Can You Stop The Practice Pgi?

946 replies to this topic

#761 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:11 PM

C-c-c-c-c-c-combo breaker!!!

No, I mean the madness. It's utter chaos in there. Some games you get people who know what they're doing. Other games you get clueless tools. Sometimes a mix of both. Sometimes a mix of neither. Sometimes theres a guy in a dwf or tbr that will singlehandedly carry the entire game. Sometimes more than one. On your team, and the other team. Sometimes ill JJ on top of an assaults head with my kfx, and be a mech hat.

With all the variables above, I fail to see how it matters if a handful of people sync drop 1 out of 100 of the games I play. The only people it would matter to are bads, that suck so terribly they need to be handheld by devs in a solo queue that's already chock full of crazy (i.e. the above mentioned madness).

Ergo, git gud.

#762 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:29 PM

Weeeeeeeeee'rrreeeee ON the bus to K-Town! The wonders of K-town for us!

#763 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:35 PM

Okay. So all that happens in group queue too. There is no extra "madness" in solo queue. If there was, wouldn't that eliminate all the 'group queue is too hard/competitive' arguments that have been made for why people have to sync drop groups to play against solo players.

So your argument is that a few players exploiting the matchmaker to drop as groups against solo players in the solo queue, where everyone who isn't exploiting the matchmaker in that way is exactly like people with different Elo scores on the same team.... Which happens in the group queue.

#764 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:48 PM

View PostbobF, on 01 September 2014 - 12:11 PM, said:

. The only people it would matter to are bads, that suck so terribly they need to be handheld by devs in a solo queue that's already chock full of crazy (i.e. the above mentioned madness).

Ergo, git gud.

The people sync dropping ARE the bads.
That's why they are sync dropping instead of playing in the group queue. Because they aren't good enough to engage in fair fights, and they get rolled in the group queue.

#765 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:51 PM

View PostRoland, on 01 September 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

That's why they are sync dropping instead of playing in the group queue. Because they aren't good enough to engage in fair fights, and they get rolled in the group queue.

But they do it for fun!!!

Albeit at the expense of others.

#766 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

One benefit to all this is we have identified a lot of the participants and supporters afraid to admit it doing so. :)

Edited by Mudhutwarrior, 01 September 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#767 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

No no, the solo queue has "The Madness"™. It's totes harderer and they, while exploiting, are an important part of the experience. Because when some people exploit it doesn't affect the game experience for others.

Because groups playing against solo players is fine but larger groups against smaller groups is unfair. Because reasons. And hard. And it isn't a big advantage some times so it's okay when it is.

Because large groups are mean for beating small groups but sync groups beating solo players is fun.

Cuz, you know. Them reasons again.

Edited by MischiefSC, 01 September 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#768 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:21 PM

And again, not illegal, and not everyone who sync drops falls into the categories you guys are trying to fit them into.

#769 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 02:39 PM

View PostSandpit, on 01 September 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

And again, not illegal, and not everyone who sync drops falls into the categories you guys are trying to fit them into.

I say called it exploiting - which is what it is and what Paul referred to it as. That it's it punished I didn't speak to, though support hasa different view and the Dev quote from 2012 implies it's only legit until phase 3. As said before waiting for clarification on it.

As to why people sync, you can justify it however you want. It's still syncing to drop as a group in the solo queue instead of the group queue. There is no 'good' excuse for that. It's an exploit that provides an advantage. The same one that the same people are complaining about in group queue.

#770 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 03:58 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 September 2014 - 12:35 PM, said:

So your argument is that a few players exploiting the matchmaker to drop as groups against solo players in the solo queue, where everyone who isn't exploiting the matchmaker in that way is exactly like people with different Elo scores on the same team.... Which happens in the group queue.

You are correct. Now you're beginning to understand why this thread is ridiculous. You have an equivalent player experience across both queues. You either get ownd by bored meta players in solo, ownd apparently by sync droppers (still havent seen it), ownd by 10+ mans in group, and ownd by Madness™ overall. The magic cure to all these problems are: Skillz. And a good sense of humor helps as well.

Given you have the testimony of one regular solo player who thinks drop syncing is happening everywhere, testimony from me that I haven't seen it and who cares, stuff from a guy doing it with his outfit for non-farming enjoyment, and finally from people who don't care about solo queue to begin with and just want to punish players for blasphemous transgressions based on a statement from 2 years ago, I think we can safely walk away from this non-issue. I hope everybody had a good time in this thread.

Edited by bobF, 01 September 2014 - 04:01 PM.

#771 ApolloKaras

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,974 posts
  • LocationSeattle, Washington

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:33 PM

View PostSandpit, on 01 September 2014 - 02:21 PM, said:

If ya kinda do it on purpose, and you are intending to meet up with other people on your unit in a solo queue match, you fall under the "Bad" category.

#772 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 04:55 PM

View PostbobF, on 01 September 2014 - 03:58 PM, said:

You are correct. Now you're beginning to understand why this thread is ridiculous. You have an equivalent player experience across both queues. You either get ownd by bored meta players in solo, ownd apparently by sync droppers (still havent seen it), ownd by 10+ mans in group, and ownd by Madness™ overall. The magic cure to all these problems are: Skillz. And a good sense of humor helps as well.

Given you have the testimony of one regular solo player who thinks drop syncing is happening everywhere, testimony from me that I haven't seen it and who cares, stuff from a guy doing it with his outfit for non-farming enjoyment, and finally from people who don't care about solo queue to begin with and just want to punish players for blasphemous transgressions based on a statement from 2 years ago, I think we can safely walk away from this non-issue. I hope everybody had a good time in this thread.

