#auniversetoexplore - Part Deux

215 replies to this topic

#181 jozkhan

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 384 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 01:37 AM

Will the 'Founders' of this new game be the target audience for this new game this time?

Because if you recall before Open Beta even ended with MWO we were told by Bryan that the Founders, Beta testers and early adopters of MWO were no longer the target audience for the game.

I think maybe this time around you owe it to everyone to be up front about this BEFORE putting the founders packages up.

Also can you explain if this time the Founders are to be target audience then what has changed and why it was different with MWO.

#182 DeathlyEyes

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Messenger
  • 940 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationMetaphorical Island somewhere in the Pacific

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:04 AM

View PostSILENT THUNDER NINJA, on 07 September 2014 - 12:18 AM, said:

]
2) With MWO, reach out to the target audience a little more. Rather than giving us the information we ask for, ask yourselves as to what you could do to provide a good customer experience. And rather than saying what it is that you could do, do it and give us the results, thereby preventing us from asking for information in the first place. Gives us more time to play the game.

Mechwarrior was the first PC Game I played. I am in my 20s and work with disposable income. My ELO is confirmed to be as high as possible. Please don't act like the people who aren't good at this game are the ones who will be playing forever. In my experience a lot of the high ELO competitive players will likely play this game until it dies. They have invested a lot into it and enjoy it. Sure some play other games but this is the game they focus around.

#183 Alex Gorsky

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,283 posts
  • LocationRussia

Posted 07 September 2014 - 02:16 AM

My question is simple;
What do you think about to sell the project to other developer and to do what(#auniversetoexplore)ever you want?

#184 Homeless Bill

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,968 posts
  • LocationA Box Near You

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:18 AM

View PostNextGame, on 06 September 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

Your name, punctuated by your Legendary Founder tag, is so very relevant and so very sad.

And since I think I need a question: will there be third person view in this new game? =P

Edited by Homeless Bill, 07 September 2014 - 03:19 AM.

#185 Horusv2

• PipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 45 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 03:57 AM

Do you think anybody will be excited towards your new game?

#186 Marmon Rzohr

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Warden
  • The Warden
  • 769 posts
  • Locationsomewhere in the universe, probably

Posted 07 September 2014 - 04:35 AM

While you have stated that MWO will continue to be run on funds generated by MWO itself, what about profits that exceed the "maintenance" figures of MWO, will they be used to expand the MWO project or be used in a different way ?

While you, obviously, cannot go into detail about internal investment methods and logic, I would like to know whether MWO will be merely maintained with patches, perhaps new mechs, maps or can we expect the game to grow and develop ?

I think this is a large concern for your players, as they feel that profits generated from this game will be funneled into another project.
Cheers

Edited by Marmon Rzohr, 07 September 2014 - 04:39 AM.

#187 Pope RW

• PipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 53 posts
  • LocationPA USA

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:26 AM

Since it appears this question continually gets deleted.

Why does the co-founder of MWO think that it is "an online free-to-play giant robot combat game"? As there are no robots in MWO currently. Is this something they are going to add?

Edited by Pope RW, 07 September 2014 - 05:27 AM.

#188 King Arthur IV

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Moderate Giver
  • 2,549 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:42 AM

View PostPope RW, on 07 September 2014 - 05:26 AM, said:

Since it appears this question continually gets deleted.

Why does the co-founder of MWO think that it is "an online free-to-play giant robot combat game"? As there are no robots in MWO currently. Is this something they are going to add?

robot is more of a layman's term because not everyone will understand what a mech is.

#189 Devilman Zhang

• Pip
  • The Demon
  • The Demon
  • 12 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 05:50 AM

If this level of community backlash was expected, why wasn't the original AUTE forum page left up over the weekend to let people vent and then reset after the weekend to let people cool off without revoking their posting privileges? It just has a very negative feel when you silence people that are already disappointed.

Edited by Devilman Zhang, 07 September 2014 - 05:51 AM.

#190 Blackfang

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood Bound
  • The Blood Bound
  • 766 posts
  • LocationComing to a planet near you!

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:06 AM

What is your timeline for completing this: http://mwomercs.com/theplan#1

Can you give us an indication of when planetary and "front" warfare will be completed that's mentioned in this part http://mwomercs.com/theplan#1.26

And also when Merc corps can expect to find dropships to buy and utilise, as per this part :http://mwomercs.com/theplan#1.12.14.33

Thanks,
BF

#191 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:20 AM

Why do you think you are ready to start a new game when you have not published your first one?

How do you expect to compete with other space faring games that have huge fan followings that have players known to have paid thousands of dollars for those Alphas? Isn't that pool of funds kinda already tapped/spoken for?

How do you expect to get around your less than shining reputation from gaming reviews?

If you do not have the man power to meet MW:O target dates how do you expect to meet them with less than your full staff?

And again, How do you think you are ready to start a new title when you haven't finished your first one?

