#1181 Apnu

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:03 AM

View PostTopDawg, on 11 September 2014 - 09:45 AM, said:

That's a very sweeping overgeneralization. While there are a few posts I would have moderated (mostly related to personal attacks and wishing the ruination upon personal lives), the overwhelming majority has been fairly civil; if not constructive in places.

You are sending the exact wrong message with your post (arguably, the worst message actually). There are (more than likely) some who will not be able to let past transgressions go. There are (100% for sure) others who would still give MWO money if they made good on their promises and practices.

As I've already said, there's obviously a lot more wrong than just Niko's actions (far more encompassing than just this incident alone - although make no mistake, it is by no measure a 'small incident'); but he is an extremely unprofessional Community Manager, regardless of any other angles to be pursued.

Firing him--sacrificing him, whatever terminology you wish you to employ--will not solve all the woes of PGI. While I personally don't think he should keep his job, if he can clean up his act and actually do a proper job, it doesn't bother me in the slightest if he retains his position. But I am of the mind, that if you have identifiable 'wrongs' or 'bad', and choosing not to get rid of some of that in order to correct the course, well, you reap what you sow in the end.

I think he's got a fair point. As do you.

Niko could stay or he could go. PGI needs to understand that despite what they may want or desire, their customers are insisting on being involved in the development process. Their customers want to know what they're working on when and how soon they are to completion. Their customers also want to have a say in what is developed and development priorities.

PGI doesn't poll its player base that I can tell. An no, having Niko read feedback posts isn't polling. Yet, PGI claims, and Russ did this repeatedly in the Town Hall to have heard what the customers want and given customers what they want. I kept asking myself? When and how did they survey customers, did I miss something?

That's the #1 thing they need to fix.

Its not about the game, or delays, or changed rules, or reneging on promises or violating pillars. Its about communication. And communication is a two way street.

PGI needs to both listen and ask the right questions. We need to answer those questions civilly and respectfully.

This community is filled with vitriol and though PGI deserves much of the blame for that, the community, too, shares that blame. The arrogance of some posters on these forums and on Reddit is revolting.

#1182 phyrefox

Rookie

• Legendary Founder
  • Legendary Founder
  • 4 posts
  • LocationOntario, Canada

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

Was never much for forum posting, but i'll log in to put my name on this thread.
This whole debacle has me thinking back to the early days when things looked so promising, I had such high hopes for this game as many people here did. Watching the game's development go off the rails time and time again, broken promises and all over the time since then has been nothing short of an unending source of dissapointment and frustration. These days i'm all but finished with this game, and I haven't had it installed for some time :( It didn't have to be this way, PGI.

That being said, I had a great time facing off against many of you in the field back in the first year or so, thanks to you, fellow players/founders and such, for the good times and memories. o7

#1183 Jacmac

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 828 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:04 AM

View PostGwaihir, on 11 September 2014 - 09:58 AM, said:

People like him because he wasn't actively a huge **** to the community. He wasn't the best CM, but he wasn't actively hostile, so.

TBH, I have never thought of Niko as actively hostile, maybe heavy handed, but I always have believed that this coming from above him. I can't imagine any CM deciding to antagonize the community of his own volition.

#1184 IllCaesar

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 980 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:05 AM

View PostThisMachineKillsFascists, on 11 September 2014 - 09:28 AM, said:

Dude 90% of the posts in this topic have been very civil. I have comrehension for ppl who allways talked civil and respectful to pgi but all they gained was disrespect and lies and now those ppl feel scammed

I would welcome everyone to speak out their thoughts in a kind way but there are valid reasons why ppl are pissed off

There was that one person who was threatening to dox and harass PGI employees in real life, but I think that everybody would agree that doing that is crossing the line, and by a lot. Still though, everybody else has kept it mostly to "lol PGI" and legitimate criticism. A lot of venting and legitimate criticism, moreso than in most threads on the forum.

Edited by MarsAtlas, 11 September 2014 - 10:06 AM.

#1185 ThisMachineKillsFascists

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 871 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

View Postphyrefox, on 11 September 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

Was never much for forum posting, but i'll log in to put my name on this thread.
This whole debacle has me thinking back to the early days when things looked so promising, I had such high hopes for this game as many people here did. Watching the game's development go off the rails time and time again, broken promises and all over the time since then has been nothing short of an unending source of dissapointment and frustration. These days i'm all but finished with this game, and I haven't had it installed for some time :( It didn't have to be this way, PGI.

That being said, I had a great time facing off against many of you in the field back in the first year or so, thanks to you, fellow players/founders and such, for the good times and memories. o7

Love these kind of posts.

4 Posts in almost 3 Years and 1 of the post telling how dissapointed he is from pgi.

Do you see that Pgi? Do you understand whats going on?

Edited by ThisMachineKillsFascists, 11 September 2014 - 10:14 AM.

#1186 Star Captain Brofist

• PipPip
  • 41 posts
  • LocationI FEEL MY MANLY POWER SURGING

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:08 AM

Good morning MWO founders. I have a question- have you PMed Niko today? Remember, one reminder PM to Niko a day, keeps his failure in play! Do your civic duty!

Thanks and goon bless.

#1187 General Discussion Kerensky

• PipPipPip
  • Bad Company
  • Bad Company
  • 53 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:10 AM

Am I banned yet?

#1188 Gwaihir

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 352 posts

View PostJacmac, on 11 September 2014 - 10:04 AM, said:

TBH, I have never thought of Niko as actively hostile, maybe heavy handed, but I always have believed that this coming from above him. I can't imagine any CM deciding to antagonize the community of his own volition.

I would call preemptively searching out people to ban on these boards based on postings elsewhere on social media actively hostile, or at least extremely draconian. It's easy to over react when your own ego is on the line and involved in a day to day manner.

