#81 Void Angel

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:24 PM

View PostShadowWard, on 30 August 2014 - 01:04 PM, said:

Again, leave the stats out of it. (ie. CERLL has damage of X while my ISERLL has a damage of X)... Lets focus on the 'game as a whole' not the spreadsheet wars people try to use to justify their balance complaints

While you may be right to discourage theorycrafting, you can't disallow all numbers - both PGI's demographics, their testing, and the awesome With Science thread - where Kiiyor compiled a bunch of data - all indicate that the Clans are noticeably outperforming their Inner Sphere counterparts. These numbers are pretty clear-cut. That being said, it's often... less than productive to debate how much the Clans' locked internal allocations/upgrades, negative pod quirks, etc, actually counterbalance their superior range, tonnage, space, etc.

What I see with Clan 'Mechs on the battlefield is this:
  • Clan 'Mechs hit hard; they are capable of extreme damage output - look at any huge damage totals on your end of match screen, and it's often a Clan 'Mech. This means that while the Inner Sphere's punch-damage weapons theoretically allow IS 'Mechs to spread damage more than the Clans, any situation where a Clanner is able to fire unanswered, he can deal insane amounts of damage to targets in the open.
  • Clan 'Mechs are fast; aside from their lights, the average speed of a Clan 'mech is significantly higher than their Inner Sphere counterparts. This affects not just their overland travel speed, but their ability to spread damage and respond to lighter attackers. Of course the Clan Lights thus far released are an exception to this rule; they aren't fast enough to compete with Inner Sphere models. However, that lack of speed comes with firepower equivalent to an Inner Sphere Medium, but with the smaller movement archetypes of Light chassis for maneuverability.
  • Clan 'Mechs have longer ranges; they can hit you for full damage from so far away, with so many weapons, that they can win firefights at anything but extreme close range - but even then their weapons do more damage.

The Clans don't make the game unplayable, but they are significantly stronger than their Inner Sphere counterparts. Yes, the Inner Sphere has more punch damage, but the Clans have range. The Inner Sphere can customize their 'Mechs' upgrades and engines, but the Clans have more guns to choose from - and their guns are lighter, and do more total damage. There are limitations built into the Clans, but they're too strong overall, and need to be taken down a peg. Currently, you have the ubiquitous Mad Cats out there that keep pace with all but the fastest Mediums, turn on a dime, and slug it out with IS Heavies - with the advantage to the Cat. Or the Dire Wolf. I dislike the standard nickname; I think of them as "starebears," because they never bother to mitigate unless they're running away - they simply look at you with a slightly stupid expression and fire their weapons over and over again. And they win, because Clan firepower.

Sure, there's stuff you can do to deal with the Clans, and I do those things; I'm not having too hard a time of it, and I have no Clan 'Mechs to my name. Yet still, it's an uphill battle, and it's not supposed to be - so I'm glad PGI is taking steps to address the excessive power of Clan Battlemechs.

#82 Vyx

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 170 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:48 PM

This is very simple. It is by design.

PGI releases new content (which you must pay for) that is -stronger- than the existing content in order to incentivize you to buy it. If the new mechs were balanced and equivalent to the current mechs, do you think as many customers would rush to buy them? Many people simply want to win; and they have disposable income. If the new mechs are bigger, better, stronger, faster - and the customer who wants that has the cash - then they will buy. This is marketing, pure and simple.

Given time, PGI will bring the nerf bat and knock the Clan mechs back in line. But that will be -after- the rush of purchases they hoped to spur. Why do you think the Clan mechs are being eeked-out for C-Bills so very slowly? So you will buy them for real cash, in order to compete.

Bottom line: the Clan mechs are stronger 1:1 because they were meant to be. This was primarily to bring in more revenue.

Edited by Vyx, 31 August 2014 - 12:49 PM.

#83 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostShadowWard, on 31 August 2014 - 11:27 AM, said:

As for where the Ammo is, you can put that anywere you feel like. i just tend to put mine in the legs.

On the Raven, where shooting its legs is commonplace and its mortal weakness (due to the hitbox nerf)... you are definitely not playing the same game most of us are.

