#421 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:23 PM

View PostRoland, on 26 August 2014 - 02:09 PM, said:

It's funny now with the unit tags when you see folks doing this.

Mudhut finally gets served with full paranoia. Now he'll blame the Clans!

#422 Roland

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,260 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:28 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 August 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

What's funny is that I actually saw some guys doing it today already, and then they bragged when they won the match with 3 of them... When it was pointed out that they sync dropped, they said, "It was an accident."

lol

#423 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:33 PM

View PostRoland, on 26 August 2014 - 02:28 PM, said:

What's funny is that I actually saw some guys doing it today already, and then they bragged when they won the match with 3 of them... When it was pointed out that they sync dropped, they said, "It was an accident."

lol

ggclose

At least public embarrassment can begin... except name and shame. :)

Edited by Deathlike, 26 August 2014 - 02:34 PM.

#424 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:37 PM

What I love is the sudden quiet when we got confirmation that it is, in fact, cheating. So we have 21 pages of, effectively, people going on about cheating and how often they do it and why.

Not that I'm saying anyone needs to be in trouble; honest mistakes happen.

Still.... Funny.

#425 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:40 PM

Did someone confirm it?

#426 cranect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 460 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:44 PM

No it just isn't worth the effort. Nobody is really listening to each other anyway. Its a game why can't people do what they enjoy. Sync dropping isn't reliable enough to get a real advantage and honestly I saw some of the people in this thread more than 30 times over Friday and Saturday. To the point that I got tired of fighting the same people. Also the whole thing is just irritating me reading it, but thats just because I had forgotten why I don't read these forums.

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 August 2014 - 01:13 PM, said:

Because I'm the sort of freak who likes to know what I'm talking about before i go chiming off too much on it ie emailed support. They said yes, sync dropping is against the rules and can be reported and is subject to punishment. They said they would nudge a community support guy to come clear that up.

I recommend everyone discussing their sync dropping exploits go scrub their posts before the cops show up.

NARC. Works on Caustic, Alpine, Forest and the forums!

Here is where it was "confirmed"

Edited by cranect, 26 August 2014 - 02:45 PM.

#427 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:47 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 26 August 2014 - 02:23 PM, said:

well they've got to have SOMEthing to blame. It'll be new players next.

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 August 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

What I love is the sudden quiet when we got confirmation that it is, in fact, cheating.

where?

#428 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM

I cant speak for everyone else opposing syncdrops but i have no problem with fun drops like Marik Mondays. A bunch of guys dropping in trial mechs derping around is harmless fun. Its the guys like these seraphrim who are deliberately trying to farm in solo or people that syncdropped to game the rules on the contest this weekend are the problem. It cheapens the effort and hours the rest of us put in to complete the challenge the right way.

70% of the player population is solo. PGI split the ques because premades fighting solos had a massive advantage due to coms. Now groups fight other groups and solos fight solo as it should be. If you cant hang in your own que with a level playing field than you need to work on your skills. Not come over to the solo que desperate for the massive advantage you used to enjoy. You want to win? Than improve your individual skills and group teamwork and you will. Trying to exploit to gain an advantage ingame that is now illegal just makes you a bad, lazy, player.

#429 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:56 PM

View Postbeerandasmoke, on 26 August 2014 - 02:52 PM, said:

PGI split the ques because premades fighting solos had a massive advantage due to coms.

so when voip is implemented the queues should go back together

#430 beerandasmoke

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 498 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:58 PM

View PostSandpit, on 26 August 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

When that happens than you make a thread about it. I wouldnt hold my breath though. Till then solos play solos, groups play groups.

#431 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:59 PM

View PostSandpit, on 26 August 2014 - 02:56 PM, said:

I'm not sure why it even matters, since the two queues are obviously populated enough to support both the solo and groups.

#432 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:17 PM

View PostRoland, on 26 August 2014 - 02:59 PM, said:

I'm not sure why it even matters, since the two queues are obviously populated enough to support both the solo and groups.

Because the thing everyone wants to gloss over is that CW isn't going to have separate queues based on everything PGI has said about CW thus far.

#433 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:33 PM

View PostSandpit, on 26 August 2014 - 02:47 PM, said:

well they've got to have SOMEthing to blame. It'll be new players next.

where?

The confirmation was that I made it public sync drops exist, and since sync drops = cheating, that was the 'confirmation' they were looking for. A solution looking for a reason to exist for a non existant problem.

SO...

...in the spirit of fair play and honesty, and pending the permission of my commanding officer, Alex Reed, for he is the one who could give permission to our TS, I would like to invite any Mod, Dev or PGI/IGP official who would wish to join us in our Seraphim Scramble every (except for tonight, we've got other things going on) Tues (for our casual garrison forces) and Fri evenings after our team meeting and see what we do. If we are doing something 'illegal' by the rules and regulations of PGI, we the Seraphim would cease officially with this practice. This might be a bit premature but it would at least settle this issue once and for all and end this usless bickering.