It's absolutely a ****** job, made doubly so because it has to cover for the lack of progress in MWO itself, but that doesn't excuse unprofessional behavior.

#1189 Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

They shouldn't need a thread like this to realize how monumentally they've ****** up. They still probably won't.

#1190 Sarlic

• Hearing Impaired
  • Hearing Impaired
  • 4,519 posts
  • LocationEurope

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:12 AM

Holy macarel!

This morning i had a quick peek on this thread before i did go to work. Only had about 3 pages. Now more then 60 pages. Looks like i am a little late, but i am welcoming all Founders to the reunion.

So, where are the ladies?!

Edited by Sarlic, 11 September 2014 - 10:12 AM.

#1191 Blacksoul1987

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Vicious
  • The Vicious
  • 392 posts

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:13 AM

View PostApnu, on 11 September 2014 - 10:03 AM, said:

I think he's got a fair point. As do you.

Niko could stay or he could go. PGI needs to understand that despite what they may want or desire, their customers are insisting on being involved in the development process. Their customers want to know what they're working on when and how soon they are to completion. Their customers also want to have a say in what is developed and development priorities.

PGI doesn't poll its player base that I can tell. An no, having Niko read feedback posts isn't polling. Yet, PGI claims, and Russ did this repeatedly in the Town Hall to have heard what the customers want and given customers what they want. I kept asking myself? When and how did they survey customers, did I miss something?

That's the #1 thing they need to fix.

Its not about the game, or delays, or changed rules, or reneging on promises or violating pillars. Its about communication. And communication is a two way street.

PGI needs to both listen and ask the right questions. We need to answer those questions civilly and respectfully.

This community is filled with vitriol and though PGI deserves much of the blame for that, the community, too, shares that blame. The arrogance of some posters on these forums and on Reddit is revolting.

there has been at least 1 poll that I remember its responsible for the AMS toggle that we got. it was a poll to vote the order for small fixes/features to be addressed on spare time.

#1192 Banned

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationLocation Location

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:15 AM

Speaking of heavy-handed moderation check out this thread.
Oh wait, you can't because they removed it.

Here's the link anyway.
http://partedveil.com/MWO/

Eat ****.

Edited by Banned, 11 September 2014 - 10:16 AM.

#1193 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostJestunhi, on 11 September 2014 - 09:43 AM, said:

There were threads full of constructive feedback about things like ECM and 3rd person.

When it became clear that approach was ignored many people lost interest in it.

I never mentioned or gave PGI cover for their "response" to those debacles. They had no response it was insulting then and its insulting now. I've been here since the beginning I saw it happened and I remember it well.

Also, you're right. PGI's response to negative feed back from the community over 3PV and Ghost Heat soured many. There was a communication breakdown and it started with PGI.

For all the blame laid at IGP in the town hall, and I take Russ at his word that IGP wasn't a good partnership and it wasn't working out. That doesn't give PGI cover, and it also shows IGP for being incompetent. Because, where was IGP when the ECM storm started? Where was IGP for 3PV? Where was IGP for Ghost Heat? Nowhere, they were dead silent, leaving PGI to deal with all that. IGP was a useless extra cook in the kitchen.

But again, that doesn't excuse PGI's insulting response and deaf ears.

#1194 Ken Fury

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,016 posts
  • LocationGermany

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:16 AM

View PostSarlic, on 11 September 2014 - 10:12 AM, said:

My fiancee was deeply amused by the Transverse "campaign". Also the V2 version of the Trailer is awesome. She's not going to post here.

#1195 Brut4ce

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • The Slayer
  • The Slayer
  • 364 posts
  • LocationLand's End

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:19 AM

Holy macarel!

This morning i had a quick peek on this thread before i did go to work. Only had about 3 pages. Now more then 60 pages. Looks like i am a little late, but i am welcoming all Founders to the reunion.

A boat has been chartered to bring them over to the island. :D Please gather by the Northern beach shortly to welcome them :)

#1196 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:21 AM

View PostBlacksoul1987, on 11 September 2014 - 10:13 AM, said:

there has been at least 1 poll that I remember its responsible for the AMS toggle that we got. it was a poll to vote the order for small fixes/features to be addressed on spare time.

There was? I missed it.

But then that's my point. OK, I'll take you at your word and believe there was a poll. Did they advertise it on the site somewhere? Is there a link so I can see the poll results? Did they also do a full court press of twitter, facebook and Reddit? Why isn't PGI trumpeting this from the heavens?

They need schooling in communication. I've said this from the beginning. Go back and search my forum history. I talk about PGI's lack of communication all the time.

#1197 lunatitch

Rookie

• Mercenary
  • Mercenary
  • 8 posts
  • LocationUnited Kingdom

Posted 11 September 2014 - 10:22 AM

Break the rules, get banned.
As someone who's a CM on several games, I don't see an issue here?

All these Founders here ... <3
Suppose this is what happens when you tell your most loyal customers they're not the target audience any more and completely ignore any and all feedback they give :-/

P.S. Goons still suck ..... j/k please don't kill me :(

Edited by lunatitch, 11 September 2014 - 10:27 AM.

#1198 Draco Harkins

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 264 posts
  • LocationIn the good part of Battletech, the tabletop.

View PostHarabec Weathers, on 10 September 2014 - 06:43 PM, said:

Posted Image

Thing of beauty...

Posted Image

#1199 Country Gravy

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 193 posts

Founder checking in....seems everything is going as predicted.

Carry on.

#1200 Apnu

• Elite Founder
  • Elite Founder
  • 2,083 posts
  • LocationMidWest

Holy macarel!

Say what? It was over 20 pages at midnight CDT last night.

Edited by Apnu, 11 September 2014 - 10:28 AM.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users