So essentially if they don't rub your face in it you're done with exploits? So if I roll with the aimbot but you rarely see me in a match it would be fine?

So let's make this clear - sync dropping is exploiting to get an advantage. It may or may not be punishable but it is exploiting. Elo doesn't account for it because in the context of the solo queue everyone is assumed to be dropping solo. If you are in a group you have an advantage that isn't accounted for.

Which is all fine for you so long as you never really notice.

Okay then, help me understand why you having an opinion of basically "I don't care what impacts anyone else so long as it doesn't bother me" should in turn hold any weight for anyone else?

#773 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:29 PM

View PostSaxie, on 01 September 2014 - 04:33 PM, said:

If ya kinda do it on purpose, and you are intending to meet up with other people on your unit in a solo queue match, you fall under the "Bad" category.

Everyone is welcome to their opinion. I've refrained from giving mine thus far one way or the other BUT just remember. When you call others or what they're doing "bad" just because a personal opinion on it deems it "bad" if people start "shaming" "belittling" or otherwise giving others a hard time because they do it, it becomes an issue where the "good" guys become the "bad" guys because they're harassing/griefing other players. It's no different than a player badgering another over things like "yiu suck because (insert any number of reasons we've seen over the years here) is unfair and you're a bad person.

there were the exact same arguments over cockpit glass, fov adjustment, and grain removal.

PGI has said it's not illegal. That's why I keep saying make your argument to pgi and leave personal opinions about players who sync drop out of it because all that does is get everyone arguing back and forth about skill levels epeens and such.

give suggestions on how to fix it. If it gets refuted with issues it would create then offer up ways to prevent those issues.

There have been a couple of suggestions regarding no players in same unit. That doesn't really do much considering there's just as many mariks on public ts servservers not in any specific unit. Not to mention there is no problem with just dropping out of a specific unit to bypass a filter like that.

#774 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:46 PM

Nah, calling out people who are abusing solo pugs because they are too bad to hack it in the group queue doesn't make you bad.

They are still the bads.

#775 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 01 September 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostRoland, on 01 September 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

This guy gets it.

#776 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:01 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 01 September 2014 - 04:55 PM, said:

Okay then, help me understand why you having an opinion of basically "I don't care what impacts anyone else so long as it doesn't bother me" should in turn hold any weight for anyone else?

I blame society, where the modern social engineering of the american male has generally turned most of you into weak simpletons. The aggressive sociopaths left are inducted into the security forces. Reducing the scope of that statement to the context of gaming in general, then this game specifically, the upshot is that most of you should shake the sugar out of your panties. You're like the whiny kids that worry about being ganked in pvp, even if that person is only marginally more powerful. Your like the carebears that demand pvp lakes and massive restrictions/boundaries on combat so their mat farming pve isnt interrupted. You're like the qq'er that sheds rivers over perceived imbalance, and demands a dev fix the problem instead of stepping up. Finally, you're like the mouthbreather that derives self-worth from pointless and ephemeral online gaming.

Sync dropping is not an epidemic. It's more than likely a once-in-a-hundred game annoyance if there's a group out there truly trying to "farm" using this method. It's the same thing when running into an aimbotter in a punkbuster/VAC protected game. It happens. If it bugs you, leave the game and re-queue/join another server. No big deal, BECAUSE ITS A FRAKIN VIDEO GAME. This is the prime reason why if it doesn't bother me, it shouldn't bother you. If it does bother you, please refer to the first paragraph of this post.

I hope that clears things up.

#777 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:18 PM

View PostbobF, on 01 September 2014 - 10:53 AM, said:

No, my logic is that it's a complete non-issue, and that there's just 38 pages here of whining school girls in grown men's bodies lamenting how this non-issue "ruins" gameplay for a game mode the same crying kids never regularly play. And no, it shouldn't bother anyone. Like I said, bored players with skill running meta builds are just as disruptive, so the "unfairness" factor you people want to highlight, as if hordes of pro players are sync dropping, leaving piles of dead nub robots behind (not actually happening btw) is just some sad emotional nerd argument.

As for what you want or need, I obviously don't care. Stop shedding those first world tears for the sake of qq'ing on the forums, and I'll stop calling you people out.

Yea i will happily take advice from some guy who can't even tell which side people are on.

That and you aren't calling anyone out, you are just mouthing off trying to impress someone with how much of a internet badass you are....

#778 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 01 September 2014 - 06:59 PM

Whatever
You guys have fun with your circular arguments that offer up nothing constructive

#779 Johnny Reb

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,945 posts
  • LocationColumbus, Ohio. However, I hate the Suckeyes!

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:14 PM

I really only found sync dropping reliable months ago when we tried to drop two 12 man teams together to do 1v1 or 2v2 duels. Only other time I have seen pug sync dropping is when its a solo only tourney and we cant do groups so we sync, then with 6-8 doing it lucky to drop with 1-2, mostly likely with both against you or 1 against you. I personally prefer to stay in the group que.

edit: also now it should be easy to see who is sync dropping with players in the same unit.

Edited by Johnny Reb, 01 September 2014 - 07:21 PM.

#780 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 01 September 2014 - 07:32 PM

The only time Sync dropping truely worked the way the freakers are claiming is when it was the only way to do 12v12 in the public 12man queue. Constantly being told "failed sync drop, we're going out of bounds or quick brawl in the middle?"

usually the population there was so low, you were usually going to see the same 2-3 teams playing at the same time anyway for hours desperately trying to get a match.

30 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 30 guests, 0 anonymous users