A Universe To Explore...and?

112 replies to this topic

#101 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 08:01 AM

View PostBilbo, on 10 September 2014 - 07:59 AM, said:

All of MWO didn't know that All chat was turned off by default. What makes you think they all know about this.

How many people do you think knew about it? even if its just a thousand its still an embarrasment

#102 Bilbo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Nimble
  • The Nimble
  • 7,864 posts
  • LocationSaline, Michigan

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:19 AM

View PostWhite Panther, on 10 September 2014 - 08:01 AM, said:

How many people do you think knew about it? even if its just a thousand its still an embarrasment

No idea. No idea what their expectations are at this point either.

#103 TKSax

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:25 AM

View Postmiliardo, on 10 September 2014 - 07:50 AM, said:

Heavy censorship on their official reddit page...

Well right now Niko and the other admins for r/tranverse are all shadow banned on reddit for self promotion...

#104 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:39 AM

View PostWhite Panther, on 10 September 2014 - 07:41 AM, said:

Not really Joseph...at minumum, pretty much all of mwo knew about it. Of those however many thousands of people only 40 some will support. There is no "to be fair" or any way to defend it, its just peanuts.

There's a difference between knowing about it (There's a game coming out). And Dragon Age 3 pre release. MW:O got my money cause I knew the IP and the story. TitanFall and that other Mecha game did not cause I don't know the story or history. I may eventually play TitanFall. See the difference I am looking at?

#105 Joseph Mallan

ForumWarrior

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 35,216 posts
  • Google+: Link
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationMallanhold, Furillo

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:44 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 September 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

To be fair,

View PostMott, on 10 September 2014 - 07:17 AM, said:

Why start now?
;)

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 September 2014 - 07:19 AM, said:

Old habits. :rolleyes: :lol:

View PostViges, on 10 September 2014 - 07:25 AM, said:

Nope, its a new franchise as you said, can't use battletech fan's nostalgia here. Looks like just greed, easy money run. But with no bait. So dumb.
So if you read the full story, you would see, Old Habits was meant completely differently than you may have been thinking. I stated "to be fair" to which I was asked "Why start now." which I replied "Old habits."

I was not talking about the new franchise I was talking about why I was "being fair".

#106 Mcgral18

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • CS 2019 Top 8 Qualifier
  • 17,987 posts
  • LocationSnow

Posted 10 September 2014 - 09:59 AM

View PostMarack Drock, on 10 September 2014 - 07:15 AM, said:

This game and their new one are going to bomb badly and all because this company is just insane and barely managed at all.

I wouldn't sign up for this game if it gave me the rights to the BT IP. I no longer support PGI until they will deliver what they said they would give us. Those Whiteknigts who signed up I hope are the only ones.

This game has a chance, if they stop derping hard.

We'll see how it goes. I don't expect much from Transverse, but I plan on seeing where they are funding wise next month. I will not be buying into that one.

Edited by Mcgral18, 10 September 2014 - 10:00 AM.

#107 White Panther

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 10:02 AM

View PostJoseph Mallan, on 10 September 2014 - 09:39 AM, said:

There's a difference between knowing about it (There's a game coming out). And Dragon Age 3 pre release. MW:O got my money cause I knew the IP and the story. TitanFall and that other Mecha game did not cause I don't know the story or history. I may eventually play TitanFall. See the difference I am looking at?

Yeah, I see the difference you pointed out. There is no history on Transverse (but there was hype about it). However, there were threads and posts by devs here on the forums to make people aware of it though, as well as other ways like the town hall or people stumbling across the website.

But regardless... 50 backers so far. Im sorry, but peanuts is peanuts. If people actually liked it there would be far more backers, and one way to know is by looking at the number of views on threads in the website forum. There have been thousands of views on some of those threads, so you know that a lot of people have been to the website.

7 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 7 guests, 0 anonymous users