49 replies to this topic

#41 Skave

• Pip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 14 posts

Posted 30 December 2014 - 02:10 PM

Energy heat generation -5%

that the quirks of the nva-prime right arm, and it's the only arm able to carry 6 energy weapon.

If you dispatch your weapon between the two arm you can't use them for shielding, and you must expose more part of your mech when playing peek a boo.

#42 Rando Slim

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Cub
  • The Cub
  • 459 posts

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:03 PM

Right so strictly speaking for PUG matches, the most FUN Nova build is 12 flamers and 4 machine guns. Yes the Nova is too slow and too squishy to really brawl properly, but you must bide your time, don't play your hand too early on the first semi-isolated target. Wait for a close range fight that both teams commit too and flank or try to get behind. Find a laser vomit mech and lock it down or kill it from behind. Or even better a hapless missile boat. Trollololol.

But today since I built it I have 18 kills and 9 deaths with it. Don't bring it o CW or high elo group queue. But its damn fun, and that's what the game is all about.

Edited by Scrotacus 42, 07 January 2015 - 11:03 PM.

#43 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 07 January 2015 - 11:40 PM

View PostCEOAnexor, on 07 September 2014 - 04:01 AM, said:

Thanks for the tip on the arms, I noticed they are much more responsive than the PRIMES.

Just to update you, the Nova Prime arms no longer have any penalties, and now both the Prime and -S arms have a -5% Energy Heat Generation quirk :)

#44 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 08 January 2015 - 04:26 AM

Has anyone been able to tell the difference? I can't tell -5% from before, I have 350 some battles in the nova I kept (S variant)
So far, 2 large pulse, 4mg's seem to at least make it tolerable.
Ironically, I've run 6 ERL's and almost no armor...how sad I last as long, but get more damage (sit back and dual chain fire- start one, alternate- you'll cook almost anything before it gets to cover) even with those low monkey arms and no armor, you can tear stuff up before
I love the mech, wont sell it, hope they fix it at some point. Not like an IS mech, where I've sold off, say the whatever (before quirks) an buying back IS mediums, is CHEAP to see if you like the changes
...this sits with a tarp on it most nights.

#45 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 09 January 2015 - 04:48 AM

The difference isn't significant, but it is noticeable. I took out my 8x ERML Prime a couple of days ago and did ok with it. You essentially get to fire a couple more shots before overheating.

#46 Dakkaface

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 226 posts
  • LocationHawaii

Posted 15 January 2015 - 03:46 PM

View PostThat Dawg, on 08 January 2015 - 04:26 AM, said:

Has anyone been able to tell the difference? I can't tell -5% from before, I have 350 some battles in the nova I kept (S variant)
So far, 2 large pulse, 4mg's seem to at least make it tolerable.

Each of the arms is -5%, so it's a total drop of -10% heat with two Prime or -S arms equipped. It's very noticeable.

Even dropping down to 8 cERML's before the heat bonus wasn't enough to make the Nova viable for me between the Clan laser nerf and the quirk pass. After the quirks though, 8cERML's is back to being perfectly viable, and you can do 10 if you're careful about it.

#47 That Dawg

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 15 January 2015 - 04:00 PM

-sold it

#48 CyborgDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 356 posts
  • LocationRight behind you o.o

Posted 15 January 2015 - 06:28 PM

View PostDakkaface, on 15 January 2015 - 03:46 PM, said:

Each of the arms is -5%, so it's a total drop of -10% heat with two Prime or -S arms equipped. It's very noticeable.

Even dropping down to 8 cERML's before the heat bonus wasn't enough to make the Nova viable for me between the Clan laser nerf and the quirk pass. After the quirks though, 8cERML's is back to being perfectly viable, and you can do 10 if you're careful about it.

^This. 8 cERMLs + TC1 has become my new favourite build :wub: 10 cERMLs was a little too hot for me but a friend of mine can run it to devastating effect. Also 6 cMPL +TC1 is hilariously fun.

#49 stalima

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Guardian
  • Guardian
  • 227 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 02 February 2015 - 06:40 PM

I believe this nova makes a serious killing machine:

http://mwo.smurfy-ne...7581c46da03ac52

10x ER small lasers
1x Large Pulse laser
5x Extra Heat sinks

It can alpha strike 63 damage and usually still follow up with another 5x ER small laser shot.

to summarise, you have 2 arms that can do 25 damage each and a torso gun that can do 13, the full alpha heat usually only goes to the 60s maybe bordering 70 in hotter maps and large pulse has a very similar duration to the small lasers to its benefit.

Its a pretty fun setup that gets you close up with your enemies but still has limited long range capacity, it also has the potential to destroy some medium mechs in one swoop if you line up your lasers perfectly or otherwise seriously cripple them, a fairly nasty leg clipper.

#50 eFTy

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 296 posts

Posted 03 February 2015 - 05:25 AM

I've recently switched from 8x ERML to 6x ERML & 6x ERSL. I really like it. Only 6 ERML means I'm no longer tempted to overheat while at stand-off ranges and the 6x ERSL are great for short range snaps at legs.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users