Is It The End For Mechwarrior: Online, Or Finally A Much Needed Fresh Start?

543 replies to this topic

#481 anonymous161

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:01 PM

View PostBLOOD WOLF, on 10 September 2014 - 09:42 AM, said:

bro, you just insulted the players not the developers. when you make comments like that you are speaking to everyone who might think the game is a good idea and those who have already invested in it. choose your words carefully.

This game has longs since been out of beta, it is almost complete in the sense of CW and while carry on long after.

In a way yes I am calling people like me who spent 240 bucks on shiny mechs...stupid. I was a fool to believe this game would have turned out any way at all how they initially advertised it. It's just a giant money grabbing machine with nothing of value to offer.

I'm sorry for being negative but nerfing the clans when the majority said they were fine was my last straw, people were rightfully angry at the changes and it has caused a number of people to leave like I did even if we still post once in a while because well I spent a lot of money and played for quite a long time and was just too disheartened to give them anymore chances.

I'll leave now thanks and have a nice day.

#482 anonymous161

• FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • FP Veteran - Beta 2
  • 1,267 posts
  • LocationIowa

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 September 2014 - 04:52 PM, said:

"the likes of me".

Yup, stay classy. Reminds me why I generally ignore you. Yet oddly you follow my topics like a puppy.

You're in every topic so of course you are going to meet a lot of the same people, but you way out post everyone else here. Get a life bro. Thats the hard truth you shouldn't be white knighting all day long or even bashing this devs terrible game all day long.

#483 Ultimax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 6,979 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:07 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 11 September 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

In a way yes I am calling people like me who spent 240 bucks on shiny mechs...stupid.

In the 12 weeks since I received my clan pack, I've played my clan mechs almost all of the time (barring challenges, and just wanting to play a few special IS mechs).

If we figure 12 weeks, and we say 20 to 30 hours a week gaming (let's call it 25) that's (12x25) 300 hours of playing with clan mechs.

240 / 300 = $0.80 cents per hour of entertainment.

And getting cheaper by the day.

#484 The Mittani

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 141 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:09 PM

Just testing to see if I can still post for posting well-researched facts on my own website re: PGI, since they've announced that they'll ban you here for that.

Don't mind me.

#485 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts
  • Locationclimbing Mt Tryhard, one smoldering Meta-Mech corpse at a time

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:31 PM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 11 September 2014 - 09:07 PM, said:

You're in every topic so of course you are going to meet a lot of the same people, but you way out post everyone else here. Get a life bro. Thats the hard truth you shouldn't be white knighting all day long or even bashing this devs terrible game all day long.

lol, willing to bet even being on here as much as I am , I am enjoying more of a life that you, judging by the vitriol of your posts.

#486 Xtrekker

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 865 posts
  • LocationOn your six

Posted 11 September 2014 - 09:55 PM

View PostDark DeLaurel, on 11 September 2014 - 07:05 PM, said:

I just want to say a big thanks to Matthew Craig for trying to help us with these performance issues. I wish we could convey to the folks higher than him that optimization really needs to be made a priority.

QFT. His concern seems genuine and I was surprised at the open offer of assistance.

In other news...

So, Bishop. You had me on board with the whole let's be civil and get along thing. But when I check in, it appears to me that most people arguing are arguing with you. I think maybe you don't realize that your aggressively dismissive tone is part of what is causing this. When you thumb your nose at people and act like they aren't worthy of attention (yet you give it anyway), they're going to defend their opinion. Most people here are customers and everyone has a right to be heard without being summarily crapped on by what appears to be the self proclaimed king of the forums.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 September 2014 - 04:18 PM, said:

lol...yeah, um, do you really think this post deserves a reply? I hope not. Cause this is as much as it will get.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 September 2014 - 04:12 PM, said:

and so like most customers, you make demands with no actual knowledge. Duly noted.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 September 2014 - 03:56 PM, said:

ah, so actually you have no clue what they need, what resource they have to accomplish it, or what hurdles were involved?

