• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts
  • LocationChicago, Il, USA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 05:59 PM

Questions:

I too am wondering how mercs and lone wolves will work

Other questions:

How will clan factions operate? Same as IS? Will they be limited in what they bring in some fashion to emulate batchall?
How will units who do not want to affiliate with specific clans (homeworld clans, clan lone wolves, etc operate?
These maps are very specific. How many will you have done by years end?

#42 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

Additional question:

What about players who dont have 1 of each weight class, (especially if there are faction mech limits).

Mechs cost real money/time and a lot of folks dont have a large stable to choose from.

#43 Triordinant

• Ace Of Spades
  • 3,495 posts
  • LocationThe Dark Side of the Moon

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:04 PM

View PostChemie, on 10 September 2014 - 05:16 PM, said:

So with JJ nerf, light pilots can jump over small rocks...barriers will be small rock height?

If constructed properly, the barriers should require lights to have at least half of their maximum jump jets in order to clear them.

#44 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

View PostGlycerineOxide, on 10 September 2014 - 06:02 PM, said:

A 12 man PUG with no comms will just get decimated.....

Forget it, no way you are going to get a clan pack refunded, I tried, failed. PGI are just crooks tbh...

Dude, you are REALLY angry and bitter. Why are you even here. Seriously, not being snarky. It sounds like you need to find a new focus for your free time.

#45 SirDubDub

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 259 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:05 PM

How will the map production pipeline be streamlined to deliver the large number of new areas to fight over in order to keep planetary defense interesting? Will you generate a set of reusable assets for attack /defend hotspots? Will we see new maps using assets from previous ones? (i.e. combine frozen city with alpine to make frozen city limits)

Edited by SirDubDub, 10 September 2014 - 06:22 PM.

#46 White Bear 84

• Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 3,857 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

View PostMal, on 10 September 2014 - 05:25 PM, said:

Wow.. Paul sounded just like Niko there... One thing I'd like clarification on.. where do Merc Units, and, especially Lone Wolves/Unaffilated players fall in this? Previously, it was talked about us being 'filler' to round out groups, is that still the plan?

Will merc corps be able to own their own planets within IS space 'under the protection of the house/clan where the planet lies'.

What if you are a merc corp without any affiliation? Where would these organisations be based in the scheme of things? Is there going to be a requirement for merc units to have at minimum 1 neutral relationshop with the great houses/clans in order to occupy a planet?

#47 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:06 PM

Will there be any mechanism(s) for IS to acquire Clan tech and for Clan to acquire IS tech?

1. For example, will there be a black market where Clan and IS tech can be purchased with C-Bills, with mech prices floating according to their current perceived value?

2. Will there be salvage at the end of battles?

Regards,

Aidan

Ronin Legion

ps. It is not Drop Deck, it is Drop Dec. The abbreviation Dec. stands for a declaration of your Battlemech force.

Edited by Aidan, 10 September 2014 - 06:09 PM.

#48 Darwins Dog

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 1,476 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:09 PM

I'm wondering what exactly you mean that you faction dictates the mechs you can use. Is that just referring to IS/Clan mechs, or will IS players be limited to the mechs that their chosen house uses?

#49 Deathlike

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Littlest Helper
  • Littlest Helper
  • 29,240 posts
  • Location#NOToTaterBalance #BadBalanceOverlordIsBad

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:10 PM

View PostSprouticus, on 10 September 2014 - 06:04 PM, said:

Additional question:

What about players who dont have 1 of each weight class, (especially if there are faction mech limits).

Mechs cost real money/time and a lot of folks dont have a large stable to choose from.

Well, I've suggested before having mechbays by default be 6 (or at least gain 2 freely from some NPE based tutorial), due to the 3-mech grind system... but it would be more problematic for people that solely specialize in one class though.

Edit:
This doesn't even consider having a proper build/loadout as a defending team to complement the group.

Edited by Deathlike, 10 September 2014 - 06:12 PM.

#50 Tezcatli

• The Bludgeon
  • The Bludgeon
  • 1,494 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:13 PM

Does anyone else feel that Arty and Airstrikes and other consumables could be used as part of a resource pool?

