#auniversetoexplore

244 replies to this topic

#161 headclot

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:07 AM

@Egomane -

Thank you for the reply. I wish you guys a better development cycle than the one with MWO. I know cry engine can be a pain in the behind some times.

#162 El Bandito

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 26,736 posts
  • LocationStill doing ungodly amount of damage, but with more accuracy.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:16 AM

I bet the author of this article will have fun adding yet another chapter.

http://www.gamefront...m-ragesplosion/

PGI, y u do dis?

#163 slide

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,768 posts
  • LocationKersbrook South Australia

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:21 AM

View PostEgomane, on 06 September 2014 - 01:00 AM, said:

This should answer your questions 1 and 3.

That statement by Bryan Ekman proves nothing. As known, proven and self confessed liars (no CW until MS renews Licence despite assurances to the contrary) it is hard to swallow anything Mr Ekman has to say.

Even if you do believe him it is evident that profits from MWO have already been spent on this venture even if it is just in the pay packets of Ekman and Bullock, thus making the statement disingenuous from the start. Did they take a pay cut and reduce their hours on MWO to work on this project? Did they work on it 100% on their own time out of the office? I think not. Anytime anyone from the MWO crew including management has spent working on this new project will have had an adverse affect on the development of MWO. Explains why in half of bullocks tweets he has no idea what is going on.

"MWO made by fans for the fans", yeah right.

Edited by slide, 06 September 2014 - 01:22 AM.

#164 Alex Wolfe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,359 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:31 AM

You're not getting me aboard another ride, guys.

And the same things that worked here won't fly again without YOUR FAVORITE ROBOT FRANCHISE OF OLD painted on the hull.

Posted Image

Edited by Alex Wolfe, 06 September 2014 - 04:18 AM.

#165 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:33 AM

View PostCoffiNail, on 05 September 2014 - 08:29 PM, said:

Okay. I had this from the first page... You are serious? Really? You must try harder then, quiaff? Your ELO is too low. I see founders all the time in my matches. From the Pheonix tags, to the Founders. All three levels, including Legen-waitforit-dary ones. Some of them are bitter, but I think a majority are still playing. Would love to see those sort of stats TBH. But really. Go practice more, get out of Solo que, something. I see founders in almost every match I drop in.

Actually, we have it on good authority that there are only about 50% of the Founders left plying the game, and those 50% include Founders who only play once in a month or so. That's guys like me who check back once every other patch or so to see if PGI finally found a way out of their mess, but I wouldn't by any means consider me as "still playing".
That was one year ago. I'm willing to bet that the number has shrunken considerably by now.

#166 Postumus

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 399 posts
  • LocationOregon

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:33 AM

Forget for a second that the new game will likely put MWO on the back burner. What game developer in their right mind would start working on a new sci-fi space game now? EVE is still going strong, Elite Dangerous is in beta, and Star Citizen will more than likely beat them to the punch. For anyone else, theres even Star Conflict. If that isn't market saturation, I don't know what is. I really don't see this thriving with all of the competition, especially with the development schedule and design decisions we have seen PGI come up with.

#167 Egomane

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 8,163 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:35 AM

View Postslide, on 06 September 2014 - 01:21 AM, said:

That statement by Bryan Ekman proves nothing. As known, proven and self confessed liars (no CW until MS renews Licence despite assurances to the contrary) it is hard to swallow anything Mr Ekman has to say.

It doesn't change the fact, that this is the official answer to those questions. No one is forcing you to accept this answer and I don't believe I implied that anywhere.

#168 CPL Madison

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • 98 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:35 AM

will this new game also be unfinished after 3 years and be full of lag and crashes?

#169 headclot

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:40 AM

PGI -

As a show of good will towards past MWO players. Why not offer them an exclusive ship or something. MWO has not had the best game development cycles and is still mostly unfinished.

They deserve something for putting up with this for this long.

#170 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:44 AM

View Postheadclot, on 06 September 2014 - 01:40 AM, said:

PGI -

As a show of good will towards past MWO players. Why not offer them an exclusive ship or something. MWO has not had the best game development cycles and is still mostly unfinished.

They deserve something for putting up with this for this long.

I don't want a ship. I want CW.

