• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts
  • Twitter: Link
  • Twitch: Link
  • LocationA hop, skip and jump from Terra

Posted 21 January 2015 - 06:55 PM

View PostMorthash, on 21 January 2015 - 05:15 PM, said:

It was mentioned that the 4 mechs we choose to play with must be of the same technology core(IS or Clan). I have put a great deal of effort into certain mechs and I'm not sure what faction(s) I should put my loyalty into. I've put a lot of time into Nova's, for example, since I started playing a week ago and I still have no idea what factions will allow me to use it. Players should be allowed to click on a faction and get a list of mechs that faction uses and any other conditions that must be met before a player can use any given mech on that list. I found a list on the forums, but it's incomplete and it's not even official. I love this game, but at this point I have no idea what mechs to buy with my C-Bills and I don't want to agree to a 7-day contract just to see an official list of allowed mechs and then find out I can't use the mechs that I already have and then be stuck using trial mechs until my contract ends. Please do something about this soon.

These are the IS mechs: http://mwomercs.com/game/battlemechs

The rest are Clan.

You can also see the full list, with loadouts and all sorts of other info, at http://mwo.smurfy-net.de/

#522 Aidan

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Ace Of Spades
  • Ace Of Spades
  • 542 posts
  • LocationFlorida, USA

Posted 22 January 2015 - 08:30 AM

As of this point in the Community Warfare portion of the MWO game, if you join an Inner Sphere Faction, you can only use Inner Sphere battlemechs. If you join a Clan faction, you can only use Clan battlemechs. If you own both Inner Sphere and Clan mechs and you enter into short duration contracts, here are some examples.

You own some Clan mechs, you join a Clan faction for a 7 day contract. During his contract you can only use Clan mechs for Community Warfare game play.

You own some Inner Sphere mechs, you join an Inner Sphere faction for a 7 day contract. During his contract you can only use Inner Sphere mechs for Community Warfare game play.

If you play in Public MWO games, you can use either Clan or Inner Sphere mechs.

#523 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 200 posts

Posted 16 February 2015 - 08:33 PM

Are you still planning to implement weight class restrictions for CW drop decks? If so when?
1 Assault, 1 Heavy, 1 Medium, 1 Light

I think that would balance the matches instead of these 12 man light rush in a first wave where the game is over under 5 minutes? Or the 2nd wave of 12 thunderbolts with PPC's etc. Farming planets is to easy, make the game last longer than 5 minutes please.

#524 Cimarb

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 17 February 2015 - 08:03 AM

View PostManusDei, on 16 February 2015 - 08:33 PM, said:

Are you still planning to implement weight class restrictions for CW drop decks? If so when?
1 Assault, 1 Heavy, 1 Medium, 1 Light

I think that would balance the matches instead of these 12 man light rush in a first wave where the game is over under 5 minutes? Or the 2nd wave of 12 thunderbolts with PPC's etc. Farming planets is to easy, make the game last longer than 5 minutes please.

They are not planning on it, last I heard, and I am glad. There is a lot of diversity in CW right now. Forcing 4x1 will only hurt that, and the exact issue you are complaining about will still happen. 4x1 does nothing to stop a 12-man light rush from happening (lights), nor a 2nd wave of 12 thunderbolts (heavy), even within the same match.

#525 ManusDei

• PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Big Daddy
  • Big Daddy
  • 200 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 11:36 AM

Please read Paul Inouye's post before responding with your own opinion.
http://mwomercs.com/...warfare-phase-2

DROP DECKS
A drop deck is a selection of 4 ‘Mechs in the player’s inventory. Each of the 4 ‘Mechs must be one of each weight class (one light, one medium, one heavy, one assault). All 4 ‘Mechs must belong to the same technology core (IS or Clan). The Drop Deck is a means for the player to quickly choose their favorite ‘Mech of a specific weight class when in the defender queue outlined above.

The Drop Deck will display the following:
•Currently chosen Light ‘Mech thumbnail
•Currently chosen Medium ‘Mech thumbnail
•Currently chosen Heavy ‘Mech thumbnail
•Current chosen Assault ‘Mech thumbnail
•A drop down in each 'Mech panel will allow the player to change a 'Mech for an owned, same weight class 'Mech.

Edited by ManusDei, 19 February 2015 - 11:37 AM.

#526 p4r4g0n

• PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • Knight Errant
  • 1,511 posts
  • LocationMalaysia

Posted 19 February 2015 - 01:43 PM

@ManusDei

That was superceded by a subsequent decision based on player feedback to switch to a tonnage limit. Also, Cimarb is absolutely correct that it would not prevent 12 light zerg rushes, etc.

Seeing as how you have been around since 2012, you should be well aware of the fact that a lot of communication unfortunately does not take place on the forum nor are the Devs particularly good at updating their posts with subsequent changes in gameplay, etc.

Edited by p4r4g0n, 19 February 2015 - 01:49 PM.

#527 Cimarb

• Caladbolg
  • Caladbolg
  • 3,912 posts

Posted 19 February 2015 - 02:04 PM

View Postp4r4g0n, on 19 February 2015 - 01:43 PM, said:

@ManusDei

That was superceded by a subsequent decision based on player feedback to switch to a tonnage limit. Also, Cimarb is absolutely correct that it would not prevent 12 light zerg rushes, etc.

Seeing as how you have been around since 2012, you should be well aware of the fact that a lot of communication unfortunately does not take place on the forum nor are the Devs particularly good at updating their posts with subsequent changes in gameplay, etc.

Quoting this just in case you did not read it the first time, Manus, or missed my similar response to you in the other thread you posted the same question in.

I do not like light rushes either, but you have to come up with a better solution to them, as the one you are espousing does not fix the issue you are trying to address.

#528 LittleFly

• PipPip
  • Philanthropist
  • Philanthropist
  • 43 posts
  • LocationPurvo

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:01 AM

Question: Will the Liao ranks get change to cannon names at some point?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/CCAF_-_Ranks

#529 Threat Doc

• The Bowman
  • The Bowman
  • 3,715 posts
  • LocationO'Shaughnnessy MMW Base, Devon Continent, Rochester, FedCom

Posted 22 March 2015 - 10:21 AM

View PostLittleFly, on 22 March 2015 - 10:01 AM, said:

Question: Will the Liao ranks get change to cannon names at some point?

http://www.sarna.net/wiki/CCAF_-_Ranks
LittleFly, I hate to sound so negative, but just let me prepare you, now, to expect nothing more that is truly BattleTech CANON related to enter this game at any time in the future, outside of what's going into the combat simulator, and the joke PGI calls Community Warfare. They are so focused on providing for the twitcher community that anything relating to canon went by the wayside about a year or so ago. From February 4th, 2014, when UI 2.0 came out, they began concentrating on ensuring the game system was completely balanced but, instead of listening to the community and taking suggestions for what could be done, they have stubbornly plowed ahead in ignorance of anything BattleTech-canon, and as a result said canon is entirely devoid, except in the combat simulator, and even that is borne of major deception. The combat simulator "feels" like what the tabletop game translated to computer SHOULD be, but that is where any similarity ceases.

I'm sorry to break it to you, but it is what it is.

1 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 1 guests, 0 anonymous users