215 replies to this topic

#161 Leded

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 281 posts
  • LocationNew York

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

i found and read the MWO segment in my old PC Gamer from Dec 2012..... i am sad now

#162 donut overdose

• Pip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 17 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:05 PM

I read this on Outreach, possible explanation?

PGI previously stated that all MWO funds are used for MWO. If you use accounting magic it works like this: Money made by MWO goes to general fund. Bills paid. MWO work done and paid for. Profits and R&D money set aside. Money from profits used to make new game. See, all MWO funds used for just MWO. New game creation used from non-MWO account.

Edited by donut overdose, 06 September 2014 - 08:05 PM.

#163 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:51 PM

The only way i can see this turn into anything even resembling something positive is if this new game described as:

It's epic, it's online, it's sci-fi.

is in fact a MMORPG persistent world based in the Inner Sphere with all the BT lore.

So:

1. Is this new game a MMORPG persistent world based in the Inner Sphere with all the BT lore?

Edited by Carl Wrede, 06 September 2014 - 09:05 PM.

#164 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 08:56 PM

Please remember to follow the instructions in the OP. Let's not turn this into a thread discussing/debating individual posts.

#165 TrentTheWanderer

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 264 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:30 PM

With the already substantial products being released in the Space Sim genre (Star Citizen, Elite: Dangerous, and others) what makes you think your entry into the market has a customer base?

Do you have the expectation that players will be interested in playing or paying for your new project?

#166 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:36 PM

View PostTKSax, on 06 September 2014 - 09:33 PM, said:

People have tried and they have been closed and pointed here.

Open to all discussions, that follows topic.

There is no one topic in a thread that is open to all discussions. I am going to guess you missed my point.

#167 Tanreh

• PipPip
  • Private, First Class
  • 49 posts

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:39 PM

Here are my questions

1.) How many ressources will be placed into fulfilling the promises made over the years regarding features in MWO...i.e. the announced features upon which the community spend money on and stil do not have?

2.) Will the communication be straightlined for the new game AND MWO? At the moment it is rather incoherent as tidbits of news are announced via Twitter, Reddit or the forums. Will there be an improved way of communication (by which I mean -> usage of forum only?)

3.) You are saying you will benefit from having two games you are developping...at the same time the sunject of the games is different. In which areas is MWO benefitting from the new game?

4.) After several years MWO is stil missing base features every other MMO seems to have. Will base features be implemented in the new game from the start ?

5.) What do you plan to ensure the community will believe your promises you will be making about the new game if at the moment many in the community are not believing you because of the history of MWO? Please look at this question in the context of many of the posts before...nobody is sure whether the money you got from selling stuff in MWO is NOT being placed to fund other games exclusively while stalling development in MWO.

6.) This forum contains a lot of feedback, ideas, suggestions about how to fix bug/problems/balancing in MWO. I have the impression that none of them is actually listened to by the developpers (example: nerf of CERLL in multiple categories -> huge outcry -> many suggestions/feedback how to better balance the weapons -> nevertheless same appraoch to CERML some weeks later). Will you implement a better feedback on player suggestions in the new game?

7.) Many people spend much money on this game. With the Clan packages alone you would normally be able to buy 4-5 good games or sustain a 2 years membership in many MMOs. What is your price model for the new game?
I think many people will be reluctant to spend as much money for fractures of an unfinished game again.

#168 Scratchicus

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 25 posts
  • LocationTennessee

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:40 PM

View PostCarl Wrede, on 06 September 2014 - 08:51 PM, said:

The only way i can see this turn into anything even resembling something positive is if this new game described as:

It's epic, it's online, it's sci-fi.

is in fact a MMORPG persistent world based in the Inner Sphere with all the BT lore.

So:

1. Is this new game a MMORPG persistent world based in the Inner Sphere with all the BT lore?

That actually makes sense and would be awesome. The same reletive technology could probably be used to make a lot of the stuff promised in MWO come into being.

I'll say this.

PGI, ya'll need to do some damage control. People are worried and deflated right now when they aren't pissed.

#169 Clownwarlord

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,410 posts
  • LocationBusy stealing clan mechs.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 09:51 PM

I guess my question is how are you going to continue the support of MWO and actually fulfill your promises that you have made to its customers while you are moving assets off the production of MWO?

Will this impact Community Warfare time table? and is there a time table are you willing to share that information?

In what ways can you prove your continued support of MWO? For the customers it is continued play and for some pay for the content but for PGI there is only progress and so what are you going to give us as proof of your continued support of the MWO name?

How do you expect the the movement of assets off of MWO will help MWO grow? Even though you may be bring in assets (as in workers) you are still moving experienced workers off this product to another ... losing experience normally isn't helpful, but how is it in this case?

Is MWO going to continue to grow for that matter? What are the numbers of member growth? What is the growth of people working on MWO? What is the progress of features promised to the customers?

I doubt my questions will be answered but good luck in doing so, and one final question for IGP. What is going to happen to MWT? and is that what you are going to do to MWO? (If you did not know another game associated with IGP is Mechwarrior Tactics and it has been in a 72 hour services down since September 1st and now it is September 7th.)