#84 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 31 August 2014 - 12:57 PM

View PostVyx, on 31 August 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

[conspiracy speculation short on facts, and ignoring contrary evidence]

Bottom line: the Clan mechs are stronger 1:1 because they were meant to be. This was primarily to bring in more revenue.

I smell an infowars subscriber. This entire blast of noise is an exercise in bias confirmation, and conveniently ignores logic and fact - if new content is always more powerful (which has not been the case here; anyone got a Locust?) this will lead to widespread player discontent and reduced customer satisfaction with the game. If customers are not satisfied with the game, they are less likely to buy things and contribute to the revenue stream. So the actual argument being made is that PGI deliberately creates obvious imbalances in the game in order to achieve short-term profits at the expense of long-term game growth (and more money in the long run.) Presumably, none of the staff at PGI like having jobs...

Next you'll be telling us that the EPA is planning to use Russian troops to pacify America during a government takeover...

Edited by Void Angel, 31 August 2014 - 01:00 PM.

#85 Koniving

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Guide
  • The Guide
  • 23,384 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:06 PM

View Postxe N on, on 30 August 2014 - 02:32 PM, said:

Well, nice summary. I stopped reading at using flamers ... ;)

You'd be surprised. The second match after 8 minutes not the first match. Though I did get a Flamer kill in the first match.
The way I use the flamers effectively only counts as "2" flamers in terms of generating heat on enemies.

Edited by Koniving, 31 August 2014 - 01:10 PM.

#86 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:09 PM

View PostFleeb the Mad, on 31 August 2014 - 12:22 PM, said:

I have to specifically disagree with this assertion. Clan range advantages come in two parts that are the primary issue in my mind with Clan v IS weapon balance.

1) Longer extreme range allows clan mechs to fire on IS mechs that actually can't shoot back at all. Calling out IS players for failing to close range before engaging is not fair to the IS players, who tend to be in mechs that are slower than their Clan counterparts due to the need to carry a standard engine. There are numerous situations where an IS mech will start getting hit by Clan long-range weapons before they've made it far enough from their spawn point to get into cover, and be unable to shoot back. It is infinitely frustrating, as in the case with LRMs, to be stuck in a situation where you're getting hit and there's nothing you can do about it. It also occurs when IS mechs have to cross open ground in order to advance to effective range.

Here's the thing though. Just how often are you in a position were you are on an open plane, with perfect line of sight (no obstacles), at 800M+ ? The Map with the broken ship?.. Its stupid to go out near that thing nomater what mech your driving as there's no cover to use against 'any' weapon. The Desert-ish Volcano map? 90% of the fighting happens 'on' that volcano. Its rare that you see anyone go out to the outer edges on either side of the Volcano. The Canyon map? Standing up on the Canyon top, you've got cover nearly everywhere. Tera Therma (figures the only map i remember the name of is the one i hate the 'design' of in terms of paths they try to force you to go) Unless your fighting around the 'outside' of the volcano, most ranges are under 600m, and 90% of all fights end up with one or both sides running up into the caldera like a bunch of lemmings (as the map is 'designed' to funnel the action there unfortunately). The frozen city map? Plenty of hills and buildings. The City that's split by the Mountain?... Unless your fighting to the west/south of that Bridge... your not fighting at ranges over 500m. About the only map with 'almost' max range engagements most of the time is the Space one. And that only becomes an issue if you are standing up on the upper ramps, or fighting along the outer edges.

Since the Clan mechs that make best use of these weapons are faster than their IS counterparts, you can also be stuck in a situation where your IS mech can't actually close with a cagey Clanner. The idea that all an IS pilot has to do is get closer does not account for a Clan pilot who knows what they're doing.

Only if the IS mech's dont use XL engines... as i did with my direct 'numbers' game post. Yet the complain given with that is "our IS Mech's die when ST'd if we use an XL.".. Ok.. then Tweak how the loss of the ST effects the Clan mech's, Dont sit there and Nerf the 'weapons' as a way to balance a 'engine' difference.