Exactly.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 11 September 2014 - 03:19 PM, said:

care to post your programming credentials? Or your IT Management resume? I see Matthew Craig posting in depths, detailed answers to what they have been doing are doing and are having to do in the future. From you I see...empty complaints?

No one here owes you anything. They don't answer to you for the validity of their opinion. Yet you seem happy to fling fuel all about and do exactly what you were campaigning against.

Seriously, I don't have a problem with you or your opinions, but you are not acting in the best interest of maintaining the civility you preach. There were a few others that lived on the forums that acted the way you are, and thankfully they are gone now. I know I'm probably being a little rough too, and for that I apologize, but I don't find your posts constructive at all despite the olive branch you're waving.

#487 BladeXXL

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,099 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 12 September 2014 - 12:32 AM

...so if we are talking about HUD...
WE NEED AN TRANSPARENCY OPTION FOR THE MINI-MAP AND THE "KILL-COUTER-BAR" ON THE TOP !!!!!!!!!
It's nearly impossible to shot down from a top position since the minimap is always in the way and you can't see that you are aiming at.... PLEASE ... that can't take that much time! This would be more essential then that "disable ALL chat" thing ^^

#488 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:36 AM

View PostXtrekker, on 11 September 2014 - 09:55 PM, said:

QFT. His concern seems genuine and I was surprised at the open offer of assistance.

In other news...

So, Bishop. You had me on board with the whole let's be civil and get along thing. But when I check in, it appears to me that most people arguing are arguing with you. I think maybe you don't realize that your aggressively dismissive tone is part of what is causing this. When you thumb your nose at people and act like they aren't worthy of attention (yet you give it anyway), they're going to defend their opinion. Most people here are customers and everyone has a right to be heard without being summarily crapped on by what appears to be the self proclaimed king of the forums.

No one here owes you anything. They don't answer to you for the validity of their opinion. Yet you seem happy to fling fuel all about and do exactly what you were campaigning against.

Seriously, I don't have a problem with you or your opinions, but you are not acting in the best interest of maintaining the civility you preach. There were a few others that lived on the forums that acted the way you are, and thankfully they are gone now. I know I'm probably being a little rough too, and for that I apologize, but I don't find your posts constructive at all despite the olive branch you're waving.

really? So when someone repeatedly calls out the Devs as not doing their job, being incompetent and such, and I ask them to provide some credentials to back that claim, that is fueling the fire?

Interesting. You see, I view as something else. Smoking out bullcrap. Opinions are fine. You gonna try to incite problems with sweeping accusations though? Bring proof. Bring facts. Or you are just another troll trying to incite unrest here.

Maybe you are correct. Maybe not. You are as entitled as anyone to decide for yourself.

Just my 2cts.

Edited by Bishop Steiner, 12 September 2014 - 04:38 AM.

#489 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:41 AM

View PostBladeXXL, on 12 September 2014 - 12:32 AM, said:

...so if we are talking about HUD...
WE NEED AN TRANSPARENCY OPTION FOR THE MINI-MAP AND THE "KILL-COUTER-BAR" ON THE TOP !!!!!!!!!
It's nearly impossible to shot down from a top position since the minimap is always in the way and you can't see that you are aiming at.... PLEASE ... that can't take that much time! This would be more essential then that "disable ALL chat" thing ^^

well..technically, wrong post, despite Ghogiel's trip down memory lane, but yes, I do agree with you. It's rather annoying to have targets in the range of motion of my guns, but not to be able to see the little buggers, actually.

#490 Lysander Voidrunner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 505 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:49 AM

View PostThe Mittani, on 11 September 2014 - 09:09 PM, said:

Just testing to see if I can still post for posting well-researched facts on my own website re: PGI, since they've announced that they'll ban you here for that.

Don't mind me.

Somehow implying that you're unbiased and that you report with integrity and with out misleading people that are not knowledgeable enough in this regard is in an of itself yet an other lie. If by chance you actually believe that the biases opinions that you propagate are somehow trithful, then there is a bridge I'd like to sell you.

