• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 06:45 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 September 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

Mine is that I like unexpected challenges when I play. As a Lawman or a PUG. A small number of players on Comms is a challenge I will happily sink my teeth into... Even IF they get kicked in.

Until the DEVs post It is "Illegal" its just a tough challenge for me.

You can't get him to understand that dude, the ONLY person still trying to bait, derail, argue, etc. is, well I'm sure it's obvious to everyone at this point.

Anyhow...

I'm just curious as to what happens if PGI comes back and says exactly what Paul said previously.

#842 Mudhutwarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 4,183 posts
  • LocationThe perimieter, out here there are no stars.

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:03 AM

People will have to accept it either way. They can continue to play or not or make changes to suit their playstyle.

Pretty simple really.

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 03 September 2014 - 05:50 AM, said:

Mine is that I like unexpected challenges when I play. As a Lawman or a PUG. A small number of players on Comms is a challenge I will happily sink my teeth into... Even IF they get kicked in.

Until the DEVs post It is "Illegal" its just a tough challenge for me.

That's fine and for not having a dog in this fight per your own posts I don't understand the need to have a lot of nothing to say about it. By now most get that your find whichever the way the wind blows ok as long as you can comment on it. :)

Love ya man.

#843 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 03 September 2014 - 07:22 AM

View PostNick Makiaveli, on 02 September 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

First off, do you have any idea of how many members that unit has?

Second, if you didn't care, why did you say something?

getting 4 members into the same match without trying would be extremely unlikely, regardless of the number of members they have. We aren't talking about factions now, we are speaking of Unit Tags.

Why did I say something... because 4 is kinda obvious. Think I said something along the line of "I think I see some syncing going on" then I tried to kill the 12 players on the other side. Same thing I did when 4mans were allowed and I dropped against a Lords team. Same difference to me.

#844 Almond Brown

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 5,851 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:30 AM

View PostSandpit, on 02 September 2014 - 03:17 PM, said:

That's where you start getting the arguments we have in this thread

stuff

You have to have a policy. It's either ok or it's not. Make a policy for it and stick to it. You don't think the ones doing it to grief would just set up "random" and "periodic" "events" to just bypass a loophole like that?

stuff

Would not the "creation" of separate queues, "Solo" and "Team", from the once "All-in-One" queue not be the "Policy" you speak of?

As to having FUN nights in the Solo queue with Teams sync dropping? WTF! So those who the Solo queue was meant for should ALL avoid a certain night(s), a certain time frame(s) or NOT select a certain Match type(s), so that the "Teams" can play in the other end of the now split pool?

This whole thread is whack. Teams who think sync dropping into the Solo queue is OK? And trying to justify it... Whack I say, simply whack.

P.S. Kudos to Seraphim... ;)

Edited by Almond Brown, 03 September 2014 - 09:33 AM.

#845 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:40 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 03 September 2014 - 07:03 AM, said:

People will have to accept it either way. They can continue to play or not or make changes to suit their playstyle.

Pretty simple really.

That's fine and for not having a dog in this fight per your own posts I don't understand the need to have a lot of nothing to say about it. By now most get that your find whichever the way the wind blows ok as long as you can comment on it. :)

Love ya man.

Not just comment on it but revel in it during a drop. And as many like saying for themselves. The DEVs have to try to make this game fun for me so I will spend money!

#846 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:46 AM

View PostAlmond Brown, on 03 September 2014 - 09:30 AM, said:

Would not the "creation" of separate queues, "Solo" and "Team", from the once "All-in-One" queue not be the "Policy" you speak of?

As to having FUN nights in the Solo queue with Teams sync dropping? WTF! So those who the Solo queue was meant for should ALL avoid a certain night(s), a certain time frame(s) or NOT select a certain Match type(s), so that the "Teams" can play in the other end of the now split pool?

This whole thread is whack. Teams who think sync dropping into the Solo queue is OK? And trying to justify it... Whack I say, simply whack.

If you are going to use a term that old spell it right Almond. :P
Wack. The opposite of Def. :rolleyes:

#847 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 09:58 AM

for everyone over the last few pages that's been actually having a discussion?

This is exactly what I've been talking about. You have no basis to attack, rebuke, or otherwise try to pain an unflattering picture of groups that do that. If you don't like the practice, bug PGI about clarifying their rule on this, but don't attack other players about it.