#171 Jimmy Page

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 145 posts
  • LocationOh1O

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:46 AM

Uninstalled mechwarrior a few minutes ago. I'll be there on the 9th with 15 different accounts so you can keep banning them. Anyone who has the slightest bit of interest will know the MWO communities feelings on this new money grab. Shame on all of you guys at PGI. How do you sleep at night by ripping people off? Niko, how can you sleep at night? I am almost speechless. Enjoy the terrible press that's headed your way. I'm sure MWO will be shut down soon enough. I'll keep tabs on every employee at PGI and no matter where you go, i'll be there to let players know where you came from and how you are all liars and thieves.

#172 MischiefSC

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Benefactor
  • The Benefactor
  • 16,697 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 01:54 AM

There are times I can be pretty skeptical about the human race but, seriously, you guys are enough to make someone look up at the skies, see a massive asteroid blotting out the sun as it prepares to blast the Earth back to molten debris and just say 'oh thank god.'

If PGI wants to make another game.... then so what? Either be interested or don't. I don't care if they spend the money that MW:O generates on hookers and blow or fleshing out their MLP collectables. If you don't want to spend money on something.... don't spend money on it. Where that money goes isn't your business.

As to this idea that if PGI gets involved in another game MW:O will collapse....

Well, reading this thread actually makes me a tad excited at the idea if only to scatter some of the bitter, petulant, clearly very frustrated at life people here out into the real world. Go for a walk, get some air. I saw some guy above threatening to stalk PGI employees because he's.... what, upset at how they spend their money?

I'm at a loss. Really. Some of you guys are so depressing you make EAs whole Sims 4 debacle look like a grade school spat. Do you realize how silly this is, to the point where it stops getting silly and edges into both depressing and a bit alarming?

I'll play MW:O while it's fun. It's a computer game. It's made by people who make computer games. They are, apparently, making another one. Great! Hope they have fun. If it looks good I'll play it. Having multiple projects under the same roof is always a good idea; it creates cross pollination and can help keep a single-focus project group from getting too 'inbred'.

I am not at MW:O investing in the cure for cancer or building a better future for human civilization. I'm playing big stompy robots and shooting lasers and missiles and BFGs at stuff to blow it up. If there is anyone out there who is so obsessed or wrought up over this that it's making them actually legitimately angry....

Please. Go take a break. Watch kitten videos. Talk to actual human beings in person. There's so much in this thread that just ain't healthy. PGI is making another game. Great! Always room for more games I actually have more than one on my computer. Hopefully all you do too. A lot of this is just.... absurd. Wonky, unhealthy level absurd.

#173 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts
  • LocationBerlin, Germany

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:15 AM

View PostICEFANG13, on 05 September 2014 - 09:42 PM, said:

True, but a large amount of the founders package money went to support MWTactics.

Stop repeating non-sense spread by forum trolls and deliver facts when you make such claims.

#174 Jules Vernes

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:17 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 06 September 2014 - 01:54 AM, said:

I'll play MW:O while it's fun. It's a computer game. It's made by people who make computer games. They are, apparently, making another one. Great! Hope they have fun. If it looks good I'll play it. Having multiple projects under the same roof is always a good idea; it creates cross pollination and can help keep a single-focus project group from getting too 'inbred'.

I am not at MW:O investing in the cure for cancer or building a better future for human civilization. I'm playing big stompy robots and shooting lasers and missiles and BFGs at stuff to blow it up. If there is anyone out there who is so obsessed or wrought up over this that it's making them actually legitimately angry....

Please. Go take a break. Watch kitten videos. Talk to actual human beings in person. There's so much in this thread that just ain't healthy. PGI is making another game. Great! Always room for more games I actually have more than one on my computer. Hopefully all you do too. A lot of this is just.... absurd. Wonky, unhealthy level absurd.

Some differentiation would go a long way in understanding why people are upset. Let me help you with that.

PGI promised many things to generate money for development from its customers/fanbase. This included "no 3rd person", CW by the end of what, 2012? It included new maps on a constant interval, and so many other things. They had some struggles to cope with, like the rewriting of big chunks of the CryEngine and netcode, which tbh they are not done with as of today. Desyncs are worse than ever and so far they are lacking a solution. They also stated that they are missing some staff to work efficiently and proclaimed that they were actively looking for personnel....for two years.

