How Many Sub 100 Damage Players On Your Team?

119 replies to this topic

#61 Gorgo7

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,220 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 24 August 2014 - 06:42 PM

View PostSandpit, on 24 August 2014 - 01:56 PM, said:

If a player has a .65 KDR and averages 100 damage per game but a W/L ratio of 3.0 are they "unsuccessful"?

Show me a person with those scores and I'll show you a liar.

#62 mogs01gt

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Shredder
  • 4,292 posts
  • LocationOhio

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:17 PM

3 games in a row, 4 players less than 100 dmg. I swear they are simply picking mechs and then joining games then leaving.

edit:
make that 4.....when do we get the ingame report function so I can report these trolls?

Edited by mogs01gt, 24 August 2014 - 07:36 PM.

#63 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:36 PM

I've just had a string of 10 losses in a row. I average about 800 damage. I usually post 700 to 1200 damage each match with multiple kills, etc.

I'm seeing 6 to 8 of the players on my team at sub 100 damage scores. 10 times in a row.

The bullshit comments about 'carry harder' and 'you must be the weakest link are WRONG'. I'm cranking out my usual top tier f'ing level of performances. I'm out damaging my ENTIRE team, or coming very close !!! Consistently.

Its f'ing mind boggling at this point.

What happened to the MM ? I was here a few weeks ago and it was running fine, pretty consistent and generally even matched.

This is pure elo hell of a high degree.

Edited by WarZ, 24 August 2014 - 07:39 PM.

#64 Jman5

• Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 4,914 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:48 PM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 August 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

I am sorry how this will sound but, Grimlock threw over 700 damage and killed nothing. That's a lot of damage to have killed nothing. Proving that amount of damage is not everything. Heck the winning team has players with sub 200 damage and was more productive than Grim.

I can almost guarantee you this is how the game went down because I have similar matches. Grimlock would pop out of cover, see a mech, fire a salvo or two until either he or his opponent hid behind cover. Then he popped out again, unleashed another salvo, only this time it was a different mech. Rinse and repeat. He's still doing good damage to vital components, but it's spread between several enemy mechs. Normally your teammates would be there to back you up and deliver the finishing blow (or vice versa), but not this match.

#65 NovaFury

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 386 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 07:51 PM

To those people naming NARC scouts, I happen to have a Raven 3L myself, I don't do much damage with it, and I don't get many kills, but I do more than 100.

NARCing successfully requires aiming at targets, and contrary to popular belief, scouts DO have weapons. Try not forgetting about them when you're shooting narcs at enemies.

Or, in the case of the above, it's the striker light/medium's job to finish the job. (It's not kill stealing if they have guns left) They have the speed to position on someone who may be crippled in cover and return to saftey. Assaults shouldn't be expected to have to do that, so they might get high damage and low kills. Dem's the breaks for being slow. Competent opponents don't stand in front of dire wolves and politely die.

Edited by NovaFury, 24 August 2014 - 07:57 PM.

#66 WarZ

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 538 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

View Postkyrdragon, on 24 August 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

Not a very good metric, I've been hit by at least 4 gauss rounds at once before, easy way to die with only 50 damage in a light.

Methinks you took a little too long when you took that "peek" over the hill/ridge/edge/building, etc. He he. 4 Gauss at once thats some kind of record.

Edited by WarZ, 24 August 2014 - 08:13 PM.

#67 Sean von Steinike

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,880 posts
  • LocationUSA

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:03 PM

I had a wonderful 5 damage match earlier on River city. Got hung up on some rock or something....right in front of three enemies in my Ember.

#68 Gallowglas

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,690 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:11 PM

View Postkyrdragon, on 24 August 2014 - 08:01 PM, said:

Not a very good metric, I've been hit by at least 4 gauss rounds at once before, easy way to die with only 50 damage in a light.

And you know what? Stuff happens. People get killed unexpectedly and suddenly. Anyone who says it hasn't happened to them is lying.

That said, this shouldn't happen every or even most matches. If it does, then you've got a problem overexposing yourself. When most of a team dies like this, there's a reason for it, and it's not because they were engaged in other secret win strategies that somehow didn't involve hurting the enemy.

Edited by Gallowglas, 24 August 2014 - 08:12 PM.

#69 WmLowFlyer

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 132 posts
  • LocationThe Island

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:18 PM

The matter of the fact is, in all game modes MWO is a glorified TDM (Skirmish being exactly that)

There is only one real objective in this game and that involves destroying enemy mechs. AFAIK there is only one way to do that . Even good spotters,which allow LRMs to do damage against the enemy, will still do a solid amount of damage or finish off critical mechs.

IF you find yourself doing under 100 damage consistently for any reason, that is why your team probably lost. You did not contribute or assist your team in destroying enemy mechs. Its very, very simple.

Even those who do high amounts of damage with low kills (LRM boats for instance) provide pressure to the enemy team or soften them up severely to allow team mates to get easy kills.

Bottom line -> damage = victory.

#70 CN9 ACE PILOT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 306 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationUNKNOWN

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:35 PM

View PostWmLowFlyer, on 24 August 2014 - 08:18 PM, said:

Bottom line -> damage = victory.

I agree with most of what you said, with a slight difference in my line of thought.

