#41 ShinobiHunter

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 1,009 posts
  • LocationPennsylvania

Posted 23 August 2014 - 08:17 PM

View PostHBizzle, on 23 August 2014 - 11:03 AM, said:

No, you can't, people wont base rush which is the most efficient way to win in Assault.

If you direct them before the match starts, most pugs will follow. :ph34r:

#42 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

Annnd... 11 hours later I get my 50 wins. With 16 additional wins more than losses added to my Timber Wolf chassis.

HUZZAH!

Yes, the 7 days premium time starts immediately btw.

#43 MrMadguy

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,209 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:24 PM

Trying to win this challenge is pointless. Matchmaker and ELO system are terrible and 90% matches are stomps. Been playing for the whole day yesterday and barely have 5-7 wins. So my goal - is 10 wins. And I'm not hurrying at all. And don't tell me, that the fact, that I'm losing - is my own fault. This is team based game: one single player can neither win the match (of course if he is not poptart Victor, D-DC Atlas or invulnerable Spider), nor lose it. May be PGI really thinks, that one player with 100500 ELO may kill whole enemy team via his glance only, but in reality, if your team sucks - it's simply being stomped and eventually you find yourself against the whole enemy team.

Edited by MrMadguy, 23 August 2014 - 09:32 PM.

#44 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:30 PM

I am just wondering why I am barely on the side that keeps stomping my team. Also why my team is always missing players. I had a guy in a T-wolf that could have made a differnce, instead the pilot just stopped moving. I am like.............maaaan

View PostShinobiHunter, on 23 August 2014 - 08:06 PM, said:

Ah the beauty of PugLand...

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 23 August 2014 - 09:29 PM.

#45 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:48 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

Annnd... 11 hours later I get my 50 wins. With 16 additional wins more than losses added to my Timber Wolf chassis.

HUZZAH!

Yes, the 7 days premium time starts immediately btw.

I have input 20 hrs and have 11 wins, average dmg per match is well over 500, see a problem here???????? I DO

Edited by Lotharian, 23 August 2014 - 09:50 PM.

#46 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:51 PM

I did it with better than 50% win/loss. Significantly better (for the matchmaker), about 85 matches I think. Give or take 1 or 2, I should have kept better count.

Pugboss, if you've got useful skills to provide (not ranting) stay after the match - I made a difference ghosting in several matches. Switching between them to coordinate who had what and was where, helping them keep aware of who was watching which direction and keeping them within safe range of each other.

Play very, very aggressive. Aggressive teams win most of the time. Help push your pugs to play aggressive. If they seem like they're on the edge... lead the charge, die gloriously and then cheer them on to victory. Spending 2 extra minutes to help push that win will take you further than dropping and starting a new match and letting that last 8 minutes of game-time turn into a loss.

Arty and UAV. These two tools are so critical I can't imagine how I would play without them. If you're first one into center on Terra Therma (I almost always am) and you see a bobbing head on the other side... drop smoke on them. Buy your team an extra 60 to 90 seconds to get inside and into position. This is just enough to get them past the bottleneck so they don't freak when they get shot.

Standing in the center area in Canyon where both sides are so close or at the city edge on Frozen or the corner by tunnel on Forest, pop that UAV baby. Let your pug-buddies set up for the other team.

Solo queue isn't that bad. People pretend it is because they remember the couple of bad games they had. Most are pretty good and most pugs will try to carry their weight. Those are who you play to. You don't play to the bad elements; you ignore them and help the good elements move forward and drive the win.

You lose a lot. About half the time. That's cool, win what you can win and move forward. You take the drama with you to the next match and you create your own losing streak.

#47 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:56 PM

After this challenge I may never want to play this game again, starting to seriously hate the players and the game, so much poo talking by the winning teams and after the 15th loss in a row (and the 5th time I have had a long streak in the past 2 days) that is far from my fault.... I seriously want to cause violence upon the maker of the match making system.

I wish I could cuss in this forum I could create such a poem for PGI that it might cause their eyeballs to explode.

#48 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

View PostLotharian, on 23 August 2014 - 09:56 PM, said:

After this challenge I may never want to play this game again, starting to seriously hate the players and the game, so much poo talking by the winning teams and after the 15th loss in a row (and the 5th time I have had a long streak in the past 2 days) that is far from my fault.... I seriously want to cause violence upon the maker of the match making system.

I wish I could cuss in this forum I could create such a poem for PGI that it might cause their eyeballs to explode.

:ph34r:

#49 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 09:58 PM

View PostLotharian, on 23 August 2014 - 09:48 PM, said:

I have input 20 hrs and have 11 wins, average dmg per match is well over 500, see a problem here???????? I DO

damage doesn't = wins

#50 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:03 PM

I'm dubious that after 20 hours you have an average damage over 500. I think you remember your good games more than your bad ones.

