#82 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:39 AM

View PostKraven Kor, on 09 September 2014 - 10:28 AM, said:

I've funded some $400 or so into this game.

Though I think your post is a bit more... hyperbolic than needs be. There are even good things about this game. It just isn't the game we funded. So I warn anyone funding the new game to be wary of promises that will never be fulfilled.

I feel for you really and everyone else from the original Founder...we backed them, we gave them the numbers so that they can show it off to other investors....and they gave us 0 (zero)

View PostPh30nix, on 09 September 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

well only current question currently is

What is the phrase?

http://auniversetoexplore.com/

The phrase is: i am human

#83 Ph30nix

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,444 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:40 AM

View PostBala Gi, on 09 September 2014 - 10:37 AM, said:

Its kinda OT but the phrase is I AM HUMAN

lol i get it

i notice that they mention the sale of the packs going back to MWO but they dont mention where the gold mechs cash went :P

Edited by Ph30nix, 09 September 2014 - 10:43 AM.

#84 SmithMPBT

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 793 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 10:54 AM

The MWO crowdfunding worked because of the IP, we love Battletech. We didn't get anything near what was promised. A second bamboozle based on an unknown universe backed by PGI's poor development skills and nonexistent work ethic is so laughable. I hope anyone thinking about donating to their next debacle will think twice and spend their hard earned money elsewhere.

#85 vipershark0

• PipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 37 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:05 AM

4 minute into over time for that site for whatever you are doing.

Edit: Ah I see server thing

Edited by vipershark0, 09 September 2014 - 11:07 AM.

#86 CGB Behemoth

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 418 posts
  • LocationRussian Federation

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:06 AM

Countdown on this project site started to grow up. WHY?

#87 RedDragon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:07 AM

View PostBehemothk, on 09 September 2014 - 11:06 AM, said:

Countdown on this project site started to grow up. WHY?

Well, PGI and deadlines, y'know?

#88 HooDoo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 129 posts
  • LocationTX, USA

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:19 AM

It got to T+15 and on refresh it is now counting down again... lol now at 42 minutes.

#89 JeremyCrow

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 107 posts
  • LocationLisbon

Posted 09 September 2014 - 11:24 AM

View PostMischiefSC, on 08 September 2014 - 08:30 PM, said:

Look, one of the biggest guns to the head of MW:O and player dissatisfaction is existing lore and nearly 50 years of boardgame, RPG and a slew of good and bad computer game mechanics. A new IP is the best possible idea to go with in this situation; it's tabula rasa.

I'm satisfied with the answers. If CW comes and I see good things for MW:O coming from the spit with IGP then if it seems like my sort of game I'd put money into the new project. Hell, I'll put more money into MW:O.

That's more than promises or timelines or setting expectations of what might come though. I'm hopeful and happy for all the news that's comes out these last few days but I don't feel it's unfair to say we, as consumers, have extended a lot of financial and emotional credit to PGI based on prior promises that didn't get kept. The last several months have been a running start in the right direction so I'm willing to be hopeful and give both MW:O and the new project my full attention and in turn continue to put past issues behind me but before I go all in on anything I need to see CW on my screen, I need maps and long promised content for MW:O. I need a new game with functioning tech demos and some well defined 'we will deliver X by Y or else Z' sort of contingencies on any sort of founders program for the new game. Nothing wacky or unreasonable but we're still a bit away from trading $ for promises again.

Moving that way though. Absolutely moving that way. You've got my attention and it seems a lot of others. Please take advantage of that opportunity. We want an excuse to believe in you and trust you with our money to give us the content we want. There's always going to be people eager to burn bridges just to stay warm but the rest of us still play MW:O for a reason.

So... you've got my attention and I like what I'm seeing so far. Show me pretty things.

Actually, I'm pretty sure that if it was not for the Battletech brand, 90% of the founders would not have spent a dime funding this. And guess what? We didn't want a World of Tanks rip-off... we wanted a Battletech/Mechwarrior MMO.
All I can hope for is a quick death for this game and let someone who loves the IP pick it up and try again.

#90 DocBach

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4,828 posts
  • LocationSouthern Oregon

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:10 PM

It says 10 + days now.

#91 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:36 PM

Given that PGI's history of MW:O is, shall we say, considerably less than ethical, professional or trustworthy. This announcement has me very, very, very, concerned.

Seems to me that the people on this thread that are saying they are excited for this next 'project' have extremely short memories.

MW:O isn't even CLOSE to being the product the Founders were persuaded to part with their cash for (In fact, was PGI not recently taken to court and lost based on this very premise of lies and deceit). Not by ANY stretch of the imagination. We've had the same maps (with variations of 2) for, what, two years? Only Three game modes, two of which end up exactly the same 99.9% of the time (Assault/Skirmish). Content is classed as 'Mechs because its the only thing that can be monetised, but PGI continue to forget that player retention is based on engaging and VARIED content, not shiny Hero 'Mechs which are generally not worth the money (and greedily over priced, notice i mentioned ethical at the very beginning).

CW is the final thing? Niko, is Bryan/Russ SERIOUSLY going to end on that? (Actually hold that thought, this IS Russ we're talking about)

I'm going to call it, right now, MW:O will NOT reach the 6 year license (funny that it is suddenly six years, didn't Russ very haughtily and proudly announce he had secured rights for the next eight not too long ago? I call lies AGAIN) it will be over in the next two years, maximum.

Edited by GlycerineOxide, 09 September 2014 - 12:48 PM.

#92 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:40 PM

Man it will be over before Christmas....

#93 Flagrant

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • 192 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 12:45 PM

Strange responses. I hope P2 is as good as this game. Only spent around $100 but played daily for two years. Best money spent.

#94 DrSlamastika

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 702 posts
  • LocationSlovakia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:12 PM

WTH is P2???

Hmmmm maybe PGI dont get license from Microsoft for next year :)

Edited by DrSlamastika, 09 September 2014 - 01:22 PM.

#95 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:27 PM

View PostDrSlamastika, on 09 September 2014 - 01:12 PM, said:

WTH is P2???

Hmmmm maybe PGI dont get license from Microsoft for next year :)

"Project 2", which is a placeholder for the real name, which is getting announced today.

#96 Waffles 2pt0

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 193 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

Please put in some SSL encryption for the pledging

#97 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:09 PM

View PostPh30nix, on 09 September 2014 - 10:32 AM, said:

well only current question currently is

What is the phrase?

http://auniversetoexplore.com/

CROWD FUNDING ALERT!!

Honestly, PGI, think we are going to be fooled a second time?????????????

EDIT: And by the graphics displayed this is a clear rip of Eve Online.....

Edited by GlycerineOxide, 09 September 2014 - 02:16 PM.

#98 TinFoilHat

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 261 posts
  • LocationUK

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

Can stop calling it P2 now...the name is Transverse

http://www.pcgamer.c...ven-sci-fi-mmo/

#99 Vandril

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • General
  • General
  • 104 posts
  • LocationOuterspace

Posted 09 September 2014 - 03:47 PM

So wait... economies of scale from sharing resources.... One built on Cry Engine and the other on UE4?? hmmmm.....

Unfortunately, PGI's track record leaves me very skeptical, and I will definitely NOT crowdfund a project of theirs again. Sorry, missed deadline after missed deadline, the obvious money grabs... over priced content. I'm good......

The one shiny piece that keeps me the smallest bit interested is that IGP is no longer involved...

#100 Atlai

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 3,439 posts
  • Locationfrom the East of the South end of the North

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:00 PM

So what does P2 stand for? i missed that.

2 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 2 guests, 0 anonymous users