In terms of useing XL on IS mech's, Not many people use them for 2 reasons:
1) The Whole lose the ST = dead mech thing (though everyone still shoots the CT most of the time anyway, or so people in this thread have said.)
2) The only reason to use an XL is if you are fighting Clan Mech's as a way to match their speed advantage or if you simply want to carry heavier weaponry than you normally would. (Yet we have NO way of specifically knowing if we are going to be fighting Clan or IS on the Live servers, so the IS guys keep their non XL engines and standard IS vs IS loadouts. And then complain the Clans are OP when those loadouts dont work as well against the Clan mech's.)

2) Clan weapons deal more damage at middle and long ranges due to their extended base range. ER medium lasers, in particular, have the same effective range as IS Large Lasers. So Clan mechs are able to unload more of their full damage potential at middle ranges as well, where IS mechs can't answer in volume of fire with large lasers or PPCs. So again, it's not proper to say that it's the fault of an IS player who is making poor decisions. I have a Stormcrow. I know I can pop out around a corner at 500m and unload 7 lasers into an IS assault who most likely has no more than a couple large lasers or PPCs to return fire with at that range. That's an engagement I can win handily every time, and there's nothing they can do about it because they have no hope of catching me if I move to a different spot.

Scroll up a bit (on page 4) and look at the direct 'matched' comparisons i made between a Timber / Pult, Stormcrow / Hunchback, Kitfox / Raven. The 'damage' that everyone keeps trying to say is 'way overpowered' is ironically close to equal with Clan mech's haveing just a 'slight' (less than 9-points in the highest) advantage in terms of damage. Cooling is close except for the Timber/Pault and Raven/Kitfox examples, and Speeds are nearly identical except for the Hunch/Stormcrow.

Granted, not everyone is going to use my preferred builds (hey they work well for me and how i pilot my mech's so i call them good). But if you want to play the 'numbers' game. Those numbers are nowhere near as bad as everyone tries to say they are IF you change that IS vs IS loadout into an IS vs Clan loadout.

An IS medium, by contrast, can't repeat that because its low-tonnage weapons have a much lower effective range and it will be taking at least equal fire in return. It's particularly lopsided when you consider that a Clan heavy or assault can punch out an IS medium attempting to do the same thing because they can, again, levy a greater portion of their firepower at middle range.

Your basing most of then on a 1 on 1 senario. Thats the problem. How often do you see a IS mech facing off against a Clan mech 1 on 1, with neither of them having any help, when the Clan mech is at his optimal range that is outside of the IS mech's return-fire ability, and that IS mech just sits there and Dosnt close the gap or use LRM's that CAN hit at the distance?

Yes he will take some armor damage while moving closer, but that damage will be spread out a LOT more because of the longer burn time of the Clan weapon, than he would if he'd been getting hit by an IS weapon which does all of its damage in 1 second or less with ALL of its beam weapons. While the Clan Beams take over 1 second to do their full damage, except for MPL's at 0.9 duration, and SPL's at 0.75 (which are still nearly 2x the burn-time of the IS counterparts)

So you run from one rock to another. A Claner fires at you with an ERLL. He hits your arm, ST, and CT in lets say... a total of 1 second. Thats 5.65 damage spread across 3 components. If an IS ERLL had hit at 'its' optimal, thats 9 damage spread across those 3 components. Yes he's doing 'some' damage.. but its barely over 1/2 of the damage a IS beam would have done in the same scenario. The only difference being the Clan can do it slightly further away, but again, how often are you 'really' engaging other mech's at ranges that are 'perfect' for Clan mech's, and un-usable to IS?

The damage over time mechanics make raw damage numbers balance against the fact that Clans have lower tonnage weapons and more compact equipment. It does not in any way account for the extended range, which combined with overly survivable clan XL engines offer an unequaled and frankly, unfair, advantage.

Here's the thing about the Damage over Time stuff.

Clan ERLL vs IS ERLL.

In the time it takes a Clan ERLL to fire at a target, do its full duration/damage, and cycle its cooldown so it can 'start' to fire again. The IS ERLL has fired twice and is starting its 'second' cooldown cycle.