;)

#848 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:00 AM

Almond brown has a point. A good point. They made them separate so players dont need to sync. For those spouting the nonsense of just because PGI doesn't enforce it so therefore their is nothing wrong with it is nonsense, and they are probably guilty of doing the same thing and thefore defend it to defend self.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 03 September 2014 - 10:03 AM.

#849 bobF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:26 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 03 September 2014 - 10:00 AM, said:

Almond brown has a point. A good point. They made them separate so players dont need to sync. For those spouting the nonsense of just because PGI doesn't enforce it so therefore their is nothing wrong with it is nonsense, and they are probably guilty of doing the same thing and thefore defend it to defend self.

Nooooooooooooooo. We were on the path to reason, now return to neckbeardism. Gj ppl.

#850 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:35 AM

View PostbobF, on 03 September 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

Nooooooooooooooo. We were on the path to reason, now return to neckbeardism. Gj ppl.

1. What the heck is neckbeardism.
2. I am always on the path to reason, its what I do.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 03 September 2014 - 10:35 AM.

#851 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Since solo que opened synch dropping has been getting worse daily. This Tournament weekend is the worst and its no secret anymore. I see it being discussed in chat openly including stompteams inviting others to join them in chat.

There is a group que for those who want to be on comms so what gives?

Its not to be with friends because there is an outlet for that so its only for exploiting the system for gain.
Its relatively easy to track players doing this practice so change the loose rules from two years ago and ban the practice then ban the players doing it. We know you can.

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 23 August 2014 - 11:37 AM, said:

Since solo que opened synch dropping has been getting worse daily. This Tournament weekend is the worst and its no secret anymore. I see it being discussed in chat openly including stompteams inviting others to join them in chat.

There is a group que for those who want to be on comms so what gives?

Its not to be with friends because there is an outlet for that so its only for exploiting the system for gain.
Its relatively easy to track players doing this practice so change the loose rules from two years ago and ban the practice then ban the players doing it. We know you can.

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

for everyone over the last few pages that's been actually having a discussion?

This is exactly what I've been talking about. You have no basis to attack, rebuke, or otherwise try to pain an unflattering picture of groups that do that. If you don't like the practice, bug PGI about clarifying their rule on this, but don't attack other players about it.

;)

How did this thread go past 20 pages?

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 03 September 2014 - 10:41 AM.

#852 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:43 AM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 03 September 2014 - 10:35 AM, said:

1. What the heck is neckbeardism.
2. I am always on the path to reason, its what I do.

Posted Image
The spread of Neckbeards into the animal kingdom?

#853 BLOOD WOLF

• The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 03 September 2014 - 10:51 AM

with a little research if found out that i can mean a nerdy person, whatever that is

Sticks and stones man, sticks and stones. I have been called worse.

Edited by BLOOD WOLF, 03 September 2014 - 11:21 AM.

#854 RussianWolf

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 2,097 posts
  • LocationWV

Posted 03 September 2014 - 11:58 AM

View PostbobF, on 03 September 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

Just say it to his face.... I dare ya.
Posted Image

#855 MischiefSC

• The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:06 PM

It's important that we make dismissive personal attacks against the people making arguments we don't agree with. That way we don't have to admit we don't have a legitimate point to make.

Cuz nothing proves a point like calling someone you don't know a neck beard.

#856 Alex Reed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,206 posts
  • LocationSomewhere in the Free Worlds League

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:20 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 05:21 AM, said:

Exactly, it's just like someone deciding not to eat meat out of respect for animals. That's their choice and that's cool, but they shouldn't try to make others who do eat meat "feel bad"

Sandpit,

I am not sure if you are referencing me or others in the debate here. If I am jumping to an erroneous conclusion, then please forgive me.

My decision and position statement was not meant to shame anyone into similar action. Since my unit had been called out in the thread by name, I addressed the argument (privately first, and then head on).

After considering Roland's words, I began to re-think our scramble (a Tuesday and Friday night practice of sync dropping in single player queues) and decided it best to move it to a once a week practice with lance level participation in the group queues on Fridays after our General Meeting. Imagine my surprise when the next day PGI announced a Lance Challenge for this weekend! Once again, a scramble that meets the needs of my unit perfectly. B)

The decisions I make are intended to protect the name of the Seraphim Regiment and its perception within the MechWarrior Online community. My apology was offered to make amends for any damaged perception that may exist in the forums and the game concerning the Seraphim and due to our scramble practices. I have made no moves (either implicitly or implied) to damage or impugn the names of other players or units (or their practices) as that would be a violation of the Seraphim Code of Honor.