#51 Sky Hawk

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 700 posts
  • LocationDeep Periphery, aka Hungary

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:14 PM

1. When can we know more over the "associated rewards"?

2. Have you more info from the bidding system?

3. So, one (12 player) Group attack the Planet, and some thousand players klick "Defend" at the same time?

4. Just 4 Mech in drop deck? Was not something mentioned, with 8 in the past?

5. What you plan, how long will a PCGM match run? (Much more than 15 min?)

6. Can the defender team resupply Ammo and/or repair their Mechs? (It's their home base... so..)

7. If you let Lights jump behind the defenders.. why should the other players attack at all? (I mean, first the defenders will kill about 30% of their own Teammates, while they chase after the Lights, and the Lights will kill every remaining Mechs in no time... The attack team Atlas or DW-player will not even have time to reach the fight before it's end... )

8. Have you any pictures/sketches from any of this things?

9. What do you think, how many weeks will take Nikolai (and team) to read and lists all the posts of 2 weeks?

Edited by Sky Hawk, 10 September 2014 - 06:17 PM.

#52 Sprouticus

• Bridesmaid
  • 2,781 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:15 PM

View PostSolis Obscuri, on 10 September 2014 - 05:29 PM, said:

Two questions, off the top of my head:

What value will non-jump capable lights have if they cannot circumvent chokepoints?

Why is the disabling the gate control a jump-sniping challenge? Why not just make the gate destructible, and make disabling the generator a quick mode to taking out the gate and turrets?

If there are multiple gates (1 layer of 7 or 7 layers of 1??) in the same layer, attacking and defending lights could shift betwen lightly occupied gates to help open options. Similar to the Attack/Defend gates in WoW

#53 Kjudoon

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Rage
  • Rage
  • 7,636 posts
  • LocationWisconsin

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:16 PM

View PostPaul Inouye, on 10 September 2014 - 05:14 PM, said:

I failed at the copy paste... just go here: http://mwomercs.com/...warfare-phase-2

DOn't worry, my Copy/paste Fu is weak some days too. LOL

A small series of questions.

1. Rearm and Repair. Please confirm it IS coming back in some form to give us consequential battles and encourage better, more responsible game play.

2. I really desperately want to see a dynamic economy that changes with victories and losses of worlds, Faction allegiance, unit affiliation and more in that you could actually become a merchant in a certain form through battlefield salvage. I see this as a critical way to make this game far deeper and more interesting as time goes on and provide more interest beyond "Mech Smash" matches.

3. Using the Seraphim as an example of a unit who's 'claimed' their current planet at Asuncion a long time ago, we've been writing lots of fan lore based on what we could find. Much of it is on our website:

http://seraphimregim...ewforum/4370089

Will we be allowed to help write and fill in gaps with what you have in planetary lore as most planets don't have much information and Asuncion is one of them?

Lastly, thank you for the update. I am very excited to see some of this start taking shape and even though some of the things I want may not be to my selfish advantage, it will make for a more full and enriching experience. The more you flesh out the "Out Of Mech Experience" (OOME) the better this game will become and more complex and intriguing this game will come to be.

Thanks.

#54 Solis Obscuri

Don't Care How I Want It Now!

• The DeathRain
  • The DeathRain
  • 4,751 posts
  • LocationPomme de Terre

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:17 PM

View PostSprouticus, on 10 September 2014 - 06:15 PM, said:

If there are multiple gates (1 layer of 7 or 7 layers of 1??) in the same layer, attacking and defending lights could shift betwen lightly occupied gates to help open options. Similar to the Attack/Defend gates in WoW

But if they need to jump the wall in order to threaten the generators... where does that leave non-jump capable lights?

#55 Bartholomew bartholomew

• Urban Commando
  • Urban Commando
  • 1,250 posts
  • LocationInner sphere drop point

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:24 PM

Well I have 2 questions offhand with the current details given.

1. If the option times end up being too short. Are you willing to expand opt in times quickly enough in small increments until it seems like enough without being far too much. (defend click, mech select, etc)

2. Since this will require bigger maps as stated. Are you looking in to expanding older maps designed for 8vs8 so that they can be usable within the CW context?