Every argument about Clan weapons always revolves around their extra range, But again, how often are you truly AT those 'extra range' distances when facing off against an IS mech?

Every argument about Clan "XL" engines, revolve around having to destroy 'both' ST's in order to kill the Clan Mech. Yet, people in this thread come up and say that they still shoot the CT instead of ST's anyway be it IS or Clan as its 'faster' to kill the Mehc's that way.

Of the two, only the Clan XL vs IS XL really has any 'weight' behind it. Yet its the One thing PGI is not making any changes to. Instead their content with nerfing Clan weapons over and over again until one day Clan mech's will overheat just from firing 2 ERSL's at one time.

Edited by ShadowWard, 31 August 2014 - 01:36 PM.

#87 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:13 PM

View PostDeathlike, on 31 August 2014 - 12:57 PM, said:

On the Raven, where shooting its legs is commonplace and its mortal weakness (due to the hitbox nerf)... you are definitely not playing the same game most of us are.

I dont run Raven's all that often if ever =P

I just put the ammo there out of habit from when i play my Wolverine or Thunderbolt.

#88 Kvaneal

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 43 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:20 PM

Now that I know using flamers automatically means I get teammates free to shoot at my target I WILL take me some flamers! I sure wish other weapons guaranteed me at least a 2 to 1 advantage.

#89 Coolant

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,079 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:22 PM

OP....TLDR

#90 Gwydion Ward

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Nova Commander
  • Nova Commander
  • 344 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 01:29 PM

View PostCoolant, on 31 August 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

OP....TLDR

Then why waist time posting? :rolleyes:

#91 Void Angel

• The Marauder
  • The Marauder
  • 6,601 posts
  • LocationParanoiaville

Posted 31 August 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostCoolant, on 31 August 2014 - 01:22 PM, said:

OP....TLDR

Code of Conduct - Expanded. Hit Control F and search for "TLDR."

#92 Y E O N N E

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 16,810 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 06:03 PM

View PostShadowWard, on 31 August 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

~Mega Snip~

I would like to point out that everybody shooting for center doesn't matter if the target is spreading his damage properly. I spread my damage like crazy and almost always lose a side torso before death. If you spread your damage evenly, you will always lose a side torso first simply because it can't absorb as much punishment as the center.

I would also like to share an anecdote from today that's kind of a role reversal:

I was on Caustic Valley in my Catapult K2; it runs the quad ML with two AC/10, 5 tons of ammo, and an XL 260. I had been damaged to about 50% front CT armor by a bouncing Kitfox with CLPL; I killed him mid-bounce, but the damage was done. I move to the center of the crater to head off the enemy's retreat as the rest of the team pushed them from D4. There's a Timberwolf there, fresh. His loadout? Boating CERSL and a bunch of SRMs.

Now, I can't engage him because I can't point my cannons down low enough, so I back off. Too late, he sees me. He punches me in the face with those SRMs, and that opens me up. Okay, great, this fight is not going well.

I keep a piece of terrain between myself and him as I try and put distance between us; I get some opportunity shots on his CT has he passes some gaps and I take him down to cherry CT armor. I'm trying to get him out past 270 meters so his SRMs are of no use. I only run at 71 kph and change, see? I manage to get outside that SRM range by forcing him to get around terrain, but not before my leg armor is stripped.

It becomes a circle dance around the inner circumference of the crater, him trying to close on me but having to turn away because two AC/10 firing every 2.25 seconds is painful. Still, we were about 220 meters from each other for the roughly two minute duration of the fight. He was of average skill with leading his SRM salvos, but I didn't make it easy with lots of speed variations and direction changes.

I had him down to within one shot of death before my team finished killing the other 9 enemies and a Jenner killed him for me, but I had him dead to rights despite an exposed LT, CT, and Legs simply because I kept outside his optimum range while he was well within mine.

It was pretty intense.

#93 Some Douche

• PipPip
  • 37 posts

Posted 31 August 2014 - 07:43 PM

It's because they're literally ******* broken.

