#61 MoonUnitBeta

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 4,560 posts
  • LocationCanada ᕙ(⇀‸↼‶)ᕗ

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:41 PM

View PostIcould, on 08 September 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

They fixed nothing. And where are the loyalty points and what us the excuse for the horrendous UI 2.0? That's what I thought...

So you expect them to make up for a year's worth of a delay in less than a month, and fix everything that is bad, like, now?
They're working more effeciently, they suddently haven't turned into power rangers with time flux capacitors.

I have a feeling that loyalty points are getting put in with the next installment of CW. You are allowed to think about things before you get your panties in prestel knot.

#62 headclot

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUtah

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:42 PM

Hey PGI -

What does this mean for the future of PGI?

Are you guys still owned by IGP?

Just curious :)

#63 FerretGR

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 1,445 posts

I think this is fabulous news. I have no idea how the inner discussions went, but from the outside, too much was being done to squeeze every drop of profit out of this property, and too little to add a quality gaming experience, and I can only chalk that up to IGP and their focus on profit. I'm optimistic that PGI is in the business of providing a quality gaming experience and that from here on in we'll see something that resembles the bright future we saw back in closed beta. Time to win a bunch of players back, guys, get it right this time!

#64 BLOOD WOLF

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Jaws
  • The Jaws
  • 6,368 posts
  • Locationnowhere

View Postheadclot, on 08 September 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Hey PGI -

I dont think they were ever owned by IGP

#65 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:43 PM

View Postaniviron, on 08 September 2014 - 01:40 PM, said:

Does this mean that things which were alleged to be the result of publisher pressure (3pv, consumables) are going to get revisited?

To be honest I've grown kind of fond of 3pv, as I feel it introduced new strategy options into the game. (Eg: trolling people to make them think you were a newie before suddenly BAM)

#66 Kageru Ikazuchi

• The Determined
  • The Determined
  • 1,190 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

I'm cautiously optimistic ... but that's generally been my stance from the beginning.

Now that everything is "under one roof" all the credit and blame comes with it.

I wish PGI all the best of luck as they continue to move out, this time on their own.

#67 Ironhawk

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 1,333 posts
  • LocationMontreal

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:45 PM

Way to go, PGI! Nothing like taking your destiny in your own hands. You have a great crew and I am looking forward to upcoming content and improvements!

#68 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:46 PM

View Postheadclot, on 08 September 2014 - 01:42 PM, said:

Hey PGI -

They were never owned by IGP. IGP was the publisher. PGI was just the developer studio they used to make MWO.

Now PGI holds all the cards, except the IP.

#69 Appogee

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 10,966 posts
  • LocationOn planet Tukayyid, celebrating victory

If you've been operating under this new liberating model for a month, why did you take the decision recently not to proceed with 10v12, because it would require "work" ... changing intro and end match scenes, changing tie break rules, changing the match maker ... you know, things that software development companies are actually supposed to do...?

#70 Jakob Knight

• Giant Helper
  • Giant Helper
  • 1,286 posts

We don't need more effective marketing. We need more effective delivery on the promises made. Do that, and your marketing will follow.

As to your tourneys, all I can say is that I didn't come to MechWarrior to play tourneys. I came to fight in a war. So far, I don't see the Community Warfare that was promised and was claimed to be the top priority of the team quite a long time ago. Until I do, until PGI makes good on what it promised in over three years of being here, in full measure, I have to consider this as nothing more than changing the license plate on the same car with the same drivers.

#71 WintermuteOmega

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 139 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

I don't get this.. sure, IGP has some financial problems, but this can't have been cheap. In the same breath, PGI announces AUTE.

I am really curious, if IGP was really that much of a ball and chain to PGI, but for an outsider this is always hard to judge.

But yeah, the last month has seen some nice improvements, like the weekly challenges, and the heavy use of test-servers and feed back. Also the Migration of servers (and the following server problems) shine in new light.

Well, time will tell

#72 Heffay

Rum Runner

• The Referee
  • The Referee
  • 6,458 posts
  • LocationPHX

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

View PostAppogee, on 08 September 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

If you've been operating under this new liberating model for a month, why did you take the decision recently not to proceed with 10v12, because it would require "work" ... changing intro and end match scenes, changing tie break rules, changing the match maker ... you know, things that software development companies are actually supposed to do...?

Because 10v12 is a horrible idea, for all the reasons that they listed when they said it was a horrible idea.

#73 Jacon Ceronia

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • Knight Errant
  • 240 posts
  • LocationUTAH

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

What a roller-coaster ride this last 4 days has been... o.O

#74 Jacob Side

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 390 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

WOW! This is HUGE!!!!!! holy cow manure

#75 Madcap72

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 752 posts
  • LocationSeattle

View PostIcould, on 08 September 2014 - 01:35 PM, said:

They fixed nothing. And where are the loyalty points and what us the excuse for the horrendous UI 2.0? That's what I thought...

I knolw you're pretty new to the game, but they've fixed a lot.

#76 Mal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Overlord
  • Overlord
  • 995 posts

Good news!! Congrats!

#77 headclot

• PipPipPip
  • 52 posts
  • LocationUtah

View PostAppogee, on 08 September 2014 - 01:46 PM, said:

#78 xZaOx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 625 posts
  • LocationCanada

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

What does this do to MW Tactics? Will you continue to sell Founders packages, while zero developement is being done on the game for months? Or is the game dead?

Edited by xZaOx, 08 September 2014 - 01:51 PM.

#79 Icould

• PipPipPip
  • Liquid Metal
  • 87 posts

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:51 PM

View PostMoonUnitBeta, on 08 September 2014 - 01:41 PM, said:

So you expect them to make up for a year's worth of a delay in less than a month, and fix everything that is bad, like, now?
They're working more effeciently, they suddently haven't turned into power rangers with time flux capacitors.

I have a feeling that loyalty points are getting put in with the next installment of CW. You are allowed to think about things before you get your panties in prestel knot.

Yes, actually. I do expect then to fix everything now. I completed my 50 win challenge, and probably had to play 200 matches to complete that. I then platted a few matches with my old guild and we got steamrolled in ten straight matches against pay-to-win clan mechs. That doesn't gave IGP written on it. This occurred in August, so PGI is the one that needs to fix it. When do you think they should fix it? After they send resources you paid for for MWO with your clan purchases, to use then for AUTE? It's ridiculous.

#80 Lagfest

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 362 posts
  • LocationIn a Mech

Posted 08 September 2014 - 01:52 PM

Going to take this post in a vacuum to not bring past shenanigans into it.

OT: This sounds like a good thing, now you guys can actually start cranking out content that's not held behind paywalls? More maps and game modes come to mind.

That said If you all do continue to stay the course, things are only going to get tougher on you...

As in; no more excuses of marketing holding you back.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users