#192 Kamies

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 234 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:33 AM

MWO has no flag of Finland cockpit item even though Finnish team is playing in RHOD EU-finals tonight. Will this new game acknowledge the existence of us Finns or are you still mad that Canada can't beat us in ice hockey?

#193 Kyle Wright

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Fury
  • Fury
  • 663 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 06:35 AM

Hi Nike just a couple questions here.

1) Bryan mentioned that the reason progress is moving slow on MWO because of money.Dropping mech prices between $5-8 would sell more then current prices. Hero mechs maybe make $8-12. People are more incline to spend a lot of money little over time so they don't have to grind for several weeks.

So, can we open up a community dialog with marketing department and potentially start getting more cash in?

2) We know the new game is space related. How is this game gonna differ from Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous? Why should we go with you and not them? (Unique answer about features please.)

3) Is any of the MWO money for clan packs going into this new game?

I appreciate any answers Niko that you can give so we can call off the which hunt. I'm begging you to get as many critical questions answered as you can.

Thanks.

#194 LordLosh

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Blood-Eye
  • The Blood-Eye
  • 409 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:09 AM

I have the same questions as everyone else but with the addition of:
  • Do you have a full time Public Relations employee?
  • Do you have an improvement plan for building back the trust and confidence with the community that made you what you are today?
  • You have said in the past on Vlogs and pod-casts that if the community is not in an up roar you must be doing something right. Do you feel you have done anything wrong considering the multiple page posts on this forum, Reddit, and other public media?
  • Is there anyway to pull personal that were "hired" for this new game to speed up the development of MWO?
  • If not why do you feel or how can you justify this not being a priority or option, considering the workload MWO currently has to get community warfare online?
I'm very concerned as a both a player and investor that you are walking a thin line that should not be crossed. How can I trust and invest in you to delver on this new game when you have yet to do so with MWO?

#195 Catalinasgrace

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Ardent
  • The Ardent
  • 256 posts
  • LocationHudson, TX

Posted 07 September 2014 - 07:50 AM

My questions pretty much follow in line with everyone else...

However, I would like to add that as a businessman myself and having worked for myself for quite a while now I think this is a poor choice. I realize that every business needs to grow in order to be successful, that is just the nature of the beast. With that said though, if PGI has the manpower, financial backing, and resources to make a new game such as this. WHY not pour those resources into finally delivering the game that was promised here first??? Salvaging the reputation of MWO first and foremost would be my priority. I say that for the simple reason of looking at past devs when that make poor choices it DOES follow them to the next project. I would love to see PGI produce the best "MechWarrior" game ever made, and I have personally spent hundreds if not thousands of dollars here. So show me why I should continue to spend my money here instead moving on to something else... I'll be honest here, if PGI hasn't had enough manpower and resources to fulfill the promises made for MWO and it has taken this long to get where we are (hardly any maps, no CW, nothing more at this point other than arena deathmatches) in what parallel universe would you think it's a good idea to start a second major project?

My point to all of this is if you deliver the product that was promised with MWO, you will have the community to back you up and support you instead of the complete nuclear fallout you received in the first attempt at this thread...

Edited by Catalinasgrace, 07 September 2014 - 08:03 AM.

#196 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:41 AM

Personally, I am more worried about MW:O getting dumped -

NCSoft made such a situation dumping Tabula Rasa in favor of a different Sci-Fi MMO.

Even more so that it has been mentioned that MW:O could reach "all features complete" status.

Would that mean no more mech or map development?

#197 headbasher

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 134 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 09:49 AM

Have you guys lost faith that MWO can be as succesfull as you hoped it would be when you first started ? From what I have seen of past developers (HiRez -Tribes Ascend left to die for Smite) doing this it does not bode well for MWO . How will your case be different?

Don't give up on MWO and don't just keep it on life support it can still become the game you hoped it would be . Marvel heroes Online an IP that dwarfs battletech tanked bad when it launched but about a year and a half later they have clawed there way back out of the gutter and are doing really well. Mwo can to.

#198 Dark Jackal

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 187 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:17 AM

As we're coming close to the full release of Community Warfare module, it seems like the initial promises from PGI, even if the road was rocky, will be met at least to the letter. So my question are as follows:

What sort of NEW and exciting things will PGI plan or do for MechWarrior Online after the full Community Warfare release?

For 2015, do you plan to release any sort of new 'Mechs or content over the next coming year?

Where do you see MechWarrior Online five years from now?

#199 Johnny Z

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 9,942 posts
  • LocationDueling on Solaris

Posted 07 September 2014 - 10:56 AM

Will this game have capital ships with ai crew and 1st person view of the bridge.

Does this game have levels ie 1-50 or a dynamic proggression system?

Will this game have a cyberpunk theme and if not, what theme will it have?

Will this game be F2P or Sub?

#200 dario03

• Galaxy Commander
  • 3,622 posts

Posted 07 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

Well I would like to know the answers to the 2 example questions
Or more specifically
Are you hiring more people to work on these games or working with what you have?
And if you are expanding, about how many more people are you bringing in?

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users