A Universe To Explore...and?

112 replies to this topic

#61 Torgun

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,598 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:28 PM

View PostBront, on 09 September 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

I don't think it's updating, several folks claim to have donated.

I see three misguided souls now

Edited by Torgun, 09 September 2014 - 01:29 PM.

#62 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:32 PM

Head over to their official reddit page: the threads there, I'm laughing my arse of :D

http://www.reddit.co..._stretch_goals/

#63 Heiggwinie Halberstadt

• PipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 89 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:34 PM

I am really disappointed that Transverse is not taking place in the Battletech Universe. They have the license and could have built something truly awesome that would go as a companion to Mechwarrior Online. But they didn't.

I understand they want to make their own IP they can own themselves forever. It is just going to be harder to bring people into a new universe.

#64 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:38 PM

View PostHeiggwinie Halberstadt, on 09 September 2014 - 01:34 PM, said:

I am really disappointed that Transverse is not taking place in the Battletech Universe. They have the license and could have built something truly awesome that would go as a companion to Mechwarrior Online. But they didn't.

I understand they want to make their own IP they can own themselves forever. It is just going to be harder to bring people into a new universe.

And the competition seriously, basically the worst genre to try and gain ground at the moment.

#65 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:44 PM

View Postmiliardo, on 09 September 2014 - 01:32 PM, said:

Head over to their official reddit page: the threads there, I'm laughing my arse of :D

http://www.reddit.co..._stretch_goals/

It's disgusting, actually.

#66 RedDragon

• 1,942 posts
  • LocationKurpfalz, Germany

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:48 PM

I'm not that into modern video games, but the graphics don't really look state of the art, do they?

And lol, 5 backers now (I'd guess at least 2 of those come from Heffay :D ). Anyone remember when MWO was revealed? There must have been thousands of bought packages in the same time.

#67 miliardo

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 185 posts
  • LocationBelgrade

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:49 PM

Lol don't see why..they are getting what they deserve.. A cold hard truth in the face...

And. btw. I think they are ordering all of their employees to pledge for their new game :D

#68 sabujo

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 531 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:50 PM

View PostTorgun, on 09 September 2014 - 01:38 PM, said:

And the competition seriously, basically the worst genre to try and gain ground at the moment.

I though of that. But I think we need to keep the judgement for when something is actually produced with the game engine. It's too premature to even say hey or nay. I am currently very impressed with Elite Dangerous, and while I would like to support PGI (because if Transverse grows, MWO grows as well) I feel that my money will be better placed on Elite. Star Citizen seems cool, but I don't like the value offered for what's already done.

#69 TKSax

• The 1 Percent
  • The 1 Percent
  • 1,057 posts
  • LocationNorth Carolina

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:57 PM

View PostBront, on 09 September 2014 - 01:25 PM, said:

I don't think it's updating, several folks claim to have donated.

working now..

2 hours after announcement
650 PLEDGED IN TOTAL
6 BACKERS SO FAR

$1,000,000 / SPACESHIP - FLIGHT
0% FUNDED
$1,000,000
$650 RAISED SO FAR

#70 Torgun

• 1,598 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 01:58 PM

View Postsabujo, on 09 September 2014 - 01:50 PM, said:

I though of that. But I think we need to keep the judgement for when something is actually produced with the game engine. It's too premature to even say hey or nay. I am currently very impressed with Elite Dangerous, and while I would like to support PGI (because if Transverse grows, MWO grows as well) I feel that my money will be better placed on Elite. Star Citizen seems cool, but I don't like the value offered for what's already done.

I'm sorry but this project is pretty much destined for failure. Compared to the competition the team at PGI will be like a toddler trying to beat a couple of adults in a fight. Not only that, they're really late out the gate too.

#71 Henree

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • FP Veteran - Beta 1
  • 501 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:00 PM

adults? LORD Braben is the primeordeal GOD allfather of space sims.

