On Piranha Games (Pgi) & Édition Jeux Infinis (Igp) - Feedback

370 replies to this topic

#81 MagnusEffect

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 404 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

I've been one of the "very grumpy", less vocal customers for the past couple of years. Currently, with so little to do, I just can't justify spending any premium time. This departure of IGP and what it could mean, however, is EXCELLENT news! I look forward to a more efficient development cycle and (hopefully) a more robust lobby system with a wider selection of game modes and settings to play with.

(also some kind of co-op maybe? pleeeeaaase?)

PS - I know you guys still need to make money but please, please, please with sugar on top don't go crazy with a pay wall. I'm already not that happy with the current private lobby limitations, but that is mostly mitigated by being in an organized group (which still benefits you guys because that draws more people to play MWO). Remember the whole conversation about more carrot, less stick? Do that. It works for Warframe. It can work for you guys too.

Edited by MagnusEffect, 08 September 2014 - 02:26 PM.

#82 Heffay

Rum Runner

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:53 PM

View PostxZaOx, on 08 September 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

What does this do to MW Tactics? Will you continue to sell Founders packages, while zero developement is being done on the game for months? Or is the game dead?

MW Tactics is still under IGP. They didn't buy the publishing rights to that game. PGI has nothing to do with MWT.

#83 Darth Futuza

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,239 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:55 PM

View Postheadclot, on 08 September 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

http://www.youtube.c...NSFobG90OE#t=82

#84 Treysef

• PipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 55 posts

What does this do to MW Tactics? Will you continue to sell Founders packages, while zero developement is being done on the game for months? Or is the game dead?

You're gonna have to ask IGP and Blue Lizard about that one, PGI isn't involved with MW:T.

#85 chewie

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 875 posts
  • LocationPortsmouth, UK, Addicks, FedSuns

So, what does it really mean as far as game development is concerned.... Diddly squat.

Or will there 've a completely different team running the new space dim, with no loss to mwo staff levels or using us to fund it?

Sorry, but this news doesn't actually mean much to everyday people.

Sorry if I'm being pessimistic, but what should I be after all this time.

#86 Foxfire kadrpg

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Territorial
  • The Territorial
  • 291 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:56 PM

Was the UI designer part of IGP? (don't answer this)

Good luck, I hope this streamlines things.

#87 orcrist86

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 1,151 posts
  • LocationNew Avalon Institute of Science

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

View Postchewie, on 08 September 2014 - 01:55 PM, said:

So, what does it really mean as far as game development is concerned.... Diddly squat.

Or will there 've a completely different team running the new space dim, with no loss to mwo staff levels or using us to fund it?

Sorry, but this news doesn't actually mean much to everyday people.

Sorry if I'm being pessimistic, but what should I be after all this time.

Take 500 level accounting or finance course and you will realize how major this is. It actually means a great deal to the average everyday person, as they will see the most immediate benefit.

#88 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

View Poststjobe, on 08 September 2014 - 01:16 PM, said:

Oh, so that's where the Clan money went - to buy out IGP.

All right, hopefully that means you can focus on MWO 100% now, right?

I hope to discuss this more at the town hall but no none of the Clan money went towards buying out IGP. That money was spent in development of the product. I can't comment on the exact nature of our deal but let's just say it is not a drain on Piranha's resources. Were happy with the deal and happy to have all of MWO inside our office.

#89 WintermuteOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

Wow, so many founders commenting this thread.
Yeah, it gives us "old folks" something to be happy about i think.

#90 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:59 PM

This could be a good thing, but with the attention spread between MWO and that other game is going to be a bad thing. So.... status quo?

