#381 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:40 PM

Synch dropping doesn't work terribly well in the PUG queue, since you tend to match up relatively by ELO. So long as you and your friends have roughly equal competence, you are much more likely to end up different drops, or at least on opposite sides of the map.

Amusingly, though, I kept seeing the same four or five people over and over and over drop after drop this weekend, which suggests to some degree that we're all settling nicely into our little circles of hell.

#382 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostSandpit, on 25 August 2014 - 06:35 PM, said:

possibly, but it's still not illegal or cheating. PGI has had every opportunity to chime in on this topic. Let's see what they've said about

Hmmm....
Yea sounds about right. Maybe we should check reddit
or facebook
or twitter
or the NGNG site
or every other outlet besides the official forums since they refuse to post important info here

very true

#383 krash27

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • Shredder
  • 582 posts
  • LocationAlberta, Canada

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:41 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 23 August 2014 - 01:06 PM, said:

Oh... Then PGI will not look into it. If its easy its beyond PGI.
;) B) :D

Pfft this is not true, why just the other day they were saying they were going to expand ghost heat to fix this problem!

#384 Hellcat420

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 1,520 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:44 PM

omg people are sync dropping, break out the torches and pitchforks!!!!!! the problem is sync dropping is going to happen nomatter what, even when people dont try to sync drop it happens anyhow. are you going to ban people for being put randomly in a game with someone else from their clan by the matchmaker? how do you tell the difference?

#385 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 06:47 PM

The '1-4 queue we used to have' used to be mixing premades with solos, which was proven, repeatedly, to strongly favor the premades. Which is why they split the queue.

Which seems to be the gist of your problem.

The part that makes all of this so sad is that the issue, fundamentally, is that some people really only have fun playing when they have an advantage. They don't 'enjoy' playing without one. The group queue is fine for 2-4mans, people play that way there all the time. Statistically you've got as many or more stomps in solo queue -

Unless, of course, you're dropping a group against pugs. Then you're stacking the deck in your favor. I'm sure that is 'fun' if you're someone with no interest in challenge, fair-play or who has any issue with being what is at its core a cheater.

If someone can't play without an advantage then, well, they need to be disappointed. If they're not disappointed and are getting what they want it means there is something broken in the game. If your game does not include any sort of fair play and by that I mean even the imbalances are on a relatively even scale (which, without sync dropping, they are), then the game is a bad game.

Kjudoon you've pretty much posted solid strawman arguments for the last dozen pages. I realize that you can't post anything genuine because the genuine topic content is pretty irrefutable, so you go into tangents and strawmen (self-created problems that nobody else is talking about and are not actually part of the topic itself) to argue against and hyperbole whenever you do graze past the primary topic -

which is that sync droping in the solo queue has no purpose but to get an advantage, which you don't get in the group queue and you don't find playing fun if you don't have an advantage. That is so fundamentally sad that it's hard to keep reading these posts without wincing in sympathetic pain.

Seriously, just stop. At this point it feels like a bunch of MMA heavy-weights tag-team curb-stomping a 3-legged puppy. We've already touched on how easy it would be to police sync-dropping and stop it and it's got nothing to do with accidentally ending up in a match with someone in your friends list nor should it even involve bans - just a bronze queue, where if you're flagged in it then you get a random extensions to your queue time to make syncing functionally impossible. This would only come up if you ended up with atypical examples of syncing with specific people (or their alt accounts).

But we've been over this. You're trying to create arguments and create absurdities around simple realities to justify exploiting to avoid playing in the group queue - which everyone else does just fine. I don't use voip even; never have in MW:O, I play there almost nightly and do fine. So do the 50+ people in my friends list (though most of them use TS most the time) and amazingly everyone does alright.

Except, apparently, a few truly special little snowflakes for whom it's just ALL TOO HARD and with much hand-wringing and tear-wiping need to exploit the matchmaker to try and sync-drop in the solo queue to re-create the advantage that was intentionally removed in the creation of the solo queue because otherwise 'it's just not fun'.

There's just no way to have any respect for that. It's so feeble all you can do is headshake a bit. Just the idea of needing to do that depresses me. So I think I've made my point here, repeatedly, and am going to end with a <3. Good luck folks, I am absolutely confident PGI will deal appropriately with this one.

#386 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:03 PM

I have never dropped with you in Marik Monday Madness, you dropped with me in a 4 man with Roadbeer.

Really? I was dead sure I did. Well, my apologies.

Actually he is not I have talked with him, he is fine with because as he said MWO should not be easy environment where you can win every game.

Then my impression from things said by him was wrong.

aka I don't win as much as I used to...

My win loss ratio is pretty much the same, but the streaks are longer and they are almost always roflstomps one way or another. Aka... not fun.

"The accidental sync drop argument is dead. No validity, moving on"

Then there is no validity to intentional sync drop complaints. /thread

#387 Tarl Cabot

• Tai-sho
  • Tai-sho
  • 7,748 posts
  • LocationImperial City, Luthien - Draconis Combine

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:52 PM

The thing is do we know how damage is actually calculated? What happens when a mech is destroyed by legging it and it does not have ammo/other components equipped in that location?

The only times I have seen high damage is when the pilot has either generated an ammo explosion, or peeled the targets apart.

Basically, is the damage being shown as the following:
Armor 1pt =1dmg?
Internal structure 1pt=1dmg?
The health of equipment, example a component has 10 health but when you hit it it only had 3 left before you destroyed it.
Ammo - hit ammo and it explores. SRM has 100 missiles and the entire ton of ammo explores. Is that 200pts plus the health points left on the other components being destroyed?