Type whatever bull **** you want here.

Every person that has every piloted one knows they're stupid ******* OP.

#94 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 31 August 2014 - 08:33 PM

View PostSome Douche, on 31 August 2014 - 07:43 PM, said:

It's because they're literally ******* broken.

Type whatever bull **** you want here.

Every person that has every piloted one knows they're stupid ******* OP.

Cute Fox, Peace Dove, Badder, Suckonner. Marginal ones include the Nova and Dire Whale. Good ones include Stormcrow and Timberwolf.

So, 2 out of 8 are good, 4 are between mediocre or bad, 2 have good firepower, but bad hitboxes.

But, hey, every single Clan mech is OP. Have it your way.

Edited by Mcgral18, 31 August 2014 - 08:44 PM.

#95 Fleeb the Mad

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 441 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:13 AM

View PostShadowWard, on 31 August 2014 - 01:09 PM, said:

Scroll up a bit (on page 4) and look at the direct 'matched' comparisons i made between a Timber / Pult, Stormcrow / Hunchback, Kitfox / Raven. The 'damage' that everyone keeps trying to say is 'way overpowered' is ironically close to equal with Clan mech's haveing just a 'slight' (less than 9-points in the highest) advantage in terms of damage. Cooling is close except for the Timber/Pault and Raven/Kitfox examples, and Speeds are nearly identical except for the Hunch/Stormcrow.

I don't take much stock in that kind of theorycrafting. Its not realistic. The real numbers, as shown by Clan v IS testing results, and Kiiyor's extensive reporting, encompassing the results of hundreds of matches, show a clear pattern. Additionally, if you'd actually taken a Catapult into combat lately, you may notice a slight difference in the size of its CT hitbox compared to other mechs that greatly influences its survivability. That's similar to how there's a quantifiable difference in the survivability of IS XL engines vs Clan ones that doesn't present itself on paper either. IS mechs have the option of matching speed or matching survivability but cannot do both. That's not a balanced tradeoff either. The Clan XL is simply substantially better. Things like that makes these comparisons on paper fairly irrelevant in actual combat, but it also overlooks one more fundamental point:

A longer-ranged weapon does its full damage over a greater range, and that is never accounted for in various attempts to prove that DPS isn't that different. At the point where an IS ML does zero damage, a clan ML is still doing the majority of its own. It in fact has a range profile similar to the IS large laser, whose tonnage prohibits boating in the way that Clan lasers can be. Similarly a Clan ER Large laser or PPC will out-perform its IS counterpart at long range because it has a more forgiving damage reduction.

Also, trying to obfuscate a point about Clan weapons having flat-out more range by implying that extra range can't be effectively used is completely wrong. Have you played a game on Alpine lately? Not being able to cross open spaces such as the water on Forest Colony or River City is a consequence of this particular problem, which is apparently 'stupid to do'. It's not supposed to be suicide. With the changes to the PPC making it harder to land long-range hits, the IS has only one sniper weapon left in the stable - the Gauss rifle. Its Clan counterpart functions exactly the same, with the exception of fewer crits and less tonnage. It's functionally superior in every respect. That isn't balance either.

I get the impression you're not a brawler, because nobody who has to close in an IS mech would try to dismiss arguments on Clan range by trying to imply only a slopply player lets themselves get shot from 800m. As much as I wish this game was all brawl, all the time, fights in my experience start out as peek-a-boo cover fighting at long range with a No Man's Land in between. Being out of cover for only a couple seconds is enough to get repeatedly hit, depending on how many enemies see you.

Your basing most of then on a 1 on 1 senario.

Yes, I used a simplified anecdote to illustrate a point. Battles are fairly chaotic, however the argument behind it still stands. An IS mech is at a disadvantage due to its inferior range. It will be universally true that an IS mech will have to close with a clan mech in order for paper DPS comparisons to be valid, and it will have to make more sacrifices in order to do so.

Of the two, only the Clan XL vs IS XL really has any 'weight' behind it. Yet its the One thing PGI is not making any changes to. Instead their content with nerfing Clan weapons over and over again until one day Clan mech's will overheat just from firing 2 ERSL's at one time.