I know this much about my commanding officers that being a good member of this game is important to us, and in all honesty, none of us can see anything we are doing that is wrong, immoral or unethical. The opinions that matter to us are the masters of the game for we play here at their pleasure, and the bedrock of our Faith, to whom we serve.

It may be a premature invitation in my CO's eyes, but at this point I'll beg forgiveness from him rather than permission to seek a quick end to this all.

#434 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 03:56 PM

I just want to know where PGI confirmed this is cheating

#435 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:13 PM

Reppu said so to me in an e-mail to support. I responded that most people don't seem to realize that and there is a 21 page thread about it on the forums. He said he would prod a community person about it.

PGI may come back and say that it's not worth the trouble to police or whatever they feel is best. At present though according to support if you report it they will investigate it -on account of it being exploiting the mm to get around the whole solo queue limitation.

I don't want to try and speak on behalf of PGI though and I dislike the idea of posting the contents of an email from support into the forums. I don't think the response was written as an official address to the community but as an answer to my question.

I'm sure that when Niko is done dealing with all the drama today with tags and names we will get an official community address. Or maybe before someone does something like sync dropping in the pug queue they could pm Niko or even reach out to support.

#436 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:19 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 August 2014 - 04:13 PM, said:

Reppu said so to me in an e-mail to support. I responded that most people don't seem to realize that and there is a 21 page thread about it on the forums. He said he would prod a community person about it.

PGI may come back and say that it's not worth the trouble to police or whatever they feel is best. At present though according to support if you report it they will investigate it -on account of it being exploiting the mm to get around the whole solo queue limitation.

I don't want to try and speak on behalf of PGI though and I dislike the idea of posting the contents of an email from support into the forums. I don't think the response was written as an official address to the community but as an answer to my question.

I'm sure that when Niko is done dealing with all the drama today with tags and names we will get an official community address. Or maybe before someone does something like sync dropping in the pug queue they could pm Niko or even reach out to support.

we'll wait and see but I don't see how
A) they can effectively police it. It already takes several days for them to respond to a player report with screenshots and evidence.

:) how they can prove it

Even players who are doing it for "nefarious" reasons can't do it every time. They'd be lucky to get it 2-3 times out of 10 much less in a row.

We'll see what they say but I imagine this is just going to be another "FOV" debacle.

#437 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:56 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 26 August 2014 - 02:37 PM, said:

What I love is the sudden quiet when we got confirmation that it is, in fact, cheating. So we have 21 pages of, effectively, people going on about cheating and how often they do it and why.

Not that I'm saying anyone needs to be in trouble; honest mistakes happen.

Still.... Funny.

Sorry I was at work and haven't had a chance to reply :) Now I'll take you at your word that you received confirmation on sync dropping = cheating. However until such time as a PGI official posts publicly that it is so and updates the CoC I will continue to play as I always have. And I won't be surprised if we end up with a different answer then you suspect.

Here are a few links for everyone.
http://mwomercs.com/...ght-on-comstar/ Over a year ago on the Comstar NGNG TS server. Same argument came up that we only want to kill puppies, no official response concerning sync drops being illegal.

http://mwomercs.com/...e/page__st__100
Niko pops in to pin one of the Marik threads, open discussion of MMM abounds.

http://mwomercs.com/...on-the-frr-hub/
The FRR version of Marik Madness, Post title proudly proclaims that it is a sync drop event. No official comment that its not okay, mmmkaay.

http://mwomercs.com/...ity-sync-drops/
Same for Steiner, I have to admit that while we have the Bacon it looks to be that they have the babes.

Yep lots of chances for an official statement on these events.

#438 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 August 2014 - 04:59 PM

View PostSandpit, on 26 August 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

I just want to know where PGI confirmed this is cheating

It hasn't, and that's why I cleared it to invite any PGI/IGP official to come to an official Seraphim Scramble to investigate this playstyle. If this is cheating... which I completely believe to be a malicious lie... then it should be stopped. But since it isn't cheating from everything I see... I want to shut up those defaming my character, and those of every other unit who does this for the fun and entertainment of their members.

#439 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:21 PM

View PostKjudoon, on 26 August 2014 - 04:59 PM, said:

It hasn't, and that's why I cleared it to invite any PGI/IGP official to come to an official Seraphim Scramble to investigate this playstyle. If this is cheating... which I completely believe to be a malicious lie... then it should be stopped. But since it isn't cheating from everything I see... I want to shut up those defaming my character, and those of every other unit who does this for the fun and entertainment of their members.

I don't think anyone was trying to defame you personally, I understand Mischief's PoV on it. There ARE players out there who do this to try and game the system in order to gain an advantage in the solo queue.

There are also players who simply do it for things like marik madness and civil war just to goof and play against each other as often as they play together. It's more about intent than execution.

#440 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:24 PM

So contact support. That stuff was a year ago before queue split.

28 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 28 guests, 0 anonymous users