49 replies to this topic

#41 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:40 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 09 September 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

Camo skins should be unlocked for all variants of the chassis you're buying them for. I think that's fair.

ex. Buying the Buccaneer camo for my CPLT-A1 should let me use it on my Jester, C4, and C1

We're a few years and counting asking for that. Doubt it will ever happen.

#42 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:43 AM

View PostKOMMISSAR KITTY, on 09 September 2014 - 06:40 AM, said:

We're a few years and counting asking for that. Doubt it will ever happen.

I doubt it too. I get they have to make money though, and no one is forcing us to skin our variants.
I would like to see camo skins delved out as challenge prizes. Ie. win a challenge, and you can pick one free skin for one of your mechs.

#43 Nightmare1

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:49 AM

Hmm...I have not tried purchasing camos since the new UI 2.0 rolled out. I know that the previous one had a clear delineation between the 1-Shots and Unlocks though. Even the new UI 2.0 should have showed the MC price differential though.

Regarding the camos, 1-Shots are better for single Mechs or pairs, while the Unlock is better for an entire chassis class. It's best to hold off on purchasing camos until you decide you really like the Mech. For example, shortly after launch, I got excited and purchased a camo unlock for my Commandos. I only own the 2D now, so the Unlock was largely wasted. On the other hand, I purchased the Phranken unlock for my Hunchbacks. Since I own four and will most likely purchase the other two variants at a later date, that unlock is worth it to me.

Generally speaking, the best thing to do before making an MC purchase in this game is to check with your fellow Unit pilots. They'll be your best resource for preventing this sort of frustration. We're in the same Unit, so just give me or Ayridynn a holler before your next MC purchase, and we'll let you know if it's a good or bad one. :)

View Postxeromynd, on 09 September 2014 - 06:39 AM, said:

I get that they have to monetize, but I think camo skins should be unlocked for all variants of the chassis you're buying them for. I think that's fair. (But I also understand that any chance to make money, is..well....a chance to make money and keep the game rolling) ex. Buying the Buccaneer camo for my CPLT-A1 should let me use it on my Jester, C4, and C1

That's what the Unlock feature does. The 1-Shot is only applicable for the one Mech.

In other words, if you have several Mechs of a chassis, use the Unlock feature. If you're only skinning one or two Mechs, use the 1-Shot feature. :)

#44 PANZERKAT

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 346 posts
  • LocationToronto, Ontario

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:50 AM

I thought the one shot was only for a single match?

#45 xeromynd

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,022 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationNew York

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:51 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 09 September 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

That's what the Unlock feature does. The 1-Shot is only applicable for the one Mech.

In other words, if you have several Mechs of a chassis, use the Unlock feature. If you're only skinning one or two Mechs, use the 1-Shot feature. :)

Really? I must've missed this feature entirely. Thanks for clarifying. I'll be looking for it next time I log in, didn't know we had this!

#46 IraqiWalker

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 9,682 posts
  • LocationCalifornia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:53 AM

View PostKOMMISSAR KITTY, on 09 September 2014 - 06:50 AM, said:

I thought the one shot was only for a single match?

Nope it stays on the mech you bought it for, however, if you switch to a different one, it's gone.

I thought so as well, and then one day I got bored, and bought the Phranken for my COM-2D (Looks AMAZING btw, especially with a red skeleton, and black everything, colors). It's still on my Commando to this day.

View Postxeromynd, on 09 September 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

Really? I must've missed this feature entirely. Thanks for clarifying. I'll be looking for it next time I log in, didn't know we had this!

When selecting camos, you should be able to find the one-shot options. It's the same camo except for like a third of the price.

#47 Roland

• 8,260 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:55 AM

I suspect that PGI would enjoy increased revenues if they made camo patterns fully unlocked for all mechs. Overall, I suspect they would sell a lot more of them.

#48 Nightmare1

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 7,636 posts
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationPeeking over your shoulder while eating your cookies.

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:55 AM

View Postxeromynd, on 09 September 2014 - 06:51 AM, said:

You're welcome! :)

Btw, if you're a big Hunchback pilot, I would recommend getting the Phranken. It looks awesome on that chassis! :D

#49 Wrathful-Khan

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 198 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:04 AM

Yeah this one got me when I first started playing too. I unlocked the 750 mc Woodland for my Jagermechs thinking that the one-shot was for one match only. It was only upon a chance encounter with a clarifying thread on the forums one day that i discovered the truth. Since then I've exclusively one-shotted.

#50 shintakie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 886 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 07:29 AM

View PostNightmare1, on 09 September 2014 - 06:49 AM, said:

Correction, the only time its worth it to buy the unlock is if you plan to switch camos often.

That is the only time the price is justified.

Well, I guess it could be justified if you plan to buy 10 different variants of a mech chassis, though I don't think any mechs have 10 different variants...

Edit for clarity-

Unlocks for camo are 10 times the price of a 1 shot.

Edited by shintakie, 09 September 2014 - 07:30 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users