#51 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:10 PM

View PostSoulscour, on 23 August 2014 - 09:58 PM, said:

damage doesn't = wins

Oh I agree it just means I did more than show up. I just wish everyone else would do the same,... then there would be wins Einstein.

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 10:03 PM, said:

I'm dubious that after 20 hours you have an average damage over 500. I think you remember your good games more than your bad ones.

No, this is far from true, I'm almost always the last man standing, and you are correct I got wasted in the first min by a team mate that also killed two others on my team with 0 damage but the two rounds where I had over 1k made up for it.

#52 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:13 PM

View PostLotharian, on 23 August 2014 - 10:10 PM, said:

Oh I agree it just means I did more than show up. I just wish everyone else would do the same,... then there would be wins Einstein.

No, this is far from true, I'm almost always the last man standing, and you are correct I got wasted in the first min by a team mate that also killed two others on my team with 0 damage but the two rounds where I had over 1k made up for it.

If that was true statistically you'd drive wins. Perhaps you're doing damage in a way that doesn't help get kills. There's a lot of observations that can be made but the idea that somehow the teams you get are worse than what everyone else gets isn't logically one of them. The game is no harder for you than it is for anyone else.

#53 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:14 PM

Ya think I'm bitter? Yeah a bit. Wishing I would not care so much about this challenge but for some reason because it is difficult I can not let it go. Bad thing is I will no doubt not want to play this game at its conclusion. Of all the things they could do this is the worst, the last challenge was fun and rewarding, the point system worked, you had to fight to get points not run off to be the first killed borking your team.

#54 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 10:48 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 23 August 2014 - 10:13 PM, said:

If that was true statistically you'd drive wins. Perhaps you're doing damage in a way that doesn't help get kills. There's a lot of observations that can be made but the idea that somehow the teams you get are worse than what everyone else gets isn't logically one of them. The game is no harder for you than it is for anyone else.

I'm sure he knows where to shoot and is generally getting good damage. Perhaps he's out of position. Winning has a lot more to do with your team being at the right place or places at the right time.

#55 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:31 PM

34/50 right now, trying to get to 40 before sleep

#56 Mazikar

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 400 posts
  • LocationLas Vegas

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:37 PM

View PostSoulscour, on 23 August 2014 - 10:48 PM, said:

I'm sure he knows where to shoot and is generally getting good damage. Perhaps he's out of position. Winning has a lot more to do with your team being at the right place or places at the right time.

Hey man I will 100% agree. I seriously try my best to go with the flow, I'm seasoned in pug. Before the challenge I could get most people to back my play and get a win but now, seriously I'm not sure whats up. Night time is good, seasoned players are up at night and I'm loving it. Day shift... was a WTF, it was crazy bad, never play again bad. I need to get a video or two. Im going to live it up right now, its normality.

#57 Soulscour

• Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 1,117 posts

Posted 23 August 2014 - 11:39 PM

I just got win 50! My overall strategy was to maximize wins by playing a ecm light on conquest only and stealing wins through cap on larger maps. Most losses were on small maps. Overall record was 50-23. Used ECM spider whole time with cap module, siesmic, improved airstrike, and improved UAV. Might have been better record but I went 9 hours last night and I dropped a bunch of losses in the last hour or two due to fatigue/carelessness/lack of focus.

#58 STEF_

• The Nocturnal
  • The Nocturnal
  • 5,443 posts
  • Locationmy cockpit

Posted 24 August 2014 - 12:09 AM

Just completed!!
50 wins and challenge achieved.

Not for the mech bay, not for the premium week, not for the c-bills
BUT for what many people forget: for fun!

This weekend I saw a lot of brawling matches, maybe because a lot of pilots were in a hurry and it seemed that a match HAD to end in 5 minutes :ph34r:

So I saw a lot of bad play, but it's ok.... it seemed like 20-year-ago quake frag festival.
MWO can be fun in this way too.

So, now..... I go to pilot my shadowhawk again, because I can get enough to play.

Thank PGI. More challenge!

#59 Vertigo 1

• PipPipPip
  • The Defiant
  • The Defiant
  • 88 posts
  • LocationAustin, TX

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:02 AM

Just got my 50 wins. Was a fun journey and wasn't as bad as I thought, but I did do my best to coordinate with my team and formulate some main strat at the beginning of each round.

Is there a way to see my win/loss ratio throughout the challenge? Or would I have had to have been keeping track?

Edited by Vertigo 1, 24 August 2014 - 01:04 AM.

#60 McValium

Volunteer Moderator

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 301 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 01:04 AM

completed like 9 hours argo, 50 wins - 95 matches overall, should have switched to my timber earlier^^

12 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 12 guests, 0 anonymous users