#91 Russ Bullock

President

• Developer
  • Developer
  • 909 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:01 PM

View Postrusticatedcharm, on 08 September 2014 - 01:19 PM, said:

Why were members of competitive teams such as HOL and SJR informed of the IGP buyout almost a month before the general public? (This has been confirmed on two twitch streams.) In order to increase transparency the streams in question were Celyth's and Odwalla/Sebinitu's. I've known about this buyout for about three weeks thanks to overhearing it on HoL teamspeak during a stream in which specific PGI employees were referenced as supplying the information. I've kept quiet for 3 weeks because I thought it was a good call. I had faith in PGI. I was excited to see new hirings posted on PGI's job board as I thought they would increase the pace of development on MWO. And then I hear about this new game and my hopes are trashed. Does PGI have a policy concerning the interaction of staff members between certain groups of players so as to avoid possible conflicts of interest or competitive advantages that might arise during CW? (If any of you are familiar with EVE, the t20 incident seems something that might happen here.) If so, what is PGI's policy in terms of favoritism shown by privileged users (employees, community figures, premier competitive players) towards outside organizations such as teams, in game clans or groups of users?

I did hear that some competitive groups seem to have gotten the information early. All I can say is our entire staff was under secrecy to not tell anyone and as far as I can tell they kept the secret completely. Remember IGP staff during the transition knew this information as well and I dont know who would have leaked information. From our perspective we have no favoritism and our staff were instructed to not tell anyone.

#92 Malleus011

• Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 1,854 posts

Good.

#93 kesmai

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Spear
  • The Spear
  • 2,429 posts
  • LocationPirate's Bay

I do not expect too much.
Just try to keep up the work you did the last 3 months.
Hopefully you are able to roll out the next step of CW around Christmas.

You are used to the black and white knights on the forum now, a next step could be moving to steam. (starter pack etc. :D )

Edited by kesmai, 08 September 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#94 Icould

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 87 posts

View PostRuss Bullock, on 08 September 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

I hope to discuss this more at the town hall but no none of the Clan money went towards buying out IGP. That money was spent in development of the product. I can't comment on the exact nature of our deal but let's just say it is not a drain on Piranha's resources. Were happy with the deal and happy to have all of MWO inside our office.

How does this impact the December State of the Innersphere plan? Will you be issuing a revision now that is all PGI, or does "the plan" stay as is even though you had to get IGP approval on it?

#95 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

Unless this deal also resulted in PGI buying the rights to MWT (which it doesn't mention they did), you'll need to ask IGP that question. PGI isn't MWT's developer.

#96 stjobe

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 9,498 posts
  • LocationOn your six, chipping away at your rear armour.

"Not a drain on Piranha's resources"?

So someone else paid and gave it to you? Or IGP just up and gave back the publishing rights? Or did they actually go under and the rights defaulted back to you?

Come on, spill the beans.

Edited by stjobe, 08 September 2014 - 02:04 PM.

#97 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

I only have two questions...

1. How has IGP's involvement affected development before?

2. How will their absence affect it now?

All that matters, really. Details, man!

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 08 September 2014 - 02:03 PM.

#98 headclot

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 08 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

View Postorcrist86, on 08 September 2014 - 01:58 PM, said:

Take 500 level accounting or finance course and you will realize how major this is. It actually means a great deal to the average everyday person, as they will see the most immediate benefit.

Care to elaborate for the rest of us?

#99 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

View PostIcould, on 08 September 2014 - 01:51 PM, said:

Yes, actually. I do expect then to fix everything now. I completed my 50 win challenge, and probably had to play 200 matches to complete that. I then platted a few matches with my old guild and we got steamrolled in ten straight matches against pay-to-win clan mechs. That doesn't gave IGP written on it. This occurred in August, so PGI is the one that needs to fix it. When do you think they should fix it? After they send resources you paid for for MWO with your clan purchases, to use then for AUTE? It's ridiculous.

They cannot fix your piloting skill, nor the skills of your unit. Try to keep the blame where it is deserved.

If it had been used to fix whatever was wrong with the IGP side of the equation, I say it would have been money well spent! Regardless, this is just amazing news and cannot wait for the town hall tonight...

#100 FactorlanP

• 1,574 posts
  • LocationMy Wallet is closed until I see real progress.

I haven't played in months, mostly because I have been too busy with other things here on "The Island"...

This isn't enough to get me back yet, definitely not enough to pry a single nickel out of my fingers... But, i'll be watching to see if any of the garbage decisions get reversed...

Yes, UI2.0, I'm looking at you... Among other things.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users