Blessings and peace to you all,

Alex...

#857 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostMischiefSC, on 03 September 2014 - 12:06 PM, said:

It's important that we make dismissive personal attacks against the people making arguments we don't agree with. That way we don't have to admit we don't have a legitimate point to make.

Cuz nothing proves a point like calling someone you don't know a neck beard.

just like nothing proves a point like calling someone unflattering names because they are on the other side as well ;)

View PostAlex Reed, on 03 September 2014 - 12:20 PM, said:

Sandpit,

I am not sure if you are referencing me or others in the debate here. If I am jumping to an erroneous conclusion, then please forgive me.

My decision and position statement was not meant to shame anyone into similar action. Since my unit had been called out in the thread by name, I addressed the argument (privately first, and then head on).

After considering Roland's words, I began to re-think our scramble (a Tuesday and Friday night practice of sync dropping in single player queues) and decided it best to move it to a once a week practice with lance level participation in the group queues on Fridays after our General Meeting. Imagine my surprise when the next day PGI announced a Lance Challenge for this weekend! Once again, a scramble that meets the needs of my unit perfectly. B)

The decisions I make are intended to protect the name of the Seraphim Regiment and its perception within the MechWarrior Online community. My apology was offered to make amends for any damaged perception that may exist in the forums and the game concerning the Seraphim and due to our scramble practices. I have made no moves (either implicitly or implied) to damage or impugn the names of other players or units (or their practices) as that would be a violation of the Seraphim Code of Honor.

Blessings and peace to you all,

Alex...

Nope, I'm referencing the people who have gone out of their way in this, and many other threads over the years, to paint those who want to drop in groups as some sort of evil entity single-handedly ruining the game, as well as those who want to paint everyone who sync drops (which we've established isn't against the rules at this point) as some sort of evil cheater who wants to "prey" on solo players.

#858 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:17 PM

View PostSandpit, on 03 September 2014 - 12:24 PM, said:

Nope, I'm referencing the people who have gone out of their way in this, and many other threads over the years, to paint those who want to drop in groups as some sort of evil entity single-handedly ruining the game, as well as those who want to paint everyone who sync drops (which we've established isn't against the rules at this point) as some sort of evil cheater who wants to "prey" on solo players.

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that dropping in a group is bad in any way, shape, or form.
Merely that dropping as a group is supposed to be done in the group queue.

You know as well as anyone how hard I lobbied for PGI to allow groups to more easily drop together.

#859 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 03 September 2014 - 01:23 PM

View PostRoland, on 03 September 2014 - 01:17 PM, said:

I don't think anyone here is suggesting that dropping in a group is bad in any way, shape, or form.
Merely that dropping as a group is supposed to be done in the group queue.

You know as well as anyone how hard I lobbied for PGI to allow groups to more easily drop together.

I know, I'm not referring to you or even Mischief (although I think he got a little overly zealous in this thread at times as did Khu and a few others) but this thread alone is littered with comments trying to make any and everyone who every sync dropped, or sync dropped since the queue segregation as some evil player who just wanted to "prey" on innocent solo players and new players.

It was and is about attacking other players to further an agenda, not having a discussion about how to improve anything.

#860 Nick Makiaveli

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,188 posts
  • LocationKnee deep in mechdrek

Posted 03 September 2014 - 03:08 PM

View PostMudhutwarrior, on 03 September 2014 - 05:30 AM, said:

All you have been fighting here is that need to clarify and I wont go to motivation. That's on you alone.

There you go again. You refuse to see that anyone could have a position other than with you or against you. Then you compound it by insinuating he has sinister motives.

You are a total piece of work.

View PostRussianWolf, on 03 September 2014 - 07:22 AM, said:

getting 4 members into the same match without trying would be extremely unlikely, regardless of the number of members they have. We aren't talking about factions now, we are speaking of Unit Tags.

Why did I say something... because 4 is kinda obvious. Think I said something along the line of "I think I see some syncing going on" then I tried to kill the 12 players on the other side. Same thing I did when 4mans were allowed and I dropped against a Lords team. Same difference to me.

First I think you need to brush up on your math. The members in a unit, the more likely they are to have members playing etc. The more playing, the greater the odds of it happening.

Second, until they chance the rules and make it officially illegal, then I think it's wrong to call people out for it, as currently they are breaking the rules, and you could give innocent people a bad reputation.

23 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 23 guests, 0 anonymous users