I find my position to be more objective. If the key to the game is to make lots of different options viable, you have to attack clear outliers that are either too strong or too weak. Nerfs to the most powerful tech as opposed to buffs to the weakest will come because PGI wants combat to last longer. I do too, personally. But I don't buy into notions that they're going to nerf Clan mechs into the ground for the same reason they didn't release Clantech as being flat out superior to IS tech as it is in canon. Still, it doesn't have to be impossible for IS to fight Clan mechs for it to be imbalanced. I'm not looking for reasons to counter arguments for fear of getting nerfed. After playing both I'm sure that Clan tech isn't properly balanced.

#96 PitchBlackYeti

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 135 posts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 12:45 AM

So basically what the OP is trying to say is that IS has to employ tactics, teamwork and flawless gameplay to beat the clans. And what happens when the Clan players know their stuff? I'm against nerfing clan weapons and mechs, they are supposed to be better and they are (If I hear "not better only different" one more time I swear I'm gonna go and commit a crime or at least break forum rules). But some kind of balance (personally I'm leaning towards 12vs10) has to be achieved one way or the other to keep the game fun for BOTH factions. Well unless clan players like to get stuck in endless waiting queues when IS vs Clan goes live.

#97 Hagoromo Gitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconic Combine, outscirts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:17 AM

Clans are OP, Clans will be nerfed. L2P n00bs.

Edited by Hagoromo Gitsune, 01 September 2014 - 01:17 AM.

#98 Kilo 40

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 2,879 posts
  • Locationin my moms basement, covered in cheeto dust

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:34 AM

View PostVyx, on 31 August 2014 - 12:48 PM, said:

PGI releases new content (which you must pay for) that is -stronger- than the existing content in order to incentivize you to buy it. If the new mechs were balanced and equivalent to the current mechs, do you think as many customers would rush to buy them? Many people simply want to win; and they have disposable income. If the new mechs are bigger, better, stronger, faster - and the customer who wants that has the cash - then they will buy. This is marketing, pure and simple.

Given time, PGI will bring the nerf bat and knock the Clan mechs back in line. But that will be -after- the rush of purchases they hoped to spur. Why do you think the Clan mechs are being eeked-out for C-Bills so very slowly? So you will buy them for real cash, in order to compete.

so you have absolutely no clue about the history of the franchise.

You're right they were designed to be more powerful than what we currently had. But not by PGI. PGI released them already nerfed compared to what clans were in every other mechwarrior/battletech game.

you should really try to have a basic understanding of something before you spout silly conspiracy theories about it.

#99 Widowmaker1981

• The Widow Maker
  • The Widow Maker
  • 5,031 posts
  • LocationAt the other end of the pretty lights.

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:53 AM

Thread a little long so im not sure if this has been said, but as it stands clan mechs are NOT faster than IS counterparts, other than the Timber Wolf and the Stormcrow. (kitfox, adder, and direwolf are SLOW, Nova and Warhawk are standard speed.. i guess summoner is quite fast, but its bad so whatever) - and in fairness, these are the two overpowered clan chassis. Overall nerfs to clan weapons hurt the other chassis, what needs to happen is chassis specific negative quirks to those 2.

#100 Hagoromo Gitsune

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 579 posts
  • LocationLuthien, Draconic Combine, outscirts

Posted 01 September 2014 - 01:58 AM

View PostKilo 40, on 01 September 2014 - 01:34 AM, said:

so you have absolutely no clue about the history of the franchise.

You're right they were designed to be more powerful than what we currently had. But not by PGI. PGI released them already nerfed compared to what clans were in every other mechwarrior/battletech game.

you should really try to have a basic understanding of something before you spout silly conspiracy theories about it.

They are NOT designed to be "moar powerfull", just check the Lore/Sarna.Net CL weapon stats, combine them with your mech build and compare with same class IS mech weapon builds and lore weapon stats.
So please, Clan FanGirls, stop crying a river the NERFINATOR are right.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users