#56 CharlieChap

• PipPipPip
  • Wrath
  • Wrath
  • 52 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

So as I read through the document Planetary battles will work something like this:-

* An eligible unit can declare an attack on a contested Planet

* Units bid for the right to defend a planet...(before or after the attack on the planet is declared ?)
Presumably any unit that happens to be of relevant faction and happens to be online at the time the planet is flashing and the attack is declared ?

* Both Units form 12 mans (most won't have 12 people) so the remaining slots are public to all those of relevant factions (this integrates groups and pugs nicely, like it.)

* The Defender can set a weight restriction of some type ?.

* Each player forms a Deck of 4 mechs, one of each weight class (the time limits seem really fast to do these things but I guess those are just working guesses and will be refined when you get to that.)

* The battle commences ... results applied etc.

Something like that ?

Three questions:-

I am assuming the bidding and attacking system is pretty quick and immediate. If a unit had won a bid to defend a planet in a longer term system , people would have to schedule this stuff in advance, times etc. I am guessing that this is planned to be a pretty immediate 'drop in' type system ?

if defenders bid for the right to defend with C-bills, there is presumably a reward for doing this ?. Salvage ?, prestige ?, money ?...bragging rights ? ...this isn't really explained.

Is there some kind of 'newsfeed' streaming results of battles, anecdotes , snippets from Lore and the novels at relevant dates etc to back this up ? . I presume the announcement of the battles for single players will be part of something like this ?

Edited by CharlieChap, 10 September 2014 - 06:32 PM.

#57 Rebas Kradd

• 2,969 posts

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:28 PM

* 2 minutes to respond and 30 seconds to prepare won't be near enough notification time, especially if you need 12-mans and weight-restriction wrangling. Nowhere near enough. Should probably be fifteen minutes at the very least, and even then a good number of them would need to be on standby, twiddling their thumbs and lacking a life or a healthy marriage. Or allow the current group queue to populate CW, assuming factions can be consolidated.

* Large, multiple-choke point maps are good for now, but will the future also contain wide-open "just cross the border" type maps? That would make scouting, communication, and further improvements to information warfare even more vital.

* What about solo players and mercs? Where is their role?

* Will you force match cooldown periods for individuals and/or groups so they can't clog up the queue and/or influence the outcomes by switching sides?

* More on what match details contracted defenders will have control over? Will they be subject to 4x3 matchmaking?

* More details on defensive bidding?

* How do the respawns work in the planetary conquest game mode?

* To reduce confusion between planetary conquest and conquest modes, could you just rename this Campaign?

* What decides the victory over a planet? One match?

* Can you at least confirm that this will be released by end of year?

* Is there a Phase 3 that includes further features, like a dynamic economy that influences weapons and commodities based on certain planets' occupation?

Edited by Rebas Kradd, 10 September 2014 - 08:18 PM.

#58 Anais Opal

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Bridesmaid
  • Bridesmaid
  • 590 posts
  • LocationOutreach - Shopping of course!

Posted 10 September 2014 - 06:31 PM

View PostEast Indy, on 10 September 2014 - 06:22 PM, said:

Y'okay, Batman.

This is a F2P video game with tens of thousands of people somehow, somehow not morally offended. They don't have to be PGI boosters to come and go and get what they came for. Seek help.

Tens of thousands, think that's just a tiny bit over estimated :P

But I'm sorry that my empathy for my fellow players leads you to believe that I need to 'seek help' I wasn't aware that caring about other people rather than myself was an illness....

Edited by GlycerineOxide, 10 September 2014 - 06:35 PM.

#59 xJohnWolf

• PipPipPipPipPip
  • The Howl
  • The Howl
  • 151 posts

Where will merc units fit into CW? And will they be strictly limited to Clan or IS mechs? Or will there be contracts to other houses/clans and then restricted based on what house/clan they happen to be working for at the time?

#60 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Love the info!

Questions.
1. Does Invasion game mode require completely new maps, by the sound of it, or can existing maps be modified to work? Regardless, how many maps will be available when this phase rolls out?
2. You allude to respawns, but do not say how that is going to work. Is it instant? Once per mech (4)? Is there any reward/penalty for how many times you respawn?

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users