To here is a fine line in presenting one's opinions and presenting them as facts. Sure there is a lot of witty banter and it's intelligently written but it still remains lies...spun around and supported by truths to pass them off as facts. No better than what you accuse PGI of doing, it regardless of weather it's true or not. For posterity's sake I read a lot of your MWO related articles and that is wwhat I base my opinions on, not the EVE aspect of your online persona as this is not the place for it.

#491 Verdic Mckenna

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 454 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Twitter: Link
  • LocationEastern PA - USA

Posted 12 September 2014 - 04:57 AM

Unfortunately i'm starting to agree with X. The original post was really healthy - but you seem to think you act on some sort of authority you in actuality do not have. We have every right to criticize, complain, give feedback about, or otherwise express our opinions. Here or otherwise. And if you don't want people coming after yours, then you should allow people to have theirs without permeating with the tone of someone who knows better than everyone else. That isn't credibility. It's feeling as though you have a higher station than those around you. And i'll gladly PM you my LinkedIn profile if that's really how you intend to judge what say people should have.

Let's try to stick to the original intention of the post. You wanted opinions - take them with a grain of salt.

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 September 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

really? So when someone repeatedly calls out the Devs as not doing their job, being incompetent and such, and I ask them to provide some credentials to back that claim, that is fueling the fire?

Interesting. You see, I view as something else. Smoking out bullcrap. Opinions are fine. You gonna try to incite problems with sweeping accusations though? Bring proof. Bring facts. Or you are just another troll trying to incite unrest here.

Maybe you are correct. Maybe not. You are as entitled as anyone to decide for yourself.

Just my 2cts.

#492 Karl Marlow

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,277 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:04 AM

#493 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:08 AM

View PostVerdic Mckenna, on 12 September 2014 - 04:57 AM, said:

Unfortunately i'm starting to agree with X. The original post was really healthy - but you seem to think you act on some sort of authority you in actuality do not have. We have every right to criticize, complain, give feedback about, or otherwise express our opinions. Here or otherwise. And if you don't want people coming after yours, then you should allow people to have theirs without permeating with the tone of someone who knows better than everyone else. That isn't credibility. It's feeling as though you have a higher station than those around you. And i'll gladly PM you my LinkedIn profile if that's really how you intend to judge what say people should have.

Let's try to stick to the original intention of the post. You wanted opinions - take them with a grain of salt.

You are indeed free to do so.

There are certain individuals though, whom I will likely continue to lock horns with. Sorry if that disappoints you. But I feel it important to contest misinformation, as the spread of such is a large part of what has caused much of the issues here in the first place.

You might note that while yes, there are some people who fairly or not (matter of opinion) I treat rather harshly, there are others on here who have disparate and diametrically opposed views I acknowledge, even though I don't agree with. Because the posts themselves are thought out, and not thrown as a blatant attack on the Devs or Players. The posts I am dismissive of, are ones with significantly different tone themselves, accusatory and combative, combined with a lack of actual fact.

Also, keep in mind, that the disdain between myself and Ghogiel, for instance, far predate this post, and so the likelihood of civility is slim, though even with my distaste for the individual when I do feel he makes a valid point, I do acknowledge that.

*Shrugs*

Perhaps it is wrong for me to treat them in kind. Perhaps not. Perhaps I am getting weary enough of the misinformation, the ignorant or unfounded accusations, twisted "facts" and half truths, that it is indeed causing me to be too harsh in return. Sometimes, it's hard not to feed the trolls.

If nothing else, it's food for thought. Thank you for your input and perspective.

View PostThomasMarik, on 12 September 2014 - 05:04 AM, said:

When Thomas Marik posts about the "end of the world" ..there is something..sinister to it...

#494 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:17 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 September 2014 - 05:08 AM, said:

When Thomas Marik posts about the "end of the world" ..there is something..sinister to it...

/Tinfoil hat.

/twitch.

#495 Bishop Steiner

ForumWarrior

• The Hammer
  • The Hammer
  • 47,187 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:24 AM

View PostJack Gallows, on 12 September 2014 - 05:17 AM, said:

/Tinfoil hat.

