#61 9erRed

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • 1,566 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 27 August 2014 - 03:39 AM

Greetings all,

@Niko,

From the images presented of the on screen unit Tag, (haven't used that option yet) is the interface placing the square brackets around the 4 character tag?

Update: Just saw a screenshot from end screen match and the brackets are there, thanks anyways.

- This may be of some reverence to those that are using items other than letters to start or end there Tag.

This was the example I was looking at, from Paul:

Posted Image

9erRed

Edited by 9erRed, 27 August 2014 - 08:09 AM.

#62 RacerX

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 394 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:10 AM

I would like to thank the person or people who entered the pre-registration data into the game and assigned the unit leaders. Judging by the pre-registration list there must have been a lot of manual labor involved. You saved us, your customers, a lot of time and stress. Thank you.

Edited by RacerX, 27 August 2014 - 06:16 AM.

#63 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:41 AM

View Postkaffeangst, on 26 August 2014 - 01:54 PM, said:

If necessary, Black Spikes is willing to 12v12 for the tag-rights.

I approve of this method of conflict resolution.

Commence the Trial of Possession (of the unit tag)!!

#64 Asaru

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 231 posts
  • LocationMichigan

Posted 27 August 2014 - 09:00 AM

While no disrespect is intended to the Black Spikes Mercenary Corporation I can't say I have ever heard of your unit. That isn't to suggest your not well know by the vast majority of MWO units and players. However I have dropped with Black Sheep members on several occasions and have know of this group for some time. They are a great group and well thought of in the "FedCom" circles.

Given that and the fact that my own unit C4 doesn't take part in any player run leagues I find it hard to accept that any unit should be given special treatment in this game just because they do. While the rules set up by PGI are far from perfect (and what rules could be?) I can't see giving units that drop in leagues special status or consideration as very fair in this matter or any future conflicts that may arise as we head towards CW.

I hope that both units involved in this matter are able to work it out to there mutual satisfaction.

Edited by Asaru, 27 August 2014 - 09:02 AM.

#65 BlackDrakon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 576 posts
  • LocationEl Salvador

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:14 AM

Niko, there are some tags which use lower case, like ours, "SwK", we had this in the test server, just like that, but in the public server, when we joined the unit, we got our tags all with capitals "SWK".

Is this something that can be fixed? or we will have to stick with the capital tag??

Edited by BlackDrakon, 27 August 2014 - 11:15 AM.

#66 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 27 August 2014 - 11:56 AM

View Postski2060, on 26 August 2014 - 12:31 PM, said:

So, I noticed a problem with the new Unit Creation system. My Unit (Murphy's Law) was supposed to be pre-registered on your list by Player: Doc Bach, using the name Murphy's Law and Tag : ML
Today, that Unit was not showing up, and I was able to register that unit name and tag after patching into the game.

Have you been having any problems with pre-registered units being wiped from the live database for units?

Any Update on this? Is there another Merc Unit with ML as a Tag?

#67 DocBach

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:10 PM

No, it wouldn't let me make Murphy's Law with any combination of tags.

#68 Sprouticus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 27 August 2014 - 12:11 PM

View PostBlackDrakon, on 27 August 2014 - 11:14 AM, said:

Niko, there are some tags which use lower case, like ours, "SwK", we had this in the test server, just like that, but in the public server, when we joined the unit, we got our tags all with capitals "SWK".

Is this something that can be fixed? or we will have to stick with the capital tag??

We registered CSAx (since CSA is not viable) and it worked fine. I am guessing it was a typo.

#69 OnLashoc

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,093 posts
  • LocationColumbus, OH

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:22 PM

So are we going to be notified if we have a filtered name or tag?

What if your unit is listed and not red, but the leader name has red?

Do we get an opportunity to choose a different tag, or will one be assigned to you as PGI sees fit?

I'm curious...

#70 Scandinavian Jawbreaker

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,251 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 02:29 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 26 August 2014 - 01:01 PM, said:

Its all really cool, however ...

Before you said that unit tags WON'T be unique, now you make it different. I guess it also was 'your position at the time' as always, but ...

First, the unit registry topic came up at 3am MSK time, not exactly very convenient don't you think to 'beat others to it' and register the unit tag before others, especially considering we were told it wouldn't be unique. There was no advanced warning regarding the upcoming unit registry either.

Second, I believe that in disputable situations unit tags should go to units that are already well known in competitive MWO environment. There are leagues such as RHoD and MRBC running for years now, without any support from PGI and I suggest you guys respect units taking part in those and allow them to take the tags they are known for.

The dispute in question I'd like to bring up is for the BSMC tag. BSMC always stood for Black Spikes Mercenary Corporation, team that was among the top competitive units in MWO for 1.5 years now, won both latest RHoD and top division of MRBC EU leagues and is currently ranked first among european teams.

HoweverBlack Sheep Merc Corps has registered the BSMC tag earlier due to the fact that their leader was a founder unlike the Black Spikes unit leader, who was invited and played in closed beta even tho he didn't purchase the founders package.

Now with all due respect to the Black Sheep MC, they are not nearly as well known by other MWO players and as established in leagues and such as Black Spikes MC. So, understanding the reasoning behind making unit tags unique I suggest you think over how you deal with disputes like this, because 'they registered it first' is hardly an appropriate reason for choosing one unit over the other. Taking part in PGI tournament (which Black Sheep MC did and Black Spikes MC didn't) also can't be the reason, as the tournament matches were run during limited time periods each day, periods that happened to be 3am-7am for most of the Black Spikes unit members.

I will also appreciate if all unit leaders who know the BSMC guys support me over here.

