• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:01 AM

View PostNicolai Kabrinsky, on 04 September 2014 - 06:12 AM, said:

Bacon-wrapped onion rings.

Those better not be Vidalia or, worse, Cévennes onions. Just imagine the sacrilege.

#922 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

View PostDaZur, on 04 September 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

[/size]

Sync-dropping, while a clear act of willful douchiary action and is widely frowned upon by the community... Has no clear "rule" defining it as being "illegal".

except that it HAS been defined as legal. Straight from Paul. So present points that show why PGI should change its ruling. I'm not defending or condemning either "side", I AM, however, condemning those who want to attack other players because they don't like PGI's policy that some are legally following.

#923 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:06 AM

View PostRussianWolf, on 04 September 2014 - 08:54 AM, said:

And we know all parents must be good sports. ;)

You know as well as me that most parents are very BAD sports when it comes to their kids failing.

Eleanor-esque?

Well, you just said that those who sync drop have an advantage, and that's an attack apparently. I'm still learning the rules myself,

Not an attack. Being on comms together is an Advantage. An attack would be calling them names, Shaming, or the like.

#924 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:11 AM

View PostRoland, on 04 September 2014 - 08:27 AM, said:

Legal is not necessarily the metric by which we deem things acceptable.

Is that why torture was "temporarily" made both "legal" and "acceptable" in you know where by you know whom? :ph34r:

<
:ph34r:
This topic should have already outlived its purpose. But ridiculously it is still alive. So I am intentionally throwing gasoline around.
:ph34r:
>

Edited by Mystere, 04 September 2014 - 09:11 AM.

#925 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:13 AM

View PostSandpit, on 04 September 2014 - 09:06 AM, said:

except that it HAS been defined as legal. Straight from Paul. So present points that show why PGI should change its ruling. I'm not defending or condemning either "side", I AM, however, condemning those who want to attack other players because they don't like PGI's policy that some are legally following.

"Saying" it's wrong is not the same as "being wrong"... Until PGI clamps down and ToC states it, ... Paul's commentary is no more valid or rational than the participants in this thread "saying it's wrong".

#926 RussianWolf

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:17 AM

View PostDaZur, on 04 September 2014 - 08:58 AM, said:

[/size]
Your example is a clear case of rules being broken (FYI all, youth football organizations have a clear rules in terms of age, weight, and geographical boundaries)... A parent skirting those rules is making a concerted effort to hide the factual information to net gains...

Sync-dropping, while a clear act of willful douchiary action and is widely frowned upon by the community... Has no clear "rule" defining it as being "illegal".

So you are saying that If I hold my kid back a couple grades, he will not be allowed to play HS football at his Public school if he wants to?

I know I've seen what you are describing happen plenty of time in Little League/Peewee League, but those aren't school affiliated sports clubs.

#927 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:22 AM

View PostRoland, on 04 September 2014 - 08:40 AM, said:

I can shame you for whatever I want. It doesn't have to technically be cheating.

I know I said I was out of this after getting Mal to agree to try to get a response on this, but I couldn't help myself here.
Direct from the CoC
Harassment / Defamation / Insults
Our definition of Harassment / Defamation / Insults includes: Naming and shaming the alleged misconduct of other players.
So, you may not shame anyone for alleged misconduct. Lawyered!

#928 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:26 AM

View PostQuackAttack, on 04 September 2014 - 09:22 AM, said:

I know I said I was out of this after getting Mal to agree to try to get a response on this, but I couldn't help myself here.
Direct from the CoC
Harassment / Defamation / Insults
Our definition of Harassment / Defamation / Insults includes: Naming and shaming the alleged misconduct of other players.
So, you may not shame anyone for alleged misconduct. Lawyered!

that only applies if you are calling out a specific person. "Naming".

Lawyered better.

#929 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:38 AM

View PostDaZur, on 04 September 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

"Saying" it's wrong is not the same as "being wrong"... Until PGI clamps down and ToC states it, ... Paul's commentary is no more valid or rational than the participants in this thread "saying it's wrong".

exactly

View PostRussianWolf, on 04 September 2014 - 09:26 AM, said:

that only applies if you are calling out a specific person. "Naming".

Lawyered better.

when you reply in direct responses to those that talk about how they sync drop, that's exactly what you're doing. Even if YOU haven't done it personally, it's been done plenty of times throughout this thread

#930 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:43 AM

View PostSandpit, on 04 September 2014 - 09:38 AM, said:

exactly

when you reply in direct responses to those that talk about how they sync drop, that's exactly what you're doing. Even if YOU haven't done it personally, it's been done plenty of times throughout this thread

Then I guess it should be added to that list of "allowable exploits" since it seems to go unpunished by the Mods for the most part.

