I was just in....I started in Desync and was dead a minute later....fantastic!

Edited by Bigbacon, 23 August 2014 - 07:55 AM.

#6 Squally160

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Merciless
  • The Merciless
  • 295 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:02 AM

hmmm, only dropped for about 2 hours so far, im at about an 80% win rate, and just got my mechbay

#7 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:05 AM

I am going to be interested to see how many people can actually get to 50.

apprently Imperius, made it look easy

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 23 August 2014 - 08:06 AM.

#8 Xeraphale

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 241 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:25 AM

As of right now I'm on 44/50. It's time to sit down and have a break I reckon.

#9 SaltBeef

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 2,081 posts
  • LocationOmni-mech cockpit.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:35 AM

View PostTimePeriod, on 23 August 2014 - 06:47 AM, said:

I just capped in on the 'Mech Bay reward, still very slowly rolling onwards. Very slow.

just got the mechbay myself bagjeez took like 4hrs .....may have been faster if I was not pounding bud light lime a ritas.

#10 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:40 AM

Sucks that the Premium 7 days starts as soon as you get it

#11 A banana in the tailpipe

• The 1 Percent
  • 2,705 posts
  • Locationbehind your mech

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:10 AM

Up to 12W-15L now. The pug lottery greatly depends on which team has more clan mechs.

#12 Bill Lumbar

• Death Star
  • 2,073 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:23 AM

I played the test servers until I found out about this challenge. Around 7 hours I guess yesterday and at 27 kills.... Very laggy in some games, 4 other games complete dsync's and no match finish or had to exit out of game.

I went from a 15-3 winning streak when i started playing to a 15-0 losing streak. The game that broke the losing streak... My unmaxed kit fox. Time to get the other ones and start grinding it out to max them all out.

#13 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:26 AM

Is the Premium Time stored or is it activated as soon as you log in again?

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 23 August 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

Sucks that the Premium 7 days starts as soon as you get it

Does it activate older Premium times I stored in my account? If yes, that sucks.

Edited by El Bandito, 23 August 2014 - 09:28 AM.

#14 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:36 AM

View PostEl Bandito, on 23 August 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

Is the Premium Time stored or is it activated as soon as you log in again?

Does it activate older Premium times I stored in my account? If yes, that sucks.

I hope not

#15 AssaultPig

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 907 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

If they're going to continue to have these weekend challenges, they really need to think harder about the incentives they're creating. I will probably grind out the four more wins I need for the mechbay this evening and then take the rest of the event off, because it's just too ******* frustrating to get games with 1-2 immediate disconnects and stupid play from half of the people who remain (stupider than normal, anyway.) Not being able to play with friends/clan members over the weekend also really stinks.

I appreciate that they want to do weekend events and give away free ingame swag, but they need to make sure the challenge criteria actually lead to good behavior.

#16 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:57 AM

I stopped at 19 as the next several hours will be gobbled up with life stuff and I didn't want the premium time to needlessly away. Should be easy enough to get to 50 once that's out of the way.

#17 Bulletsponge0

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 2,947 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:01 AM

I'm willing to bet that PGI set the levels at 10,20 and 50 to make it very difficult for people to earn all the rewards for both their main account and any alt accounts they have (I do not have an alt account)

#18 Sorbic

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,048 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostAssaultPig, on 23 August 2014 - 09:57 AM, said:

If they're going to continue to have these weekend challenges, they really need to think harder about the incentives they're creating. I will probably grind out the four more wins I need for the mechbay this evening and then take the rest of the event off, because it's just too ******* frustrating to get games with 1-2 immediate disconnects and stupid play from half of the people who remain (stupider than normal, anyway.) Not being able to play with friends/clan members over the weekend also really stinks.

I appreciate that they want to do weekend events and give away free ingame swag, but they need to make sure the challenge criteria actually lead to good behavior.

It's not that bad. They just need to add a minimum connect/damage requirement. Otherwise I like wins being a challenge flavor as instead of folks dying (literally) to get /steal kills or what have not they are only rewarded when their team wins. They may have also hopped that the upper elo group players would help lead/instruct some of the bad puggers. Of course the average group player is about as bad as the average pugger and are used to getting directions from someone else.

That said, it does kinda suck that folks can't get any of the 20/50 while grouped with friends. It would have been nice if at least half of each challenge could be ground out in group queue.

Edited by Sorbic, 23 August 2014 - 10:07 AM.

#19 Jon Gotham

• The Pest
  • The Pest
  • 2,648 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:14 AM

This may be naive of me-but surely they should be encouraging people to group up, join units etc? Get the ball rolling now before CW arrives?
It seems like they want to model the game on WoT, insofar as to the demographic aimed at. Promoting it as a team based game but actively encouraging players who can't/won't join units or group up? Seems a bit counter productive no?

#20 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:15 AM

As a side note -

I play with my e-mail pulled up. When I see it I pop over and report at the end of the match.

I like rewarding wins more than kills. Rewarding kills/damage promotes behaviors counter to solid team building.

No matter what the game or challenge is there will be ways to exploit it. The smart thing to do is have the challenges and just make sure that people who exploit mechanics for an advantage in the tournament get reported for what they're doing.

Pro sports rewards things like doping, because the challenge is to get as good as possible. That doesn't mean you just ignore doping; it means you do your best to keep the field even when people cheat. It doesn't mean you just don't have any games, because any game can be cheated at.

Edited by MischiefSC, 23 August 2014 - 10:18 AM.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users