Waht Happens To Unit Coffers If You Disband?

58 replies to this topic

#1 TLBFestus

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 3,519 posts

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:16 PM

What the title says, if you disband a Unit what happens to any c-bills in that unit?

Does it disappear?
Does the last member get it all?
Do members get a percentage equal to their contributions when they leave?

#2 Asmudius Heng

• Survivor
  • 2,429 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationSydney, Australia

Posted 26 August 2014 - 07:27 PM

That is a good question.

Personally I hope no one I loading in cbills yet til you know ... we know what it is actually FOR

#3 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 04:56 AM

Pretty sure the c-bills are gone forever in that case- any other solution would serve as a method to launder c-bills.

They specifically say C-bills added to the coffer and NOT ever withdrawable by players and it is a one-way transaction.

#4 Sandpit

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:24 AM

So upwards of 2,000,000,000 cbills just disappear if you disband instead of going back to whoever donated them?

#5 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:31 AM

Hey someone go to twitter and ask them it is more likley to get answered there than here....

#6 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:41 AM

View PostTKSax, on 27 August 2014 - 05:31 AM, said:

Hey someone go to twitter and ask them it is more likley to get answered there than here....

or reddit
might as well give up on PGI announcing anything on their forum and website.

#7 Edustaja

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 730 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:45 AM

We tried this on test server.

The money is gone after you disband.

If you could get money back from the guild it would enable exploits like farming cadet bonuses.

Edited by Edustaja, 27 August 2014 - 05:45 AM.

#8 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:52 AM

View PostEdustaja, on 27 August 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

If you could get money back from the guild it would enable exploits like farming cadet bonuses.

test server isn't how necessarily how things work live. There were LOTS of things you could and couldn't do on the test server that weren't "working as intended"

#9 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 05:56 AM

View PostEdustaja, on 27 August 2014 - 05:45 AM, said:

how?
if the money goes back to the person who donated it then you would never end up with more then you would have had anyways.

I earn 1,000,000 and give 100k to unit coffer, i hae 900k left, unit disbands i get my 100k back. Or my 100k back minus what was spent. so if 10 people gave 100k and then unit spent 500k then we would all get back 50k

#10 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:09 AM

Returning funds to the original donor would work until you start spending money. After that it becomes a bit less clear I think. There are ways of handling it, of course, though I'm sure the community could find issues with any of them. I suspect you just end up donating the funds to ComStar.

Edited by Rouken, 27 August 2014 - 06:09 AM.

#11 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:18 AM

View PostSandpit, on 27 August 2014 - 05:24 AM, said:

So upwards of 2,000,000,000 cbills just disappear if you disband instead of going back to whoever donated them?
If you have that much in your coffers, yes.

WHy you'd have that much in your coffers now, I don't know.

View PostPh30nix, on 27 August 2014 - 05:56 AM, said:

how?
if the money goes back to the person who donated it then you would never end up with more then you would have had anyways.

I earn 1,000,000 and give 100k to unit coffer, i hae 900k left, unit disbands i get my 100k back. Or my 100k back minus what was spent. so if 10 people gave 100k and then unit spent 500k then we would all get back 50k

It's a combination of too complicated due to how it's spent and who would get what afterwards, as well as a lot of data to track that's mostly unnessessary.

Imagine this if they implemented it. A player, joins a group, donates 100,000, then leaves and joins another group. 6 months later, the first group disbands, having spent over 100,000 since he left, but has over 1,000,000 left. What does that player get?

Nothing all the time is more fair, and prevents farming or other exploits.

#12 Sandpit

• Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 17,419 posts
  • LocationArkansas

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:19 AM

View PostBront, on 27 August 2014 - 06:18 AM, said:

That's the max amount you can donate at one time. There are plenty of players who can get up into that echelon of money. You might NEED that much. We dont' know

#13 CDLord HHGD

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,190 posts
  • Location"You're not comp if you're not stock."