#931 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostRussianWolf, on 04 September 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Then I guess it should be added to that list of "allowable exploits" since it seems to go unpunished by the Mods for the most part.

ok

#932 DaZur

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 7,511 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 04 September 2014 - 09:54 AM

View PostRussianWolf, on 04 September 2014 - 09:17 AM, said:

So you are saying that If I hold my kid back a couple grades, he will not be allowed to play HS football at his Public school if he wants to?

I know I've seen what you are describing happen plenty of time in Little League/Peewee League, but those aren't school affiliated sports clubs.

I can't qualify "all"... but for WIAA sanctioned football (Youth through HS Varsity) there are max age restrictions for each grade and in youth level to include max weight. ;)

#933 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:38 AM

View PostRussianWolf, on 04 September 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

Why would it need to be if it is not being punished???

#934 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:41 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 September 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

it's quite apparent that some are either too dense or too stubborn to understand the difference between "illegal" and "i don't like it"

#935 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 10:48 AM

View PostSandpit, on 04 September 2014 - 10:41 AM, said:

it's quite apparent that some are either too dense or too stubborn to understand the difference between "illegal" and "i don't like it"

Posted Image
Roland the Accuser!

#936 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:15 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 04 September 2014 - 10:38 AM, said:

for the same reason that they list the "excepted exploits" for other rules.

Something along the lines of - "Naming & Shaming is not allowed and will not be tolerated. Unless of course you willingly go on the forums and stick your foot in your mouth. Then all bets are off. "

I mean go back and look at the first page or so.

"Sync Dropping is rampant"
"What are you talking about, no one does that any more"
"Oh, Me and my team sync drop because the Group queue is too competitive and we just want to have fun"
"What? you are syncing into the solo queue because you find the group queue too hard?"
"Yeah, you're kidding, right?"
"No, we do it all the time..............

Its not as if someone came in and said " oh, group XXX is sync dropping and they suck" or a specific person. Someone complained about something. Others didn't think it was a big deal, then someone voluntarily admits that his group does it. Then everything kinda went off the rails.

#937 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:30 AM

View PostRussianWolf, on 04 September 2014 - 11:15 AM, said:

for the same reason that they list the "excepted exploits" for other rules.

Something along the lines of - "Naming & Shaming is not allowed and will not be tolerated. Unless of course you willingly go on the forums and stick your foot in your mouth. Then all bets are off. "

I mean go back and look at the first page or so.

"Sync Dropping is rampant"
"What are you talking about, no one does that any more"
"Oh, Me and my team sync drop because the Group queue is too competitive and we just want to have fun"
"What? you are syncing into the solo queue because you find the group queue too hard?"
"Yeah, you're kidding, right?"
"No, we do it all the time..............

Its not as if someone came in and said " oh, group XXX is sync dropping and they suck" or a specific person. Someone complained about something. Others didn't think it was a big deal, then someone voluntarily admits that his group does it. Then everything kinda went off the rails.

However someone DID come in here and say we should shame anyone who openly sync drops, also many many people Attempt to shame members on this forum all the time. I had posts removed from a thread yesterday(not a complaint mind you), for debating with a member who was openly trying to shame another play and then myself when we did not oblige him and disagreed with his opinion. Just sayin.

Edited by Joseph Mallan, 04 September 2014 - 11:31 AM.

#938 Phaeric Cyrh

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 123 posts

Posted 04 September 2014 - 11:53 AM

View PostSandpit, on 24 August 2014 - 08:59 AM, said:

I could say the same thing about things like
command console
TC (up until a month ago)
LP
LP Medallions
Various Piloting Skills

Just because it's not working as intended doesn't mean that PGI didn't put it into the game. It was never pursued much, not because people didn't want VOIP, but because TS was already heavily used by organized units and players, C3's interface sucked in general, and PGI made a poor decision on which VOIP service to integrate into their game.

I just wanted to point out that PGI did, in fact, put a voip option into the game which is why I felt calling the use of TS an exploit was just inaccurate.

Could you please tell me how to use C3 in MWO? I would love to use the integrated VOIP feature.

#939 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostPhaeric Cyrh, on 04 September 2014 - 11:53 AM, said:

Could you please tell me how to use C3 in MWO? I would love to use the integrated VOIP feature.

turn it on in under your options menu

#940 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 04 September 2014 - 01:02 PM

Then you have people who want to relate stuff on here to real world terrorist activities and churches

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users