#72 Kain

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts
  • LocationZenith-Jumppoint, Tukayyid

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:02 PM

Yeah...disappointed that it is not BT related, and also disappointed that it is similar like Elite, and.or Star Citizen,,
oh, i'm also disappointed with the very bad cinematic trailer.

I really hope for PGI that this second project will succeed...but my guess is: DOA

#73 McHoshi

• 1,163 posts
  • Facebook: Link
  • LocationGermany

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:03 PM

hey guys... give ´em a chance... the idea seems interesting. UE4 is also a good choice... i´ll wait and see ;)

#74 BlackBeltJones

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 460 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 02:18 PM

This game should be renamed Kyle Maynard.

#75 Scratx

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Survivor
  • Survivor
  • 3,283 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:15 PM

Has there been any sort of publicity to the game outside these forums at all?

If not, that might explain why there is very little pledging going right now.

I'm debating, myself.

... And yes, I find all the trolling and negativism on that game's forums and related reddit/etc to be utterly disgusting. Especially in light of PGI's independence and recent track record in actually clawing back from development hellpit they were stuck in.

If you don't want to pledge, that's fine. Nobody's holding a gun to your head.

And finally, I do agree that seems to be a rather... unwise genre to be trying to compete in. Still, PGI may have a unique spin on it that makes it distinctive. The No-NPC thing is interesting.

Need more info!

#76 Raghnall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:39 PM

View PostScratx, on 09 September 2014 - 04:15 PM, said:

Has there been any sort of publicity to the game outside these forums at all?

If not, that might explain why there is very little pledging going right now.

I'm debating, myself.

... And yes, I find all the trolling and negativism on that game's forums and related reddit/etc to be utterly disgusting. Especially in light of PGI's independence and recent track record in actually clawing back from development hellpit they were stuck in.

If you don't want to pledge, that's fine. Nobody's holding a gun to your head.

And finally, I do agree that seems to be a rather... unwise genre to be trying to compete in. Still, PGI may have a unique spin on it that makes it distinctive. The No-NPC thing is interesting.

Need more info!

PCGAMER has a short story on it here.

#77 Adran

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Veteran Founder
  • Veteran Founder
  • 166 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 04:43 PM

You know, based on what I've read, Transverse sounds like what they've been working on for MWO, but with spaceships instead...

#78 Darth Futuza

• 1,239 posts

Posted 09 September 2014 - 05:53 PM

Doesn't seem all that bad. I won't be pledging or anything, since I'm poor and a cheapskate who lives off of F2P games.

However, there's a lot of very strange decisions going on here.
1) Unreal 4 - When you already have lots of engineers/developers with CryEngine experience? Huh? Why relearn new engine?
2) Genre. So you are trying to compete with Star Citizen and Elite Dangerous? (Their expected release dates are also in 2015). Do you really have something special to offer they aren't already doing? Also don't forget Cyberpunk 2077 is coming then too.
3) Not very much advertising outside of their already regular player base, which is very niche and probably not too interested in it.
4) MMO without NPCs...hmmm...I get it sandboxes and dynamic player based world control is cool, but...really? NO NPCS at all? Your world might be kind of empty...and what happens when you try to have a new player tutorial? You going to force other players to be "Tutorial" Class players? (HAHAHA).

Well...I'll see where it goes I guess.

Edited by Darth Futuza, 09 September 2014 - 05:57 PM.

#79 Raghnall

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 265 posts
  • LocationWest Virginia

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

What seems really foolish is... mechwarrior and battletech has a space faring element to it. They could have even done something like world of tanks and introduced a flying component. Have fighters, dropships and such from the battletech universe. Maybe even did some sort of cross over of MWO and it. That could have been more interesting then this project.

Edited by Raghnall, 09 September 2014 - 06:19 PM.

#80 Ryvucz

Zunrith

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,839 posts
  • LocationColorado Springs, Colorado

Posted 09 September 2014 - 06:44 PM

Technically, you can't explore the universe until they reach $1 million.

4 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 4 guests, 0 anonymous users