On behalf of skatenok, the Black Spikes Merc Corps unit leader,
Black Spikes MRBC EU Team-2 drop commander,
PhoenixFire55.
Cheers.

I want to highlight this post once again. The Black Spikes has been around a very long time and is respected among the EU player base. BSMC has always meant the Black Spikes and that will never change. I hope you at PGI can see this wrong also and make it that BSMC is allowed to use BSMC tag as they rightfully should.

Me and the White Death Mercenary Company have a lot of respect to these guys and support them in their cause. BSMC tag should be given to Black Spikes. There is only one BSMC and that is Black Spikes Mercenary Corporation.

#71 Vassago Rain

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14,396 posts
  • LocationExodus fleet, HMS Kong Circumflex accent

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:25 AM

Posted Image

You DARE refuse my closed beta credentials!?

#72 PhoenixFire55

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 5,725 posts
  • LocationSt.Petersburg / Outreach

Posted 30 August 2014 - 10:26 AM

So, both units agreed to swap tags, both unit leaders wrote messages to community manager and submitted tickets to support team. All we got in return was plain nothing from Lubkiewicz and some wierdo response from support team. You can check details over here.

Please leave your opinions on the matter in the linked topic.

#73 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:05 PM

View PostPhoenixFire55, on 30 August 2014 - 10:26 AM, said:

So, both units agreed to swap tags, both unit leaders wrote messages to community manager and submitted tickets to support team. All we got in return was plain nothing from Lubkiewicz and some wierdo response from support team. You can check details over here.

Please leave your opinions on the matter in the linked topic.

You know support takes up to a week to get things done sometimes, right? The support ticket you filed received the standard reply every support ticket receives. Until a GM is assigned to it, you're gonna have to wait. If both groups agreed to switch tags, then it shouldn't be a problem.

I know you want this done NOW, but hey ... What's a few more days. Not like we have planetary conquests going on in-game right now.

#74 Quick n Fast

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 187 posts
  • LocationKahnawake

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM

as far as I can tell.. the abbreviation for BSMC is starting to sound like it should be "BecauseSomeoneMustCry" :P

qqqqq... someone registered it first....
qqqqq... but everyone knows us better for it...
qqqqq... .............

suck it up butter cup.. stuff happens.. ;)
first come first serve... its just the way she goes boys... the way she goes... ;)

#75 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:37 PM

View PostKahnawake MechMaster Prime, on 30 August 2014 - 03:24 PM, said:

as far as I can tell.. the abbreviation for BSMC is starting to sound like it should be "BecauseSomeoneMustCry" :P

qqqqq... someone registered it first....
qqqqq... but everyone knows us better for it...
qqqqq... .............

suck it up butter cup.. stuff happens.. ;)
first come first serve... its just the way she goes boys... the way she goes... ;)

Uhhhhh..... Both units have already solved the issue, this comment is just going to cause some flame wars, with no real result.

#76 Warblood

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hunter
  • The Hunter
  • 503 posts
  • LocationMontreal, Qc, Cnd

Posted 30 August 2014 - 03:51 PM

Niko posted this a few min ago: http://mwomercs.com/...ms/page__st__40

View PostNikolai Lubkiewicz, on 30 August 2014 - 03:45 PM, said:

Hey everyone,

I got to the bottom of the mystery of GOD MODE ACTIVATED. It appears a clone account was created by that name and has been using that account to harass and troll other players. We're going to have him removed from play ASAP, as well as issue an appropriate sanction to the owner of the primary account.

It seems that while attempting to handle both this situation as well as send a batch response to players regarding Unit names, Vox made a copy-paste error and sent what was intended to be an internal note on the clone account concern to players regarding unit concerns. This is seen in that the time-stamps for all responses related to the matter are precisely the same.

With regards to Unit names and tags, we will have to wait to be able to handle any issues on this subject until after the labour day weekend. While the engineers were successful in restoring the live game service and most of the website to working order on the new data center, several backend CSR tools were given lesser priority in order to ensure players could get in. (Much to my chagrin, the engineers won't let me post photos of them turning into sleepless zombies towards the end of Friday. I'd prefer they have fresh eyes when working on my hammer.) We apologize for both this error and this delay and thank you for your continued patience and understanding.

Edited by Warblood, 30 August 2014 - 03:52 PM.

#77 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 30 August 2014 - 05:51 PM

View PostDocBach, on 27 August 2014 - 12:10 PM, said:

No, it wouldn't let me make Murphy's Law with any combination of tags.

Fix this PGI! We reserved the name according to your requirements, Give us OUR name!

#78 Crunk Prime

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 255 posts
  • LocationJamalia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:21 PM

Alot of the unit tag nonsense would be solved if unit tags were say 6 or 7 characters long. Leaving it limited to 4, and then making them unique is just asking for trouble.

Or hell it would be even better if unit tags were dropped completely and the player match screen was made bigger so that a groups entire name could be displayed once under the lance leaders name in a color, with all the members on the team in that unit highlighted as the same color.

As it stands now, I see a million unit tags in a match and dont even know who these units are because its just 4 letters.

#79 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 08 September 2014 - 04:07 PM

View PostCrunk Prime, on 08 September 2014 - 01:21 PM, said:

Alot of the unit tag nonsense would be solved if unit tags were say 6 or 7 characters long. Leaving it limited to 4, and then making them unique is just asking for trouble.

That's not really a good solution. Shorter unit tags are always better. I don't need usernames being 10 miles long, because of a silly unit tag. 3-4 characters is the sweet spot most gaming guilds/clans/units/teams/what have you, have found, and used since forever.

#80 CHH Badkarma

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 831 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 05:18 PM

Our unit pre reged before the dagger star was available. Hope the tools to change that are available soon

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users