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:24 AM

Sets up a one-time donation of play money to PGI... :)

#14 Ph30nix

• 2,444 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:34 AM

It's a combination of too complicated due to how it's spent and who would get what afterwards, as well as a lot of data to track that's mostly unnessessary.

Imagine this if they implemented it. A player, joins a group, donates 100,000, then leaves and joins another group. 6 months later, the first group disbands, having spent over 100,000 since he left, but has over 1,000,000 left. What does that player get?

if he left then he gives up any rigths to it, as for tracking its not really that hard to do, nothing that couldnt be done with an excel file even.

#15 Malcolm Vordermark

• 2,520 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:40 AM

I believe there is a log showing who has donated and the amount. So that can be used, pretty easily, to determine who should get a refund. From there you must decide on a method of determining refunds. The three I can think of working best are: first in first out, last in first out, and by a percentage of remaining funds.

For example, lets say five players donated 50,000 Cbills, later 50,000 was spent, and finally the unit is disbanded, refunding the money to the original donors. With first in first out the first person to donate money would get no refund because their money got used up first. Everyone else gets their 50,000 back.

In last in first out the opposite happens, last person to donate gets nothing, everyone else get a full refund.

Finally in a percentage system everyone would the amount remaining divided by the number of players who donated.

Some problems I could see, with the percentage system you can actually end up giving money to other players. The other two work well for some and give everyone else the shaft.

Or you can just say that nobody gets anything out of the coffer so don't donate an amount you will miss.

Edited by Rouken, 27 August 2014 - 06:41 AM.

#16 Why Run

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 370 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:44 AM

FiFo makes the most sense. Proportions is interesting, because if the money cannot be spent individually, it's communal money, so each person who contributed should be entitled to their percentage-contribution share on disband, even if it's less than 100% of their donation. Honestly, though, this is just a big cBill grab to reduce the current glut among the big spenders and then push people back to MC purchases... too much free money = not enough revenue... they are still trying to find a way to claw back they early cBill boom period payouts.

#17 Bront

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 4,212 posts
  • LocationInternet

Posted 27 August 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostSandpit, on 27 August 2014 - 06:19 AM, said:

That's the max amount you can donate at one time. There are plenty of players who can get up into that echelon of money. You might NEED that much. We dont' know

Sure, eventually.

But now? No reason to donate at all now.

THere are a lot of potential problems that are simplified by simply saying "it's gone". It also solves problems with players leaving units and demanding their money back (You'd have to disband to return it to them if that was an option).

Edited by Bront, 27 August 2014 - 06:52 AM.

#18 Revis Volek

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 7,247 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • LocationBack in the Pilots chair

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:06 AM

Don't you guys know what DONATE means?

You don't get it back....You don't give money to the Diabetes foundation and then when it falls apart ask for it back or say...."well since you didn't cure Diabetes yet gimme my money back." You DONATED IT, means you gave it away for them to do whatever they want with it. Live with it.....

If you cant make back what you donated in a short time you more then likely donated to much. Again, we have NO IDEA what this is going to yet....just hold on and they will let us know soon enough.

#19 LauLiao

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,591 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:39 AM

View PostDarthRevis, on 27 August 2014 - 07:06 AM, said:

Don't you guys know what DONATE means?

He makes a good point... also, What's with the new faction? I don't remember seeing anything about it...

#20 Angel of Annihilation

• The Infernal
  • The Infernal
  • 8,876 posts

Posted 27 August 2014 - 07:40 AM

Honestly it is really poorly implemented. This is "Community Warfare" and what this means is a that a unit should be able to pool its resources to support the UNIT (plural). For example, if my Unit needs more pilots using Atlas D-DCs for our upcoming territory battle, the unit needs to be able to buy, out of the Unit coffers, and issue out an Atlas to the unit member that is required to have it.

Remember you are suppose to be part of a Unit, not just a friends list that plays together. Having a coffer that can't be used to benefit the individual players of the unit just seems silly to me.

6 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 6 guests, 0 anonymous users