I would have asked that last question on MWT forums but hey like I said in a 72 hour service down has turned into a week and looks to continue. (It is a product of IGP so not PGI but um IGP also works on MWO.)

Edited by clownwarlord, 06 September 2014 - 10:29 PM.

#170 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:07 PM

I registered, Guilty as charged. I be damned if somebody else gets me name before I can swipe it

#171 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:37 PM

Will this have anything to do with Mechwarrior/Battletech?

Any chance that the two systems (stompy robots and flying "things") could be integrated to give us at least 2/4 of the full mixed-arms experience that Battletech is supposed to be. Mechs (implemented), Infantry/Elementals, Armor and Aerospace (not), just in case you are unsure what that means...

edit to add Infantry. Technically, Mechs are Armor (just walking instead of rolling), so it threw me off when counting. Sorry...it is awfully late at night...

Edited by Cimarb, 06 September 2014 - 11:20 PM.

#172 Carl Wrede

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 958 posts
  • LocationStockholm, Sweden

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:40 PM

View PostCimarb, on 06 September 2014 - 10:37 PM, said:

Will this have anything to do with Mechwarrior/Battletech?

Any chance that the two systems (stompy robots and flying "things") could be integrated to give us at least 2/3 of the full mixed-arms experience that Battletech is supposed to be. Mechs (implemented), Armor and Aerospace (not), just in case you are unsure what that means...

Dont forget infantry in all its forms (Mechanized infantry, Jump infantry, Elementals and Battlearmors).

#173 K1ttykat

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 90 posts
  • LocationVancouver, BC, Canada

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:46 PM

Knowing the response, why did you choose to tease your new game without providing details and assurances beforehand?

It is very hard to shake an first impression, regardless of logic and reason. People are not passionate about pgi, they are passionate about Battletech and pgi just happens to be making the only Battletech game. Please don't try to hype your other projects, just tell us everything is going to be okay with the IP we love.

Edited by K1ttykat, 06 September 2014 - 10:51 PM.

#174 Redshift2k5

Welcoming Committee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Stone Cold
  • Stone Cold
  • 11,975 posts
  • LocationNewfoundland

Posted 06 September 2014 - 10:53 PM

Will the new project be more new-player-friendly? More/better tutorials and learning systems, gentler grind?

If this is a new IP, without an owner such as Microsoft to pay royalties to, will you pass the savings on to the player? (more content for less money, compare the cost of a single Hero mech to the full game cost of many pc game titles)

#175 ShadowDraconis

• PipPip
  • 43 posts
  • LocationDeep within the FRR paving the way for the invasion.

Posted 06 September 2014 - 11:45 PM

Will this game be ready to play upon release? Will MWO be written off?

#176 SILENT THUNDER NINJA

Rookie

• Shredder
  • 9 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:18 AM

You have a new game scheduled and that is fine. Yours is a business and you should be thinking of creating new products along with maintaining old ones.

Here are my concerns with the way things are now:
1) I would appreciate it if you are not excessively money minded. Remember that customer satisfaction is paramount or no business will succeed. Try not charge us $2000 for a limited edition Gold skin for a standard ship.
2) With MWO, reach out to the target audience a little more. Rather than giving us the information we ask for, ask yourselves as to what you could do to provide a good customer experience. And rather than saying what it is that you could do, do it and give us the results, thereby preventing us from asking for information in the first place. Gives us more time to play the game.
3) From what I've seen and experienced, there are some die hard fans here who have played mechwarrior since the cretaceous period. For them, this is a game where they want to develop a good community. This is your target audience. They are the ones who will invest and keep investing. The golden boys with the highest ELO bracket will leave the game when the next big thing rolls out. So, try to improve the experience of your target audience. Please listen to the average man/woman and try to improve the game for him/her. And I am not talking about nerfing. I am talking about improving the overall gaming experience. Try to bring people together by organizing teamspeak channels where we can meet fellow mechwarriors and exchange gaming experiences. People wont whine and complain if they know the person they are playing against a little better.

Questions:
1) How are you planning to compete against games like star citizen. Are you bringing any advancements to the table ?
2) Are you planning on crowd funding ?
3) From MWO, do you have an idea of how to balance warfare from the get go and minimize 'nerfing at random intervals' ?
4) If the game is not F2P, what can we expect to have in hand, when we purchase the game, to provide a satisfying gaming experience from the start. Or will there be a waiting period between purchase and launch ?
5) When do you plan to launch the game ?

#177 King Arthur IV

• Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 12:36 AM

what will this game have that mwo can not have? and why can't mwo have it?

Edited by King Arthur IV, 07 September 2014 - 01:47 AM.

#178 Tekadept

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,290 posts
  • LocationPerth, Australia

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:04 AM

As this is not an established IP, who came up with the IP and subsequently fleshed it out or it outsourced?

#179 Argent Usher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 154 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:12 AM

Hmm "To be immortal, you must first be human." - Oberon

Oberon; (also spelled Auberon) is a king of the fairies.

Do we get something like "Starwars meets Lord of the Rings" if "Yes".

Can i get "floating islands" as planets PLEASE.

#180 BadOptics

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 90 posts
  • LocationSomethingAwful

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:22 AM

How much will gold skins in this game cost? I'm on a budget.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users