It's true since there are no re-spawns ALL the game types have the "bottom line" objective that if you kill all 12, and you win. No matter what the other team did or how close they were to capturing your base or resources.

I see the Bottom Line as -> Dead enemies -> Victory. No matter if your team had an accumulated damage scored of 10k or 5k. Many times I've seen the other team do more gross damage than my team, yet all their members are dead instead of mine.

Edited by CN9 ACE PILOT, 24 August 2014 - 08:36 PM.

#71 Thrudvangar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 646 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 08:41 PM

ACK!

Come on.... everybody here knows that this weekend is totally f....ed up. There are STOMPS only and if your team gets stomped then it's because you, as a veteran player, gets pushed into a team full of newbies and/or the opposing team has 4+ ECM mechs and LRM boats and your team has MAYBE one of it.

The Matchmaker just SU.CKS and everybody knows it.. so dont try to defend it with like "everybody has a bad game from time to time..." thats just nonsense and has nothing to do with the situation right now.

if elo/matchmaker would work how it should, this thread wouldn't even exist.

- newbies should play against newbies and not the system should try to let them carry by vetererans, they won't learn anything out of it and vetererans getting frustrated.. just like now

- restrict ECM mechs or even try to make them even in both teams

- working 3/3/3/3 or tonnage restrictions for the god damn matchmaker!

i had lots of games with 4+ ECM mechs on the other team and lots of lrms...
i had many games where one of the teams had a tonnage plus of like 150 or more.

and this just can't go on..

Edited by Thrudvangar, 24 August 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#72 Flyby215

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Devoted
  • The Devoted
  • 892 posts
  • LocationThunder Bay

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostOdins Fist, on 24 August 2014 - 09:13 AM, said:

7 under 100
1 under 150
1 under 200
9 :excl:
Posted Image

While we're on the subject... Try to top these bads! :)

Posted Image

Posted Image

On the other hand... All you ever really need is 2-3 players who actually know what they're doing. I mean, carrying the team isn't THAT bad, is it? :excl:

Posted Image

Told ya I had some bad screenshots kicking around :D

#73 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:08 PM

View PostVinhasa, on 24 August 2014 - 08:05 AM, said:

Because damage is the only measure of worth/contribution is damage, amirite?

It is when your damage is two times the total damage done by all other players on the rest of your team. Either they are dropping like flies or cannot shoot to save their lives.

Only real excuse to sub 200 (unless you are unlucky enough to land in a very bad situation) is role warfare (e.g. narc/spots etc etc).

In some cases, just getting below 100 takes the monkey. Like when your last mech standing is a barely touched atlas, that gets a whopping 39 points.

#74 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 09:21 PM

View PostFlyby215, on 24 August 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

While we're on the subject... Try to top these bads! :)

Posted Image

On the other hand... All you ever really need is 2-3 players who actually know what they're doing. I mean, carrying the team isn't THAT bad, is it? :excl:

Told ya I had some bad screenshots kicking around :D

That looks like the type of score I would post in my STK-3F. I'm a Light/Medium pilot, but I do occasionally try to play big and stompy.

#75 GRiPSViGiL

• The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 1,904 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationHillsboro, OR

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:42 PM

2 gauranteed, average is closer to 4 and not unheard of to have 6+.

#76 TopRay

• PipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 53 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:47 PM

Found in my experience that a good majority of these "sub 100 dmg" players are normally the most vocal and i don't mean in a good way.
Usually blaming the rest of the team for there own shortcomings but i guess that's a topic for another thread.
Lately i've had a lot of sub 100's on my team, i normally put it down to new players until they start shouting. :)

#77 Kaspirikay

• Giant Helper
  • 2,050 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 10:58 PM

this is why i want solaris

#78 YueFei

• 2,184 posts

Posted 24 August 2014 - 11:42 PM

View PostMister Blastman, on 24 August 2014 - 05:33 PM, said:

I now have blood on my hands. I did 60 damage in a drop. Damn.

Yeah I got like 49 damage in a game. But my excuse is that I started using an experimental steering wheel instead of my usual mouse&keyboard, so yeah.... :)

#79 Spr1ggan

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,162 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 24 August 2014 - 11:57 AM, said:

I am sorry how this will sound but, Grimlock threw over 700 damage and killed nothing. That's a lot of damage to have killed nothing. Proving that amount of damage is not everything. Heck the winning team has players with sub 200 damage and was more productive than Grim.

Why weren't the folks on his team able to deal deathblows to the guys that Grim had put the hurt on is the question imo.

Edited by McHarg, 25 August 2014 - 07:37 AM.

#80 Tombstoner

• Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,193 posts

Posted 25 August 2014 - 07:20 AM

Well what happens when a player doesnt min max and decides to play a commando scout for LRM support. The game penalizes that player.

First a commando is 20 tons. hard to do anyting with that... so ECM is first and then a fat xl engin with tag. well the game actulay forces you to take the heaveyst light you can with ECM and thats a raven i think. after that tionnage you left with a srm 6 and some ammo, or you take a lrm5 and have people call you names. when in difrent cercemstances that a good choice.

So yea i don't often get high scores with my commano but im doing my best to get tags or narcs for very little reward.

In a 12 man made difrent story. So i blame the developers not the players for sub 100 score games.

50 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 50 guests, 0 anonymous users