/twitch.

Jihads man...... they force us to have MW:DA... that is indeed something to fear and avoid!

#496 Jack Gallows

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,824 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:29 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 September 2014 - 05:24 AM, said:

Jihads man...... they force us to have MW:DA... that is indeed something to fear and avoid!

That's my name for this game.

And we come full circle. Lol sorry Bishop

#497 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:31 AM

After all the deleted threads last night it is the end of MW:O...they still haven't fixed the Memory Allocation Bug going all the way from CB, apart from all other needed fixes..so yes, the end is nigh

#498 buttmonkey

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 666 posts
  • LocationNorway

Posted 12 September 2014 - 05:51 AM

View PostBishop Steiner, on 12 September 2014 - 04:36 AM, said:

Just my 2cts.

I agree with xtrekker.

And bishop, making a topic with facts in it gets your thread closed down, and can get you banned Iv'e seen it before and Ive been in this community from the start, so I know PGI don't keep their word. And their recent fiasco with transverse proves that almost nobody is willing to trust PGI at their word. hence they had to gurantee peoples money back if the goal is not reached, in order to intice people to back. But nobody did because the TOS states they don't have to.

The reddit fiasco also proves how underhanded the employees are, by trying to hijack a 3rd party website for free.advertisement.

http://www.pcgamer.c...tical-mech-sim/

Special attention to this quote

"[color=#000000]We have a whole editor and mercenary HQ for players to explore that allows them to customize the look and feel of their corporation, their membership, the structure of how they enter battle, the lances, their names, ranks, and all kinds of things."[/color][color=#000000]Said in 2011 like they already had it implemented. Also the quote "[/color][color=#000000]It's fully first-person" is telling. This is just from the announcement page.[/color]

[color=#000000]There's a whole list of crap like this, I'm asking a friend of mine to find it right now as 'i don't remember where it is. But I[/color][color=#000000] suspect you have seen this already. Hardly "half truths" or "twisted facts" as you claim. They are direct quotes from the guys in charge. Also one need look no further than Jarhead games and rabbit hole interactive to know that These guys truly are incompetent. In fact Nintendo sued because of their incompetence.[/color]

In my opinion they have not changed one little bit. You are essentially playing the same game from closed beta (minus some features like collision knockdown) on the same promise of CW in 90 days.

So in reply to the OP, this is not a new start, it's the beginning of the end.

Also as i know you absolutely HAVE to have the last word. I will leave this as my last post, until I find that I was referring to.

Edited by buttmonkey, 12 September 2014 - 05:57 AM.

#499 That Dawg

• FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 1,876 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:07 AM

This was last week.

Posted Image

And now?

Posted Image

But...what if they do?

I want my Kitfox to have a tail of some sort?

I ran the repair tool and noticed a PAK file called "industrial"...is that the map? Its in the game already waiting unlock??

do tell!!

#500 oldradagast

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,833 posts

Posted 12 September 2014 - 06:08 AM

View PostDarth Bane001, on 11 September 2014 - 09:01 PM, said:

I'm sorry for being negative but nerfing the clans when the majority said they were fine was my last straw, people were rightfully angry at the changes and it has caused a number of people to leave like I did even if we still post once in a while because well I spent a lot of money and played for quite a long time and was just too disheartened to give them anymore chances.

I'll leave now thanks and have a nice day.

I have to call bunk on this. The Clans were not "fine." In IS vs. Clan testing, the Clan teams won 90% of the games. A Clan mech of any tonnage has equal armor and about 50% more firepower than the IS equivalent, effectively for free. And, all of them aside from Clan Lights are usually faster than their IS equivalent as well... and Clan Lights, while slower, pack Medium level firepower.

I'm not saying the usual heavy-handed and often random nerfs were the solution - they've still done nothing to address the real time to kill problems - and arguments can be made about the ethics of selling pay-to-win mechs and then nerfing them once they are available for the free-to-play players, but Clan mechs were NOT "fine" as is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users