And as pointed out it will also depend on the drop type, be it base/assault, skirmish or conquest as well as the choices each side makes, both the good and the bad ones.

#388 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 01:59 AM

So lets recap,

First in the beginning of thread we were told that synch drops don't happen or they are so unreliable they wont work anymore.
Then in several pages we find several postings admitting they do work all while others are still trying to say they dont.
Then we find more saying they have been dropping all weekend and long before.

Soon its "Not in the rules so its justified" starts while some still chime in it doesn't work.

After that we find that a few if not several factions still sponsor synch drops and the practice really never stopped since last year. One Marik Mondays just so happens to be the faction of the most prolific go down in flames fighting posters on this thread.

We have seen enough fraud, outright lies and false hoods to fill a manual here. Should we keep ignoring the elephant in the room doing their level best to make the experience for solos as bad as they can while profiting from it?

We hear teamwork and competition, carry harder non stop from these guys while they game the system. Are you sick of the fraud in all this?

#389 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:24 AM

Are you sick of the fraud in all this?

I'm sick of the fraud that this is an issue.

#390 Slepnir

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 723 posts
  • Locationyelm washington

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:39 AM

Might have something to do with it being a team game you want to play with friends...and then PGI makes all their challenges solo drop only ;) :D

#391 Mudhutwarrior

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:41 AM

View PostSlepnir, on 26 August 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

Might have something to do with it being a team game you want to play with friends...and then PGI makes all their challenges solo drop only ;) :D

Yes it does look like a big miscalculation on their part. Don't think it was intentional though. Its a learning curve for all of us and it does give a dysfunctional family appeal to the game.

#392 Kjudoon

• Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 26 August 2014 - 02:47 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 26 August 2014 - 02:39 AM, said:

After reading your posts I understand your position. Unfortunately I cannot reduce myself to think like you do. I will go out and beat some homeless people tonight and see if it helps my perspective.

Dude, you've been stirring this pot for your obvious personal entertainment value. You've offered no solutions, no ideas, no constructive points. Women that do this they call 'firestarters' because they like to watch the fights. That's precisely what you're doing.

That ain't the only miscalculation. Not everyone in a unit wants to play gung ho every game every time either. That is how you have to play in the group queue now if you want to have any modicum of success anymore unless you're matched with other random hodgepodges of small groups.. which rarely happens.

Edited by Kjudoon, 26 August 2014 - 02:48 AM.

#393 Escef

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 8,529 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationNew England

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:05 AM

I think the idea is to encourage team work in the solo queues. Because we honestly don't see enough of that.

#394 QuackAttack

• PipPipPip
  • Big Brother
  • Big Brother
  • 92 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

After reading your posts I understand your position. Unfortunately I cannot reduce myself to think like you do. I will go out and beat some homeless people tonight and see if it helps my perspective.

Now while I am certain you are speaking in jest, the above is a violation of the CoC. While Sync dropping is not covered unless you really try hard to fit it into the exploit category.
Real-Life Abuse
Our definition of Real-Life Threats includes
  • Referring to violence in any capacity that is not directly related to MechWarrior.

Edited by QuackAttack, 26 August 2014 - 05:46 AM.

#395 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:12 AM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 25 August 2014 - 06:40 PM, said:

Synch dropping doesn't work terribly well in the PUG queue, since you tend to match up relatively by ELO. So long as you and your friends have roughly equal competence, you are much more likely to end up different drops, or at least on opposite sides of the map.

Amusingly, though, I kept seeing the same four or five people over and over and over drop after drop this weekend, which suggests to some degree that we're all settling nicely into our little circles of hell.

Strangely, that can happen in the group queue.

Our 9 man team matched up with the same 3 man team 4 times in 5 matches (3 on the same map).

#396 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

After reading your posts it has been determined that everyone BUT you is trying to have an adult conversation as opposed to insulting each other. Why don't you try offering up something constructive for once instead of trolling your own thread?

#397 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:22 AM

Technically your still on a team. Regardless of variables your still on a team.

#398 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:23 AM

View PostQuackAttack, on 26 August 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

Now while I am certain you are speaking in jest, the above is a violation of the CoC. While Sync dropping is not covered unless you really try hard to fit it into the exploit category.
Real-Life Abuse
Our definition of Real-Life Threats includes
  • Referring to violence in any capacity that is not directly related to MechWarrior.

Just hit the report button dude, that takes care of it and the rest of us can continue having an adult conversation

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 26 August 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

Technically your still on a team. Regardless of variables your still on a team.

Agreed, too bad not enough solo players understand that. Once you get into higher Elo brackets it's not nearly as bad but below that..... woooooo it's bad. You actually get cussed and berated if you try to offer up any kind of strategy or tactics to use.

#399 Mystere

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 22,783 posts
  • LocationClassified

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:29 AM

View PostKjudoon, on 26 August 2014 - 02:47 AM, said:

Dude, you've been stirring this pot for your obvious personal entertainment value. You've offered no solutions, no ideas, no constructive points. Women that do this they call 'firestarters' because they like to watch the fights. That's precisely what you're doing.

Frankly, I kinda thought this was the case all along.

#400 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:30 AM

People need to learn, assaults spearhead. Everyone else should be able and ready to maneuver. attacking from just one side is a wasted effort unless you are going all in. TACTICS PEOPLE, THEY DO WORK

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users