Fast forward today: despite still missing major features on which many players based their decision to invest money on and the job vacancies still existing on their homepage, they announce a new title. Naturally, new projects need people working on it. You also need money you can invest in this new project. Now, if they first had taken care of the problems MWO had, I am sure not many people would be that upset about their announcement. As is though, MWO is far from finished. With every patch, new bugs are introduced, desyncs are terrible right now, balance is not done yet, no CW apart from a non-interactive map (no infos either) and we are still waiting for a new map and other game modes.

And here you are, MischiefSC, wondering why so many people are angry. With the only advice being "cmon, you don't have a reason to rage. Relax, it's just a game". Good one.

Edit: I just want to add that I always gave PGI the benefit of the doubt. I bought my Phoenix package as well as the full clan package. They won trust this year by meeting deadlines and it generally feels/felt as if the game would finally move in the right direction. This announcement pretty much destroyed every bit of trust I had in this company. I don't want to get the pitchforks and I will see what details they give us on Monday, but they better be transparent about funding and finances. No money from me otherwise, and I am sure that quite some fans that were loyal so far will do the same.

Edited by Jules Vernes, 06 September 2014 - 02:30 AM.

#175 Aluminumfoiled

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 189 posts
  • LocationErehwon

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:32 AM

The disturbing part is you announce this when in my next match:

Will all players have a ping for a valid match.
Will I desync. And if so, when I recon will I be dead.

#176 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:36 AM

View Posto0Marduk0o, on 06 September 2014 - 02:15 AM, said:

Stop repeating non-sense spread by forum trolls and deliver facts when you make such claims.

In fact they openly admitted to this IIRC. Since all those forum wipes and IGP/PGI's poicy of deleting "outdated" information from their web sites, there may be no official word on this left. But there are many news sites from that time that you could google. For example: http://www.tomshardw...news-40611.html

Infinite Game, MechWarrior Online's publisher, will used the funding to supporting MechWarrior Online and the two other titles Infinite has in the works: MechWarrior Tactics and the not-at-all-related to Sins of a Solar Empire project, Sins of a Dark Age.

#177 Jules Vernes

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • 35 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:43 AM

View PostRedDragon, on 06 September 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

In fact they openly admitted to this IIRC. Since all those forum wipes and IGP/PGI's poicy of deleting "outdated" information from their web sites, there may be no official word on this left. But there are many news sites from that time that you could google. For example: http://www.tomshardw...news-40611.html

Not exactly true. The money from every sale is split between PGI and IGP. I don't know how much of the sales money PGI has to give IGP, but fact is, that some remains with the publisher, which can then be distributed to other projects. That is pretty much industry standard and the way publishers work. It was communicated very poorly though and since the distinction between PGI and IGP is not easy to be made (I mean, come on, they even have the same three letters...), people came to the (wrong) conclusion that PGI spent their money on MWT.

Edited by Jules Vernes, 06 September 2014 - 04:06 AM.

#178 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:49 AM

View PostRedDragon, on 06 September 2014 - 02:36 AM, said:

:lol: It would be funny if it wouldn't be so sad the same time. :(
Are you telling me, that that you don't know, that the linked news article is wrong? READ the source (Gamasutra, it is even linked in the headline) to understand the original meaning. Be careful in the internet what you read, too often facts get mixed and wrong information is spread.

#179 30ft SMURF

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • IS Exemplar
  • IS Exemplar
  • 109 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:54 AM

View PostHeffay, on 05 September 2014 - 09:35 PM, said:

Ugh... no. Horrible idea. Why do people keep promoting this??

Because clan stars are 5 man lance like groups and two of them are roughly equal to one IS unit... Another thing that is actually from Mechwarrior/Battletech so it'll never happen in this craptastic game...

Edited by 30ft SMURF, 06 September 2014 - 02:54 AM.

#180 o0Marduk0o

• Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 4,231 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 02:56 AM

View Post30ft SMURF, on 06 September 2014 - 02:54 AM, said:

Because clan stars are 5 man lance like groups and two of them are roughly equal to one IS unit... Another thing that is actually from Mechwarrior/Battletech so it'll never happen in this craptastic game...

2 stars, 10 clan mechs, are equal to one IS unit? How big is a unit for you?

5 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 5 guests, 0 anonymous users